PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Knight Stalker (and Daunting Strike)

quick_comment
2009-06-14, 11:28 PM
Does the shaken condition from daunting strike stack with itself?

Second, I am trying to make a ruby knight vindicator actually focusing on stealth, making use of stalker in the night.

Other than than invisibility and darkstalker, are there any other good stealth tricks?

RTGoodman
2009-06-14, 11:31 PM
Does the shaken condition from daunting strike stack with itself?

In general, identical effects from the same source don't stack - they overlap. Unless there's something specific about daunting strike that would change that, the enemy in question would be shaken, but the duration would be determined from the most recent use.

AslanCross
2009-06-15, 03:48 AM
The cleric spell iron silence (SC) allows you to ignore the Move Silently ACP. I know the RKV's Armored Stealth only ignores the Hide penalty. The spell lasts for hours too, so you won't have problems preparing it multiple times. One should be enough for a hit.

quick_comment
2009-06-15, 07:55 AM
What feats are there to get hide as a class skill?

OMG PONIES
2009-06-15, 07:58 AM
I don't know about feats, but the Trickery Domain will give you Hide (as well as Bluff and Disguise) as class skills. It's probably not worth tying up a cleric domain, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

quick_comment
2009-06-15, 08:06 AM
I don't know about feats, but the Trickery Domain will give you Hide (as well as Bluff and Disguise) as class skills. It's probably not worth tying up a cleric domain, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

I cant get trickery - RKV requires devotion to wee jas who only has mind, magic, domination and death.

Dacia Brabant
2009-06-15, 08:57 AM
I cant get trickery - RKV requires devotion to wee jas who only has mind, magic, domination and death.

Eh, generic roleplaying requirements like that can always be changed to reflect the character you want to play. Maybe your order of RKVs was organized by the Church of Vecna to hunt down thieves who stole from the church or to find and secure treasures for it, always acting from the shadows.

Or you could always grab Martial Study: Shadow Hand before entering the class, that's how one of my characters met the Hide requirement as I recall.

And I would think if you hit someone with Daunting Strike who's already shaken for whatever reason they would become frightened (and panicked if they're already frightened), since Fear effects are cumulative. It's like that tactic where you hit the same target with two Rays of Exhaustion, even if they save against the first one and are only fatigued, they'll still be exhausted after the second whether they save or not because fatigue is cumulative. Wouldn't it work the same way?