PDA

View Full Version : Xenomorphs

TempesT
2009-06-17, 08:48 PM
hello all

Just wanted to ask if there are any links to/ideas for the stats of aliens(xenomorph).

Toliudar
2009-06-17, 08:55 PM
Well, there's the Epic template Pseudonatural (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/pseudonaturalCreature.htm), which is about as alien as D&D gets. Or the watered-down version in Complete Arcane.

Aberrations in general seem to be good bases for alien creatures. Short of knowing what kind of role you want the alien to play in your game, though, it's going to be hard to generalize.

SilverClawShift
2009-06-17, 09:00 PM
By the Book of Vile Darkness.

Open to the Kython page.

Play D&D aliens.

TempesT
2009-06-17, 09:05 PM
Well realy I was going to have them be the "center" of the campign.

Party finds crypt-vault, unlease an alien, fight it (hopefully kill it), find that some escape, trek around trying to rid plauge from local area, gain a few levels, then continue on, find map to other vaults, general mayhem, and youve filled several boring fridays.

really just to make them the general boss then basic baddy mabye meet a pred or two(befreind or make advisary),and mabye mess around with half aliens, yadda yadda.

hmm. Vile darkness sounds like a good idea, but there is this one guy who read all the books front to back, and you can never suprise him. realy just to shake things up abit and mess w/ home brewin. but if all fails ill probably use kythons.

Thurbane
2009-06-17, 09:07 PM
There definitely is a PDF that has d20 3.5 stats for Xenos - I'll have a search for the link when I'm at home. It was quite an informative and well written PDF, too.

woodenbandman
2009-06-17, 10:50 PM
Use humans with class levels and describe them in an exciting and new way. For instance, I translated the combo Elan Psychic Warrior2/Crusader 1 with Illithid Heritage, Illithid Grapple x4, and Illithid Skin into this:

"You see walking before you a creature with 4 appendages that look like elbowed tentacles crossed over its chest, extending around to its back. Their skin is thick and shiny, and this, combined with the crease that runs up the length of their hairless humanoid form, makes them seem to have been molded out of clay."

They also had Martial Sprit, so every time they did damage with their tentacles, they "suck out some of your blood" and heal.

Take lame flavor, and revamp it to be cool.

bosssmiley
2009-06-18, 09:09 AM
Xill (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/xill.htm). Multi-armed horrors that skitter out of the shadows, paralyse you, drag you off to their hive, then inject you with their eggs. Just swap in an acid spray counter-attack ability and you're gold.

Heck, you can even have Praetorians and Hive Queen versions::

Advancement: 6-8 HD (Medium); 9-15 HD (Large)

Zeta Kai
2009-06-18, 09:50 AM

Open to the Kython page.

Play D&D aliens.

Seconded. Those things are clearly Xenomorphs with the serial numbers filed off. Not that it makes them any less scary in-game. Especially when you introduce your players to the ultimate Alien Kython, the Slaughterking. They should've been in Heroes of Horror. My players won't let me use the BoVD anymore. :smallamused:

Callos_DeTerran
2009-06-18, 11:41 AM

Open to the Kython page.

Play D&D aliens.

Very true, or if your looking for something with just more of a visual similarity, then crack open the Fiend Folio and flip to the Steel Predator. It resembles actual xenomorphs to an uncanny degree and has the added player horror of destroying equipment.