PDA

View Full Version : Half-Warforged (template, PEACH)

InaVegt
2006-03-28, 12:26 PM
In the quiescent template somebody (don't remember who) compared it to a half-warforged, half-dwarf. so i thought i could create the rules

Half-Warforged
Half warforged is a template that can be added to any living creature except those with the living construct subtype
Size and type: Animals change to magical beasts, all recipients gain the constructed subtype.
Armor class: Half-Warforged gain Composite plating
Abilities: +2 con
Level adjustment: +1

Constructed subtype: +2 bonus on saves against poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition and energy drain. As constructed creatures Half-warforged can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as those that target constructs. If a Half-warforged is targeted by spells that heal constructs it provides only half their normal effects to a Half-warforged. The unusual physical constrution of a Half-warforged makes them vulnarable to certain spells and effects that normally don't affect living creatures. (as the warforged)

Composite plating: As the warforged.
Warforged components: For all effects related to race, a half-warforged is considered an Warforged.

Orion-the-G
2006-03-28, 01:16 PM
wait.. why do they have level adjustment? These are just some warforged stats, and some weaker versions of the warforged stats. Why do they need a level adj. when warforged doesn't? (supposedly)

And there is something roughly similar in theme to a half-warforged: the renegade mastercrafter, a human who replaces his body with construct parts.

InaVegt
2006-03-28, 01:20 PM
It's a template, not a race

Orion-the-G
2006-03-28, 01:22 PM
Sorry...lack of sleep makes my brain stupid

but I still don't know if it deserves a LA, this guy has all the cons of being a warforged and significantly fewer of the pros. but I need sleep before I know things good again.

Spuddly
2006-03-28, 01:28 PM
It seems underpowered to me, too. Maybe give it some resistances?

Nolfar
2006-03-28, 01:30 PM
Or simply +2 Con with no negitive. You are, after all, applying this to a race anyway, so balance here isn't so bad (especally as you're gaining a level for it).

InaVegt
2006-03-28, 01:35 PM
yeah, could remove the -2's

Edit: done

Jothki
2006-03-28, 02:38 PM
So how exactly does this work? As far as I can tell, it really doesn't make sense with the flavor of the Warforged.

InaVegt
2006-03-28, 03:39 PM
these are creatures wo had warforged parts added to them so they are a little bit like half-golems but with warforged parts instead of golem parts

CabbageTheif
2006-07-29, 01:44 AM
so, could a wizard with only half of a manuel on warforges create it onto himself?or would a half-warforged only be half-servant to a wizard?

Electric_Bard
2006-07-29, 01:47 PM
Or it could be a military thing. A trrop loses a limb/part of torso and gets the plating to keep him/her alive. (I owe this idea to I, Robot)

Jarl
2006-07-30, 03:01 AM
Or, like, if a Lich has a Blackguard/Sorceror as his apprentice and the Blackguard/Sorceror gets nearly killed by his former mentor... I dunno, maybe he falls into lava or something... then he could be reconstructed, that sort of thing.
This would go great with my campaign idea (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gaming;action=display;num=1153552122 ;start=20#20).

-And, on that note... "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technomancy."