PDA

View Full Version : I made meself a music video!

xanaphia
2009-06-17, 01:45 AM
After two late nights and three hours on a Sunday, I've finished another original music video! It can be seen here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3mAnI74AKo).

The bits with me walking around outside at night were friggin scary. I was alone in the house, and I kept on imagining some serial killer dressed like me coming, laughing his head off at the irony, and then killing me.

I had to make the whole thing connected to a power supply, my video camera has lost its battery.

Anyway, fun.

Jimorian
2009-06-17, 04:06 AM
Ha! Good job! :smallcool:

I'm particularly impressed with the video side of things, you got a lot of unique shots and edited them together really well. Keep it up!

llamamushroom
2009-06-17, 04:16 AM
Ok, if it wasn't for the fact that I hate Death Metal, I'd love it. You have a really nice voice, though your growl needs a bit of work (but then, I'm one to talk - my three attempts were dismal), and the white mask/shirt-splattered-with-blood shots could have done with more blood (well, blood substitute. What were you using? It looked good).

In any case, it's a good (not 'not-evil') song, and your editing was amazing. If only we'd had you when we were trying to make a movie in drama.

Fan
2009-06-17, 05:06 AM
Good, sans one very important nit pick.

White isn't a color.:smalltongue:

MR.PIXIE
2009-06-17, 11:23 AM
please tell me its not as bad as stewies was

Mr. Mud
2009-06-17, 11:31 AM
Good video editing, but you need to be louder... and the chorus would be better in a harsh shout or low growl :smalltongue:.

xanaphia has gained: A Metal Head's approval! :smalltongue:

Faulty
2009-06-17, 11:49 AM
Sorry to be a bit of a downer, but I thought your growling was pretty bad and could use major work, your singing was cheesily nasal, the music was average and the lyrics were silly, even by DM standards. Practice and you could go somewhere, but that all felt very unpolished, and not in that good garage rock/hardcore punk/death metal/etc. DIY way, but in that needs major work way. Also, yeah, white isn't a colour.

xanaphia
2009-06-18, 03:51 PM
I agree with Amesouers on all counts. I have been death growling for 6 months. I recorded the song at home five months ago, and only just made it a music video now.

The lyrics are horrendously silly. I am in real life an extremely happy, smiley, laughing person, so I just made up some random emo stuff. I wrote the whole song in a Japanese class.

I only really made it as a bit of a joke. I don't think it can be taken seriously.

I went around at school with little paper copies of the URL yesterday handing them out. Some comments I got:

"Extremely scary."

"He goes around with a knife and kills people and I felt scared."

"I hope he doesn't do that to me."

"Scary."

Exactly what I intended.

By the way, I recorded the whole thing in Garage Band, which is why some parts may sound kind of silly.

Faulty
2009-06-18, 03:53 PM
"He goes around with a knife and kills people and I felt scared."

Pft. Pansy.

xanaphia
2009-06-18, 03:56 PM
I tell you, I was alone in the house while I was making those bits, and it was like 8 pm, and I was feeling pretty scared, walking around with knives in the dark.

Jimorian
2009-06-18, 11:48 PM
Gonna hijack your thread (and bump it! Everybody go check out xanaphia's link NAO!) for a moment, since this isn't quite worth its own thread yet.

I posted a clip from the first episode of the local music TV show I talked about a long time ago.

Autumn Sky - "Where There's a Way" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMyyUUpCc7o) with a bit of interview to start it off.

Of course, I had a bit more help in making this than xanaphia did on his, and I only had to concentrate on the video part.

Just taped the 2nd episode, and when that one airs probably early next month, I'll be putting the full first episode with 9 song and lots of good interview stuff up on my channel there.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled praise of xanaphia's work. :smallsmile:

Susil
2009-06-19, 06:13 AM
I just get a pink bar saying the video is private....

Jimorian
2009-06-19, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'm getting that now, too. :smallconfused:

xanaphia
2009-06-19, 04:25 PM
Sorry, my mother tells me that footage of yourself going around killing people is not appropriate for the internet. She's probably correct. I may appeal at some point, which is why I made it private, but didn't remove it.

Also, this girl I like at school made an account for the sole purpose of calling me weird, strange, and creepy. Oh joy.

Faulty
2009-06-19, 04:47 PM
Also, this girl I like at school made an account for the sole purpose of calling me weird, strange, and creepy. Oh joy.

You brought it upon yourself, really.