PDA

View Full Version : Western US in the Playground

KataraAltinaII
2009-06-14, 03:54 AM
not sure if this has already been done, but I guess this is just a thought to ask who actually lives in the western part of the US, namely, the mountain states.

and for anyone wanting my specifications, "mountain" states are any in the GMT-7 time zone.
Western US is Mountain and Pacific times.

so... anyone else with me, or am I a loner again?

Erloas
2009-06-14, 09:08 AM
You aren't totally alone. I know there are a few people in Arizona too, but since the state is being silly about daylight savings I don't really count it as MST, though that probably isn't the main deciding point for you. If you are also counting the coast, like California then I'm sure there will be a lot. Of course California is fairly distinctly different from all of the mountain states. Not sure exactly what to say about Oregon and Washington though.

Hell Puppi
2009-06-14, 02:50 PM
Me and Bor hang out in Arizona.
I think there are a few others as well.

...yeah we don't believe in your 'daylight savings' because our daylight burns flesh. :smalltongue:

Vaynor
2009-06-14, 03:16 PM
You aren't totally alone. I know there are a few people in Arizona too, but since the state is being silly about daylight savings I don't really count it as MST, though that probably isn't the main deciding point for you. If you are also counting the coast, like California then I'm sure there will be a lot. Of course California is fairly distinctly different from all of the mountain states. Not sure exactly what to say about Oregon and Washington though.

He's asking for GMT-7, California, Oregon, and Washington are all part of GMT-8.

TheThan
2009-06-14, 03:19 PM
GI Joe headquarters is located in an undisclosed location in California.

Trizap
2009-06-14, 03:34 PM
I'm in Washington, won't tell anyone where.

its nice here on the west coast don't ya think? we get all the rain fall and all those people behind the mountains get nothing but scorching sun eheheheheeh, and we got cool beaches to cool off during the summer.

that and there is all the beautiful growth and greenery 'round here, all pretty nice.

Volug
2009-06-14, 03:45 PM
Cache Valley Utah.

Heck I'm surrounded by mountains, they don't call it a valley for kicks and giggles.

Erloas
2009-06-14, 06:36 PM
He's asking for GMT-7, California, Oregon, and Washington are all part of GMT-8.

Well he said western and pacific.

As for daylight savings time in AZ, I lived in Phoenix for 8 years, I know it gets hot. But they act like not doing daylight savings is a convience for the people there, but its really annoying if you ever have to deal with anyone outside the state. Its also not like it makes much of a difference, its 100+ all the time in the summer anyway, it doesn't matter if they change the time by an hour, its still hot. Even if they changed the time by 4 hours so it gets dark at 5pm, by the time 9pm came around (which would currently be 1am) it would still be hot.
Oh and on a side note: whomever decided to call Phoenix a valley really need to get out and see some real valleys. As far as I'm concerned it stops being a valley when there are hundreds of miles between one set of mountains and the next.

Oh and since I didn't say in my first post I'm in Wyoming. I didn't really think it necessary with my signature, but I'll state it anyway.

SDF
2009-06-14, 06:42 PM
Idaho, the only state named as a joke.

Deathslayer7
2009-06-14, 06:43 PM
las vegas. ^^

Rawhide
2009-06-14, 07:32 PM
There are far too many of these "Location in the Playground" threads. For now I am going to rule that there can be a maximum of one for each continent (using the 6 continent model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent#Number_of_continents), see below). We are considering restricting this even further, but for now the following ones would be ok.

Australia
North and South America (combined)
Europe (including Great Britain, etc.)
Africa
Asia

P.S. Unless you actually live in Antarctica, don't even think of creating an "Antarctica in the Playground" thread.