PDA

View Full Version : What's the best trick you player's have ever pulled on the game world?

oxinabox
2009-06-17, 08:07 PM
What's the most cunning nasty or awe inspiring trick your PC's have ever done to the game world?

My players: a doppelganger sorcerer (Bluff master), and a eladrin Warlock (Thief).
the Doppelganger sold the thief as a captured princess to a efeeti who was on the hunt for noble slaves.
EDIT: at level 2 4e

ReluctantReaper
2009-06-17, 08:14 PM
one time i was a cleric and at first level i found a zombie and dominated it. I then went to the local graveyard and killed the groundskeeper. I then located a ghoul in a house nearby and useing him went to the farms located around the village and killed all the people there. I went back to the graveyard with the bodies and put them all in a tomb. The ghoul had killed around 10 of these people as well so there were a lot of ghouls. I sat on top of the tomb out of the way of the horde and then released the captured person i had to run to the village around 200 yards away. I then ordered the ghouls to unlock the door to the tomb and watched as my ghouls went and slaughtered a whole village.

I then ran to the nearest city conviced the cleric and a military band to come to the village to clear the ghouls out. I found a ghoul there in a house and dominated him. I gave him a wand and had him run in through the back where i had conviced the cleric and fighters that the people where hiding there. The ghouls all ran in through the front door. SO the ghoul got in through the back and snapped the wand releasing a massive magical power blow that collapsed the church killing everyone but the head cleric.

Greatest thing I have ever done

Berserk Monk
2009-06-17, 08:16 PM
I once met a king and asked for his autograph. Then, using some good forgery checks, I signed a few notes saying local merchants had to sell me items for free and charge it to the king.:smallbiggrin:

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-06-17, 08:17 PM
HAHAHAH! Were the citys people mad at you? Not like they could do anything, they don't have an army anymore!

ReluctantReaper
2009-06-17, 08:18 PM
well they wouldve been but they all died because i released my ghoul horde at like midnight so they were all asleep, it was great

Lord_Kimboat
2009-06-17, 08:24 PM
Best one I've seen is that the PCs learn that the Duke they have been protecting is about to be assassinated. They rush back and find him in the midst of a large group of people. Any of which could be the assassin.

Then the PCs come under arrow fire - some start firing back but the rogue/cleric starts rushing (double moving) straight toward the Duke.

This puzzled me as he was not one of the best fighters in the group and was more a crossbow sniper.

He gets to the duke and sees the other assassin coming for him and the Duke. He then uses his invisibility domain spell . . . on the Duke and tells him to run. Then turning to the assassin he explains that they have failed since even if they kill him (the cleric), they won't get the Duke and the other PCs are moving up.

The assassin surrendered.

SSGoW
2009-06-17, 08:25 PM
In a city of Baccus a PC bought dope (i thought he was just being well a teenager and thought it was "cool" >.> ) soo i let him buy some from a drug dealer (hey its a city of fricken baccus there would be atleast 10) but later when they ran into a new PC he lit it and used it as an attack >.> which gave everyone around him contact high (penalties out the ass)

thus it was named the mowie wowie bomb

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-06-17, 08:26 PM
well they wouldve been but they all died because i released my ghoul horde at like midnight so they were all asleep, it was great

Cause this is thriller...

Demons_eye
2009-06-17, 08:37 PM
My DM gave me an awesome point for training a wolf I knocked down to track a trail we could not other wise track.

Doc Roc
2009-06-17, 08:38 PM
Singularity bombed Neverwinter with my express permission.

oxinabox
2009-06-17, 09:04 PM
We were playing a 1 night dungeon crawl with 2 parties (evil and good) (separate dms)
and I was a teenage hound achellon (a mere 1200 years old) (using the racial class thing) everytime i did a battle cry the dm did a secret roll to tell if my voice broke (it was a semi-serious game)
many awesome things happened that night; 2 of which:
We see a black orb (that eliminates such evil I have to save against it harming me.) up on the ~20ft high ceiling it's obviously a trap.
I turn into a 12 ft tall Dire Beagle.
The halfling rouge climbs on to my back - can't reach.
The human factotum climbs on to my back and picks him up.
He easilly unscrews it from to roof.
Thus the answer to "How many PC's does it take to change a lightglobe?"

at the end of the night the good party meets up with the evil party and we have a battle royale.
One of the evil mage types players says: "I Look the Hound Archlon in the eye"
I'm like "I look right back".
The whole parties like "No no don't do that..."
He's like "Make a will save"
I roll: "you failed"
I'm like "I have spell resistance is it applicable? "
He rolls: "spell resistance Overcome; you are now under the effect of Dominate Humanoid"
-"No I'm not. I'm an outsider - not subject to effects that only work on humanoids"
he's like Damn.

Brom
2009-06-17, 09:45 PM
A couple of awesome moments in a campaign I've played in.

Kobold Apocalypse
We had a guy who played a Bard/Spymaster in our group. Great player. In game, Kobolds had invaded an Elven woodland, killing most of the Elves. We were helping the resistance by helping free up a large number of Elves to join what was now the central Elven resistance. To do that, though, we had to wipe out an entire Kobold settlement - hundreds to kill.

These Kobolds had been led by Dark Elves (see: Not Drow, homebrew stuff), who commanded absolute respect. our Bard then went in, disguised as one of them, and told the Kobold Tribe Leader that he was to bring his people to a clearing, a pit stop on the road to another front, because the Elves had fled their current place. The Kobold bought it, and followed the Bard. He leads the whole five hundred of them to a grove, where me and forty other Elven warriors were concealed in massive trees overlooking a clearing that was in a depression in the land. He gathers them all up, and then tells the leader to hand him a magic spear he has. After that, he tells the Kobold to eat an explosive acorn possessed by a Druid in our party, as it will grant him the blessing of the Dark Ones (see: supposed Dark Elves like the one our bard was impersonating.)

Our bard turns invisible using a ring of invisibility cribbed from a magic store in a city that was being invaded and annihilated, then flying away using an enchanted chain shirt taken from that same store. The arrogant kobold chieftain of course has all of his most powerful spellcasters standing right next to him, ready to defend him. So he explodes...and takes all of the enemy spellcasters with them.

Imagine five hundred Kobolds packed in a clearing, which, due to terrain features and a log trap that is now deployed, is inescapable. Elves and a party of 6th level adventurers with cover, concealment, elevation, and surprise are now opening fire. It's an absolute slaughter. I let loose two of the best Fireballs I've ever seen - would have been a perfect time for Sudden Widen. Our Druid summons a Thoqqua (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/thoqqua.htm) which proceeds to start lighting Kobolds on fire and immolating enemies wantonly.

Oh, and apparently, Rapid Shot is standard feature of an Elven ambush.

...It was an absolute massacre.

I'll post more later.

RTGoodman
2009-06-17, 09:49 PM
Long story short, my Gnome Batman Wizard and a friend's Human Barbarian/Fighter Chain-Monkey managed to kill off Emperor Ronald (Reagan, a near-Epic Bard Lich) in an XCrawl game, take out most of his inner circle, and take over the North American Empire with the Barbarian as the Emperor and me as the power behind the throne.

Dixieboy
2009-06-17, 09:54 PM
Long story short, my Gnome Batman Wizard and a friend's Human Barbarian/Fighter Chain-Monkey managed to kill off Emperor Ronald (Reagan, a near-Epic Bard Lich) in an XCrawl game, take out most of his inner circle, and take over the North American Empire with the Barbarian as the Emperor and me as the power behind the throne.

i want your DM

give him to me. :smallfurious:

The Blackbird
2009-06-17, 09:58 PM
In a semi-less serious encounters one of my players met these insane ogres that wanted to appease Nerull (God of death) by killing anything they could. So the player just said "Why don't you just kill yourselfs" got really high on a diplomacy check and the three ogres hanged themselfs after saying "Hey! Thats a good idea!"

RTGoodman
2009-06-17, 10:08 PM

i want your DM

give him to me. :smallfurious:

Heh, yeah, that was probably the best session we ever played. It was our last gaming session with our college Gamer's Guild group for the year, and most of us were graduating, so we wanted to go out with a bang. I think we upgraded our characters from 5th level or so up to like 11th or 12th, got a bunch of loot and other goodies, and had a blast. We got time to plan beforehand, so when we met him at first (we were being given awards by him) I started combat with a quickened enlarge person on the Barbarian and a web locking down most of the enemies.

The Barbarian hit Reagan so hard with his full attack it would have killed him in one round if the DM hadn't said, "Uh... that was actually a decoy. The other one's invisible behind the throne. That way everyone else at least gets to do something tonight. :smalltongue:"

ondonaflash
2009-06-17, 10:19 PM
Level two, PCs in a basement, guards above. Flask of water, Ray of Frost. What followed was a hilarious Benny Hill sketch. Two guards come down to talk to the basement guard (hidden tunnel, long story), One guard comes down to check on those two. A fourth, aware that something is wrong, charges down sword drawn.

Hilarity (and death) ensues.

oxinabox
2009-06-17, 11:17 PM
My two, aforementioned conartist PC's managed to convince a lvl 50 Hige Mage NPC that they had poisoned him, and that only they had the antidote...
who'ed have thought a great buff, the ability to assume the form of any medium sized creature, and some nasty low leval spells with fuff effects would payoff?

AslanCross
2009-06-17, 11:21 PM
Singularity bombed Neverwinter with my express permission.

Poor Lord Nasher. Why, though? o_o

Dagren
2009-06-18, 12:37 AM
Best one I've seen is that the PCs learn that the Duke they have been protecting is about to be assassinated. They rush back and find him in the midst of a large group of people. Any of which could be the assassin.

Then the PCs come under arrow fire - some start firing back but the rogue/cleric starts rushing (double moving) straight toward the Duke.

This puzzled me as he was not one of the best fighters in the group and was more a crossbow sniper.

He gets to the duke and sees the other assassin coming for him and the Duke. He then uses his invisibility domain spell . . . on the Duke and tells him to run. Then turning to the assassin he explains that they have failed since even if they kill him (the cleric), they won't get the Duke and the other PCs are moving up.

The assassin surrendered.That sounds seriously awesome.

Da Pwnzlord
2009-06-18, 09:02 AM
We were like level nine, and used a scroll of Dominate Monster (poor DM forsight) to dominate the dragon who was clearly supposed to be a recurring villian and the final boss. He was actually trying to get us to work for him, and we would have been railroaded into doing so except for that scroll. We got so much XP that we skipped about three levels, and a huge hoard of gold. After that, we pretty much ran around doing whatever we pleased.(including burning down the city we had been opporating from down, just for kicks) I think that campaign ended with us all accending to godhood.

oxinabox
2009-06-18, 09:11 AM
:nice: that's all i can say: :nice:

Doc Roc
2009-06-18, 12:02 PM
Poor Lord Nasher. Why, though? o_o

Because a previous campaign, full CO, had taken over using a Walker in the Wastes and the resultant infinite army of mummies that you get if you don't rationality-rule the WitW.

By the time the second campaign got there, Team Evil had arranged for a complete planar breach with Ravenloft, and a elemental maelstrom leading to the plane of fire. It was basically hell on earth. A freshly forged desert of ash and shadow, held in place by the terrible shielding hands of the Dark Powers.

Zain
2009-06-18, 12:10 PM
mine have fortold a meteor strike and went to watch...

how i have no idea

alchemyprime
2009-06-18, 12:59 PM
We had two.

One was a buddy's campaign. Big old temple with a big old temple guardian. There was also this trap in it that was by hitting wither the shield on the wall or the floor beneath the sheild, the walls of the cubby the shield was in would slam together.

The temple guardian was this big hulking beast with a paralyzing bite. Which rolled a Natural 1 and bit his tongue.

The players proceeded to pick him up and chuck him into the shield. There was a lot of monster goo everywhere.

The second was a tale of a gnome wizard/rogue named Ricros. Also in the party was a fighter named Aerich and a half-elf sorceress named... something. I'll call her Lil.

They were trying to get into a castle to find out what had replaced the king (who they had found captured by a dragon, after the same king had sent them off to slay the dragon, which they later deduced was a trap set by the false king). The fighter got to Ricros (Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 14) and asked what he thought about it all.

Ricros thought about his idea. He thought and thought.

"I'll need... some rye bread, some corned beef, some salad dressing, some sauerkraut and some cheese."

Aerich thought of it. "Okay Ricros... is this for some new spell?"

"What? No, I just thought it'd be a kickass sandwich. What would we need a spell for?"

"To get into the throne room."

"We're going into the throne room?"

Well, they tried to get in through the sewers and Ricros ended up falling through a trap door. When Lil and Aerich found him, he was in the throne room.

"Ricros! How did you get here?"

"Oh. I conjured up some rye bread, some corned beef, some sauerkraut, some salad dressing, and some cheese and made the guard a sandwich. The fake king doesn't feed them well."

*facepalm by Lil and Aerich's players, and I laughed uncontrollably as the DM. I love that sort of stuff.*