PDA

View Full Version : Spellcasting Question

Drakevarg
2009-06-13, 11:13 PM
I'm a bored and somewhat sadistic spellcaster. My question is: can I cast something along the lines of Symbol of Death on my face as a tattoo? I'd just love the ability to kill everyone in the room by taking off my helmet. :smallamused:

Drakevarg
2009-06-13, 11:14 PM
Naturally, I spot the "simple Q&A" topic the instant I post this one. Delete please?

herrhauptmann
2009-06-14, 07:21 PM
I think the Symbol spell covers that in the description, referencing having a Symbol etched onto someone's shield.
Warning, DM will probably be mean and require you to have 'Scribe magic tattoo' or the permanancy spell

erikun
2009-06-14, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that there is a rule somewhere stating that magic traps (such as a Symbol) cannot be placed on creatures. Otherwise, you'd have golems wandering around with arrow traps that go off whenever they hit.

I haven't read about tattoos in awhile, but I'm pretty sure they're always one-use effects.

Reguardless, it's mostly up to your DM. I can be sadistic at times, so I'd let you use it... but have it affect yourself first if anyone read it. Enjoy your Symbol of Suicide. :smallbiggrin:

SSGoW
2009-06-14, 08:46 PM
haha well couldn't you make the symbol with someone's name so that it doesn't target the person with it on their face :P

lsfreak
2009-06-14, 08:52 PM
Continuous item of symbol of death taking up the face slot would cost... 490.000gp at minimum, a bit prohibitive.