PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Learning (Dread Necro Style)

JellyPooga
2009-06-17, 05:45 AM
I'm playing a 9th level Dread Necro in a coming game and need a decent spell for my first Advanced Learning. It's gained at 4th character level, so it's got to be a maximum of a 2nd level Spell and from the Necromancy school of either the Wizard/Sorcerer or Cleric list (which is really annoying in itself; the Druid list has some badass Necromancy...Infestation of Maggots comes to mind).

I'm also having second thoughts about my second Advanced Learning selection. I've chosen Clutch of Orcus because it's just so cool if you can get your target to consistantly fail his Fort save (which between the Cyst spells [-2 vs Necro spells] and Bestow Curse [another -4] shouldn't be too much of a problem...quite a lot of set-up involved but it is very cool!). It does, however, only work on humanoids. Whilst this isn't too much of a problem (from the looks of things, we might be spending a lot of city-time), it is very limiting. Having said that, I can have up to a 4th level spell for that (again Necromancy), so suggestions on that front would also be welcome.

Hmm...just had a thought; If you metamagic Clutch of Orcus, say Chain Spell, do you have to concentrate on the subject to maintain the effect, or just the spell? If the former, investing in a Rod of Metamagic: Chaining has just become a very tempting proposition...potentially unlimited paralysis of 9 targets at once...tasty...:smallamused:

BenTheJester
2009-06-17, 10:51 AM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2242.0