2006-07-25, 08:47 PM
Hauptgeist
Size/Type: Large Undead (Incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 9d12 (60 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: Fly 40 ft. (8 squares) (Average)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +4 deflection), touch 15, flatfooted 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/–
Attack: Incorporeal Touch +6 melee (1d6)
Full Attack: Incorporeal Touch +6 melee (1d6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Curse of homebinding, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Undead traits, incorporeal traits, +1 turn resistance, housebond
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +7
Abilities: Str –, Dex 14, Con –, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 18
Skills: Intimidate +16, Listen +13, Spot +13
Feats: Ability Focus (Curse of Homebinding), Improved Initiative, Dodge, Mobility
Environment: Any house or permanent dwelling
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always True Neutral
Advancement: 10-13 HD (Large), 14-18 HD (Huge), 19-25 HD (Gargantuan)

Hauptgeists are gestalt undead born from an accumulation of souls that have died in a certain house. These souls band together to form an undead guardian for the house they died in. Hauptgeists are in appearance much like a man-shaped fog cloud, with faint humanoid features. The goal of a Hauptgeist is simple–kill those who seek to harm the house, or those it believes plan to destroy the house. It leaves alone any who prove their peaceful intentions to it. The power of a Hauptgeist is tied to its house. The Hauptgeist presented here is suitable for a guardian of a simple, one story house. A two or three level house generally has a Hauptgeist between 13 and 17 HD, while an elaborate mansion or palace might have a Hauptgeist of 20 HD or more.

Curse of Homebinding (Su)
Once per day per 2 HD, a Hauptgeist may attempt to bind a creature within 30 ft. of it to its house. If the creature fails a DC 20 Will save, it becomes incapable of exiting the house through any means, from simply walking out the door to teleportation and planeshifting. This ability ends at sunrise the day after it is used. Otherwise, only the remove curse spell and similar effects can end this ability. The save is Charisma based.

Spell-Like Abilities
At will–arcane lock, mage hand, obscuring mist, open/close; 3/day–magic mouth, major image (DC 17), phantom trap (DC 16); 1/day–explosive runes (DC 17), fire trap (DC 18), guards and wards (DC 20). Caster level 9th. All saves are Charisma based.

Housebond
All Hauptgeists are bound to a particular house. When outside its house, the Hauptgeist takes a -4 penalty to all ability scores, and must make a DC 25 Will save each minute or lose 1 HD. It regains all HD upon re-entering its house. When the house of a Hauptgeist is destroyed, it is permanently destroyed.

Jack_Simth
2006-07-25, 08:51 PM
If a Hauptgeist’s house is destroyed, it is permanently destroyed.
Mild grammer issue; it usually reffers to the last noun used, which in this case, would be "a Hauptgeist's house" not the Hauptgeist itself .....

The Demented One
2006-07-25, 08:53 PM
Mild grammer issue; it usually reffers to the last noun used, which in this case, would be "a Hauptgeist's house" not the Hauptgeist itself .....
Thanks for pointing that out, hate it when I do that.

RandomNPC
2006-07-25, 09:43 PM
i like it.... like a guardian angel for anyone brave enough to want to live in a haunted house..... dont mind me im babeling.

over all i like it. you would get a cookie if i had the capeability to get a cookie to you.

The Demented One
2006-07-26, 10:32 AM
i like it.... like a guardian angel for anyone brave enough to want to live in a haunted house..... dont mind me im babeling.

over all i like it. you would get a cookie if i had the capeability to get a cookie to you.
As long as they could prove they had no ill intentions, they wouldn't even have to worry about the haunting.

Chaos
2006-07-26, 12:52 PM
Don´t you mean "Hausgeist" - i.e. house spirit? "Hauptgeist" means "head spirit" or "main spirit".

The Demented One
2006-07-26, 12:58 PM
Don´t you mean "Hausgeist" - i.e. house spirit? "Hauptgeist" means "head spirit" or "main spirit".
I didn't like the sound of hausgeist, and I had thought "haupt" meant home. My bad, I guess. What would the proper translation of home spirit be?