PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity Of The Current Module Series? (D&D4e)

Meek
2009-06-13, 07:16 PM
Can anyone summarize, or point me to a good post or commentary about, the connectivity or overall plot of the H 1-3, P1-3 and E1 (2-3 not yet available as far as I know) series of modules? I read Keep on the Shadowfell, and I know that particular plotline is continued (to some extent) in at least E1, but how do the others fit? Mostly out of curiosity.

I don't mind any really direct spoilers. Also, while I understand I can easily connect all of them somehow (I don't intend to run them, this is only for curiosity's sake) I'm more looking for direct ties already present in the modules.

Gralamin
2009-06-13, 07:34 PM
Can anyone summarize, or point me to a good post or commentary about, the connectivity or overall plot of the H 1-3, P1-3 and E1 (2-3 not yet available as far as I know) series of modules? I read Keep on the Shadowfell, and I know that particular plotline is continued (to some extent) in at least E1, but how do the others fit? Mostly out of curiosity.

I don't mind any really direct spoilers. Also, while I understand I can easily connect all of them somehow (I don't intend to run them, this is only for curiosity's sake) I'm more looking for direct ties already present in the modules.

They don't really. A lot of it has to been edged into place by the DM.

Meek
2009-06-13, 08:04 PM
Hmm, alright, thanks. I read H1 and E1 and I thought I saw connectivity there, so I kind of assumed that there was some connectivity between all of them. Though I guess if there isn't any, that's just all the easier.

Hzurr
2009-06-14, 12:09 AM
I've only read through the H1-3 series, and the three modules are only vaguely connected. During H1, you find out some information about some slavers, which could point you in the right direction, and some of the suggested "adventure hooks" at the beginning of H2 reference characters from H1. Similarly, 2 and 3 are connected only by a map you find at the end of H2, and some of the adventure hooks for H3 reference characters in H2

The modules were all designed so that they could run independently from one another, but with just enough connected plot that it would make sense to run them all back to back.

Like I said, I haven't really read any of P1-3, or E1; but just from the brief description I've read on the backs of some of them, it seems that several of them have to do with the Raven Queen, and something trying to usurp her power. I don't know how closely they all connect, but my assumption is that it all builds up so that E3 can end with the party fighting Orcus.

Currently, the group that I'm DMing has gone through H1, 3/4 of H2 (plus some other modified content that I added as we switched around party members and stuff), and are currently going through H3 (although we've more or less taken a break for the summer, as a few of our players are now unavailable.)

On a side note, I feel like H3 is the best written and planned out of the 3 Heroic level adventures, but H2 has some great plot stuff, and can be a really good launching point into a campaign of your own. Sometime soon (by soon, I mean maybe within a couple of months), I'll get around to reading the Paragon Tier adventures, and I'll post comments on them.

Meek
2009-06-14, 12:44 AM
Thank you very much for the detailed post Hzurr! The small hints of connectivity seem to suggest what I initially expected, which is that there's hooks buried into some of the modules, while others are more "concretely" connected (E1 seems very connected to H1, unless I'm making a lot of wrong assumptions about the things you discover in the Shadowfell in E1). Most of the opinions I've gathered are that H1, P3 and E1 are deeply connected, while H2-3 and P1-2 are more "getting there" hot swappable adventures.