PDA

View Full Version : Help With Ideas

ReluctantReaper
2009-06-17, 07:23 PM
Currently I have been...forced you could say into running a session of 3.5 DnD every Thursday night and so far have improvised may way through the sessions so far and watched as the druid (Who is the normal dm until now) counters every single thing that I throw at him, not that I am complaining because I want everyone to have fun. I really just am not too good at coming up with a great story or ideas on my own because I like to bounce ideas of people. I was hoping I could get some tips and maybe a conversation started to help me.

The party consists of
elven druid level 3
elven ranger level 3
Dwarf monk level 3 with outrageous stats he has four 18's a 12 and a 8

The druid wants to go after a troll to get a belt and then enchant it with regeneration because he keeps getting knocked unconscious.

Wings of Peace
2009-06-17, 07:25 PM
Give him fast healing or very very constrained regen if you do. Regen turns -all- damage into non-combat damage meaning once a player finds a way (Or form) to get immunity to non-combat damage they are essentially immune to damage that does not bypass their regen.

Edit: Maybe finding the belt could be a story premise? Perhaps there is a band of trolls that is causing tension for villages making food sparse so to prevent the villages from fighting eac hother the player's need to find a way to drive off the band of trolls..

ReluctantReaper
2009-06-17, 07:35 PM
The druid wants to have like regen 1 but even with that as long as the belt is on him he technically cannot die, correct?

subject42
2009-06-17, 08:05 PM
The druid wants to have like regen 1 but even with that as long as the belt is on him he technically cannot die, correct?

Could you just give him a belt that applies the die hard feat while he's wearing it? It would keep him conscious without being too game breaking.

As far as ideas go, try picking one of your characters and remarking on his uncanny resemblance to a local fugitive. There's nothing like being chased by the city guard, freelance adventurers, and angry mobs of peasants with pointy sticks to make things interesting.

ReluctantReaper
2009-06-17, 08:07 PM
which book is the die hard feat located in. Also in the off chance i dont have it could you tell me what it does?

Eldariel
2009-06-17, 08:20 PM
which book is the die hard feat located in. Also in the off chance i dont have it could you tell me what it does?

It's in an arcane supplement called "Player's Handbook". Its supersecret workings could get me killed if I shared them, but luckily WoTC has published it online (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#diehard) so I don't need to hide the contents of Core-books from you.