PDA

View Full Version : GitP PrC XI: Voting thread!

ErrantX
2009-06-13, 01:57 AM
Alright everyone, it's that time again. Time to vote on what's the best prestige class in the current contest, "Fallen, yet not Forgotten (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111855)". We had a lot of really great entries in here this month, and I'm really not looking forward to only having one of them win. But, alas, such is not the case!

And the winner is... Djinn In Tonic with his Sibyl of the Blinded Eye! Great work Djinn! Special kudos to Pramxnim as well for his awesome Sin Knight (so many different characters could come from one class, it's one I'm definitely saving!)

{table=head]Creator|Class|Votes!

Djinn In Tonic|Sibyl of the Blinded Eye|

TSED|Sellout|

Kellus|Partioned Psyche|

Lord Gareth|Childen of the Mausoleum|

Khatoblepas|Illuminated Priest|

DeskChairLamp|Drifting Petal Ascendant|

Pramxnim|Sin Knight|

Aergoth|Knight-Revenant|

Samb|The Heartless|

Kornaki|Gifted|

Bergor Terraf|Focused Rager|

PairO'Dice Lost|Forsworn|
2[/table]

Let the voting begin! Voting closes on June 23rd at midnight!

-X

cherez
2009-06-13, 02:11 AM
I'll have to go with Partitioned Psyche, though Illuminated Priest is a really close second.

Bhu
2009-06-13, 03:29 AM
Im going with the Sibyl

Gamerlord
2009-06-13, 05:53 AM
I shall place my vote In this competition of specializations, and I shall vote for the sellout.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-13, 08:30 AM
Children of the Mausoleum for me, although it's a tough choice.

So many good entries!

Kellus
2009-06-13, 10:23 AM
I agree, there were a lot of good classes. But my vote goes to the Sin Knight for its mechanical clarity and excellent concept.

JoshuaZ
2009-06-13, 01:20 PM
There are some really amazing stuff in this contest. But I'm going to have to go with Lord Gareth's Childen of the Mausoleum.

ErrantX
2009-06-13, 01:31 PM
Keep em comin!

-X

cezyou
2009-06-13, 02:32 PM
Voting for the Sibyl!

(Gonna use that sometime....)

TSED
2009-06-13, 02:49 PM
Here's another vote for Djinn In Tonic's Sibyl of the Blinded Eye.

Realms of Chaos
2009-06-13, 03:07 PM
Even if it is overpowered, my vote goes to the Forsworn.

I mean...good lord, that thing was awesome

Stycotl
2009-06-13, 03:28 PM
partitioned psyche.

it might have been the forsworn if it had been balanced better.

ErrantX
2009-06-13, 04:35 PM
Keep the votes coming! These classes are all really awesome :)

-X

The Tygre
2009-06-13, 05:19 PM
I cast my vote for Tsed's Sellout. Awesome class.

DeskChairLamp
2009-06-13, 07:08 PM
I cast my vote for the Sin Knight.

Emong
2009-06-13, 07:09 PM
Drifting Petal Ascendant

It's just an awesome idea.

Samb
2009-06-13, 08:27 PM
I'll go with the Sellout. It fit the flavor of this contest perfectly and is a solid addition to bards.

I made my Heartless PrC on a whim and really made it as a NPC class and to that end I really liked it (changing aligment at will is really a bit too good though), but I have to say it is a PrC that I unlease on my party, not put one in it.

I wanted to vote for partioned psyche but mechanically it is a mess. No wilder could qualify for it. And the fact that it is inferior to a straight wilder makes this PrC a complete waste. I just get the impression that Kellus hasn't really played wilder before and made this on the fly.

Sin knight was close for me, but lack of focus made it a turn off.

Siybl of the blinded eye was another close one for me but I don't understand the entry class enough to see if it added to it.

Overall this contest was a success with lots of great creations. If only I could vote for more than one.

DanielX
2009-06-13, 09:12 PM
I cast my vote for the Drifting Petal Ascendant, though there were very many good ones (especially the Sin Knight, Knight Revenant, Illuminated Priest, and Sellout - I'm not a good judge of mechanics, but I liked their storylines).

Je dit Viola
2009-06-14, 12:17 AM
It took me forever to knock it down to one, but I'm going to vote for Knight-Revenant because it sounds so cool and would be fun to play.

On another note, the other ones that were competing in my mind were:
Drifting Petal Ascendant
Sin Knight
and Illuminated Priest
So many of them were good.

Ninjalitude
2009-06-14, 12:42 AM
No question, Sin Knight.

But, Child of the Mausoleum, and Sellout are tied for second

Pramxnim
2009-06-14, 06:54 AM
My vote goes for the Forsworn, which I think best encompasses the ideology behind this contest.

The Sibyl and Children come as close seconds, though.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-14, 10:05 AM
Siybl of the blinded eye was another close one for me but I don't understand the entry class enough to see if it added to it.

I know that this isn't a vote, but I did want to address this point. The entry class is actually quite simple: it's a Cleric prestige class. :smallbiggrin:

TSED
2009-06-15, 02:10 AM
Psst, you guys, you should vote.

(AKA 'bump' so ErrantX doesn't have to double post.)

ErrantX
2009-06-15, 06:33 PM
Gotta be a few more people interested in the contest who haven't voted!

I wanna see a lot of big numbers on this thread because all of the classes submitted were fantastic. One of the best ones yet!

-X

DracoDei
2009-06-15, 07:40 PM
With so many entries, you might want to CONSIDER doing a run-off of the top 5 or less if it is close...

ErrantX
2009-06-15, 08:41 PM
That's not a half bad idea, DracoDei. Depending on the outcome of this voting, I may do just that. If one comes away far and ahead the winner, then it's over, but if I've got 2-3 that tied for first, I'll probably do that.

-X

P.S. You should also vote, DracoDei :P

Caen'ir
2009-06-16, 02:32 AM
I'd have to cast my vote for Sibyl of the Blinded Eye...but there were a lot of really good ones. D:

Cinnamonbunnies
2009-06-16, 06:36 AM
Illuminated Priest, definitely .. though therere many great classes here.

Khatoblepas
2009-06-17, 06:32 PM
I think more people need to vote in this contest.

But I vote for the Sin Knight, since it's really awesome, and I love deadly-sin based classes. :)

Jane_Smith
2009-06-17, 06:44 PM
EH! Im torn between Children of the Mausoleum and Sellout....

-rolls dice-

So, Children of the Mausoleum has my vote.

ErrantX
2009-06-17, 06:48 PM
Keep them coming!

-X

DracoDei
2009-06-17, 07:07 PM
Illuminated Priest... because the concept of twisted servant of the power of Life itself is just great.

TheYoungKing
2009-06-17, 11:38 PM
Going to go with Knight-Revenant.

razor1n
2009-06-18, 12:26 AM
My vote goes to Sin-Knight

It was a toss up between the Sin-Knight, Sybl and the ascendant petal.

All three classes have an intresting and varried flavour to them and function well mechanically. It almost feels liek a shame to vote 1 above the others, there were so many good ones this time.

TSED
2009-06-18, 02:42 AM
EH! Im torn between Children of the Mausoleum and Sellout....

-rolls dice-

So, Children of the Mausoleum has my vote.

You randomly voted against me on my birthday. I see how it is.
:smallwink:

TengYt
2009-06-18, 09:48 AM
I'm voting for Sellout. Great concept.

ErrantX
2009-06-19, 03:38 PM
Bump to update the votes and to get us back on the first page.

Votes are open until Tuesday, so tell people to vote :D

-X

Sereg
2009-06-20, 04:30 AM
It is a tough call, but I'm going for Illuminated Priest.

Lord_Gareth
2009-06-20, 06:20 PM
I'm going for the Sybil of the Blinded Eye

To the person who said that sellouts were a solid addition to bards, I must ask - what the hell are you smoking, and are you sure you can trust whoever gave it to you?

TSED
2009-06-20, 09:45 PM
I'm going for the Sybil of the Blinded Eye

To the person who said that sellouts were a solid addition to bards, I must ask - what the hell are you smoking, and are you sure you can trust whoever gave it to you?

Ouch. Why the hate?

(No, seriously, I'd like to know.)

Jogi
2009-06-22, 12:25 AM
I cast my vote to the Sibyl of the Blinded Eye! A great class among many other nicely done homebrew :)

blueblade
2009-06-22, 01:21 AM
The Forsworn, the Sybil and the Sin Knight are all excellent.

- I love the Forsworn's "From Peace, Torment.." class abilities, great flavour and concept. On the downside, it feels a little plain compared to the others. I suspect it makes a much better villain than a PC.

- The Sin Knight's variety is great and each Sin makes good sense. And the art doesn't hurt either, does that make me a bad person? Power source isn't really stated, I presume it's some sort of faith based divine powers (to an abstract at least). Can't tell if it's overpowered though.

- The Sybil is very creative, well written, and has great art. A bit angsty though, but since I love the story of Cassandra, still good.

Very tough choice. I give it to the Sin Knight though

Debihuman
2009-06-22, 02:00 AM
I'm casting my vote for Sibyl of the Blinded Eye. It's a tough class to qualify for, but I think it works.

Debby

ErrantX
2009-06-22, 05:47 PM
Votes close tomorrow night at midnight. It's looking good for the Sibyl, but the Sin Knight is not far behind!

Keep voting!

-X

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-22, 08:07 PM
Votes close tomorrow night at midnight. It's looking good for the Sibyl, but the Sin Knight is not far behind!

Keep voting!

-X

I'd say things were looking optimistic for the Sybil, but that outlook is so contrary to the whole idea of the class that I can't bring myself to actually state it as fact. :smallbiggrin:

ErrantX
2009-06-22, 10:07 PM
Ha! True dat!

-X

DracoDei
2009-06-22, 11:42 PM
Decided to rule out the possibility of a run-off then?

Lord_Gareth
2009-06-23, 05:29 PM
Ouch. Why the hate?

(No, seriously, I'd like to know.)

1. I hate joke classes in these contests. Read: my hatred burns with the fire of ten thousand suns.

2. Even if 1 weren't true, the Sellout prevents any further advancement as a bard and suffers from a monk-like scattering of barely-related features. That's not "solid", that's duct tape.

3. Even if 1 and 2 weren't true, I don't really find it that funny.

ErrantX
2009-06-23, 06:13 PM
Votes close at midnight tonight, if we get a few more last minute votes in to get the Sin Knight up to tie the Sybil or if we get some more votes in to tie another class or two with the Sin Knight, I'll do a 48 vote for the top 3, so, keep those last minute votes coming in. I'll be starting the next contest sometime later in the week, hopefully Wednesday, but by Friday. Hopefully we can get a sticky on it too.

-X

ErrantX
2009-06-24, 05:22 PM
And the winner is...

Djinn In Tonic with his Sibyl of the Blinded Eye! Great work Djinn! Special kudos to Pramxnim as well for his awesome Sin Knight (so many different characters could come from one class, it's one I'm definitely saving!)

-X

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-06-24, 08:15 PM
Hooray! :smallbiggrin:

I must say I'm surprised by this result. There were tons of excellent and creative entries in this contest: I've personally saved several of them for my own use, and loved most of those that I didn't save.

Congratulations to everyone on an entire contest of good entries! :smallbiggrin:

Pramxnim
2009-06-24, 09:51 PM
So close... Congratulations to Djinn_In_Tonic! And to everyone else who participated in the contest!

I'll be putting up the Sin Knight on the site shortly for some more feedback (with revisions as suggested by ErrantX). Can't wait for the next contest!

TSED
2009-06-25, 04:54 AM
Congratulations, Djinn! I think you earned it.

1. I hate joke classes in these contests. Read: my hatred burns with the fire of ten thousand suns.

2. Even if 1 weren't true, the Sellout prevents any further advancement as a bard and suffers from a monk-like scattering of barely-related features. That's not "solid", that's duct tape.

3. Even if 1 and 2 weren't true, I don't really find it that funny.
This is probably going to sound a bit hostile, so I apologize in advance, but... Ok. I think you're just being coloured by point #1 and 3. I will attempt to respond to you.

1) So you're a little uptight. Check.

2) Or you could, you know, go back to non-lawful and get an atonement spell from someone. Ooo, that was hard. So much harder than redeeming yourself as a paladin. You technically don't even need the atonement spell unless you want to cast chaotic descriptor spells again.

2b) I see it is a diverse portfolio, myself. Or are you going to say the druid's spellcasting, animal companion, and shapechange are 'barely-related features' too? Oh, and pass without trace! Riiight.

You get:
a) Monetary styled compensation to represent your "I am in this for the money" attitude.
b) Ways to protect yourself from the backlash of your 'fall.' This includes a wide variety of methods ranging from affecting things you couldn't before to permanent (ex) effects.
c) Fans. See point A. Fans are important for Point A.

I don't see how two basic themes are 'barely' related, but hey, your call.

3) See Point 1. [Also not everyone's senses of humour are the same?]

Thanks for answering, though. I can't imagine this exchange staying pleasant if it keeps up though, and yes I would carry some of the blame. I blame sleep deprivation induced grumpiness, sorry for that.