PDA

View Full Version : Where was Belkar Between #484 and #514???

OOTS_Supporter
2009-06-12, 03:54 PM
I can't figure this out. He doesn't know about the Resistance's secret door, and has apparently been hiding out in the city, but was present during the retrieval of the Air Freshener. He doesn't seem to know what they do with the slaves they free, but couldn't have traveled that far without the Mark of Justice activating.

Am I missing something here, or is it just obvious?

RMS Oceanic
2009-06-12, 03:58 PM
Maybe they got to the location in 514 from a different route, and Haley keeps the knowledge of secret doors on a need-to-know basis, in case someone is captured and interrogated.

Or he failed his spot check. It happens.

Ron Miel
2009-06-12, 04:47 PM
He's been with the Rebel Alliance (or is it the Sapphire Liberation Front) all along. The bit with the slaves was just tricking Haley into pulling the cart.

Silverraptor
2009-06-12, 05:08 PM
He has a WIS penalty. I think this explains everything.

shadzar
2009-06-12, 05:45 PM
If Belkar always traveled with the group then he wouldn't get his kind of "sneak attack".

Also the whole Mark of Justice preventing him form killing people, maybe he was just off playing with Mr. Scruffy until undead turned up where he COULD participate. :smallwink:

mockingbyrd7
2009-06-12, 05:59 PM
And we expect Belkar to pay attention because...?

Belkster11
2009-06-12, 06:12 PM
I agree.

Belkar's not gonna pay attention to anything that's not his sinking his blade into "soft, unyeilding flesh". He was obviously there for all of it, but he doesn't care.

:belkar:

Dagren
2009-06-12, 06:34 PM
Also the whole Mark of Justice preventing him form killing people, maybe he was just off playing with Mr. Scruffy until undead turned up where he COULD participate. :smallwink:Well I think the reason it was brought up was that he had to have been with the resistance due to the 1-mile clause. I would say that it's pretty obvious he was with them though, since nobody seemed surprised to see him (with the obvious exception of the wights).

shadzar
2009-06-12, 06:52 PM
Well I think the reason it was brought up was that he had to have been with the resistance due to the 1-mile clause. I would say that it's pretty obvious he was with them though, since nobody seemed surprised to see him (with the obvious exception of the wights).

Yeah, but Haley didn't drag Roy's corpse around everywhere so he could have been sitting near, but not too near to it.

Also Azure City doesn't seem to be over 1-mile in radius, so he could pretty much go anywhere in it he wanted for stealing things from empty houses and looting any other magic items, he may have hidden away any number of items that can help him with his type of fun that can still be had without killing thanks to all those abandoned houses. :smallbiggrin:

Then again Belkar does comment on someone looting and he doesn't get to when passing the music store that Elan got a new banjo from. So he was probably just off screwing around the whole time after all.

SPoD
2009-06-12, 07:10 PM
Belkar was hiding in the jug of pineapples when they went through the door the first time, so he didn't see it. Simple as that.

Dagren
2009-06-12, 07:54 PM
Yeah, but Haley didn't drag Roy's corpse around everywhere so he could have been sitting near, but not too near to it.I beg to differ. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0523.html) Haley obviously did take Roy with her on missions.

Also Azure City doesn't seem to be over 1-mile in radius, so he could pretty much go anywhere in it he wanted for stealing things from empty houses and looting any other magic items, he may have hidden away any number of items that can help him with his type of fun that can still be had without killing thanks to all those abandoned houses. :smallbiggrin:Again, I beg to differ. When they first split up, Belkar said that Roy got killed over 3 miles from the docks. at that point, they are obviously less than 1 mile from him, and they are inside the city. So the city must be at least 1 mile in radius.

Then again Belkar does comment on someone looting and he doesn't get to when passing the music store that Elan got a new banjo from. So he was probably just off screwing around the whole time after all.Now that I can get behind! :smallbiggrin:

DnDgeek13
2009-07-12, 04:00 AM
spot check failure.his wisdom sucks.

Belkster11
2009-07-12, 04:50 AM
Let's not forget that most of the time between 484 and 514 was spent with Roy in heaven.

Belkar was with Haley for the three months she conducted raids and stuff with the Azure Rebel Alliance.

Dalenthas
2009-07-12, 05:12 AM
Does it count as necromancy if there's a month between two posts?

NerfTW
2009-07-12, 08:40 AM
Let's not forget that most of the time between 484 and 514 was spent with Roy in heaven.

Belkar was with Haley for the three months she conducted raids and stuff with the Azure Rebel Alliance.

The question was rhetorical. If you'd read the first post, the thread was about why Belkar didn't know about the secret door or that they had been freeing slaves, not actually about where he was during those exact strips.

Of course, the obvious answer is that they hadn't been freeing slaves the whole time, and this raid was being planned for a long time.

Tass
2009-07-12, 02:52 PM
Also Azure City doesn't seem to be over 1-mile in radius

It has to be. Belkar was able to be on the walls of azure city, meaning that Roy died less than a mile from the walls, but Belkar estimates the docks as being three miles from Roy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0468.html). So there must be at least 2 miles from the walls to the docks.

Aaron
2009-07-13, 05:14 AM
Belkar was hiding in the jug of pineapples when they went through the door the first time, so he didn't see it. Simple as that.

Correct! Belkar was hiding in the jug, so he didn't know which secret door they came out of ( the Rebels have to have more than one secret door). It was probably their first time using that door also.

Or Belkar could have just not paid attention/failed his spot check (again). Maybe all of the above.:smallsmile: