PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn dead (New player race)[PEACH]

beholder
2006-07-26, 03:28 PM
this is my first try.i figured if players can play LA 0 warforged, then they should be able toplay LA 0 undead

Reg collpased backwards under the sheer weight of arrows. after a while of sitting on the barricade, his brain realised he was dead, and he collapsed.however, his brain was mistaken, as it would discover in a few hours
Stubborn dead
Sometimes when people die, they come back.Nobody knows why, but the reason is, they either actually never realize they're dead or consider the fact that they're dead a minor inconvenience.

Stubborn Dead LA+0

No constituition,dex-4,strength+2.
living dead are stonger due to zombiefication, but their decayed brains make them poor casters and deaden their reflexes.
stubborn dead are weaker and slower than a living person
undead: stubborn dead are healed by negative energy and damaged by healing energy, arent affected by poison,or disease, but are vulnerable to disruption weapons and suchlike.
Deadened senses: stubborn dead need not make a fort roll to resist massive damage, or any other fort saves,they automatically pass.
DR 5/crushing and slashing weapons: stubbron dead are fairly immune to arrows and spears, beacause of a lack of vital organs.
base speed: 20 feet
Inhuman strength: stubborn dead move at full move even when fully encumbered
bonus feat:diehard
Hit die: despite the class description, stubborn dead always gain d12 hit die, no matter what class
Decayed brain: stubborn dead's Int score cannot be changed by anything short of wish or miracle.
god's disgust:any member of the stubborn dead whom becomes a cleric cannot proceed past a level equal to their wisdom modifier, except clerics of Nerull
alignment:any
favoured class:fighter or expert

Hypertext
2006-07-26, 03:39 PM
It looks good enough as far as flavor goes... but the DR/5 will be pretty unbalanced at low levels i think. I on the other had have no eye for balancing. I like it though :)

BelkarsDagger
2006-07-26, 03:42 PM
It all boils down to if people want to play or not.

I wouldnt want to play this. Why?

They have a total of -6 to stats. -2 Con is pretty devastating, especially at low levels.

The damage reduction might balance that out... not sure though.

beholder
2006-07-26, 03:42 PM
Hypertext:i thought the con and dex penalties might offest that. and the fact that its only against arrows and spears.thanks for the compliment,too!

mr.zergling: i reckon the DR plus diehard would counteract that

Lord Iames Osari
2006-07-26, 03:48 PM
Undead have no Constitution score.

beholder
2006-07-26, 03:51 PM
Damn!
thanks, i cant beleive i missed that
i'll tweak it

Sciurusaurus
2006-07-26, 06:36 PM
I have two comments to make on this race

The first :

Diehard will have no effect, as an undead creature is immediately destroyed upon reaching 0 or less hp.

Since Diehard upgrades from "dying" to "disabled", it has no effect on a destroyed creature.

The second :

This is an über arcane spellcaster race. Sure, you don't get Con, and your Dex is penalized, but a smart arcanist is usually able to position himself where he's not that much attacked, and the upgrade from d4 to d12 will more than compensate for not having a con. And additionally, there's no penalty for using con as a dump stat, since it's removed anyway.

The DR makes the race even better for an arcanist, as it provides an extra defense against most non-spell ranged attacks.

Does the race have the standard undead immunities?

I don't think it's possible to make a LA +0 undead race that reflects the undead type properly. The undead type has too many inherent bonuses for that.

beholder
2006-07-27, 02:53 PM
good point
i'm thinking about it, i just reckoned if you can have LA playable golems, why not zombies?