PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 months away

Burley
2009-06-12, 09:12 AM
So, obviously the thread title is a little off, if you know how to correctly pronounce the game title... But, I digress.

Let's discuss people! There's so much new info out.
Gears: how do you feel about them?
Multi-player: You can BE Donald and Goofy! I forsee unlockables, too...
Moogles: New items synthesis is a must, since gears are the only equipment we'll get. Also, Moogles also wear black robes. I know why... do you?

Plus, we might as well jump onto Birth by Sleep. Test those crazy theories under The Playgrounds scrupulous, yet sensually loving eye.
I myself am positive that Xehanort's Apprentice (in the BbS teaser) is the Xehanort who usurped Ansem's good name. Crazy? Wait till you read my proof!

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-12, 10:09 AM
I'm not discussing anything with 358/2 Days; I don't want to spoil Xion's origin.

Burley
2009-06-12, 10:25 AM
I'm not discussing anything with 358/2 Days; I don't want to spoil Xion's origin.

I know. I figured it out by accident, and now I'm fighting back the urge to blurb it to all my friends...

But, please... Discuss something! I need my fix. I'm getting anxious. I'm giddy.

Dihan
2009-06-12, 12:50 PM
*Fanboys over Zexion*

:smallbiggrin:

Jibar
2009-06-12, 01:05 PM
*fanboys over Vexen*

Wait, is he in this apart from the multiplayer?
Eh. Who cares.
*Vexen glee*

Still a little miffed that the title Final Mix+ hyped us up for is PSP exclusive though.

Drascin
2009-06-12, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty curious, and want to try it. But I'm totally out of the loop with regards to latest manuals (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllThereInTheManual), so I can't help you with the speculating :smallwink:.

Rockphed
2009-06-12, 01:15 PM
Indeed. Is there some place on the internet those noobs in the audience could look to provide prologue and background for this thread?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-12, 01:22 PM
Kingdom Hearts wiki would work well, just look out for anything you're not willing to have spoiled.

Here's the article for the series itself, you can build off that. (http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts)

Oregano
2009-06-12, 01:46 PM
I want to be the King.;)

Ahh, the game looks awesome anyhow. DS FTW!

Burley
2009-06-12, 03:02 PM
Yeah... There is so much to look forward to.
Here's some big things for people who don't know. Possible Spoilers for already released games.

358/2 takes place from Sora becoming a Heartless in KH1 to Roxas being caught by Riku KH2.
There is a 14th member of the organization: Xion. She's special because, while all Nobodies have a somebody, she does not. Even as far as nobodies go, she is not supposed to exist. However... She wields a keyblade.
Keep an eye on the names of characters, as well. Everybody caught onto the whole "Take out the X and its an anagram for their original name" thing. Xion's original name would be "No I."
Xehanorts is "No Heart," "Another," and "No Earth." There is so much speculative goodness to just those three things.
Birth By Sleep takes place ten years before KH1 starts.
If you watch the video at the end of KH2:FM+, you see that one of the three armored nights, named Ventus, looks exactly like Roxas.
The Knights names and Latin translations are: Ventus (Wind), Terra (Earth) and Aqua (Water).
Sora is Japanese for "air," Riku is "earth," and Kairi (kai) is "ocean." Ooo... goosebumps.

Those are the big things to look at. The Big things.

Also, for those of me who don't have a PSP, they are releasing a PSP3000 bundle in August(?). Comes with Dissidia, Advent Children UMD, and a 2gig memory stick, for $200. Pretty decent deal. I already preordered mine from work.:smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-12, 03:10 PM
There is a 14th member of the organization: Xion. She's special because, while all Nobodies have a somebody, she does not. Even as far as nobodies go, she is not supposed to exist.

Well, to that I say:
THIS IS A 358/2 SPOILER, NOT FOR ANY OF THE OTHER GAMES, 358/2 ONLY! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
She's not a Nobody, she's
a replica created from Sora's memories.

Jamin
2009-06-12, 03:50 PM
If you have not played the other kingdom hearts (no PlayStation) could you still play this game and know what is going on.

Drascin
2009-06-12, 03:57 PM
If you have not played the other kingdom hearts (no PlayStation) could you still play this game and know what is going on.

Honestly? Chances are slim. You'll undoubtedly get a fair bit of it, but you'll spend a bit of time going "wait, who was that guy? Why is he doing that?". You might still enjoy it, though - the rest of the games at least had very fun combat, so if it's anything like them this one will, too.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-12, 04:05 PM
From what I've seen of gameplay, it looks fairly close to the original; not completely different like (the awesome) Chain of Memories was.

And yeah, skipping the other games will definitely leave you confused here.

Also, using math, I have discovered that the proper title of this thread is:

Kingdom Hearts: 179 months away

which scares me

Burley
2009-06-15, 06:36 AM
It might as well be that far away.
We finally got the box art in my store, and I geek out on it all the time. I want it so bad.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-15, 06:57 AM
I preordered it. While I was there, I showed I'm more knowledgeable about Pokmeon HeartGold and SoulSilver than the clerk. Of course, this was the day after it was announced, so....

But yeah, I'm sad, because its coming out after school starts again.

Burley
2009-06-19, 07:34 AM
Oh, man. I woke up this morning and had an epiphany!
The whole merging between Roxas and Sora thing was always always my explanation for why Sora gets the ability to dual wield. And, since Roxas can do it, but the Organization doesn't know that he can (Remember when Roxas first pulls out Oathkeeper and Oblivian, his best friend Axel says "Huh, two?"), something crazy must have happened.
Sora can't wake up because Roxas has Sora's memories, but...Roxas has no memories, however...Xion is made of Sora's memories, which means Roxas and Xion will eventually merge, just like Sora and Roxas did.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-19, 09:37 AM
Xion is made of Sora's memories, which means Roxas and Xion will eventually merge, just like Sora and Roxas did.

Are you sure you didn't just read a plot spoiler?

Burley
2009-06-19, 12:05 PM
I read the part that you posted already. I did it by accident, and was all "Oh Noez!" I have only been to one page since then that's related to KH358/2D, and that's the page about gears. I've been waiting to see more about them, but to no avail.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-06-19, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I was reading the wiki, and accidentally got spoiled. I tried to ignore it, but eventually I just got tired of it and just read what I wanted.