PDA

View Full Version : O-chul's shoes?

Darius1020
2009-06-15, 11:01 PM
Why did Redcloak let O-chul keep his shoes? I mean, if i was an evil dictator, who was keeping a powerful enemy to torture, i would take away his shoes, so that in the off chance he escapes, he won't run as well. Like in Die Hard, when they shot all the glass, since McClain didn't have shoes, and he had to run barefoot through broken glass and gunfire.

I'll be honest, half of the reason i made this topic was to make a Die Hard reference...

Mystic Muse
2009-06-15, 11:08 PM
maybe redcloak didn't care about the shoes?

Hacktor
2009-06-15, 11:09 PM
:Clothes maketh the man: in this case :D clothes define the character's visual... he would have looked worse without his shoes :D

It is a comic by the way :P

Ninjamuffin
2009-06-15, 11:11 PM
Obviously, O-Chul has MegaMan boots; They're directly connected to his legs.

shadzar
2009-06-15, 11:24 PM
He didn't figure O'Chul would use his laces to kill himself, so no need to spread the foot fungus in the thrown room.

I mean could you imagine a lich with vegypymgies and myconids growing off him? :smalleek:

DBJack
2009-06-16, 12:41 AM
A large number of characters don't wear shoes. It's one of the visual things to keep him 'different' enough to be recognized. Besides his scars, I guess

Tempest Fennac
2009-06-16, 12:51 AM
I remember someone mentioning that, in War and Exps., Rich commented that the Saphire Guard equipment only has magical properties and that they cease to be blue when a non-Paladin is wearing them, which is why Miko's equipment turned beige (from this perspective it would make sense for RC to have taken O-Chul's boots).

SPoD
2009-06-16, 12:53 AM
Because he wouldn't look badass enough with skinny little stick feet.

Hexen_Hase
2009-06-16, 12:59 AM
I propose that it is because his feet had an odor too repulsive to Redcloak. Yes, even more repulsive than the rotting corpses he tends to hang around with much of the time.

derfenrirwolv
2009-06-16, 01:57 AM
Because azure city paladins sanctify the ground they walk on, and redcloak walks around bare footed. If O'chul were to be barefoot the entire area would hurt redcloak to walk on.

Don't get me started on the protections redcloak had to put in place for the latrine

Bayar
2009-06-16, 02:02 AM
I remember someone mentioning that, in War and Exps., Rich commented that the Saphire Guard equipment only has magical properties and that they cease to be blue when a non-Paladin is wearing them, which is why Miko's equipment turned beige (from this perspective it would make sense for RC to have taken O-Chul's boots).

So Redcloak needed to know if O-Chul ever fell, you know, because he lied or something...

Tempest Fennac
2009-06-16, 02:09 AM
Would RC have known about the colour change, though? I was guessing he'd have used Detect Magic on all of O-Chul's items to see if they were enchanted, and there's no evidence that he figured out why Miko's outfit was suddenly beige. (I was just mentioning the colour thing due to it being evidence that we have regarding the boots being magic.)

TheGrimace
2009-06-16, 02:25 AM
So Redcloak needed to know if O-Chul ever fell, you know, because he lied or something...

This is something that I consider absolutely ridiculous, and yet very full of win. Clever thinking Bayer.

shadowxknight
2009-06-16, 02:30 AM
I agree with the guy who proposed the feet odor theory.
It must be pretty bad if a goblin can't stand it :smalleek:

evileeyore
2009-06-16, 03:18 AM
Why did Redcloak let O-chul keep his shoes? I mean, if i was an evil dictator, who was keeping a powerful enemy to torture, i would take away his shoes, so that in the off chance he escapes, he won't run as well. Like in Die Hard, when they shot all the glass, since McClain didn't have shoes, and he had to run barefoot through broken glass and gunfire.

OMG! Haven't you ever seen that movie?!?! There is no way Redcloak wants to die that badly. It would have only provoked O-Chull to escape in some outlandishly painful manner killing every single terrorist Hobgoblin in the process and then destroy Redcloak in a final climactic battle! :smallbiggrin:

:smallwink:
O-Chull isn't a Chuck Norris twin, he's a John McClane twin... the more you hurt him, the more he will hurt you right back when the tables turn...

Haven
2009-06-16, 03:37 AM
Obviously, O-Chul has MegaMan boots; They're directly connected to his legs.

This has to be correct. I will not accept a universe where this isn't the right answer.

Starscream
2009-06-16, 03:49 AM
I propose that it is because his feet had an odor too repulsive to Redcloak.

Yeah, can you imagine how sweaty the feet of someone as manly as O-Chul would be?

Linkavitch
2009-06-16, 09:37 AM
This has to be correct. I will not accept a universe where this isn't the right answer.

You reject everyone else's realities, and substitute your own!:smallbiggrin:

Thajocoth
2009-06-16, 02:21 PM
In many real-world prisons, your shoes are the one thing you get to keep. I just assumed that was why.

Pogogoblin
2009-06-17, 06:35 PM
Well, the goblins don't wear shoes,
so they might assume that his shoes are
just part of his feet.

or, they just failed a spot check and can't see them.

go figger.

Dixieboy
2009-06-17, 08:42 PM
Because he wouldn't look badass enough with skinny little stick feet.

Are you somehow implying that revealing MORE of o-chul would make him LESS badass? :smallmad:

ericgrau
2009-06-17, 08:55 PM
O-Chul went along with this little charade but when RC came to take his shoes O-Chul gruffly said, "No, I want those." RC then cowered away from the shoes in fear. It went on for a while and O-Chul had a little fun but eventually he got bored and left :smalltongue:.

X2
2009-06-17, 08:58 PM

I'll be honest, half of the reason i made this topic was to make a Die Hard reference...

Wow... I mean... wow.

You have created the most frivolous thread I have ever seen!

Flickerdart
2009-06-17, 09:01 PM
Every single time Redcloak would bend down to get them, he would come within smiting distance of the +5 cojones.

Kish
2009-06-17, 09:04 PM
Did you really mean to conjure up the image of O-Chul smiting Redcloak with his testicles?

Darius1020
2009-06-17, 09:06 PM
Wow... I mean... wow.

Somehow, I doubt that, or at least there's definitally been more frivolus threads posted,

Did you really mean to conjure up the image of O-Chul smiting Redcloak with his testicles?

Oh THIS will end well...

theinsulabot
2009-06-17, 09:07 PM
Wow... I mean... wow.

doesnt even make my top 50

Dagren
2009-06-17, 10:03 PM
Every single time Redcloak would bend down to get them, he would come within smiting distance of the +5 cojones.:eek: Eep.

Crabs Magee
2009-06-18, 01:39 AM

Man that would look so cool in a signature...

Azura
2009-06-18, 01:56 AM
Then what are you waiting for? :smalltongue:

shadzar
2009-06-18, 02:07 AM

:smalleek: I know a barrel of salted pork could make a good improvised weapon, but what sort of damage does Ye Olde Bag of Tea do? :smallconfused:

evileeyore
2009-06-18, 03:12 AM

O-Chull does not have testicles in his shorts, he has a second pair of tiny fists...

Nah. Doesn't have the right ring.