PDA

View Full Version : Sniper [3.5 Base class] PEACH

-Baldur-
2009-06-11, 08:19 PM
The War Host Leader crept steadily along the wall, his elven warrior comrades moving ever-silent behind him. The way was clear ahead, no foe within sight. He smirked silently to himself, stupid humans, oh how they're young would perish. Suddenly a noise behind him caused him to swivel, meeting a sight of gore and bloodshed, the final two members of his War Party lay dead, elegant crossbow bolts through each eye.

His head ripped around, looking for the soon-to-be-dead attacker. No one was visible, he peeked around the corner of the building to find nothing but darkness. As he turned back the two warriors in front of him slumped to the ground. Neat little holes emitting light from the sunshine onto the soil that was quickly turning red with gore. Suddenly he was knocked from his feet and hurled ten feet backward, his hand rising to his head and coming away with part of his eye dripping from his fingertips. His final sight, a glint of metal 300 ft away.

The sniper stood, jogging quickly, relocating his position, another group of elves was trying to come up the side path of the small human encampment. Soon-to-be-dead elves he thought to himself stoically, shaking his head at the grim determination as he lay prone in the soil.

Sniper Hit Die: D6
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+0|Ranged Sneak Attack +1d6, Relocate

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+0|Distant Shot +20ft,

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+1|Ranged Sneak Attack +2d6, Snipers Weapon

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Distant Shot +40ft

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Ranged Sneak Attack +3d6, Marked Shot

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+2|Distant Shot +60ft

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+2|Ranged Sneak Attack +4d6, Called Shot-Abdomen

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+2|Distant Shot +80ft

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+3|Ranged Sneak Attack +6D6, Hide in Plain Sight

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+3|Distant Shot+100ft, Called Shot-Leg.

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+3|Ranged Sneak Attack +7D6, Steady Hand 1/day

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+4|Distant Shot +120ft, Unseen Demon.

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+4|Ranged Sneak Attack +8D6, Called Shot-Arm

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+4|Distant Shot +140 ft, Steady Hand 2/day

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+5|Ranged Sneak attack +9D6, Called Shot-Head

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+5|Distant Shot +160ft, Mechanical Precision

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+5|Ranged Sneak Attack +10D6, Undeath to Death

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11 |
+6|Distant Shot +180ft

19th|
+13/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+6|Assassins Bolt

20th|
+15/+10/+5 |
+6|
+12|
+6|Distant Shot +200ft, Divine Shot, Exceptional Reflexes[/table]

Class Skills (4+ Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Dungeon) (Int), Knowledge (Anatomy)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), Use Rope (Dex).

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Snipers are proficient with a very small range of weapons, these being only inclusive of Daggers, the long bow, short bow, hand crossbow, crossbow, heavy crossbow and the Snipers Crossbow.
Snipers are proficient in Light Armor only, and if they choose to wear heavier they may no longer make Distant shots or Ranged Sneak attacks. They also incur a further 20% miss chance on their called shots.

Ranged Sneak Attack: As long as the target cannot see the Sniper, he may make his Sneak Attack at range, please note the Sniper cannot activate his Sneak Attack ability in Melee. Even if the target is flatfooted, the Sniper cannot make a Sneak Attack if the Target has line of sight to the Sniper. This ability begins at +1d6 extra damage, and increases by 1D6 per every other level until +10D6 at seventeenth.

Relocate: The sniper may fire his weapon and then relocate, effectively hiding him again in the same turn as attacking. This can only be attempted once per attack, is considered a swift action, and can only be attempted if the Sniper was hidden prior to attacking.

Distant Shot: As the sniper progresses in experience and through many years of practice, he is able to increase the effective range at which he can pick off a target. This ability begins at 20ft to his effective range with any ranged weapon, and continues to raise every other level to +200ft at 20th, making him effectively the longest range attacker in the game.

Snipers Weapon: The snipers weapon is a crossbow, made primarily for firing at targets a long distance away; it is equipped with a fold out tripod that when placed on the ground, with the sniper in a prone position, adds +2 to the attack role of all the snipers ranged attacks from that weapon. It also has a stock that sits against the Snipers shoulder to further enhance his aim, adding +1 to his attack roll when unfolded. The weapon requires 1 round to unfold the stock and one round to unfold the tripod. The Sniper can travel with the pieces unfolded, at a penalty of -5ft to his movement. The weapon deals 1D10(+Dex bonus) damage as long as it is fired from a range more than 30ft from the target. Otherwise it deals 1D6, and acts as if the bolt has passed straight through the body, causing little harm. The crossbow is fired like a repeating crossbow, and has a “Bolt Pack” that can only be crafted by the sniper. Each bolt pack costs 100GP to forge and carries 10 specially crafted bolts. It costs 4000GP to craft a Snipers Crossbow, and it acts as if it is a +3 weapon for purposes of dealing damage to creatures with damage reduction. The Snipers crossbow has an effective range of 220ft.

Marked Shot: Once per encounter (combat encounter) the Sniper can mark a target. He may only mark one target, and switching to another target is not an option. The sniper must study the target for 1 full round before marking him. Marking a target adds an additional +2 to the attack roll for the sniper against that target, as well as +1 damage.

Called shots: Abdomen, Leg, Arm, Head. The sniper is now adept at anatomy, and as he rises in experience, he can effectively aim for a certain body part, disenabling the target to function properly. The target must make a successful Fortitude Save or lose the use of that body part. This ability cannot be used in conjunction with any other sniper ability.
Called Shot, Abdomen The target is struck squarely in the chest, knocking the breath from their bodies. The target suffers -2 on attack and damage, as well as being unable to move more than 5ft without becoming fatigued.
Called Shot, leg: The target loses use of the leg, and movement rate is halved for 3 rounds. If both legs have Called Shots, the target is knocked prone, and may not stand until one leg recovers.
Called Shot, arm The sniper designates an arm that he is making the called shot on, the target then loses use of that arm, dropping anything held, and being made unable to swing a weapon or even lift that arm for 3 rounds.
Called shot, head The target is knocked unconscious, if the Fortitude save is successful and the shot strikes, a Will save must be made or the target comes under effects equivalent to the “Fear” spell.

Hide in Plain Sight: The Sniper has become so adept at hiding his presence, that he may now do so even while being looked at. This uses the hide check modifier at a -2 penalty.

Steady Hand: The sniper ingests a plant toxin that completely calms his nerves, his hands becoming perfectly steady. His body however can only handle a certain amount. Thus this ability can only be used once a day at 11th, and twice a day at 14th level. If the Sniper attempts the ability more than the advised amount, he suffers a 30% cumulative effect of Instant Death. The drug adds an additional +10 to the next ranged shot over 50ft.

Unseen Death: The snipers perfect accuracy now causes shock in all that view his amazing skill with his weapons, making them so nervous that they are completely unable to discern the origin of the shot. This ability allows the Sniper to remain hidden, even if the attack is seen by others, so long as the target dies from the shot.

Mechanical Precision: The Sniper, having become precise to a pin point at killing humans, has shifted his focus to include constructs. As long as the Sniper is behind a construct, and more than 50ft away, he may now apply his Ranged Sneak attack damage to constructs at a -4 penalty to attack rolls, showing the difficulty in injuring a machine.

Undeath to Death: The sniper has located the precise area where he should place his shots to disassemble the undead. His shots now unerringly seek out the major joints in the undead body. The sniper may now use his Ranged Sneak Attack ability against undead without discernible anatomy.

Assassins Bolt: Once per day the Sniper may attempt to instantly slay a creature. His shot strikes the exact point within an individual’s body that would cause complete system shut down. The target must make a fortitude save or be slain outright. This ability cannot be used in conjunction with Undeath to Death or Mechanical Precision, the target must have a discernable anatomy.

Divine Shot: The Sniper has become the perfect weapon, able to judge angles, surface gradients and distances as close to perfection as possible. The Sniper can now ricochet his shots to strike multiple surfaces to hit a missed target; the Sniper may (at-will) reroll any missed shot to strike at another creature within 40ft of his initial target one time per creature per encounter.

Exceptional Reflexes: The snipers reflexes have become inhumane, almost god-like. Time slows as if the world had stopped for everyone but the Sniper. His breathing calm, his hands steady, he picks off his targets as if they were cans on a fence no more than 2 ft away. Once per day, the Sniper may make each attack he is granted, applicable to every creature within his visible range up to a limit of 5 creatures per each attack. Following use of this ability, the Sniper falls unconscious for two rounds due to the magnificent amount of focus required from such an effort. This ability cannot be used with any other Sniper ability than Distant Shot.

Stormthorn
2009-06-11, 10:35 PM
I would use this.

And then take levels in my PrC called Sniper.

I would be a snipers sniper.

-Baldur-
2009-06-11, 10:59 PM
I would use this.

And then take levels in my PrC called Sniper.

I would be a snipers sniper.

lol so functionally....the class works? Doesn't seem too over powered? Or under powered for that matter?

He really only functions at a distance. Useless up close and personal.

i see u
2009-06-12, 12:55 AM
Very nice...i could also see my self using this...when it says "fortitude save" when is the dc

Ty

-Baldur-
2009-06-12, 01:04 AM
Very nice...i could also see my self using this...when it says "fortitude save" when is the dc

Ty

Good question. The DC's are the only part I struggled with in this class. Any suggestions from anyone?

Oh and Storm Thorn? I'm considering adding in your piercing shot ability, a way to subvert fighters armour class might be a good idea. I might also make a magical version upgrade that pierces defenses like arrow shields and other magical arrow stoppers. Hmmmmm. Any ideas?

Kellus
2009-06-12, 01:42 AM
Hm. I don't have time for a full review right now, but I'll cover the salient points.

The presentation looks good. You've put some effort into replicating the layout of most base classes. Make sure to specify the abilities as (Ex), (Su), or (Sp).

Knowledge (anatomy) isn't a skill. If you make a new skill, explain it and what it can be used for. Similarly, it's Knowledge (dungeoneering), not Knowledge (dungeon).

Ranged Sneak Attack: As long as the target cannot see the Sniper, he may make his Sneak Attack at range, please note the Sniper cannot activate his Sneak Attack ability in Melee. Even if the target is flatfooted, the Sniper cannot make a Sneak Attack if the Target has line of sight to the Sniper. This ability begins at +1d6 extra damage, and increases by 1D6 per every other level until +10D6 at seventeenth.

This doesn't make any sense, which sucks 'cause it's the base of the class. The wording is terrible, and I really don't understand how it works from reading it. Apparently you can't make the attack if the enemy has line of sight to you. Which means that you don't have line of sight to them either, so how are you making the attack? :smallconfused:

Also, you say they can make "his sneak attack", but he doesn't have a sneak attack ability. If you're giving sneak attack, explain or reference what the ability does. Also, try to cut down on extraneous capital letters such as +10D6, Sneak Attack, Sniper, and Target. None of those should be capitalized.

Relocate already exists as a use of the Hide skill. Maybe it would be better to grant a bonus to your Hide check when using it for that purpose? After all, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Distant Shot doesn't say whether it adds its range bonus to the range increment of the weapon or to the total range. This is a huge distinction, so be specific. Also, keep out metagame comments like "this makes him the best ranged attacker in the game" and whatnot, because it's unprofessional, as well as not true.

Sniper's Weapon: Plot-writing abilities really irk me, especially something like this that basically forces the character to use one specific weapon. That aside, the rules don't really make sense for it. Please trust me on this, you're far better off just making a new exotic weapon called the sniper's crossbow, and granting this class special options with it. There's a whole bunch of things wrong with this "class feature".

I feel like marked shot should improve, since +2 attack/+1 damage really isn't that good at higher levels.

Called Shot: How do you do this? As a standard action? What if you use it with, say, Manyshot? Can you target a different bodypart with each arrow? What if the target doesn't have legs? What if the enemy flies incorporeally like a ghost, is its movement rate halved when you hit its legs? These are questions that NEED to be answered in the ability, but which aren't. Take care when writing mechanics and answer questions before they need to be asked. The Fortititude save should also have a DC, presumable 10 + 1/2 the class level + your Dexterity modifier to keep it in line with other classes. This ability really needs to be explained in better detail.

Steady Hand: How much does the drug cost and weigh? Can you give it to someone else? Does it add to your attack roll or damage roll? What kind of bonus (presumable alchemic) is it? Do you make it, or just buy it? Can you use this ability when stripped of all equipment? These questions are one of the reasons why plot-writing abilities are a bad idea.

Unseen Death: Again, probably easier to specify how it changes the specific use of the Hide skill known as "sniping (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/hide.htm)".

Mechanical Precision: D&D has no facing rules, so "behind" an enemy makes no sense.

Undeath to Death: First, by definition all undead have "undiscernable anatomy", since they're immune to precision-based damage. Second, unless this ability has a supernatural source, it really doesn't make any sense for a mundane sniper. I mean, take for example a ghost. How are you going to sneak attack a ghost with a regular arrow? What "joints" are you going to shoot it at?

Assassin's Arrow: Is fine as long as you specify it's a death effect. Again, you need a DC. 10 + 1/2 class level + Dex mod probably works.

Divine Shot: This is actually a really cool ability. I like it a lot! However, when you say "once per creature per encounter", do you mean once per original target or once per new target? Needs to be explained further, like most of the class features.

Exceptional Reflexes: This ability makes no sense with the way ranged weapons work. When you say "each attack he is granted", what do you mean? Four attacks from his BAB? What if he uses Rapid Shot? And, does "within his visible range" mean it can exceed the range of the weapon? Does he take penalties for range increments with this ability? It's a cool idea, but needs to be refined and explained more thoroughly.

-=-

Overall, it's an interesting class. Fairly basic in concept, but basic can be good. If you want my honest opinion, I would make it a prestige class. Tell them they need, for example, +2d6 sneak attack, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (sniper's crossbow) [after you make it, of course], and Point Blank Shot or something. Then give them the ability to sneak attack at range and give them these other cool class features that have been refined further. But there's not really enough here to justify a base class, especially when there are already at least two (ranger and scout) base classes that specialize in archery.

I'd also advise you to take another look at the ranged combat rules in the SRD or PHB. Some of these abilities don't really work in conjunction with the way ranged combat functions. Try to get a better understanding of how ranged weapons work to begin with, and make new rules that interact with them instead of just ignoring them. Also bear in mind that archery is ridiculously feat-intensive, so bonus feats may not be a bad idea (similar to what the scout gets).

Definitely needs some work, but a good idea! Good luck touching it up! :smallsmile:

EDIT: I just looked through some of your other stuff, and saw that you haven't done too much homebrewing. Please don't think I'm being ridiculously cruel, I'm just trying to help make the class work. For more advice specifically on base class creation, check out this tutorial I wrote a little while ago. It contains a lot of the advice I gave above, and more besides. Good luck!

Base Class Creation Tutorial (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4935759)

-Baldur-
2009-06-12, 01:53 AM
Hm. I don't have time for a full review right now, but I'll cover the salient points.

The presentation looks good. You've put some effort into replicating the layout of most base classes. Make sure to specify the abilities as (Ex), (Su), or (Sp).

Knowledge (anatomy) isn't a skill. If you make a new skill, explain it and what it can be used for. Similarly, it's Knowledge (dungeoneering), not Knowledge (dungeon).

This doesn't make any sense, which sucks 'cause it's the base of the class. The wording is terrible, and I really don't understand how it works from reading it. Apparently you can't make the attack if the enemy has line of sight to you. Which means that you don't have line of sight to them either, so how are you making the attack? :smallconfused:

Also, you say they can make "his sneak attack", but he doesn't have a sneak attack ability. If you're giving sneak attack, explain or reference what the ability does. Also, try to cut down on extraneous capital letters such as +10D6, Sneak Attack, Sniper, and Target. None of those should be capitalized.

Relocate already exists as a use of the Hide skill. Maybe it would be better to grant a bonus to your Hide check when using it for that purpose? After all, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Distant Shot doesn't say whether it adds its range bonus to the range increment of the weapon or to the total range. This is a huge distinction, so be specific. Also, keep out metagame comments like "this makes him the best ranged attacker in the game" and whatnot, because it's unprofessional, as well as not true.

Sniper's Weapon: Plot-writing abilities really irk me, especially something like this that basically forces the character to use one specific weapon. That aside, the rules don't really make sense for it. Please trust me on this, you're far better off just making a new exotic weapon called the sniper's crossbow, and granting this class special options with it. There's a whole bunch of things wrong with this "class feature".

I feel like marked shot should improve, since +2 attack/+1 damage really isn't that good at higher levels.

Called Shot: How do you do this? As a standard action? What if you use it with, say, Manyshot? Can you target a different bodypart with each arrow? What if the target doesn't have legs? What if the enemy flies incorporeally like a ghost, is its movement rate halved when you hit its legs? These are questions that NEED to be answered in the ability, but which aren't. Take care when writing mechanics and answer questions before they need to be asked. The Fortititude save should also have a DC, presumable 10 + 1/2 the class level + your Dexterity modifier to keep it in line with other classes. This ability really needs to be explained in better detail.

Steady Hand: How much does the drug cost and weigh? Can you give it to someone else? Does it add to your attack roll or damage roll? What kind of bonus (presumable alchemic) is it? Do you make it, or just buy it? Can you use this ability when stripped of all equipment? These questions are one of the reasons why plot-writing abilities are a bad idea.

Unseen Death: Again, probably easier to specify how it changes the specific use of the Hide skill known as "sniping (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/hide.htm)".

Mechanical Precision: D&D has no facing rules, so "behind" an enemy makes no sense.

Undeath to Death: First, by definition all undead have "undiscernable anatomy", since they're immune to precision-based damage. Second, unless this ability has a supernatural source, it really doesn't make any sense for a mundane sniper. I mean, take for example a ghost. How are you going to sneak attack a ghost with a regular arrow? What "joints" are you going to shoot it at?

Assassin's Arrow: Is fine as long as you specify it's a death effect. Again, you need a DC. 10 + 1/2 class level + Dex mod probably works.

Divine Shot: This is actually a really cool ability. I like it a lot! However, when you say "once per creature per encounter", do you mean once per original target or once per new target? Needs to be explained further, like most of the class features.

Exceptional Reflexes: This ability makes no sense with the way ranged weapons work. When you say "each attack he is granted", what do you mean? Four attacks from his BAB? What if he uses Rapid Shot? And, does "within his visible range" mean it can exceed the range of the weapon? Does he take penalties for range increments with this ability? It's a cool idea, but needs to be refined and explained more thoroughly.

-=-

Overall, it's an interesting class. Fairly basic in concept, but basic can be good. If you want my honest opinion, I would make it a prestige class. Tell them they need, for example, +2d6 sneak attack, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (sniper's crossbow) [after you make it, of course], and Point Blank Shot or something. Then give them the ability to sneak attack at range and give them these other cool class features that have been refined further. But there's not really enough here to justify a base class, especially when there are already at least two (ranger and scout) base classes that specialize in archery.

I'd also advise you to take another look at the ranged combat rules in the SRD or PHB. Some of these abilities don't really work in conjunction with the way ranged combat functions. Try to get a better understanding of how ranged weapons work to begin with, and make new rules that interact with them instead of just ignoring them. Also bear in mind that archery is ridiculously feat-intensive, so bonus feats may not be a bad idea (similar to what the scout gets).

Definitely needs some work, but a good idea! Good luck touching it up! :smallsmile:

EDIT: I just looked through some of your other stuff, and saw that you haven't done too much homebrewing. Please don't think I'm being ridiculously cruel, I'm just trying to help make the class work. For more advice specifically on base class creation, check out this tutorial I wrote a little while ago. It contains a lot of the advice I gave above, and more besides. Good luck!

Base Class Creation Tutorial (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4935759)

That.....was an insanely excellent review. I like the base class idea though, but based on your notes I'm going to change almost every single ability, reword a LOT because you're right, I did word some of those abilities TERRIBLY. And then I'm going to add in even more abilities that will warrant this class being a base class. Thanks for a brilliant set of ideas. They will improve the character greatly.

-Baldur-
2009-06-12, 10:59 PM

^^Not at all. In fact your review is causing my overhaul of the class. New abilities, re-wording, additions. That's what PEACH is for. Feel free to stick around and see what happens :-)

I intend on sticking with this and making it a very effective base class.

Kellus
2009-06-13, 01:11 AM
Hey, no worries! If you have any questions about balance or ideas, I'd be more than happy to help! :smallsmile:

Kingreaper
2009-06-13, 08:19 PM
I'm gonna write up the abilities as I would envision them within the rules, hope this helps. Obviously, you can feel free to disregard my thoughts.

Pinpoint Strike*: The sniper may make a pinpoint strike, using a ranged weapon, against any opponent from which he is currently hidden (any opponent that doesn't know what square he is currently in),** granting 1d6 extra damage at 1st level and increasing by 1d6 every odd level to a maximum of 10d6 at level 19***
Note: The damage dice from this ability count as sneak attack dice when qualifying for prestige classes or ambush feats.

*As this ability is not the same as sneak attack, like Sudden Strike and Skirmish, it needs a different name.
**I don't know if you intended this to work if he has complete concealment, but they know which square he's in. I assumed not, as the ability is quite powerful anyway.
***10d6 at 17 was a minor math error, it increases by 2d6 between 7th and 9th on your table

Relocate: A sniper who makes a ranged attack and then moves may attempt to hide as a swift action. They take a -5* penalty on this hide check. They may only use this ability if they are at least 20 feet away from their enemy**

*Increase or decrease as you see fit. I think a penalty is fitting, at least at lower levels.
**Okay, I admit, I just added this because I think it fits. 10 feet is the limit for the normal use of the skill, but for this use, a bigger penalty within 30ft would be good also.

Distant Shot: At 2nd level and every even level thereafter a sniper learns to increase their accuracy at larger ranges. The range increment of all projectile weapons they wield increases by +20 per 2 levels (up to +200 at level 20) that of light thrown weapons increases by +10 (up to +100) and that of heavy thrown weapons by +5 (up to +50)

A throwing axe will never have an increment of 200, no matter who's throwing it. Unless they're the Hulk.

Sniper Weapon: A sniper may focus with one type of ranged weapon.* The options are crossbows, bows, or thrown weapons (including slings)
If the sniper focuses on crossbows they gain +2 on attack rolls while prone, and using a crossbow; through the use of a specialist sight. They also gain the benefits of the rapid reload feat with all crossbows; and can reload repeating crossbows they are proficient with as a move action.
If the sniper focuses on bows they can spend a full round action to prepare a shot, if their next action is an attack they get a +4 bonus to their attack roll and may add double their strength modifer (or double the bows maximum strength modifier, whichever is lower) to the damage roll.**
If the sniper focuses on thrown weapons they can add 5ft multiplied by their strength modifier to the range increment for thrown weapons.

Note: I would suggest swapping this with Relocate personally.

*I thought this change might work better, but keep your crossbow version reasonably close to intended.
**If they successfully snipe, that's generally not much, but if they don't it may be quite important. Also good if they crit.

I'll leave it there for now, see what you think. Also: Consider granting Precise Shot as a bonus feat. Point-blank would be a wasted feat, so it's hard for a sniper to get otherwise, and that -4 stings.

-Baldur-
2009-10-21, 08:22 PM
I'm gonna write up the abilities as I would envision them within the rules, hope this helps. Obviously, you can feel free to disregard my thoughts.

Pinpoint Strike*: The sniper may make a pinpoint strike, using a ranged weapon, against any opponent from which he is currently hidden (any opponent that doesn't know what square he is currently in),** granting 1d6 extra damage at 1st level and increasing by 1d6 every odd level to a maximum of 10d6 at level 19***
Note: The damage dice from this ability count as sneak attack dice when qualifying for prestige classes or ambush feats.

*As this ability is not the same as sneak attack, like Sudden Strike and Skirmish, it needs a different name.
**I don't know if you intended this to work if he has complete concealment, but they know which square he's in. I assumed not, as the ability is quite powerful anyway.
***10d6 at 17 was a minor math error, it increases by 2d6 between 7th and 9th on your table

Relocate: A sniper who makes a ranged attack and then moves may attempt to hide as a swift action. They take a -5* penalty on this hide check. They may only use this ability if they are at least 20 feet away from their enemy**

*Increase or decrease as you see fit. I think a penalty is fitting, at least at lower levels.
**Okay, I admit, I just added this because I think it fits. 10 feet is the limit for the normal use of the skill, but for this use, a bigger penalty within 30ft would be good also.

Distant Shot: At 2nd level and every even level thereafter a sniper learns to increase their accuracy at larger ranges. The range increment of all projectile weapons they wield increases by +20 per 2 levels (up to +200 at level 20) that of light thrown weapons increases by +10 (up to +100) and that of heavy thrown weapons by +5 (up to +50)

A throwing axe will never have an increment of 200, no matter who's throwing it. Unless they're the Hulk.

Sniper Weapon: A sniper may focus with one type of ranged weapon.* The options are crossbows, bows, or thrown weapons (including slings)
If the sniper focuses on crossbows they gain +2 on attack rolls while prone, and using a crossbow; through the use of a specialist sight. They also gain the benefits of the rapid reload feat with all crossbows; and can reload repeating crossbows they are proficient with as a move action.
If the sniper focuses on bows they can spend a full round action to prepare a shot, if their next action is an attack they get a +4 bonus to their attack roll and may add double their strength modifer (or double the bows maximum strength modifier, whichever is lower) to the damage roll.**
If the sniper focuses on thrown weapons they can add 5ft multiplied by their strength modifier to the range increment for thrown weapons.

Note: I would suggest swapping this with Relocate personally.

*I thought this change might work better, but keep your crossbow version reasonably close to intended.
**If they successfully snipe, that's generally not much, but if they don't it may be quite important. Also good if they crit.

I'll leave it there for now, see what you think. Also: Consider granting Precise Shot as a bonus feat. Point-blank would be a wasted feat, so it's hard for a sniper to get otherwise, and that -4 stings.

Wow....Just wow. lol I'll have to spend time and go over this and get a proper look. But yet another amazing review. Thanks!