PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone statted out O-Chul?

Stormthorn
2009-06-11, 07:31 PM
Im assuming he must be at least a level 15 human Fighter/Paladin with Improved Toughness but i dont know what else he might have up his sleeve.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-06-11, 07:55 PM
High Wis, but low Cha.

Probably picked up Serenity to base Paladin abilities off of Wis instead of Cha.

Probably has a monstrous Con score, which means Improved Toughness is probably not needed.

Stormthorn
2009-06-11, 08:05 PM
BTW, does Improved Toughness require you to take Toughness?

Sanguine
2009-06-11, 08:06 PM
BTW, does Improved Toughness require you to take Toughness?

Yes it does.

ericgrau
2009-06-11, 08:14 PM
I thought it didn't.

Zeta Kai
2009-06-11, 08:19 PM
Yes it does.

No, it does not.

Improved Toughness [General, Complete Warrior/Libris Mortis: The Book of the Dead/Monster Manual III]

You are significantly tougher than normal.

Prerequisite: Base Fortitude save bonus +2.

Benefit: You gain a number of hit points equal to your current Hit Dice. Each time you gain a HD (such as by gaining a level), you gain 1 additional hit point. If you lose a HD (such as by losing a level), you lose 1 hit point permanently.

Special: A fighter may select Improved Toughness as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Sanguine
2009-06-11, 08:21 PM
No, it does not.

Improved Toughness [General, Complete Warrior/Libris Mortis: The Book of the Dead/Monster Manual III]

You are significantly tougher than normal.

Prerequisite: Base Fortitude save bonus +2.

Benefit: You gain a number of hit points equal to your current Hit Dice. Each time you gain a HD (such as by gaining a level), you gain 1 additional hit point. If you lose a HD (such as by losing a level), you lose 1 hit point permanently.

Special: A fighter may select Improved Toughness as one of his fighter bonus feats.

:smallredface:guess I remembered wrong.

Alteran
2009-06-11, 08:22 PM
You'll find the only concrete information we have here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5183593&postcount=13), and also some speculation.

Cedrass
2009-06-11, 08:30 PM
Yes it does.

No, no it doesn't.

Edit: Ninja'd :(

Stormthorn
2009-06-11, 08:38 PM
Well, i think (not sure) can get a level 16 character to have 300 or so hitpoints without any items.

But i need Slow trait and Aberration Blood feats to do it.

Rustscale
2009-06-11, 08:48 PM
He would definitely have Endurance (expressly so he get the next feat, Die Hard).

Lappy9000
2009-06-11, 09:03 PM
When O-Chul said "fighter" levels, he clearly meant "dreadnaught (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99504)" :smallbiggrin:

Stormthorn
2009-06-11, 11:23 PM
When O-Chul said "fighter" levels, he clearly meant "dreadnaught (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99504)" :smallbiggrin:

He could be an ex-barbarian lying about what class he was for shame of his past.
I like that explanation.

Zeta Kai
2009-06-12, 05:13 AM
He could be an ex-barbarian lying about what class he was for shame of his past.

But he's the worst liar in the world (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0545.html), with Charisma as his dump stat. And unlike Miko the Zealot, he's one of those super-noble-&-honorable pallies you only see as NPC's. He's not lying about anything.

Draz74
2009-06-12, 12:10 PM
He would definitely have Endurance (expressly so he get the next feat, Die Hard).

No, he certainly does not have Diehard. We've seen Xykon knock him out without killing him (i.e. in the HP range from -9 to -1) twice.

imp_fireball
2009-06-12, 11:44 PM
High Wis, but low Cha.

Probably picked up Serenity to base Paladin abilities off of Wis instead of Cha.

Probably has a monstrous Con score, which means Improved Toughness is probably not needed.

Or maybe he has improved toughness in addition to a monstrous CON score? It's only +1/level after all. Not to mention he still ain't dead - we don't know how much damage he'd suffered at the beginning of the incident with the shark in the acid.