PDA

View Full Version : Premade Adventure Suggestions?

Jastermereel
2009-06-12, 02:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew what adventure/setting books people could recommend that include one or more of the following themes/events:

Encounters and interactions with a thieves's guild
Plagues and quarantines
A prisonbreak

I'm going to be taking the reins of my group of friend's D&D 3.5 campaign. I've dabbled in DMing before with short silly arcs when the DM needed to actually work on his PHD, but now I'll be in charge for the foreseeable future.

We've previously stuck to a home-brew setting, but, as this was our first time playing, it lead to generally unfocused storytelling and, consequently, unfocused gameplay. As a result I'm starting anew and working to string together a large arc for them based on pre-made adventures (including Kalamar's The Invasion Of Arun'Kid and, later, The Red Hand of Doom) that could be linked with home-made sections. I've got ideas on what might happen, but want to try modeling it off of ones already out there that have been tested and enjoyed by others, rather than risk making easily avoidable first time DM-mistakes and frustrating a group.

If anyone has any adventure suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Another_Poet
2009-06-12, 03:11 PM
Unfortunately I can think of no 3.5 adventures that meet all of those, but if you find one I want to play it!!

If you're starting at first level though, there is a free plague-themed adventure from WotC called The Burning Plague. Search through their the downloads section of their 3.5 edition section on their website (might take some digging) and download if you like.

Unfortunately that's all I've got for you.

Epinephrine
2009-06-12, 03:35 PM
Haven't played it, but I have heard about the Shackled City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shackled_City) adventure path. From the description, at least one segment involves a thieves' guild, and while it isn't quarantining a plague, an early chapter seems to be dealing with flooding. And it's not a prison break, per se, but there is a rescue mission involving getting a dwarf who is missing in the underdark (and has gone insane, and is viewed as a prophet by the koatoa who have captured him).

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-06-12, 03:43 PM
I've got all three of your requirements in one super adventure.

The Savage Tide.

The adventure starts off with a hunt for a missing brother, a battle against a thieves guild, and a super-disease that can and will affect the entire world. Near the end of the game, you have to rescue a friend from a demon run prison.

I've DMed this twice, but never all the way through. It's big, and I move a lot (I work for the Army). It's a very good adventure, IMHO.

Jastermereel
2009-06-12, 04:00 PM
I think I may have been misunderstood. A recommendation doesn't need ALL...just one. It doesn't even need to be the focus of the adventure, just enough to get a sense of how to get that sort of circumstance to work.

That said, thank you!
I like what I'm hearing thus far. The burning plague has exactly the sort of mechanic I was looking for. Tracking down the others looks like it'll be a bit trickier, but I've got time.

It looks like I'm going to have a lot of reading ahead of me in the months before I take the reins.