PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Cast: TF2 Actors

Otogi
2009-06-11, 10:53 PM
So who do you think would be the best actors to play the classes? I can't decide, really, except for maybe Hugh Jackman as the Sniper. Any ideas?

Darth Mario
2009-06-11, 11:29 PM
Vince Offer is obviously the Scout.

chiasaur11
2009-06-11, 11:42 PM
Nathan Fillion as Red team.

Also, he's in consideration for blue team.

Alternatively, it could be animated and have the standard cast. That might work better.

Ravens_cry
2009-06-12, 12:47 AM
Alternatively, it could be animated and have the standard cast. That might work better.
Affirmative. A lot of the charm was it's cartoonishness. Trying to do that live action would be silly, but in a bad way. The voices were great, the designs were great, I agree, just animate the sucker. Heck, the engine is so good they could probably Machinima the whole thing, and still look better then the Clone Wars movie.

SolkaTruesilver
2009-06-12, 01:07 AM
Lambert Wilson for the Spy

Verruckt
2009-06-12, 01:23 AM
The Heavy is Ron Perlman in a muscle suit.

No one is allowed a way to play the Soldier until we figure out a way to resurrect George C. Scott.

I can see Alan Rickman as the Doctor perhaps.

SolkaTruesilver
2009-06-12, 02:54 AM
No one is allowed a way to play the Soldier until we figure out a way to resurrect George C. Scott.

I am sorry, but Bruce Willis is perfectly cut out to be the soldier. I just can see him having a lot of fun playing the crazynut toughie.

Verruckt
2009-06-12, 02:58 AM
I am sorry, but Bruce Willis is perfectly cut out to be the soldier. I just can see him having a lot of fun playing the crazynut toughie.

But... but... He'll see the big board... And George C. Scott was Hannibal in a past life!

SolkaTruesilver
2009-06-12, 03:24 AM
But... but... He'll see the big board... And George C. Scott was Hannibal in a past life!

I am sorry, but I prefer the characters played by someone who is living, moving and acting.

hum.. wait a minute...

*checks Bruce Willis*

I mean, I prefer the characters played by someone who is living, moving and acting

Nevrmore
2009-06-12, 07:59 AM
If they did a TF2 movie that wasn't just made using the engine from the game it'd be guaranteed to suck.

SolkaTruesilver
2009-06-12, 08:10 AM
If they did a TF2 movie that wasn't just made using the engine from the game it'd be guaranteed to suck.

Nevrmore, you of all people should appreciate the lol-potential of actors in Team Fortress garb and storyline :smallbiggrin:

(on a passing note, still haunting DomDeeg's forum? I haven't been there in ages)

Rutskarn
2009-06-12, 12:14 PM

Agreed.

It'd be a lot like Street Fighter, actually. A bunch of colorful, stylized characters that, when transferred to the big screen, look patently ridiculous.

Besides, if they didn't have the original voice actors, I'd have to choke a biz-zi-zi-natch.

Drakyn
2009-06-12, 12:23 PM
TF2 is already the most violent Pixar movie ever played. It just relies heavily on audience participation :smallbiggrin:

FoE
2009-06-12, 12:26 PM
What's this obsession with making cartoons/video games into live action movies?

chiasaur11
2009-06-12, 12:41 PM
What's this obsession with making cartoons/video games into live action movies?

I blame Cthulhu.

FoE
2009-06-12, 01:04 PM
I blame Cthulhu.

That's why I'm voting for Dagon as president. I don't like his fish/human hybridization policy, but I'm all for immortality and shinies.

KnightDisciple
2009-06-12, 01:07 PM
Heavy Weapons Guy already has an actor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgEnN2PFzo). (He just needs a shave.)
So does the Scout. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7QIcxoJU4g&feature=related)

chiasaur11
2009-06-12, 01:29 PM
That's why I'm voting for Dagon as president. I don't like his fish/human hybridization policy, but I'm all for immortality and shinies.

Nothing wrong with that guy, don't get me wrong. Not sure if it'll do as much good as he promises, but his hideous betentecled heart equivalent seems to be in the right place.

Still, I'm voting Doomguy, on the Rip 'n tear platform. Man is a skilled communicator.

Drakyn
2009-06-12, 02:28 PM
Nothing wrong with that guy, don't get me wrong. Not sure if it'll do as much good as he promises, but his hideous betentecled heart equivalent seems to be in the right place.

Still, I'm voting Doomguy, on the Rip 'n tear platform. Man is a skilled communicator.

Pfft, that's just his speechwriting chainsaw. You want the guy that communicates, get him. Besides, Doomguy's past history of statements against radioactive waste will be viciously targetted by his opposition.

chiasaur11
2009-06-12, 02:37 PM
Pfft, that's just his speechwriting chainsaw. You want the guy that communicates, get him. Besides, Doomguy's past history of statements against radioactive waste will be viciously targetted by his opposition.

He's been shown to be a solid communicator by himself, or do you forget his legendary first debates with the cyberdemon? Even in the first debate, we saw potential. In fact, his hiring of the chainsaw just shows his eye for natural talent.

And he's in favor of weapons research, he just thinks caution should be invoked when it comes to disposal of the waste produced. A reasonable position, that has been exaggerated by his opponents into (laughably) an anti war stance.

I note not one of those critics commented on his endorsement of the fusion pack.

FoE
2009-06-12, 02:40 PM
Bah! Doomguy is nothing but a puppet of the BFG lobby. And don't forget his history of berserker pack abuse!

chiasaur11
2009-06-12, 02:56 PM
Bah! Doomguy is nothing but a puppet of the BFG lobby. And don't forget his history of berserker pack abuse!

He developed that Berzerker pack addiction in the line of duty!

Where was your Dagon when the forces of hell invaded, eh?

Oh, right. SLEEPING.

(And Doom T Marine only endorses the BFG because it works. If that gets him accused of favoritism, so be it.)

Faulty
2009-06-12, 02:57 PM
Robin Williams as all the members of both teams at the same time.

Drakyn
2009-06-12, 02:59 PM
Doomguy realized when his berzerker pack addiction was leading him down a road to bloody destruction, and was not too proud to admit that he needed help. BFG help.

However, there is one stance of his that I cannot endorse: that a weapon should only be respected, or even tolerated, insofar as a superior one is available. This is most devastatingly highlighted in his casual and ungentlemanly discardation of his noble, selfless shotgun for the "harder, edgier" appeal of the chaingun, shamelessly playing to the baser instincts of the masses. Although I agree with Doomguy on many positions, this dishonesty is something I cannot RAAARGH HATES FREEDOM RAAARGH WAAARGH BLAAAGH!

Ow. Political rhetoric got stuck in my throat.

Verruckt
2009-06-12, 03:11 PM
I've seen many a thread derailment in my day, but few so epic.

I have been and will always be a staunch supporter of the Dagon/Yog-Sothoth ticket, but I have to say that Doomguy has really been impressing me of late. His selection of the relatively unknown Freeman as a running mate was a gamble to be sure, but the Cyberdemon debate was amazing.

It takes real courage to face an opponent like CD, and not only did Doomguy do it, but he had the amazing courage to face that He Was the Demons, a catchy campaign slogan if ever I've heard one.

chiasaur11
2009-06-12, 03:19 PM
I've seen many a thread derailment in my day, but few so epic.

I have been and will always be a staunch supporter of the Dagon/Yog-Sothoth ticket, but I have to say that Doomguy has really been impressing me of late. His selection of the relatively unknown Freeman as a running mate was a gamble to be sure, but the Cyberdemon debate was amazing.

It takes real courage to face an opponent like CD, and not only did Doomguy do it, but he had the amazing courage to face that He Was the Demons, a catchy campaign slogan if ever I've heard one.

Darn right.

Man saw his opponents pulling the ancient evil card, and dang if he didn't match it.

John Freeman was an excellent pick for running mate. And John's brother Gordon as a science advisor was a good decision. Nice to see the UAC incident didn't sour him on portal research

FoE
2009-06-12, 03:50 PM
John Freeman was an excellent pick for running mate. And John's brother Gordon as a science advisor was a good decision. Nice to see the UAC incident didn't sour him on portal research

I found John Freeman was a questionable choice for running mate. Have you heard some of his speeches?

"It's time to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemies!"

What the hell does that even mean?

And his war record is pretty spotty; when questioned about it, all he can do is mention some vague 'final boss' that he thought.

As for Gordon Freeman, don't get me started on that guy. What's his Phd in, 'clubbing zombies with crowbars'?

We need a strong leader if Earth is ever going to defeat the coalition between the Covenant and the Ogdru Jahad!

Why choose the lesser of two evils? Vote Dagon/Yog-Sohoth!

Verruckt
2009-06-12, 04:17 PM
I found John Freeman was a questionable choice for running mate. Have you heard some of his speeches?

"It's time to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemies!"

What the hell does that even mean?

And his war record is pretty spotty; when questioned about it, all he can do is mention some vague 'final boss' that he thought.

As for Gordon Freeman, don't get me started on that guy. What's his Phd in, 'clubbing zombies with crowbars'?

We need a strong leader if Earth is ever going to defeat the coalition between the Covenant and the Ogdru Jahad!

Why choose the lesser of two evils? Vote Dagon/Yog-Sohoth!

Look, Gordon's theoretical physics degree is in no way diminished by his ability to almost single-handedly dismantle a world government with a crowbar and a handgun. As to John, I feel a certain deep resonance with his promise to make The 7 Dragons in the Dark face up to Full Life Consequences!

Otogi
2009-06-12, 08:02 PM
Fantastic, I got a lot of great ideas! First some real actors...and then everyone says it's a terrible idea...then the thread switches to being about old one presidents...then another vs. thread.

Yeah, great ideas :smallannoyed:

Drakyn
2009-06-12, 09:35 PM
If it makes you feel better, I think Natalie Portman would make a terrific heavy weapons guy.

Ravens_cry
2009-06-12, 09:54 PM
Fantastic, I got a lot of great ideas! First some real actors...and then everyone says it's a terrible idea...then the thread switches to being about old one presidents...then another vs. thread.

Yeah, great ideas :smallannoyed:
They are cartoons, and they already have actors. So why choose any different (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210335/)?

chiasaur11
2009-06-12, 10:04 PM
They are cartoons, and they already have actors. So why choose any different (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210335/)?

So, back on topic.

I hear Doom Guy is considering Durandal for Homeland Security.

I'm not sure about that. I mean, I know the nominee has aided humanity repeatedly, but there could be conflicts of interest, considering he runs the free S'pht. Combine that with repeated insulting of humanity, and we have a problem.

Verruckt
2009-06-12, 10:49 PM
So, back on topic.

I hear Doom Guy is considering Durandal for Homeland Security.

I'm not sure about that. I mean, I know the nominee has aided humanity repeatedly, but there could be conflicts of interest, considering he runs the free S'pht. Combine that with repeated insulting of humanity, and we have a problem.

I'm just glad there's an AI on the ticket, it's about time. Durandal has shown to be reliable and thoughtful, at least in comparison to some of the stuff we saw with last election's nightmarish run of SHODAN on the Militant Transhumanist party.

FoE
2009-06-12, 10:53 PM
Good news! The Dagon/Yog-Sothoth ticket just got an endorsement from the outgoing incumbent, Emperor President Palpatine! We just jumped five points ahead in the polls!

With the support of the Sith behind us, I know we'll be able to catch the battle droid vote.

And shocking news! Enterprising reporter Lois Lane has just uncovered evidence of zombie goasts who were evicted from their home by running mate Gordon Freeman! That's sure to inflame the headcrab lobby.

chiasaur11
2009-06-12, 11:10 PM
I'm just glad there's an AI on the ticket, it's about time. Durandal has shown to be reliable and thoughtful, at least in comparison to some of the stuff we saw with last election's nightmarish run of SHODAN on the Militant Transhumanist party.

Hey, Durandal's a fine individual (not just saying that because he could kill me now from orbit.) Just worried that stories of conflict of interest might make tough decisions a little tougher.

Also: We still haven't given headcrabs a vote. Trying to cheat by latching onto people's heads lost them popular support. In fact, Freeman could crowbar them all day long and it wouldn't affect the polls any more than President Max nuking Krypton.

FoE
2009-06-12, 11:33 PM
Also: We still haven't given headcrabs a vote. Trying to cheat by latching onto people's heads lost them popular support. In fact, Freeman could crowbar them all day long and it wouldn't affect the polls any more than President Max nuking Krypton.

True, but their campaign contributions are through the roof. And even though they're a minority, their numbers are growing every day! Pretty soon Congress will have no choice but to allow headcrabs the vote.

Most likely because they'll have been taken over by headcrabs.

Incidentally, Dagon has announced that he'll appoint GLaDOS for science advisor.

Ravens_cry
2009-06-12, 11:43 PM
Duke Nukem for President! He's like the Governator, only American. Unless Fiction is another country. . . .:smallconfused:

chiasaur11
2009-06-12, 11:49 PM
True, but their campaign contributions are through the roof. And even though they're a minority, their numbers are growing every day! Pretty soon Congress will have no choice but to allow headcrabs the vote.

Most likely because they'll have been taken over by headcrabs.

Incidentally, Dagon has announced that he'll appoint GLaDOS for science advisor.

See, John and Gordon Freeman have been preventing that. Electing them guarantees a headcrab, well, free isn't the right term, less headcrabby society.

GLaDOS for science advisor? Well, this confirms my views on Dagon/Yog-Saggoth being a perfectly acceptable, but second rate option. GLaDOS is often brilliant, but seriously unstable. I have no doubt there will be great strides in science, but I fear that the take a wish foundation will absorb too much of GLaDOS's time. Good pick, but not the best pick.

Or the most marketable one, with the recent upswing in the popularity of cookies and pies.

SolkaTruesilver
2009-06-13, 02:29 AM
I hope they will pick a proper Ambassador to the U.N. this time. Hyptnotoad made qui a mess of the place last time.

Verruckt
2009-06-13, 03:58 AM
Duke Nukem for President! He's like the Governator, only American. Unless Fiction is another country. . . .:smallconfused:

Oh please, Duke's been talking about running for going on eleven years now. We've heard a lot from his camp, and he has a group of die hard supporters to be sure, but so far it's just been sound and fury, signifying vaporware.

Otogi
2009-06-13, 05:29 AM

It was hypothetical, an idea, it was for fun. Isn't that what these fourms are about? Discussing your something in the media that you like/hate and getting some answer about it?

EDIT: Nvm

chiasaur11
2009-06-13, 01:21 PM
I hope they will pick a proper Ambassador to the U.N. this time. Hyptnotoad made qui a mess of the place last time.

Hypnotoad was fine. Sure we could use stability now, but he messed things up for the best. Just up to the next guy to pick up the pieces.