PDA

View Full Version : The familiar's eyes change color

Gourtox
2009-06-12, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure if someone already said or asked this(stupid search).
In 659 they are white at the beginning, but change to purple at the end. Then at the beginning of 660 they are white again. When I first read the comic I didn't notice, but I was going back through and noticed it this time. Does anyone know why this is?

Cizak
2009-06-12, 04:49 PM
Well, since he's jsut hovering and saying "So beautiful, but I don't understand...", it's assumed he's hypnotised by the rift or something like that.

Advance Strat..
2009-06-12, 05:16 PM
Yeah, hypnosis seems like the obvious answer there, although I can't imagine how the rift would cause that just yet.

Dork Lord
2009-06-12, 05:32 PM
I swear Class Feature was about to cast an epic spell when it got distracted by the rift, which is why it's eyes were a different color. After all, V is really CF's familiar. That's my crackpot theory anyway. :smallwink:

Elderac
2009-06-12, 05:42 PM
It may also just be a reflection of the rift on Blackwing's eyes.

It will be interesting to see what changes the familiar might manifest in the future because of this. Perhaps it will be able to provide V with some crucial insight about the rift. Perhaps a sensitivity to the rift will enable him to help the Order find Gerard's Gate.

Of course, mesmerization by the weird energies/lights is also a distinct possibility and it may only have been the detonation of Explosive Ruins that saved the bird, even if he did take some damage.

Just a few random thoughts.

MickJay
2009-06-12, 05:48 PM
My first impression was that it was just a reflection, unrelated to the hypnotic effect. Remember the remark from Shojo's story? Snarl was unable to perceive the threads of creation because the idea of order was completely alien to it; perhaps Snarl itself is as alien to creatures made with those threads.

Wiffleboy
2009-06-12, 06:01 PM
Someone mentioned it in another thread about Ravens. Ravens have a facination with shiney objects. They also like to straigten out string or ribbons when making a nest and will spend a long time trying to unravel knots and tangles. So imagine the larget tangle of the most amazing shiny material a raven has ever seen. No wonder it thought it was beautiful.

Snails
2009-06-12, 06:07 PM
Yeah, hypnosis seems like the obvious answer there, although I can't imagine how the rift would cause that just yet.

I suspect that the Snarl has changed.

It could devour half of Azure City with a large rift like that, and Redcloak even expected as much. Yet no sign.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0545.html

Even the Twelve Gods may not understand how or why, at this point.

SadisticFishing
2009-06-12, 06:33 PM
It's only been 65 years. That's highly unlikely.

Dagren
2009-06-12, 07:00 PM
It's only been 65 years. That's highly unlikely.True, if it hadn't changed in over a thousand, 65 more years doesn't seem very long. That said, is it possible that it had already changed by the time the OotS (that's scribble) got to it? Mijung seemed fascinated by it, although to a lesser degree than Piņata.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-06-12, 07:21 PM
Someone mentioned it in another thread about Ravens. Ravens have a facination with shiney objects. They also like to straigten out string or ribbons when making a nest and will spend a long time trying to unravel knots and tangles. So imagine the larget tangle of the most amazing shiny material a raven has ever seen. No wonder it thought it was beautiful.

I agree. Blackwing, as a raven, saw the Snarl. OMG shiny so beautiful. But then, after seeing the original shiny tangle, Blackwing began to see the utter chaos, the raw threads of reality that these tangles represented; and continued to be fascinated by these greater, less understandable mysteries.

Morquard
2009-06-12, 07:22 PM
It's only been 65 years. That's highly unlikely.
Actually I think since the creation of the world, aka Snarls prison has been alot longer than 65 years.

Who knows what it has learned in that time. Yes the snarl was born out of chaos and the gods fighting etc, but that doesn't mean it has to stay like that forever.
It's said it didn't realise what the gods were doing since the concept of order was alien to it.
However I'm pretty sure it soon enough realised it was trapped and might have learned the concept of order in that time. Hell, the Snarl itself might have unraveled part of the threads holding the world together and created the rifts itself. To do that it had to understand.

So its quite possible the snarl is not the all-killing-chaos-monster anymore.
Yup it reached out and killed Soon's wife... maybe it was just stretching, testing long forgotten muscles and she was just in the way. Or after millenia's of imprisonment it was simply hungry or something.

SadisticFishing
2009-06-12, 07:37 PM
Also, the goblin. It still kills things around it. I believe Redcloak, being the most qualified person in the world, probably has the best hypothesis.

Dagren
2009-06-12, 08:12 PM
Actually I think since the creation of the world, aka Snarls prison has been alot longer than 65 years.He's talking about since Dorukan and co. sealed the rifts.

GSFB
2009-06-12, 11:07 PM
Was anyone else curious about the IFCC reaction to the raven being dazed?