PDA

View Full Version : Sharn, the Broken City - Game Thread

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-14, 06:01 PM
RulesFor many years, the city of Sharn has remained peaceful. The five houses, Atior, Peliphines, Grandor, Brevia, and Lordaetes, are long established. Due to their similarities of craft, the Houses have always been hostile towards one another. The Inquisitors, the watchmen of the city, have managed to keep them in check over the years, threatening to use violence against any who break the bonds of trust. Each Duke, paranoid of assassins sent anonymously from the other houses, hired a skilled bodyguard to protect them. Over the generations, the children of the Dukes would employ the services of the children of their parent's bodyguards. They have also passed on several heirlooms, some with magical power, and others with brilliant craft.

In the past month, however, a gang known only as "The Golden Sun" has emerged, committing crimes and other acts of questionable legality throughout the city. They are believed to be a group of Divine Radicals, and they have begun to preach to the people of the corruption of the Inquisitors. The Inquisitors, retaliating, have turned their attention to the group.

With the inquisitors out of the way, the Dukes of the five houses have broken into chaos, waging war on one another. The Inquisitors, fearful for their own integrity, have turned their attention from them entirely. The city has fallen into chaos.

This game is based primarily on Uncle Festy's Ravnica, City of Wolves, and has no "Good" or "Bad". Two separate feuds are going on, between the Inquisitors and The Golden Sun and among the Houses. The commoners have each pledged allegiance to one house and one side of the feud. Each of the houses is also like a small masonic group, consisting only of two people, and wanting two houses dead. Each has its own artifact, an idea from Shadowcaller's Mirrodin Werewolf game.

Minimum Players: 32

Role Display FormatFaction (Number of people in faction) – Win Conditions

-Role Name
Information/Artifacts at start of game
-Powers useable each night, or every few nights

Inquisitors vs. The Golden SunThe Inquisitors (4) – Win if all members of the Golden Sun are killed

-Grand Inquisitor Darien
Starts the game knowing Chief Randall
-Can kill one person during the night; one night cooldown

-Chief Randall
Starts the game knowing Grand Inquisitor Darien
-Can use one artifact each night.

-Inspector Illus
Starts the game knowing Inspector Caethus.
-Can scry every two nights; designated at the start of the game, may be "normal seer" or "inverse seer"; see under "Scrying".
-Can scry the same target as Inspector Caethus for only "normal seer" results

-Inspector Caethus
Starts the game knowing Inspector Illus.
-Can scry every two nights; designated at the start of the game, may be "normal seer" or "inverse seer"; see under "Scrying".
-Can scry the same target as Inspector Illus for only "normal seer" results

The Golden Sun (4) - Win if all Inquisitors are killed

-“Shining Fox”
Starts the game knowing Mi Kae
-Can kill one person during the night; one night cooldown

-Allia “Brightwing”
Starts the game knowing “Shining Fox”
-Can use one artifact each night.

-Spy Brunus
Starts the game knowing Spy Quares.
-Can scry the same target as Spy Quares for only "normal seer" results

-Spy Quares
Starts the game knowing Spy Brunus.
-Can scry the same target as Spy Brunus for only "normal seer" results

The Five Houses' FeudHouse Atior (2) – Wins if Duke Brevia and Duke Lordaetes are killed

-Duke Atior
Starts the game with The Wand of Atrior
Starts the game knowing Sir Kael
-Can use one artifact each night

-Sir Kael
Starts the game knowing Duke Atior
-Can kill one person during the night; Useable once. One additional use of this power may be gained if Duke Brevia or Duke Lordaetes die by any means (night kill from any party or lynching). This power is not expended if it is used successfully to kill Sir Fornicius or Lady Mia.

House Peliphines (2) – Wins if Duke Grandor and Duke Lordaetes are killed

-Duke Peliphines
Starts the game with The Orb of Peliphines
Starts the game knowing Sir Allius

-Sir Allius
Starts the game knowing Duke Peliphines
-Can kill one person during the night; Useable once. One additional use of this power may be gained if Duke Grandor or Duke Lordaetes die by any means (night kill from any party or lynching). This power is not expended if it is used successfully to kill Lady Raen or Lady Mia.

House Grandor (2) – Wins if Duke Peliphines and Duke Brevia are killed

-Duke Grandor
Starts the game with The Armor of Grandor
Starts the game knowing Lady Raen

-Lady Raen
Starts the game knowing Duke Grandor
-Can kill one person during the night; Useable once. One additional use of this power may be gained if Duke Brevia or Duke Peliphines die by any means (night kill from any party or lynching). This power is not expended if it is used successfully to kill Sir Fornicius or Sir Allius.

House Brevia (2) – Wins if Duke Atior and Duke Grandor are killed

-Duke Brevia
Starts the game with The Spyglass of Brevia
Starts the game knowing Sir Fornicius

-Sir Fornicius
Starts the game knowing Duke Brevia
-Can kill one person during the night; Useable once. One additional use of this power may be gained if Duke Atior or Duke Grandor die by any means (night kill from any party or lynching). This power is not expended if it is used successfully to kill Sir Kael or Lady Raen.

House Lordaetes (2) – Wins if Duke Atior and Duke Peliphines are killed

-Duke Lordaetes
Starts the game with The Veil of Lordaetes
Starts the game knowing Lady Mia

-Lady Mia
Starts the game knowing Duke Lordaetes
-Can kill one person during the night; Useable once. One additional use of this power may be gained if Duke Atior or Duke Peliphines die by any means (night kill from any party or lynching). This power is not expended if it is used successfully to kill Sir Kael or Sir Allius.

Commoners and Neutral PartiesCommoners (10+) - Wins if designated House or Side Wins

-Commoners (10+)
House and Side will be picked at random at the start of the game (total support for each house or side will be balanced)

Neutral Party 1 (1) – Wins if Lynched (though not if shot)

-Squeamish Sadist
-Can choose one faction to appear as to scryers.

Neutral Party 2 (1) – Wins if alive at end of game

-Serial Killer
When scried, appears as Inquisitor to Golden Sun, Golden Sun to Inquisitor, and a hostile house to dukes using artifacts.
-Can kill one person during the night; two night cooldown

Neutral Party 3 (1) – Wins if three or more artifacts are in possession

-Artifact Thief
-Can steal from one person each night; Any artifacts in possession taken

Artifacts of the Five HousesWhen a player in possession of an artifact is killed, the artifact will transfer to the killer. If two people kill the same person at the same time, there will be a 50% chance of it going to either killer. If a person holding an artifact is lynched, it will be given randomly to one of the people who voted for them. The general public will know that there was an artifact, but will not know who received it.

Artifacts may be given away to other players. To give away an artifact, you must be in possession of it, and you must send me a PM detailing who you give it to. On the night that an artifact is given away, it will not cooldown for already used powers, and it cannot be used by the donor or the recipient. Once the PM is sent, it cannot be revoked. However, you can set conditions to do trades or bargains (IE: "If I receive this artifact from this person, then do this", or "If so and so is scried/killed/protected/whatevered by this person, then give this to this person.). I do not mind having to do a little of extra work, but do not make your conditions overcomplicated.

People may hold as many artifacts as they want, but they may only use one each night if they have the ability to use them. Artifacts will cool down if in possession of someone using another artifact that night.

The Wand of Atior – Can nullify all actions done to one person; one night cooldown
The Orb of Peliphines – Can scry accurately; one night cooldown
The Armor of Grandor – Can bane any person each night; one night cooldown
The Spyglass of Brevia – Can learn who that person visited each night; no cooldown
The Veil of Lordaetes – Can mask one person's faction with another of the Veil user's choice; one night cooldown

Scrying:Scrying will work a little differently than in most werewolf games. Since there are so many factions, I've divided it into several sections. When scried, players will appear as members of their faction, if they have one. Commoners and the Thief will appear as "Commoners" (as will the Squeamish Sadist if no faction is PMed). The Squeamish Sadist can choose anything to appear as if scried that night. If the Serial Killer is scried, they will appear as something hostile to the scrier. In the case of houses, the Serial Killer will appear as Brevia to Atior, Grandor to Brevia, Peliphines to Grandor, Lordaetes to Peliphines, and Atior to Lordaetes.

For the Inquisitor's and Golden Sun's "Seers", one will be randomly designated as the "Normal Seer". The other will be the "Inverse Seer". When scrying, the Normal Seer will see the person's faction as normal. The Inverse Seer will see the person's faction as the opposite of what it really is. A member of the Golden Sun will appear as a member of the Inquisitors; a member of the Inquisitors will appear as a member of the Golden Sun. Commoners will still appear as commoners. Someone of a house will shift one to the right on the list below.

Atior -> Brevia -> Grandor -> Peliphines -> Lordaetes -> Atior

If the Seers do not wish to have to figure out who is who, they can decide to both scry the same person. Their results will automatically be what the "Normal Seer" would find if working alone.

To prevent any seers from learning who is the "Normal" and who is the "Inverse" or the identity of the Squeamish Sadist/target of The Veil of Lordaetes simply by scrying twice, scrying the same person twice will automatically yield the same information you had found previously, regardless of current circumstances.

Players: 32
Shadowcaller
Kyouhen
Murska
The Bookworm
Recaiden
Aemoh
Jontom Xire
Opeth_Freak
happyturtle
Darkcomet
Supagoof
Selrahc
EagleWiz
Fleeing Coward
pondshadow
PirateMonk
Alarra
Uncle Festy
Lex-kat
Oddity
Lizard Lord
billtodamax
GAThraawn
Dirk Kris
Incorporeal
Allysian
Kaboose
MOD
Blue Ghost
Kuma Da
The Bushranger
02youeng

Accepted Autolynch Replacements: 0

Narrators: 2
Tired N' Drowzy
Conbar

This game begins on June 16th, and will be primarily narrated by Conbar, as I will be gone frequently. It may appear before then due to the mod approval system, so that it will be present when the game is scheduled to start. Please do not post until Tuesday, June 16th at 12:00 PM EST (GMT -5).

Autolynch replacements are still welcome.

~

The night is silent. The streets are empty, and the sky is clear. Suddenly, however, a loud scream fills the night air. Within minutes, the entire town rushes into the square to find a dead body, bloodied and battered. After several moments, they identify the man as Sir Charles Maenes, the Grand Inquisitor.

"It was the Golden Sun! They've the nerve to strike the Inquisitors directly! Something must be done! We must kill them!" Shouts one angered audience member.

"No!" Shouts another man. "The Golden Sun are grand! They would never commit such an act! They wish the world to be a clear and wonderful place!"

"Calm down, both of you!" Yells a nicely dressed man. "I am the peacekeeper of the city. Let me handle this. Although I agree with you, sir, that this act should not go in vain, it is quite a rash accusation to accuse the Golden Sun of such an act! It makes me uneasy that they have accumulated such a following so quickly, but... I believe it is time for an inspection. We must learn the true nature behind this murder.

Another man soon speaks up, albeit hesitently. [B]"I... I believe this man deserved to die! He... He was a tyrant, ruling over this city with evil! You don't know what this man has done!"

"Silence!" Shouts the peacekeeper. "This man was good! The Inquisitors serve the people, just as you and me!"

Suddenly, the crowd is again thrown into chaos as a man shouts out, more loudly than before. "There! A trail of blood!"

They follow the trail quickly, and soon find a man, hiding under a fallen tarp. As the peacekeeper pulls the man up, the man removes a dagger from his sleeve and thrusts it into the man's chest. The peacekeeper lets out a loud scream before falling to the ground. The crowd gasps and apprehends the man, removing the dagger and tying his hands. They bring him to the center of the city, where he proclaims loudly, "Whatever you may do to me, it will mean nothing. The Golden Sun has acted, and we will continue to fight until the tyranny of the Inquisitors has ended!"

Many loud gasps come from the crowd, accompanied by several cheers. Several other people merely stay silent. One man steps onto a podium and looks around. "People! So much has happened this night! Return to your houses, and let the Inquisitors deal with this!"

"No," shouts a woman in the crowd. "We must settle this now. The Golden Sun has acted. Although rashly, it is debateable whether their actions are for good or bad. We, the people of this city, have the right to decide what may happen. Would all the High Inquisitors, including the Inquisitor Darien, who will take the place of Grand Inquisitor Maenes, please step forward? And would the members of the Golden Sun, who clearly wish change onto this city, please join them?"

Another man soon shouts out. "No. Each party clearly fears their fate; they will not emerge. We will have to find them among the crowd."

"But what do they look like?" Asks another woman. "We hardly see them on the streets; and when we do, they ride in their chariots, their faces obscured! How do we even know they are here?"

"Oh, they're here, alright. The Inquisitors would not rest when they heard the screams of a civilian- even if he turned out to be something far more than that. The Golden Sun, too, would want to be present to ensure this plays out the way they had anticipated."

"Then what do we do? The Inquisitors will surely go and seek out the Golden Sun, and the Cult will do the same to the Inquisitors."

"Nobody leaves this square until we find them among our crowd."

"No. It is too easy for some few to slip out. Besides, what then? Do we simply lynch one group or the other, based on popular vote? That'd be barbaric."

"Lynching? I like the sound of that! We can guilt them out! Let us lynch one of our own, decided by popular vote, to be killed by the lynch this day! They must watch as one of the people, whom they each strive so hard to protect, dies due to their hesitency."

"I like the sound of that! Let's do that!"

"But what of the houses? Surely, they will use this opportunity to overthrow each other. Our entire government, our economy, and our life will be thrown into chaos!""

"It already has, sir. With the Inquisitors preoccupied with the Golden Sun, and the peacekeeper dead, only violence between the houses can emerge. It is time for us to take sides and decide how we will go about this."

~

Tired N' Drowzy was killed. He was Grand Inquisitor Maenes.
Conbar was killed. He was Peacekeeper Entan.

Day 1 Begins. It will end at 12:00 PM EST (GMT -5) on Thursday, June 18.

Votes will be cast in red. Any vote that is not in red will not be tallied. If you change your vote, be sure to edit your previous post and cross out your first vote, as well as removing the red. If you do not do this, only the first vote will be counted.

Role PMs should have been received by 2:00 AM on Monday, June 13th. If you did not receive a Role PM by then, please send a PM to Conbar, and he will send it to you accordingly.

Also, keep in mind that I've slightly changed some of the rules. Each of the Bodyguards only have a 1-shot kill, with no cooldown. Whenever one of their target dukes dies, whether by night kill from any party or by lynching, they gain another use of this power. In addition, they do not expend their use of the power if they use it to kill one of the bodyguards of an opposing duke and the kill is successful.

The Bookworm
2009-06-15, 03:59 PM
Just to get the ball rolling...
Happyturtle

Shadowcaller
2009-06-15, 04:16 PM
The Bookworm, you won DBZ all too easy. :smallwink:

The Bookworm
2009-06-15, 04:24 PM
But I just got killed in Paranoia (first day!) Keep lynching me and I'll have NO games left.

Allysian
2009-06-15, 05:38 PM
That sounds like an invitation, Bookworm. :smallamused:

Aemoh
2009-06-15, 05:40 PM
Really, if someone's gonna get lynched for DBZ, it should be me :smalltongue:

*Day 1 random point at Uncle Festy*

Recaiden
2009-06-15, 05:51 PM
Kuma Da. I bet he's a serial killer.

MOD
2009-06-15, 06:24 PM
Random rolling indicates that Jontom Xire is my target yet again. Sry Jontom the randomness hit you in another game.

Kuma Da
2009-06-15, 07:03 PM
Recaiden! Let the feud continue! (also, whoever the serial killer is should probably announce himself so that people don't start targeting him. It'll also put him in a position to negotiate with any faction.]

Opeth_Freak
2009-06-15, 08:20 PM

I wasn't playing DBZ WW, but meh :smalltongue: Aemoh.

Lizard Lord
2009-06-15, 09:53 PM
Allysian because I feel like it.

Fleeing Coward
2009-06-15, 10:21 PM

You asked for it Aemoh:smalltongue:

Kaboose
2009-06-16, 12:07 AM
Lizard lord Because I agree with your voting style.

billtodamax
2009-06-16, 12:52 AM
Aemoh for fun and profit.

Uncle Festy
2009-06-16, 01:00 AM
Counterpoint at Aemoh.

happyturtle
2009-06-16, 01:04 AM
Uncle Festy so he can get lynched early and have more time to finish Kaos. :smallwink:

Alarra
2009-06-16, 01:19 AM
Hmm..... Jontom Xire.

Oddity
2009-06-16, 01:55 AM
Kuma Da
The name is just too darn Katchy seals the letter with a fruitloop

Jontom Xire
2009-06-16, 03:20 AM
It's day 1 - Murska.

Connor Darkdart
2009-06-16, 04:14 AM
This game begins on June 16th, and will be primarily narrated by Conbar, as I will be gone frequently. It may appear before then due to the mod approval system, so that it will be present when the game is scheduled to start. Please do not post until Tuesday, June 16th at 12:00 PM EST (GMT -5).

Unless I read that wrong that means midday today, or 5 pm for me over in the England. I would ask no one further posts until this time. Also, it should be noted I am already taking over because Tired and Drowzy has already gone on one of his aforementioned trips.

On second thought, he might of meant 12 AM, or midnight.

pondshadow
2009-06-16, 05:59 AM
Aemoh appears to be #13 on the list

Selrahc
2009-06-16, 06:21 AM
Aemoh appears to be #13 on the list

I never get to be thirteenth... Aemoh

02youeng
2009-06-16, 06:55 AM
I like the name, and as I can't have it, I shall hang Fleeing Coward

Kyouhen
2009-06-16, 08:43 AM
Unless I read that wrong that means midday today, or 5 pm for me over in the England. I would ask no one further posts until this time. Also, it should be noted I am already taking over because Tired and Drowzy has already gone on one of his aforementioned trips.

On second thought, he might of meant 12 AM, or midnight.

I think he might have meant midnight on the grounds that that's only 1 hour off my timezone and I don't see why he'd want to have it start at 11 PM.

That said, I do believe Murska owes me a lynch. :smallamused:

Dirk Kris
2009-06-16, 08:57 AM
The Golden Sun wears veils?
Turtles wear shells?

Happy Turtle :smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-06-16, 10:32 AM
Kyouhen, what have I ever done to you?

Blue Ghost
2009-06-16, 11:51 AM
Murska. You can't go wrong there.

Kuma Da
2009-06-16, 11:53 AM
Switching to Aemoh. Let's let bygones be bygones.

The Bushranger
2009-06-16, 01:36 PM
MOD, 'cause I just found the thread.

Supagoof
2009-06-16, 08:59 PM
((Is no one role-playing? :smallconfused:))

A beggar sits just along an alleyway. He begs every passing person who comes by.

Please sah! Do yah have any spare change? How about yah ma'am, care to help an old soul out? I can sing a pretty song if yah like? Would you like a pretty song for a pence? A pretty song for a pretty lady? You sah, wouldn't you like to hear a pretty song about your lovely miss?

He say to Aemoh and Alarra, who both just seem to be walking by but not together.

PirateMonk
2009-06-16, 09:01 PM
Jontom Xire. He knows why. (He doesn't.)

Aemoh
2009-06-16, 09:38 PM
((Haven't bothered with RP in awhile, but since Supagoof seems desperate... :smallwink: ))

The man, a bit heavy-set and looking a bit worse for wear, comes to a dead stop and just looks at the beggar.

"She ain't mine." he finally says after a moment, though he looks like he wanted to say more.

Rifling through his pants pocket, you hear not a single coin jingle, but he finally finds one. His last one, to be specific, and tosses it the beggar.

"But go ahead and play a song, any song." he continues from where he left off as he sits down next the beggar.

Kyouhen
2009-06-16, 11:48 PM
Kyouhen, what have I ever done to you?

You brought your horrible luck against me, that's what. :smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-06-17, 12:07 AM
An old man strolls down the street.
He overhears another man talking to a beggar, not too interested he continues to stroll absent-mindedly. He does, however, notice that the man tosses a coin at the beggar and asks him to sing.
He decides to casually stride into some shadows, he is interested in hearing the beggar sing, but truth be told, he doesn't have a penny left himself.

Sadly, not being the sprightly man he once was, he falls asleep and wakes up only as the beggar is finishing his song. He does manage to grasp the words:
"...and that's how I gots like this... deedly dee..."
Despite the tune, those last words seem dreary. They don't give the old man much joy, so he picks himself up and continues to amble on to the markets.

Jontom Xire
2009-06-17, 02:08 AM
Jontom Xire. He knows why. (He doesn't.)

I do? I don't think I do.

Uncle Festy
2009-06-17, 11:38 AM
White text – that you actually quoted – for the win! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Connor Darkdart
2009-06-17, 11:42 AM
Voting Over

The votes will be tallied shortly.

Connor Darkdart
2009-06-17, 11:44 AM
The Votes have been tallied.

The man who draws the short straw is Aemoh.
As the werewolf rules state, after being chosen, Aemoh may no longer commit actions.

Night will begin in 1 hour exactly

At this point I will narrate what occurs in the square. If anyone wants to be personally involved in the lynching (e.g. Be the one lynching, or being the person who punches him to keep him down and avoid him running away) then please PM me immediately. Any submissions after the hour is over will not be included.

Supagoof
2009-06-17, 12:52 PM
((Haven't bothered with RP in awhile, but since Supagoof seems desperate... :smallwink: ))

The man, a bit heavy-set and looking a bit worse for wear, comes to a dead stop and just looks at the beggar.

"She ain't mine." he finally says after a moment, though he looks like he wanted to say more.

Rifling through his pants pocket, you hear not a single coin jingle, but he finally finds one. His last one, to be specific, and tosses it the beggar.

"But go ahead and play a song, any song." he continues from where he left off as he sits down next the beggar.
Very well then sah, I shall.

Do Re Mi Mi Mi Mi Miiiiiiii! Ahem.

He plucks a few strings on his lute to make sure their in tune. He looks at the coin, a piece of silver, with a word written on the side. Aemoh.

Another head hangs lowly
The last coin is given,
And the violence caused by silence
Who are the mistaken
But you see it's not me,
It's not my family
Made you dead, made you
dead they are pointing
With their fingers and their looks
And their looks they mis-took

Made you dead,
Made you dead they are cryin'
Made you dead
Ae-ee-moh
They made you dead, made you dead
Aemoh

Another victim is breakin'
Rage is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken
It's the same old theme since 1716
Now your dead,
Though your dead they're still pointin'
With their fingers and their looks
And their looks they mis-took
Now your dead, they are dyin'

Made you dead, made you dead
Aa-ee-moh
Aemoh

Aemoh

Connor Darkdart
2009-06-17, 01:10 PM
The lots are drawn, and a man is found with the small straw. The crowd grab him and drag him towards a tree. One man appears with a piece of rope and makes a knotted loop out of it. The rope is secured to the tree and...

Hurk
Cheer
Wood creaking
Bard playing on the opposite side of the square

Night descends upon the square. People depart, making sure to return tommorow.

For those curious, Aemoh was the Squeamish Sadist. This presents a problem. According to the rules, the Squeamish Sadist must only be lynched to win. I am unsure whether this means the game is over or what. Any help?

Night is on hold for reasons detailed in the spoiler

Uncle Festy
2009-06-17, 01:16 PM
Presumably the game continues, but Aemoh gets his win.

happyturtle
2009-06-17, 01:16 PM
In general, third party wins are in addition to other wins. For example, in Universal Smash Brothers III, one neutral won in addition to Team Nintendo winning.

In a game this complex, I'm not sure what the game ending conditions would be. I'd recommend talking it over with an experienced narrator who is not in the game, such as PhantomFox or Banjo1985.

Darkcomet
2009-06-17, 01:17 PM
Presumably the game continues, but Aemoh gets his win.

That's what happened when I won as a role like that...

Murska
2009-06-17, 01:18 PM
I vote the game ends once either the Inquisitors or the Golden Sun wins, and all other wins are just in addition to that.

Connor Darkdart
2009-06-17, 01:22 PM
Right-O then! Aemoh is dead, but he has also won his own personal win!

The Night has begun
It ends on Saturday the 19th at 3:00 EST (GMT -5)

The later ending time is to make up for delays.
All those who have night actions, PM me.

Murska
2009-06-17, 01:24 PM
Way to go, Aemoh! Fastest win ever! :smallsmile:

I envy you of your win condition though. If I'd have something like that... :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2009-06-17, 01:52 PM
Way to go, Aemoh! Fastest win ever! :smallsmile:

I envy you of your win condition though. If I'd have something like that... :smalltongue:If you had something like that, no one would trust you. They'd still think you were a wolf! :smalltongue:

Hmmm, will have to create a role like that in the next WW game. A wolf who wins when lynched. - Does he stay alive to help his team, or get himself lynched to satisfy his own win condition?

Aemoh
2009-06-17, 05:32 PM
Woo, day 1 win and I didn't even have to claim :smallbiggrin:

Good luck to... someone? Heh.

Also, nice song Goof. You even managed to seemingly pronounce Aemoh the way I do in my head :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2009-06-17, 08:02 PM
*snip*... in my head :smalltongue:
((In your head...in your heEead...:smallamused:))

Oddity
2009-06-18, 03:27 AM
It is only when night falls and the old man is recounting the last words Aemoth said that he realizes that his hearing must have been wrong. The beggar said no such words. Once again he is saddened by his misfortune.
"The lucky son of a gun, got away from it all, he did."
He quietly gives cheerios to his rooster and prepares to feel saddened anew in the morn.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 07:45 AM
A woman of noble upbringing - judging from the fine texture of her clothes and the way she moves, suggestive of a lifetime spent dancing - slips into the streets after dark. She wears a wide-brimmed hat that keeps her face in shadow, no matter the brightness of the moon. She carries a simple brown drawstring pouch and never speaks. Those who live on these streets know her well - she is just called "The Lady". No one knows where she comes from or where she goes, but she is a kind-hearted philanthropist. Breezing down the city streets like a leaf on the night breeze, she visits those who are most needy - the ill or crippled, the elderly, the penniless. At each visit, she reaches into her pouch and retrieves two coins for each person - not much, but certainly enough to keep them fed for a day or two. And then she is gone again, simply nodding as some thank her.

Among her stops this evening are the bard and the elderly man who gave his last coin to hear him play.

Incorporeal
2009-06-19, 01:49 PM
Sorry for not being here until now, I had just found the game thread.

This ought to be fun. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Congrats to Aemoh.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-20, 07:17 AM
Nice win Aemoh. :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2009-06-20, 07:40 PM
Long night.....:smalltongue:

Oddity
2009-06-20, 11:29 PM
The old man falls out of bed and continues to sleep on the floor.
"...Uhh..."*snores*"...darn cold..."*snores*"...day so warm..."

Edit: OK seriously... when will it end?

Lizard Lord
2009-06-23, 05:21 PM
Is this still going on?

EagleWiz
2009-06-23, 05:40 PM
Summary:
Conbar dissapeared he was The Nariator

The Bookworm
2009-06-23, 08:29 PM
Conbar? Tired n' Drowsy?

Incorporeal
2009-06-24, 04:03 PM
The town slept peacefully tonight, as they were confident that the plan they had put into place in the morning would show it's fruits tomorrow.

But as they slept soundly through the night, there was a disturbance.

In some house somewhere, a villager woke up, and looked out the window to find it was still nightfall.

Time had stopped, or had it? If time had stopped then how was he moving? He decided that figuring it out was someone else' job and went outside.

He found that the town was filling up with people unable to sleep in the unnaturally long night.

How was this possible? Was it that the deaths of Peacekeeper Entan and Grand Inquisitor Maenes was somehow causing the cycle of the sun and moon to come to a stop?

Conbar has dissapeared. He was Peacekeeper Entan The Backup Mod.

Night ends in infinite hours. :smallannoyed:

The results of boredom.

And unrest.

But mostly boredom. :smalltongue:

On a slightly more serious note, I am curious why night has refused to end.

Calender messed up.

Uncle Festy
2009-06-24, 05:02 PM
What? :smallconfused:
It's been all of five days.

Incorporeal
2009-06-24, 05:05 PM
:smalleek: Calender messed up. Will edit.

Kaboose
2009-06-24, 11:41 PM
:smallfrown:Sorry guys, I don't have time for this. I'm out.

Allysian
2009-06-25, 05:57 PM
*sigh* Come ooooon.

billtodamax
2009-06-26, 03:29 AM
Time to poke Conbar. *goes off to PM*

Blue Ghost
2009-06-26, 11:30 AM
I believe that the Golden Sun has awakened an Elder Evil. This long night is the Elder Evil's sign manifesting. The next night should last FOREVER. Our doom is upon us.

Kyouhen
2009-06-26, 01:43 PM
I believe that the Golden Sun has awakened an Elder Evil. This long night is the Elder Evil's sign manifesting. The next night should last FOREVER. Our doom is upon us.

I dunno. It takes a full night to kill someone, so I don't think most of us have anything to worry about. :smalltongue:

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-26, 05:25 PM
Alright, this kinda sucks... Bad. My co-narrator has disappeared, and I've not received many actions. I'll try to pick up the shambles of this game my departure has left in its wake; I only hope you all will continue to play. I'll send discerned PMs shortly, and get a narration up.

Night 1 Ends.

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-26, 06:19 PM
The night is young when the first shout is heard. The people do not leave their houses for fear of death by the feuding parties. The shout is soon heard shortly after by frantic footsteps from all directions. Another shout is soon heard. The two bodies are found the next morning.

"So it's officially war," one man comments, eyeing about at the two victims, Jontom Xire and Kyouhen.

"Oh, come on!" Shouts another man. "Can we please settle this like human beings? Our lynch went well yesterday. We made little progress, but our town is at least a lot less depressing. Is killing under the cover of night really necessary?"

"Well, we can't just expect them not to do anything! This feud will only continue at the current rate. We'd best get to inspections, and perhaps another lynching tonight."

The town unanimously agrees, save for several small parties. Overwhelmed, the people begin to shout loudly.

"Wait!" A man shouts. "This... This is the Duke Lordaetes! He's among the murdered!" The man holds up the body of Jontom Xire, bearing the dark green robes of House Lordaetes. "...And the killer's left a mark."

A long trail of blood covers the streets. The Duke's blood trails off, leading to the great house of Atior.

"So it was the damnable Atior bodyguard, Sir Kael!" Shouts a man. "We'll have his head for breaking conduct!"

"But what of the Veil? The Great Veil of Lordaetes?"

"I fear it's been taken. Even now, I'll bet it resides in that damned House."

The crowd then turns to Kyouhen. On his stomach is a great circle, a star around it. The carving has been made with incisions by sword. It is the mark of the Golden Sun.

Jontom Xire was killed by House Atior. He was Duke Lordaetes. Sir Kael and Sir Allius have both gained an extra use of their night kills.

Kyouhen was killed by the Golden Sun. He was a Commoner.

Day 2 Begins, and will end in ~41 hours. The day will end at 12:00 PM (Noon), EST (GMT -5), on Sunday, June 28th.

If Incorporeal, GAThraawn, Darkcomet, EagleWiz, or Lex-kat do not vote today, they will be autolynched.

Also, as a result of the lack of actions sent in, you can send in the actions for an ally if you can designate their name and role. If you get their name or role wrong, you will not be able to send in any night actions for two days. This is to discourage guessing of teammates in the case of the Inquisitors and the Golden Sun.

I'm looking for autolynch replacements, since many people will probably disappear. If you know anyone who may be interested, shoot them a PM. I'd hate to see important roles die as a result of negligence.

billtodamax
2009-06-26, 07:10 PM
Blue ghost. For teh lulz.

The Bookworm
2009-06-26, 09:49 PM
Thank goodness this game is back! I PMed Conbar, but he didn't respond. Uncle Festy, because I read the whole UK III Thread (I had time on my hands) and would like to see a conclusion! Lynching him should give him time to work on one...

Darkcomet
2009-06-26, 09:53 PM
Bookworm is pointing at people for out-of-game reasons! :smalleek:

He also needs to pay more intention to Insanowar, so maybe I am too.

Kyouhen
2009-06-26, 11:44 PM
But... But... :smallfrown:

happyturtle
2009-06-26, 11:55 PM
Kyouhen is dying early a lot lately. :smallfrown:

I blame Uncle Festy.

Murska
2009-06-27, 12:08 AM
Yeah, we'll be kind and give Festy time for the narration.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-27, 12:15 AM
Wait.... I didn'ty vote? :eek:

Murska, why didn't you tell me?

The Bushranger
2009-06-27, 06:54 AM
Murska. You know he's a wolf! :smalltongue:

Uncle Festy

GAThraawn
2009-06-27, 07:26 AM
Incorporeal, for not voting yesterday.

Allysian
2009-06-27, 08:04 AM
Uncle Festy, cause i'm not good at following....stuff.

EagleWiz
2009-06-27, 10:38 AM
Uncle Festy for the evilulz

Opeth_Freak
2009-06-27, 11:17 AM
happyturtle, because I don't like bandwagons :P

Blue Ghost
2009-06-27, 11:43 AM
Uncle Festy. Is a reason required?

Recaiden
2009-06-27, 02:00 PM
No, we all know why Uncle Festy is going to die.

Incorporeal
2009-06-27, 05:38 PM
Incorporeal, for not voting yesterday.

Hey! I said I didn't find the thread until N1! :smallmad:

Anyway, I am somewhat suspicious of how fast this bandwagon popped up, but I may simply be new here.

I don't feel like pointing at Uncle Festy, partially because I don't know why he's going to die, and I also don't feel like pointing at GAThrawwn because he pointed at me...

happyturtle.

billtodamax
2009-06-27, 08:02 PM
I suspect both house shenanigans and people lynching him for not updating KAOS III

Oddity
2009-06-27, 11:16 PM
The rather gullible old man follows the cart into the center of town.
He has no idea that this particular march is aimed towards rallying support for the lynching of one Uncle Festy
He proceeds to stroll after the wagon while enjoying Smart Start.

Uncle Festy
2009-06-27, 11:34 PM
If you guys lynch me here to "help" me write the scene, I'll never finish it! So there! *pout*
>.>
But srsly, are we really doing this? This is the game that was inspired by Ravnica! I don't wanna die here! :smallfrown:

Kyouhen
2009-06-27, 11:36 PM
If you guys lynch me here to "help" me write the scene, I'll never finish it! So there! *pout*
>.>
But srsly, are we really doing this? This is the game that was inspired by Ravnica! I don't wanna die here! :smallfrown:

That makes two of us. OH WAIT! :smallannoyed:

Murska
2009-06-27, 11:50 PM
Hmm. The Bookworm, since Festy asked nicely over MSN.

MOD
2009-06-28, 02:17 AM
Blue ghost said nothing to indicate a good reason to vote for him. So he gets my vote.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-28, 09:12 AM
I don't like worms, so Bookworm gets my vote.

Plus, I want Festy to finish writing, and if we lynch him and he refuses, my life will always feel incomplete. :smallfrown:

Alarra
2009-06-28, 10:38 AM
Uncle Festy

Uncle Festy
2009-06-28, 12:23 PM
Bookworm in hopes of saving my arse. :smallsigh:

Incorporeal
2009-06-28, 12:30 PM
Wait, the day hasn't ended yet? :smallconfused:

happyturtle
2009-06-28, 12:37 PM
The Bookworm, because Festy is so cute when he pleads for his unlife.

Jontom Xire
2009-06-28, 01:21 PM
Ah bugger!

I was starting to enjoy this game.

And I think I know EXACTLY who gave me away and I will have my revenge.

Incorporeal
2009-06-28, 01:31 PM
The Bookworm.

Because Uncle Festy asked me to.

Recaiden
2009-06-28, 11:19 PM
The Bookworm. Because I have a better tangential reason there.

Oddity
2009-06-29, 12:05 AM
Realizing what he is doing, the old man promptly turns around and follows a new wagon.
"I like the people following this one so much better."
If only the old man could learn to stop following random groups of people.
The Bookworm is the unlucky sod this time.

Jontom Xire
2009-06-29, 02:13 AM
I think the thing that is most wrong with this game is that for the 5 houses it's much much easier to lose than win. You have two people in a network and only need one of those two people to die to lose.

For a game that's supposed to be about political intrigue, the lord of the house really cannot afford to risk himself the way I did or what happened to me might happen to him too. And once I'm dead it's game over, total game lost, not only for me, but for my bodyguard and all commoners of my house too.

But if the lord of the house, and to a degree the bodyguard too, cannot risk themselves in political intrigue then no-one will do any political intrigue (much, to speak of) and the game becomes dull.

In Ravnica there were 5 or 6 people in each team. That meant there was information you could afford to give away because if a gambit didn't pay off, sure someone got killed, but the team wouldn't instantly lose and still might win the game in the end.

I think the commoners of a house need to start in contact with their lord at least.

It's a bit like paranoia. If you don't know anyone else in your secret society then you're a bit stuffed. I've done almost nothing all game in that game because there is nothing I can do. I have no way to find others in my society without risking myself completely and the chances that I'll get myself killed to no gain are much much higher than the chances that I'll achieve anything.

Uncle Festy
2009-06-29, 02:30 AM
In Ravnica there were 5 or 6 people in each team.

Four.
>.>
<.<

Shadowcaller
2009-06-29, 06:20 AM
Incorporeal...

The Bushranger
2009-06-29, 08:23 AM
Shadowcaller, for being TPAM!

Alarra
2009-06-29, 10:17 AM
Hey, Goof is in the hospital following some diabetes complications while he was at the JC meetup and is humbly requesting that he not be autolynched. Thanks!

Blue Ghost
2009-06-29, 01:22 PM
Since Uncle Festy asked so nicely, and I have no real reason to target him anyway, I'm going to random point at Shadowcaller.

Lizard Lord
2009-06-29, 03:47 PM
I have been gone all weekend, I expected to have more internet access, but oh well. I will try to catch up later. In the mean time I will point at: Bookworm

Wreckingrocc
2009-06-29, 10:29 PM
Wow, totally tuned out here.

Day ends. Votes will be tallied shortly.

People who did not vote today: Fleeing Coward, Kuma Da, Kaboose, Pondshadow, Selrahc, Supagoof (Excused), O2youeng, PirateMonk

Anyone on the above list who does not vote tomorrow (save for Supagoof) will be autolynched.

Lynch Consensus: The Bookworm

___

The town is again gathered in the center, and a group soon begins to form, chanting. Many of the chanters do not know what they're chanting about, but joined in because it looked fun. After several moments, the mob surrounds The Bookworm.

"W-why me? I'm just a common villager!" The bookworm shouts. "L-lynch Uncle Festy instead!"

"I think he's telling the truth," several others say. "Lynch Uncle Festy!"

The crowd turns to Uncle Festy then.

"But... I don't wanna die...?" Uncle Festy inquires, hoping to sway the town's views.

"LYNCH THE BOOKWORM!" They begin to chant again, satisfied.

The town clears out of the village center, leaving the body in the center. The Bookworm remains, dangling, his face spattered by tears of fear.

The Bookworm has been lynched. He was a Villager.

Night 2 Begins and Will end in 24 hours (at Midnight EST on Tuesday.

billtodamax
2009-06-29, 10:51 PM
Tee hee. That was a great narration.

Uncle Festy
2009-06-29, 11:17 PM
WOOO! :smallbiggrin:
Nice narration.

The Bookworm
2009-06-30, 07:10 AM
I = Dead!
My best death narration yet, though.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-30, 07:23 AM
*chuckles*
Cute. Sorry, Wormy.

Wreckingrocc
2009-07-01, 12:49 AM
Night 2 Ends. Narration up Shortly.

Wreckingrocc
2009-07-01, 12:54 AM
The town gathers the next day around a trash can, the scene of a crime. It would seem that the victim had been stuffed inside after being decimated by a deadly virus. She'd clearly been in containment for years. But all the villagers had the same thing on their minds: Who the hell is brave enough to do this? Whoever the killer is, they must have had quite the gut, as well as quite the skill.

Whoever they are, they had killed a mod.

Alarra was killed by the Serial Killer. She was a commoner.

Day 3 Begins and will end as soon as Conbar or I can update.
I'm leaving to go up north tomorrow, and may or may not have internet; if I have it, I'll update at noon on Friday. If not, the update may take a while to come. I really hope Conbar returns.

billtodamax
2009-07-01, 12:56 AM
Incorporeal

Dirk Kris
2009-07-01, 08:18 AM
Funny you should say that, billtodamax, because someone who is now dead told me they heard you were a killer.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-01, 08:25 AM
billtodamax is a killer?

Kuma Da
2009-07-01, 09:53 AM
Funny how rumors fly, dirk kris.

Selrahc
2009-07-01, 10:56 AM
Uncle Festy escaped yesterday. I think maybe that was unlucky...

Blue Ghost
2009-07-01, 12:08 PM
No new leads, so I'll point at billtodamax. If he is a killer, we'll need him out of the way.

Kuma Da
2009-07-01, 01:22 PM
*sigh* He's not the killer. I tentatively suspect Dirk for that, because his claim is impossible to check and it's good obfuscation, but I don't have anything with which to prove that. I do have testimony from a scryer (or someone claiming to be one) that he's a named character, so you might want to get someone to check his house/inquisitor/golden sun allegiance before you lynch him.

PirateMonk
2009-07-01, 01:32 PM
For a game that's supposed to be about political intrigue, the lord of the house really cannot afford to risk himself the way I did or what happened to me might happen to him too. And once I'm dead it's game over, total game lost, not only for me, but for my bodyguard and all commoners of my house too.

Actually, judging by the rules, though it makes little narrative sense, it doesn't matter if everyone in your house dies, you still win if the two dukes you oppose die.

The Bushranger
2009-07-01, 01:58 PM
Dirk Kris.

MOD
2009-07-01, 02:08 PM
Kuma Da Invisible Text FTW!

Wreckingrocc
2009-07-01, 02:38 PM
Actually, judging by the rules, though it makes little narrative sense, it doesn't matter if everyone in your house dies, you still win if the two dukes you oppose die.Well, I'm gonna say that, upon an entire group's death, they are barred from winning, with the one exception being the Squeamish Sadist.

Sorry.

Also, dead men shouldn't be able to send messages. If they were the scrier, I wouldn't send them a report on the night they die, but it's still just plain unfair. If the Scrier for the Golden Sun or Inquisitors dies, then the Head and Assistant could simply contact them and ask for the previous nights' scries- thereby killing the point of the separation.

Murska
2009-07-01, 04:43 PM
billtodamax. Yeah.

Shadowcaller
2009-07-01, 04:48 PM
billtodamax sounds good.

billtodamax
2009-07-01, 05:44 PM
I'm not the killer, guys. I'm guessing whoever it was that was the proxy was a fool proxy, Dirk.

Murska
2009-07-01, 06:04 PM
Bill asked nicely. Dirk Kris.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-01, 07:03 PM
Keeping my end of the bargain. Dirk Kris.

Allysian
2009-07-01, 07:05 PM
Dirk necromancy is evil.....yah.
Yah. I went there.

Darkcomet
2009-07-01, 07:35 PM
Eh. Dirk Kris.

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-01, 08:18 PM
Allright, let's try this. Dirk Kris

Uncle Festy
2009-07-01, 09:24 PM
Kuma Da, for being so sure that Bill isn't a killer. I mean, really now?

Oddity
2009-07-02, 04:35 AM
The old man stumbles upon a very savage looking Dirk Kris "P P P Pl Ple Please D Don't H H H Hurt Me." The savage man simply looks at him at shrugs on past. Clutching his heart the old man tries to calm his nerves. "That man is up to something."

First to make an accusation of Serial Killer.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-02, 08:22 AM
OK, whoa whoa whoa. Maybe my friend was wrong, but I just thought the coincidence was too strong to ignore. Guys, you do NOT want to lynch me. And if someone wants to give me a better target, I'm glad to do so.

EagleWiz
2009-07-02, 04:25 PM
Dirk Kris is a better target.

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 06:09 PM
Guys, as much as I'm glad that you're no longer lynching me, can we not lynch Dirk today? Maybe Uncle Festy instead?

Recaiden
2009-07-02, 06:24 PM
Yeah, let's lynch billtodamax! instead.

Uncle Festy
2009-07-02, 06:37 PM
Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!
((For suggesting we lynch me! :smallannoyed:))

Lizard Lord
2009-07-03, 04:16 AM
Hey Bill whats up?

billtodamax
2009-07-03, 04:47 AM
Sorry Dirk, sudden influx of votes means I need to change.

Allysian
2009-07-03, 07:07 AM
Wow Bill, that's not suspicious.

Incorporeal
2009-07-03, 08:57 AM
Throughout the day, there was one man who was missing. One man who hadn't arrived. Some people were trying to cast suspicion on him, but soon the discussion was shifted to other people.

Then suddenly, he entered.

There was no fanfare or flashing lights when he entered, for he just strode through the crowd silently, watching everyone. But suddenly, he noticed a large gathering of the crowd in the center.

"What the..." he says, trying to figure out what's going on. He asks someone walking nearby what's going on, she says that Dirk Kris said that someone told him that billtodamax was killing in the night, but some people weren't believing him.

"Well, let's look at the arguments, then. Dirk Kris is accused of his proxy being incorrect, and billtodamax is accused of being a killer. Which of the two accusations suggests one to be lynched more? I believe the answer is obvious. If bill isn't a killer, then Dirk Kris's proxy is wrong, not him, and he's likely to be innocent himself. If, however, Dirk Kris's proxy was right, then billtodamax is a killer, and we should lynch him. If we Dirk Kris's proxy was lying, then we won't ever know who that proxy was by lynching him. Lynch billtodamax, and we shall get more information!" he says, throwing something at billtodamax which stings a little, and then walking away to leave the town pondering on what he had just said and it's value.

GAThraawn
2009-07-03, 12:26 PM
Dirk Kris on the basis of shaky sounding logic.

Incorporeal
2009-07-03, 03:22 PM
Is that my logic? :smallconfused:

If so, please tell me what's shaky about it, so I can clarify/fix. It might have some holes in it which I didn't spot, and those holes allow ants to crawl through and harass me while I'm writing a post. And then because of the distraction, I create logic with more holes in it, making the loop continue. :smallannoyed:

Lex-Kat
2009-07-03, 05:52 PM
Lizard Lord :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2009-07-03, 05:58 PM
Wow Bill, that's not suspicious.

Um, what?

I change my point from Dirk because he PMs me saying that he really doesn't want to die, so I try and change the bandwagon off of him, then get voted for 4 times in a row. I'm going to change my point back to try and keep myself alive.

The Bushranger
2009-07-05, 10:05 AM
Billtodamax

Lex-Kat
2009-07-05, 04:25 PM
Hmmmm. Seems kinda dirty to ask someone to change their vote to save you, then help to lynch that same person, Dirk Kris.
And Billtodamax asked me to.

Recaiden
2009-07-05, 04:49 PM
Eh, Kuma Da.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-06, 07:32 AM
I will happily change my vote from Bill as soon as doing so doesn't mean I'll die. :smallfrown:

Supagoof
2009-07-06, 10:09 AM
What if it makes no difference in whether or not you die, like if you take a great lead in the lynch race? Will you change it then?

Kuma De :smalltongue:

I might have voted for Bill, but pushing someone underwater to keep yourself from drowning is IMO, mean funny. :smallamused:

Incorporeal
2009-07-06, 12:02 PM
Is that the case? Or is it just a hypothetical? I'm not sure entirely what you're getting at, so I would like clarification please. :smallconfused:

Uncle Festy
2009-07-06, 05:09 PM
Ok.
Bill and Dirk both asked nicely, so… Kuma Da.
Hopefully we can send the bandwagon that way and everyone will be happy!
… except Kuma Da. But I'm still suspicious of him anyways.

Lizard Lord
2009-07-06, 10:07 PM
What's that random person? Kuma Da you say? why not? Lets go say hi to him.

Allysian
2009-07-07, 06:30 AM
I don't want to lynch Dirk or Bill, so Kuma Da. Sorryyyyyyyyy...:smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-07-07, 07:02 AM
Sorry about that, Bill. Hope it's not too late to turn it around. As a show of good faith, Kuma Da.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-07, 07:04 AM
This has got to be a contender for longest day ever :smalltongue:

Kuma Da
2009-07-07, 10:05 AM
sheesh. what's suspicious about me? :smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2009-07-07, 10:27 AM
Kuma Da, for being so sure that Bill isn't a killer. I mean, really now?

>.> .

Allysian
2009-07-07, 05:16 PM
sheesh. what's suspicious about me? :smallbiggrin:

This: ":smallbiggrin:"....yeah.

Oddity
2009-07-07, 05:52 PM
The Old man looks utterly confused in the middle of an angry crowd.
"I, er" "umm" "could someb" "Hel" "ARGH"
He manages to yell at a capacity far beyond his stature.
"Kuma Da!"
The square falls silent for a moment, just a moment, everyone then resumes their conversations, not caring what this old man says.

happyturtle
2009-07-07, 11:04 PM
Allysian....

Oddity
2009-07-08, 09:12 AM
The old man rethinks his dilemma.
The savage man did seem quite savage.
He seems like he cannot be trusted.
Dirk Kris (someone asked me to)

Incorporeal
2009-07-08, 04:46 PM
Hm...

Well if Oddity gets to rethink things, I get to too.

The bandwagons kinda came out of nowhere. Neither of the sides in the bandwagon seems to want to lynch the other. It seems ill fitting that either of them should die given that they both expressed that they didn't want to kill each other.

Kuma Da, on the other hand, seems to have been acting suspiciously, as was said in previous posts. These actions of him could be explainable, but he has as of yet not explained them.

Therefor, I shall point Kuma Da.

His ":smallbiggrin:" could be explained by that he simply did not believe this bandwagon would amount to much.

Now, if it does amount to something, what will he do? :smallsmile:

Dirk Kris
2009-07-08, 05:43 PM
Since it looks like I am going to be lynched, let me just tell everyone to look out for Oddity. You'll trust me after I'm dead.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 06:43 PM
And now to Oddity. Sheesh. I'm starting to feel like Kyouhen. :smalltongue:

Wreckingrocc
2009-07-10, 12:02 PM
Day 3 Ends.

The mobs of the day are beginning to form together, and the conflict is getting quite violent. The three parties, for lynching billtodamax, Kuma Da, and Dirk Kris, begin to fight it out.

However, the mob of Dirk Kris quickly begins to grow, for reasons clearly underlying in subtle negotiations. As the mob converges upon Dirk Kris, something becomes clear to many individual observers.

"Kaboose, pondshadow, and O2youeng are all missing!" One man shouts. "Probably out plotting or stealing! We agreed upon our terms, and they have violated it! We must go and find them!"

The town shouts in approval. "AYE!"

They leave Dirk Kris hanging in his noose. Several pieces of paper, as well as spyglasses, binoculars, and other strange gear fall from his pockets. All bears the insignia of the Inquisitors.

The mob runs through the streets, systematically looking for the three missing townspeople. It soon becomes clear what has happened. O2youeng is found dead outside his house. A piece of Green cloth, as well as a bright gray lining, is found on the man's body, cut from robes. Only one house bears these robes: Grandor.

"Couldn't they be framed?" One man shouts.

"Eh." The entirety of the mob simultaneously shrugs.

The mob charges to the house of Grandor, and begins pounding on its doors. After searching the surrounding area, Kaboose and pondshadow are found hiding in the courtyard. The mob converges upon them. All that is left from the chaos are shreds of the robes.

Dirk Kris was lynched. He was Inspector Caethus of the Inquisitors.
Kaboose was autolynched. He was Duke Grandor.
pondshadow was autolynched. He was Lady Raen of House Grandor.
O2youeng was autolynched. He was a commoner.
PirateMonk was autolynched. He was a commoner.

House Peliphines (Blue Ghost and EagleWiz) Wins.
Serial Killer (Oddity) Wins.
The Commoner supporting House Peliphines (Murksa) Wins.

I think this is sufficient for a game over. I might've let the Inquisitors and Golden Sun duke it out, but it's been thrown totally out of whack. The houses are now pretty much done, since I doubt any of them would want to continue playing, and that would leave only a few people to continue play. It was kinda thrown out of whack by Conbar's disappearance, as well as the autolynch victory. The funny thing is, House Peliphines really didn't do anything to win. They survived, I suppose, but... :smalltongue:

Spreadsheet of Roles and Actions (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rGWMDhdMkdUKgWiOWBgZIRQ)

Any comments, suggestions, or complaints would be greatly appreciated. I feel like this game could have worked, but the absences and random disappearances of Conbar, as well as the four autolynches on the last day, totally threw the game out of whack. I had several days where I took a very long time to update, but this last day would've ended anyways, so the game result was not changed as a result of this two week hiatus.

I didn't really get to observe much interaction between the houses; did that actually happen? I was hoping there would be a few instances of the Inquisitors and Houses, or the Golden Sun and the houses, interacting to meet both their needs. Does anyone have any suggestions to further these opportunities?

Darkcomet
2009-07-10, 12:19 PM

:furious:

Murska
2009-07-10, 12:19 PM
Hey! I got Jontom Xire killed. Technically I'm not a part of the House Peliphines but...

Blue Ghost
2009-07-10, 12:20 PM
Murska? You were telling the truth about being Peliphines after all? And all along I thought you were the thief or something. Oh well, no harm done, we still won. But I'm still not trusting you in the future.

EDIT: How did you get JX killed, you rascal? More sneaky manipulation of yours?

Darkcomet
2009-07-10, 12:23 PM
Fracking autolynches. :smallannoyed:

I'm Sir Kael. House Atior was on the verge of winning... One claiming to be one of our commoners approached us (Opeth Freak), and we were planning to try to flush out Duke Brevia by offering the Veil of Lordaetes to anyone who would give it out, since I was under the impression the game would not end until the Inquisitors/GS war had finished.

By the way, yes, I killed Jontom Xire. Murska ratted him out to us.

Murska
2009-07-10, 12:23 PM
Murska? You were telling the truth about being Peliphines after all? And all along I thought you were the thief or something. Oh well, no harm done, we still won. But I'm still not trusting you in the future.

EDIT: How did you get JX killed, you rascal? More sneaky manipulation of yours?

I told DC and Happyturtle that he was an enemy of theirs. No lying done.

JX trusted me with his role because I claimed Lordaetes commoner to him... because I forgot which house I actually WAS in. :smallbiggrin:

So yeah, mostly luck.

The Bookworm
2009-07-10, 12:40 PM
I'm sad. That game had potential to be a lot of fun, but Conbar disappeared and wrecked it. Maybe try again later?

Darkcomet
2009-07-10, 12:41 PM
Please. I feel oh so very cheated right now...

So damn close.... :smallsigh::smallmad:

happyturtle
2009-07-10, 12:46 PM
Wow. A game ending because of autolynching is pretty... blah. :smallyuk:

MOD
2009-07-10, 01:29 PM
Damn thats a sucky way for this game to end. Oh well congratz to those that won.

Recaiden
2009-07-10, 02:17 PM
:sigh: What the heck? I've never seen a game end anything like this.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-10, 02:25 PM
Damn, I definately didn't expect the game to end like this...
Had finally gotten into contact with our seers and were planning on killing Uncle Festy tonight...

Incorporeal
2009-07-10, 03:10 PM
And to think, I thought we were winning when Lizard Lord targetted Dirk Kris, who turned out to be an Inspector, and then instead of killing him, we learned of him... ah well.

One thing I didn't like is that while in that group, I felt no need to take any risks, as the Inquisitors that I needed to know were all known, and albeit my role was somewhat useless at the given time, I figured the game would last long enough for us to get an artifact.

Turns out I was wrong. :smalltongue:

Night 2, Oddity contacted Uncle Festy, saying that he was going to kill him, unless he provided with another possibility. We decided on alarra, because I was suspicious of her for posting just a single vote that day. We had some other possible targets, but we figured that Alarra was the easiest person to point him at without making him suspect things, and being in his best interest. We were planning to kill him when Lizard Lord got to kill someone again.

Fleeing Coward sent me a PM asking me if I was involved in Golden Sun vs. Inquisitors, saying he could shed some light on the situation. This kinda confirmed that he was Golden Sun in my eye. If I recall correctly, Murska had told someone in the group that he was Golden Sun, or something. Maybe someone else, I forget. Anyway...

Dirk Kris never received information from a proxy about billtodamax. He just said he did. Ironically, billtodamax was actually golden sun.

Has anyone ever thought about, on the first night, one of the seers scries the other? On a recent night, Uncle Festy scried Lizard Lord and got an Inquisitor result, and also Dirk Kris scried Happyturtle and got brevia, IIRC. So then we knew that Uncle was normal, and Dirk was inverse. I was hoping we would kill happyturtle sometime, hopefully getting the wand.

This is all what I can remember. If anyone can remember something about these events which I had mistaken, please say so.

Allysian
2009-07-10, 05:00 PM
Yucky. This is just yucky. :smallannoyed: And I couldv'e had so much fun! Yucky.

Uncle Festy
2009-07-10, 05:04 PM
Phooey.
Oh well.
I should probably boot up Ravnica now, since this crashed in a flaming heap, but I need to finish Kaos first. :smallsigh:

Wreckingrocc
2009-07-10, 05:49 PM
Yeah. Those interactions sound hilarious; It's a shame the game had to end this way. I'll set up another for a later date; if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be open to them. I'd also like feedback on the power balance. Here are my observations:

1. The Squeamish Sadist seems, in PbP werewolf games, to just come down to luck. There's not much they can do to argue for or against anything, and they really just have to get lucky.
2. The Serial Killer just has to persuade the others that he's the serial killer, and he'll be set. However, this can be undone by someone else claiming to be the serial killer. If scried by enemies, this suspicion would be confirmed; if scried by allies, they would opt not to kill you. Neutrals would probably see it pointless to out themselves if only to out you, and could work out deals.
3. The house feud and golden sun-inquisitors wars seemed rather disconnected. Incorporeal- you said you wanted to kill the Duke Atior for your wand; but that's really setting you back a kill as well. Perhaps the Golden Sun or Inquisitors could get some incentive for killing houses or protecting them; it could imbalance the even power distribution of the feud, but add some cool mechanics.
4. Some artifacts, like the Spyglass, seem totally underpowered. On the other hand, others, like the Orb, seem totally overpowered. I tried to balance this with the cooldown, but it still seemed kinda tipped. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing it? Perhaps some grant multiple small abilities?

Darkcomet
2009-07-10, 05:55 PM
I thought the Wand of Atior was overpowered next to the Armor of Grandor, myself. It's basically a super-bane, whereas the Armor is just a bane.

Anyway, I pretty much posted everyone I was talking to already.

And I honestly thought House Atior had a guaranteed victory or a guaranteed death, given the reputations of the two of us...

Uncle Festy
2009-07-10, 06:51 PM
Hum.
Well actually we were planning on killing Oddity tonight (I wanted to work with him, but LL didn't feel comfortable trusting him), so I dunno.

Oddity
2009-07-11, 02:17 AM
It makes me feel sad that you would use me only to plan on killing me :smallsmile:
I was messaged by all three sides to vote against the others (billtodamax, Dirk Kris and Fleeing Coward (in defence of Kuma Da))
Dirk Kris threatened to expose me
billtodamax just asked me to vote for Dirk
Fleeing Coward threatened to get his Golden sun buddies to kill me if I didn't vote for Dirk Kris

I chose Dirk as I figured it wouldn't matter if I was discovered.

Did anyone pick up on my (subtle) references to cereal in my early posts? :smallamused:

BTW:
I'm sorry I was not able to convince Kaboose to return to the game. :smallfrown:
(I know him in real life, he got me into this game)
I worked out an agreement with him as soon as the game started to find out who he was so that we could work together/slug it out.
I could have ended the game night one but I thought that maybe somehow it would carry on if he was autolynched (and winning that way seemed too easy).
He remained adamant that he was not returning, partly because he was annoyed at Conbar and also because he had finally gotten a Playstation 3.

Again, sorry, this ending was not the glorious type.

billtodamax
2009-07-16, 02:32 AM
Well, I was scrier with Kuma Da, and FC and someone else were our killers. I don't think FC ever told me who was the other one.