PDA

View Full Version : New Druid/Ranger Spells (PEACH)

ghost_warlock
2006-07-26, 11:40 AM
Razorclaws
Transmutation
Level: Druid 3, ranger 3
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

When casting this spell, choose one of the subject’s natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. That natural weapon’s threat range for a critical hit doubles (in most cases, becomes 19-20). In addition, the subject gains a +4 enhancement bonus on rolls to confirm a critical hit. This spell does not stack with any other effects that increase a weapon’s threat range.

Bite of the Behemoth
Transmutation
Level: Druid 4, ranger 4
Duration: 1 round./level

When casting this spell, choose one of the subject’s natural weapons. For the duration of the spell, that natural weapon deals damage as though the target were one size category larger than it’s actual size. This spell does not stack with itself, although it does stack with other effects that increase the target’s actual size and the Improved Natural Attack feat.

Silverclaws
Transmutation

When casting this spell, choose one of the subject’s natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. For the duration of the spell, the affected natural weapon is treated as if it were made of silver: The natural weapon automatically overcomes the damage reduction of certain creatures vulnerable to it, such as lycanthropes. However, on a successful attack with the silvered natural weapon, the creature takes a –1 penalty on the damage roll (with the usual minimum of 1 point of damage).
This spell does not grant the ability to automatically overcome damage reduction pierced by magical attacks. Further magic is needed to accomplish that.
A creature cannot be affected by this spell at the same time as it is affected by the ironclaws, claws of byeshk, or claws of admantine spells, or by other effects that would produce the same result (such as a magical talisman that changes the subject’s natural attacks so that they are treated as adamantine). In such cases, the most recent effect suppresses all others for its duration.

Ironclaws
Transmutation
Level: Druid 4, ranger 4

When casting this spell, choose one of the subject’s natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. For the duration of the spell, the affected natural weapon is treated as if it were made of cold iron: The natural weapon automatically overcomes the damage reduction of certain creatures vulnerable to it, such as some fey.
This spell does not grant the ability to automatically overcome damage reduction pierced by magical attacks. Further magic is needed to accomplish that.
A creature cannot be affected by this spell at the same time as it is affected by the silverclaws, claws of byeshk, or claws of admantine spells, or by other effects that would produce the same result (such as a magical talisman that changes the subject’s natural attacks so that they are treated as adamantine). In such cases, the most recent effect suppresses all others for its duration.

Claws of Byeshk
Transmutation
Level: Druid 5

When casting this spell, choose one of the subject’s natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. For the duration of the spell, the affected natural weapon is treated as if it were made of byeshk: The natural weapon automatically overcomes the damage reduction of certain creatures vulnerable to it, such as the daelkyr.
A creature cannot be affected by this spell at the same time as it is affected by the silverclaws, ironclaws, or claws of admantine spells, or by other effects that would produce the same result (such as a magical talisman that changes the subject’s natural attacks so that they are treated as adamantine). In such cases, the most recent effect suppresses all others for its duration.

Claws of Adamantine
Transmutation
Level: Druid 6

When casting this spell, choose one of the subject’s natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. For the duration of the spell, the affected natural weapon is treated as if it were made of adamantine: The natural weapon automatically overcomes the damage reduction of certain creatures vulnerable to it, such as many constructs. In addition, the natural attack ignores object hardness less than 20.
A creature cannot be affected by this spell at the same time as it is affected by the silverclaws, claws of byeshk, or ironclaws spells, or by other effects that would produce the same result (such as a magical talisman that changes the subject’s natural attacks so that they are treated as silver). In such cases, the most recent effect suppresses all others for its duration.

Align Claw
Transmutation [see text]

When casting this spell, choose one of the subject’s natural weapons. For the duration of the effect, this spell makes the natural weapon good, evil, lawful, or chaotic, as you choose. A natural weapon that is aligned can bypass the damage reduction of certain creatures, usually outsiders of the opposite alignment.
You can’t cast this spell on a manufactured weapon.
When you make a weapon good, evil, lawful, or chaotic, align claw is good, evil, lawful, or chaotic spell, respectively.

Edit: Rangers don't have 5th level spells... :-[

Mephibosheth
2006-07-26, 11:42 AM
Hmm, I wonder if Wren will be preparing any of these spells...

Were-Sandwich
2006-07-26, 11:42 AM
I'm not very good at balance, but the ideas are sound

martyboy74
2006-07-26, 11:45 AM
Razorclaws
Transmutation
Duration: 1 min./level

When casting this spell, choose one of the subject’s natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. That natural weapon’s threat range for a critical hit doubles (in most cases, becomes 19-20). In addition, the subject gains a +4 enhancement bonus on rolls to confirm a critical hit. This spell does not stack with any other effects that increase a weapon’s threat range.
Are you trying to get this to be Keen Edge for natural weapons? If so, it's slightly off. This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/keenEdge.htm) is Keen Edge.

I based it off of razorfangs from the Draconomicon. I thought I'd add a little boost to justify the higher spell level than that spell.
Okay, that makes sense.

ghost_warlock
2006-07-26, 11:47 AM
Are you trying to get this to be Keen Edge for natural weapons? If so, it's slightly off. This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/keenEdge.htm) is Keen Edge.
I based it off of razorfangs from the Draconomicon. I thought I'd add a little boost to justify the higher spell level than that spell.

As for keen edge, razorclaws has a much shorter duration and a range of touch rather than Close.

NullAshton
2006-07-26, 11:50 AM
Seems pretty good and balanced. The +4 to confirm is a little off, but oh well. Seems like nice companions to magic fang and magic fang, greater.

AtomicKitKat
2006-07-26, 12:00 PM
Hmm, we shall have to see. Even assuming I go pure Druid(or Druid+full spell-casting PrC) all the way, it will be ECL 9ish before I can even prepare 3rd level spells.

ghost_warlock
2006-07-26, 12:05 PM
Hmm, we shall have to see. Even assuming I go pure Druid(or Druid+full spell-casting PrC) all the way, it will be ECL 9ish before I can even prepare 3rd level spells.
Well, these are also intended for any other druid/ranger who comes across them. Hence, claws of byeshk for Eberron druids (once again, I can hardly believe this spell doesn't already exist).

After all, worgs can't have all the fun! :D

Fax Celestis
2006-07-26, 12:06 PM
...I have the sudden desire to play an awakened wolverine druid with permanencied claws of adamantine and a ring of regeneration.

Artisan
2006-07-26, 12:07 PM
*Rolled up newspaper to the nose*

Bad Fax, BAD! No biscuit!