PDA

View Full Version : Class suggestions for a pistoleer

Piedmon_Sama
2009-06-11, 09:25 PM
------Just in case you're still reading this forum, Rakuguren, this is SECRET DM STUFF and you need to AVERT THINE EYES.
---------------

So for this campaign of mine, we're approaching a point in the not-too-distant future where the PCs will reach the vaunted double-digits in experience levels. They are finally going to become major players in this campaign setting, which means they will have people to boss around.

I've been working on a few PC-classed NPCs (a rare thing in this low-magic, low-power setting) who will represent elite mercenaries that the PCs can hire. I want one of them to be a Gnome pistoleer. You see, Gnomes in this setting are travelers from another world who settled down a little over 100 years ago and introduced steampunk tech and advanced firearms to the setting. So with an eye to giving this NPC a cowgirl/gunfighter kind of gimmick, I'm not sure what kind of class suits her best. Starting in Fighter seems like a safe start, but are there any Prestige Classes that would go well with her homebrewed weapon choice? TIA for any advice/ideas.

Trodon
2009-06-11, 09:26 PM
a ranger maybe?

Trodon
2009-06-11, 09:27 PM
but you could use both two weapon fighting if your going to use 2 pistols and archery for the ranged feats

Random NPC
2009-06-11, 10:08 PM
------Just in case you're still reading this forum, Rakuguren, this is SECRET DM STUFF and you need to AVERT THINE EYES.
---------------

So for this campaign of mine, we're approaching a point in the not-too-distant future where the PCs will reach the vaunted double-digits in experience levels. They are finally going to become major players in this campaign setting, which means they will have people to boss around.

I've been working on a few PC-classed NPCs (a rare thing in this low-magic, low-power setting) who will represent elite mercenaries that the PCs can hire. I want one of them to be a Gnome pistoleer. You see, Gnomes in this setting are travelers from another world who settled down a little over 100 years ago and introduced steampunk tech and advanced firearms to the setting. So with an eye to giving this NPC a cowgirl/gunfighter kind of gimmick, I'm not sure what kind of class suits her best. Starting in Fighter seems like a safe start, but are there any Prestige Classes that would go well with her homebrewed weapon choice? TIA for any advice/ideas.

Protection from Ninjas!

Try reading this thread :smallwink: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99529)

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-11, 11:57 PM
Scout. Run&Gun like no other.

Rogue or Rogue/Assassin also works, especially if you name him Edward d'Eath.