PDA

View Full Version : powers of darkness&light(3.5 spells and feats)

Gamerlord
2009-06-13, 06:26 AM
A list of feats and spells that aid the powers of darkness, and some that aid its sworn foes, the forces of good.

Darkness's demise [General]
You have been granted the power to destroy the foes of good even more than so, but only on a specific plane of evil.
Prerequisites: Ability to smite evil
Benefits: You gain four extra uses of Smite evil, but they only work on a evil-aligned plane of you choice.

The light cannot hide
Divination [Evil]
Level: Cleric 4
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium( 100 ft+10 ft/level)
Area: 30 ft spread
Duration:1 round/level
Saving Throw:see text
Spell Resistance: yes

This spell Instantly dispels any Invisibility, polymorph, alter self,Persitant Image, Minor Image, major image, and Disguise self cast by a good creature(no save).

Neutral creatures get to make a will save to prevent the dispelling.

It has no effect on evil creatures.

Material Component: The eye of a good creature

Hide from the light [General]
You have improved your ability to hide from the foolish forces of good.
Prerequisites: Must be evil
Benefits: You gain a +4 on move silently checks and hide checks, but only if a good creature is within 50 ft of you.

Sense the darkness [General]
The forces of darkness cannot hide from you
Prerequisites: Must be good
Benefits: You gain a +4 on listen and spot checks .

Strike true
Transmutation [good]
Range: Touch
Target:Creature touched
Duration: 1 attack/ 5 levels
Saving Throw: Will negates(harmless)
Spell Resistance: yes(harmless)

Upon shouting the spell, the subject gains a +4 to strength, dexterity,Constitution, and charisma, he also gets a +5 to all ranged and melee attack, but only for a limited number of attacks.

matreial component: The heart of a evil creature

peacenlove
2009-06-13, 07:31 AM
I like evil-themed abilities :) so here's some critique

Darkness's demise [General]
You have been granted the power to destroy the foes of good even more than so, but only on a specific plane of evil.
Prerequisites: Ability to smite evil
Benefits: You gain two extra uses of Smite evil, but they only work on a evil-aligned plane of you choice.

There is a feat in Complete warrior that gives 2 extra smites without any requirement. Also only one Evil plane is a harsh requirement, make it Any evil plane.
So i suggest a) giving 3 or 4 smites on evil plane
b) on evil planes smites are per encounter not per day
c) add ability damage, slow or nausea for some rounds (this with a save to negate) or anything else to your smite when it is used on evil planes

The light cannot hide
Divination [Evil]
Range: 10ft/level
Area: 30 ft spread
Duration:1 round/level
Saving Throw:see text
Spell Resistance: yes

This spell Instantly dispels any Invisibility, polymorph, alter self,Persitant Image, Minor Image, major image, and Disguise self cast by a good creature(no save).

Neutral creatures get to make a will save to prevent the dispelling.

It has no effect on evil creatures.

Material Component: The eye of a good creature

While there are custom spells with fixed range, better make that spell a close or medium range spell. I would err towards medium since it is based on dispel magic.

Also Dispel spells in general do not have saves nor are they affected by SR so its better to base it on an opposed caster level check (vs good creatures you gain a +4 bonus on the check and vs good outsiders you would gain a +8, evil creatures are unaffected). That removes the "auto-win" factor vs good creatures and brings it in line with all dispels.

About its level: I believe 4th is low since its an area dispel that has a chance to dispel ALL spells from all their targets (like Chain Dispel). Its a picky spell though (it dispels only some spells but it doesn't dispel spells on your allies) so i would make it a good 5th level or a mediocre 6th level (improve the range to medium though).

More to come!

:smallbiggrin::smallwink:

DracoDei
2009-06-13, 08:05 AM
Peacenlove: Don't think Dispel Magic, think Invisibility Purge (the 3.0 version was instant I think). Thus the lack of an opposed roll for spells cast by Good casters.