PDA

View Full Version : Feats 3.5

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-17, 08:59 PM
What feats do I need for a Forgotten Realms Fighter/Barbarian/Warblade/Frenzied Berzerker?

Power Attack
Leap attack
Shook trooper

Are what I have so far.

Fishy
2009-06-17, 09:07 PM
I like the Instantaneous Rage/Intimidating Rage/Imperious Command combo: force someone to cower as an immediate action. It's like Barbarian Celerity.

Assassin89
2009-06-17, 09:07 PM
A Frenzied Berserker requires Power Attack, Cleave, Destructive Rage, and Intimidating Rage for feats. I'm not even sure about other feats though.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-06-17, 09:09 PM
I like the Instantaneous Rage/Intimidating Rage/Imperious Command combo: force someone to cower as an immediate action. It's like Barbarian Celerity.

The combo requires CHA 15 though.

Oh, and Combat Brute.

herrhauptmann
2009-06-17, 09:10 PM
Combat brute is alsoa good Tactical feat.

Frenzied berserker requires Destructive rage, and Intimidating rage.
If you're willing to sacrifice a fighter feat or two, look at the various Alternate class features of the fighter, like dungeon crasher.

If you're taking F.B. as early as you can, I recommend taking Extra rage, otherwise you'll only have like 1 frenzy and 1 rage per day.

I'm not sure if you can enter a Martial Stance while in the middle of a rage or frenzy. It seems to me that the unbounded chaos and destructiveness of the rage/frenzy is the antithesis of the controlled approach to combat of a ToB character (at least that's my interpretation of ToB)

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-17, 09:11 PM
I'm thinking more along the lines a of leaping Barbar. Although that intimidate combo sounds amusing.

Wasn't there a Faerun feat that doubles damage on a leap attack?

lsfreak
2009-06-17, 09:12 PM
There's no restriction for using maneuvers or stances while raged, except for the Diamond Mind ones that require Concentration checks.

Wings of Peace
2009-06-17, 09:20 PM
A dip in Fighter for Dungeon Crash and a Valorous weapon also help alot.

ColdSepp
2009-06-17, 09:20 PM
I assume you are taking Lion Totem Barbarian.

Faleldir
2009-06-17, 09:28 PM
Wasn't there a Faerun feat that doubles damage on a leap attack?
That's Headlong Rush. You have to be an Orc or Half-Orc, and it provokes AOOs from anyone who can reach you.

Eldariel
2009-06-17, 09:39 PM
Yeah, get prerequisites for Frenzied Berserker to start with. Cleave, Intimidating Rage and Destructive Rage as stated. The good news is that Cleave is a good feat and Intimidating Rage can be a good feat if you put some work into it (get Imperious Command and 15 Cha, frankly; Instantaneous Rage is just bonus). Destructive Rage is pretty much inexcusably horrible though.

You're a Frenzied Berserker. You should be focusing on not killing your party! To that end, you need to be able to make a DC 20 Will-save consistently. You definitely need Endurance > Steadfast Determination [PHBII]. Beyond that, Iron Will > Cumbrous Will, or the Fighter ACF "Resolute" are the ways to go. That is unless your DM allows Iron Heart Surging Frenzy away which is a bit illegal by the rules, but might fly.

Also, Extra Rage would rock especially since one possible reading gives you extras of both, Frenzy and Rage. The other reading gives you two uses that can be spent for either. Either way, it's great for longetivity.

So, short of it:
Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper
+ Cleave, Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage
+ Endurance > Steadfast Determination (if you take 5 Barbarian-levels, you can use the Sandstorm ACF to pick up Endurance for free)
+ Imperious Command, maybe Intimidating Rage

Other handy feats:
-Extra Rage
-Improved Trip (Wolf-Totem Barbarian (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wolfTotemClassFeatures ) gets it for free; worth considering if you take 2 levels of Barbarian) -> Knock-Down (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown); free Trips for everyone!
-Combat Reflexes + Spiked Chain proficiency (or in general, reach weapon; goes great with Improved Trip, btw)

Other potential ACFs:
Whirling Frenzy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy ) - Extra attack! Gives up much of your Will-save boosts though :/

Dungeoncrasher Fighter [Dungeonscape] Dungeoncrasher is a brutal Bull Rush-related ability that also grants some bonuses vs. traps and to breaking things (with Destructive Rage, it's frankly kind of an overkill)

Resolute Fighter [Complete Champion] - Resolute is a kicker for Will-saves, adding ½ your BAB as an immediate action to Will-saves for a round; just never fail Will-saves again.

Keld Denar
2009-06-17, 10:29 PM
That's Headlong Rush. You have to be an Orc or Half-Orc, and it provokes AOOs from anyone who can reach you.

Or Battle Jump. Its a regional feat from Unapproachable East. You have to attack from above your foe though. The jump DCs to get above a medium foe aren't so bad, but against a large foe, they get pretty intense, and a huge foe can be pretty darn tough. Still, when you really want to splatter a medium sized dude, Leap Attack + Battle Jump will get the job done. Thats 4:1 PA right there, and FB10 make it 16:1 with the way these multipliers stack (which is different from how normal multipliers stack due to wonky wording).

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-17, 10:32 PM
Or Battle Jump. Its a regional feat from Unapproachable East. You have to attack from above your foe though. The jump DCs to get above a medium foe aren't so bad, but against a large foe, they get pretty intense, and a huge foe can be pretty darn tough. Still, when you really want to splatter a medium sized dude, Leap Attack + Battle Jump will get the job done. Thats 4:1 PA right there, and FB10 make it 16:1 with the way these multipliers stack (which is different from how normal multipliers stack due to wonky wording).

That is exactly what I was looking for.

quick_comment
2009-06-17, 10:40 PM
You can use the sudden leap maneuver to excecute a battle jump

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-17, 10:50 PM
How much would I need to pimp my jump check to have Leap Attack + Battle Jump become a viable maneuver against larger than medium foes?

lsfreak
2009-06-17, 11:08 PM
The upper limit of Large is supposedly 16 feet, which requires a... 64 jump check to get completely over. Human-sized creatures are said to have 8 feet of vertical reach, which should lower it down a bit. DC is 4 for every foot up you go.

Level 10, full ranks, a +11Str modifier from raging/frenzy, a +10 item (10.000gp), and Leap of the Heaven feat (if you can fit that in there somewhere) would give you a +43 modifier on a charge, I believe.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-17, 11:12 PM
How much would I need to pimp my jump check to have Leap Attack + Battle Jump become a viable maneuver against larger than medium foes?You're a FB. Jump is Str-based. Maybe you'll want to spend some skill ranks on it, if you've got nothing better.

quick_comment
2009-06-17, 11:14 PM
Its a bit cheesy, but technically, you can use the sudden leap maneuver to double jump.

The best way to battle jump though is to just have someone cast fly on you, and then stall yourself.

Keld Denar
2009-06-17, 11:40 PM
The best way to battle jump though is to just have someone cast fly on you, and then stall yourself.

That gets you Battle Jump, but you lose out on Shocktrooper and Leap Attack, since you can't charge while falling.

PS, Shocktrooper has a prereq of Improved Bullrush. Yea, add in another feat there....

Human Barb1/Fighter4/FB10/X5 leaves you with:

Human Intimidating Rage
1st Extra Rage
Ftr1 Power Attack
Ftr2 Cleave
3rd Destructive Rage
Ftr4 Imp Bullrush
6th Shocktrooper
9th Leap Attack
12th Extra Rage
15th Immediate Rage
18th Imperious Command

You'd need to take a flaw to get Battle Jump in though, otherwise you won't qualify for FB as early or you'll lose out on the very vital Extra Rage feat.

herrhauptmann
2009-06-18, 12:00 AM
If you're a human from Cormyr, take the Furious Charger feat. While charging you get a +4 to attack instead of +2, and only a -2 to AC.
Or Jotunbrud, you count as large in grapple, trip attempts, sunder, and possibility of being eaten, IF it's beneficial to you.

FMArthur
2009-06-18, 01:51 AM
Isn't Battle Jump a racial or regional feat or something?

Myrmex
2009-06-18, 03:55 AM
Have a caster put Jump on you (up to +30 bonus from a tenth level caster). Since it's faerun, someone should have Persistent Spell and at least three levels of Incantacheese.

Also, anything that increases your speed will greatly increase your jump checks, such as a Haste spell or Expeditious Retreat.

Kaiyanwang
2009-06-18, 04:07 AM
I like what Keld Denar wrote, but I'd suggest to find two good flaws. Can be improved.

Sendal
2009-06-18, 06:03 AM
Theres lots of clever and twinky sugestions here, but the bones of a berzerker charger are as follows:

Qualify for your prestige class:

power attack
cleave
Destructive Rage
Intimidating Rage

Make sure you can power attack for full and still hit. (who needs AC if you can't die?)

Improved bullrush
Shocktrooper

Make the damage shoot so high they won't be there to hit you back:

leap attack
Use a two handed weapon

Once you have that, the rest is up to your taste. Anything that doubles damage is particularly nice, as is anything that lets you hit more targets at the end of the charge. The above build is borderline broken, but if you want to realy break it in half, try some of the following:

Dive attack (double damage if dive 30ft. If your standing on a ledge 30ft up, is that both a leap and a dive?)
Barbarian alternative class feature: Pounce instead of fast movement. its one of the totem things.
Great cleave + reach weapon
Head long rush (orc/halforc only, x2 damage on charge, target gets AOO. Use a reach weapon so he can't reach you to make it)
Keen flachion. crit on 1 in 4 hits.

#Raptor
2009-06-18, 06:20 AM
You're a Frenzied Berserker. You should be focusing on not killing your party! To that end, you need to be able to make a DC 20 Will-save consistently. You definitely need Endurance > Steadfast Determination [PHBII]. Beyond that, Iron Will > Cumbrous Will, or the Fighter ACF "Resolute" are the ways to go.

Yeah. I've lately read a few threads on zerkers, it always was the same "Don't play with zerkers, they will kill the whole party!" "Zerkers are for egoistic powergamers" etc...

Well, sure, a uncontrolled zerker can potentially kill the whole party. A squishy wizard or rogue standing next to you while you get hit by a arrow from 500 ft. and fail your saving throw will probably be dead meat.
But thats only if you fail your saving throw.
So listen to Eldariel's advice and get Steadfast Determination, it also has the benefit that you can now utterly dump wis.

And even if you already got that 19 will save... you still can fail on a 1, so rerolls are golden.
Luck domain (one level of cleric also boosts your will saves again), that item from MiC (Amulet of Secound Chances or something?)... im sure theres more.

The other thing that can help you make that save if you roll a 1 on the first try, is a grease spell from your friendly neighborhood mage.
Fall flat on your face, get another chance to make the will save.

Grease is also good if you are deep into negative HP (and therefore don't really want to stop zerking - because then you'd drop dead).
Get the mage to grease you, so the Cleric can hit you with a Heal (without getting torn to pieces). Then end your Frenzy.

/Edit:

Keen flachion. crit on 1 in 4 hits.
Don't get keen on your weapon - get a Scabbard of Keen Edges.

Sendal
2009-06-18, 06:36 AM
how you get your falchion keen is up to you, whether it be scabard, enchantment, imp. crit feat or arcane spell. Just get it keen.

#Raptor
2009-06-18, 06:58 AM
Of course its up to anyone to decide how he does it. But:

Imp. crit feat - costs you a feat. No. You need those.

Arcane spell - costs the mage a standard action. He got better things to do.

Encantment - secound best option. Costs you a +1 and therefore limits how many other enhancements you can get on your weapon. And theres plenty of other good enhancements.

Scabbard - costs you gold. Doesn't limit the number of enhancements (so you can effectively get a +11 weapon), doesn't cost the mage a standard action, doesn't cost a feat. Ding ding ding, we have a winner here.

Once you've reached a certain level of wealth, a Scabbard should be standard issue for anyone who kills people with sharp things.

Talic
2009-06-18, 07:04 AM
Fog Cloud is another sure-fire save vs FB. The FB is only required to attack foes he can detect. Drop a cloud on him and back out, and nothing stops the FB player from fuming blindly in the cloud.

Faleldir
2009-06-18, 07:08 AM
how you get your falchion keen is up to you, whether it be scabard, enchantment, imp. crit feat or arcane spell. Just get it keen.
Also, if you take 7 levels of Barbarian, look at the Streetfighter ACF; it increses your critical threat when you charge, and stacks with everything.

Curmudgeon
2009-06-18, 07:15 AM
I assume you are taking Lion Totem Barbarian. Lion Totem Barbian (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#lionTotemClassFeatures ) (Unearthed Arcana) seems like a really bad idea. I think a Spiritual Lion Totem Barbarian (Complete Champion, page 46) would be a better choice.

#Raptor
2009-06-18, 08:10 AM
Fog Cloud is another sure-fire save vs FB. The FB is only required to attack foes he can detect. Drop a cloud on him and back out, and nothing stops the FB player from fuming blindly in the cloud.
Nice. Yet another way to make the Zerker party-friendlier.

Also, if you take 7 levels of Barbarian, look at the Streetfighter ACF; it increses your critical threat when you charge, and stacks with everything.

Can I get that with a side order of Disciple of Dispater please? :smallbiggrin:
That'd be... regular Falchion 18-20, Improved Critical (stacks with DoD, Keen doesn't) 15-20, DoD 9-20, Streetfighter 1-20. Errrm, yeah.

Oh well... DoD costs you alot of feats anyway, feats that you probably won't have, especially if you take 7 levels of Barbarian. And you should finish FB first anyway.

Though if you somehow manage to get the feats, I suppose you'd be better of with a Scythe instead of the Falchion.
Scythe 20, Improved Crit. 19-20, DoD 17-20, Streetfighter 14-20.
And If ur feeling silly, go with the Greathammer from MM4 instead and end up with a threat range of 8-20.
Probably won't be able to do this untill epic levels though, due to the aforementioned feat-starvedness.

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-18, 06:00 PM
Could I stack all of this with the Nightmare Blade series from ToB?

And what would an 8th-level build look like?

btw, A huge thanks to everyone for all this information.

Myrmex
2009-06-18, 09:48 PM
Nice. Yet another way to make the Zerker party-friendlier.

Can I get that with a side order of Disciple of Dispater please? :smallbiggrin:
That'd be... regular Falchion 18-20, Improved Critical (stacks with DoD, Keen doesn't) 15-20, DoD 9-20, Streetfighter 1-20. Errrm, yeah.

Oh well... DoD costs you alot of feats anyway, feats that you probably won't have, especially if you take 7 levels of Barbarian. And you should finish FB first anyway.

Though if you somehow manage to get the feats, I suppose you'd be better of with a Scythe instead of the Falchion.
Scythe 20, Improved Crit. 19-20, DoD 17-20, Streetfighter 14-20.
And If ur feeling silly, go with the Greathammer from MM4 instead and end up with a threat range of 8-20.
Probably won't be able to do this untill epic levels though, due to the aforementioned feat-starvedness.

That's not how stacking works in D&D.

herrhauptmann
2009-06-18, 10:17 PM
We use a weird math system here.
Add up all of your Multiplier (double, triple, quadruple etc) and subtract one.
Doubling a double is a triple. 2+2-1=3
Doubling a triple is a quadruple. 2+3-1=4

It stops abuse with multiplying criticals and power attack ratios. Otherwise the leap attacking combat brute shocktrooper frenzied berserker bear warrior can get something along the lines of 10 to 1 on his power attack.

Eldariel
2009-06-18, 10:27 PM
It stops abuse with multiplying criticals and power attack ratios. Otherwise the leap attacking combat brute shocktrooper frenzied berserker bear warrior can get something along the lines of 10 to 1 on his power attack.

Actually, he's pretty close to 10-to-1 with these rules. Base PA x2 -> x3 Combat Brute, +100% base from LA (errata), +100% base from Berserker (errata) = x7 (or x9 if you treat Combat Brute as increasing the base to x3).

Add few others like Favored Power Attack and whole attack multipliers (mounted lance charge + spirited charge, battle jump, Valorous weapon, x4 Crits, etc.) and you'll be way past x10 even with the most conservative reading.

With "standard" multiplication (as in, what we use in elementary arithmetics), it'd come out at x16 PA and whole damage *2*2*3*4 (using the stuff listed above) = x48 for a total of 768 extra damage for each point of BAB you expend (or 15360 extra damage just from Power Attack when PAing for 20; Shock Trooper means your hit doesn't suffer at all).

Kaiyanwang
2009-06-19, 04:25 AM
But the bonus to PA from combat brute..

isn't used in the round following the charge?

Eldariel
2009-06-19, 05:21 AM
But the bonus to PA from combat brute..

isn't used in the round following the charge?

Correct: You can charge to Hulk Smash one underling activating Combat Brute, and the next turn charge to Hulk Smash to BBEG with the increased multiplier (if necessary, use swift action to reposition yourself/your mount so that you can Charge).

Kaiyanwang
2009-06-19, 05:26 AM
Correct: You can charge to Hulk Smash one underling activating Combat Brute, and the next turn charge to Hulk Smash to BBEG with the increased multiplier (if necessary, use swift action to reposition yourself/your mount so that you can Charge).

Ok, was thinking about something similar (or maybe a belt of battle) but to understand better :smallsmile:

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-19, 07:54 AM
Actually, he's pretty close to 10-to-1 with these rules. Base PA x2 -> x3 Combat Brute, +100% base from LA (errata), +100% base from Berserker (errata) = x7 (or x9 if you treat Combat Brute as increasing the base to x3).

Add few others like Favored Power Attack and whole attack multipliers (mounted lance charge + spirited charge, battle jump, Valorous weapon, x4 Crits, etc.) and you'll be way past x10 even with the most conservative reading.

With "standard" multiplication (as in, what we use in elementary arithmetics), it'd come out at x16 PA and whole damage *2*2*3*4 (using the stuff listed above) = x48 for a total of 768 extra damage for each point of BAB you expend (or 15360 extra damage just from Power Attack when PAing for 20; Shock Trooper means your hit doesn't suffer at all).

Any chance you could write me up a 1-20 build for that? (pretty please?)

I forgot to mention my DM isn't allowing flaws.

duo31
2009-06-19, 08:24 AM
You're a Frenzied Berserker. You should be focusing on not killing your party! To that end, you need to be able to make a DC 20 Will-save consistently. You definitely need Endurance > Steadfast Determination [PHBII]. Beyond that, Iron Will > Cumbrous Will, or the Fighter ACF "Resolute" are the ways to go. That is unless your DM allows Iron Heart Surging Frenzy away which is a bit illegal by the rules, but might fly.

Not a bad idea, but Calm Emotions is a 2nd level Cleric spell. spend your feats elsewhere.

Just make sure you have a Cleric in the party, or a bard:smallbiggrin:

Keld Denar
2009-06-19, 08:36 AM
Any chance you could write me up a 1-20 build for that? (pretty please?)

I forgot to mention my DM isn't allowing flaws.

What's wrong with the build I posted on the 1st page? Barb1/Ftr4/FB10/X5? X can be whatever you want by that point, it won't matter as long as its full BAB. It still has 2 feats to spend, but is otherwise a full build. Unfortunately, there are just too many feats and prereqs to meet to be able to pull off EVERYTHING that Eld mentions though.

#Raptor
2009-06-19, 10:51 AM
That's not how stacking works in D&D.

We use a weird math system here.
Add up all of your Multiplier (double, triple, quadruple etc) and subtract one.
Doubling a double is a triple. 2+2-1=3
Doubling a triple is a quadruple. 2+3-1=4

Ah, ****. Dang math, always gets in the way.
So with DoD + Imp. Crit. + Streetfighter we'd end up with a quadruple.
Double (DoD) + Double (Imp. Crit.) = 3
Triple (DoD+Imp. Crit.) + Streetfighter = 4
So for the Falchion 18-20 (threat range of 3 x 4 = 12 (20-12 = threat range of 8-20)).
And for anything with 19-20 (threat range of 2 x 4 = 8 (20-8 = threat range of 12-20)).

===

Not a bad idea, but Calm Emotions is a 2nd level Cleric spell. spend your feats elsewhere.

Just make sure you have a Cleric in the party, or a bard:smallbiggrin:
So you end up having a mediocre will save.
Then you get hit by the aforementioned arrow, "Win" Initative against your Group before the Cleric can cast "Calm Emotions", and slaughter them. Murphys law.

What's wrong with the build I posted on the 1st page? Barb1/Ftr4/FB10/X5? X can be whatever you want by that point, it won't matter as long as its full BAB. It still has 2 feats to spend, but is otherwise a full build. Unfortunately, there are just too many feats and prereqs to meet to be able to pull off EVERYTHING that Eld mentions though.
You'll have to put some "X" before your 10 levels of FB since you need 6 BAB to enter FB.
If you don't mind loosing 1 BAB for 2 more fighter feats, go with 2 levels of Psychic Warrior.

sonofzeal
2009-06-19, 11:32 AM
"Righteous Wrath", feat, from BoED - lets a Barbarian keep full control of himself in a Rage. It's unclear whether that applies to Frenzy (certainly it's "Rage-like" even if it has a different name), but you can always talk to your DM.

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-19, 11:48 AM
That gets you Battle Jump, but you lose out on Shocktrooper and Leap Attack, since you can't charge while falling.

PS, Shocktrooper has a prereq of Improved Bullrush. Yea, add in another feat there....

Human Barb1/Fighter4/FB10/X5 leaves you with:

Human Intimidating Rage
1st Extra Rage
Ftr1 Power Attack
Ftr2 Cleave
3rd Destructive Rage
Ftr4 Imp Bullrush
6th Shocktrooper
9th Leap Attack
12th Extra Rage
15th Immediate Rage
18th Imperious Command

You'd need to take a flaw to get Battle Jump in though, otherwise you won't qualify for FB as early or you'll lose out on the very vital Extra Rage feat.

Nothing. I'll be using a variant of it that incorporates Battle Jump and maybe Headlong rush. I'd need to adjust it anyway due to +6 BAB entry requirement.

Keld Denar
2009-06-19, 12:54 PM
You can't really get Headlong Rush, as it requires half or full Orc, and the loss of the human bonus feat is crippling for you without flaws. Also, the addition of Battle Jump pushes Shocktrooper back to level 9, which may be undesireable. The only feat you can really give up is Extra Rage, and I'd highly recommend against it, or you'll be a 1 encounter/day chump till like, level 9 anyway. Maybe this?

1 Barbarian1 Battle Jump(H), Extra Rage
2 Fighter1 Power Attack
3 Fighter2 Cleave, Destructive Rage
4 Fighter3
5 Fighter4 Imp Bull Rush
6 Ranger1 (Favored Enemy Arcanists, CMage) Intimidating Rage
7 FB1
8 FB2
9 FB3 Shocktrooper
10 FB4
11 FB5
12 FB6 Leap Attack
13 FB7
14 FB8
15 FB9 Favored Power Attack
16 FB10
17 X1
18 X2 Feat
19 X3
20 X4

Sadly, I don't know of much you could qualify for with those feats for your last 4 levels. The usual winners of Pious Templar, Exotic Weapon Master, and Occult Slayer are all too feat intensive to break into. If you could, Warblade4 would be awesome at that point, since your IL at level 17 would be 9, you'd automatically qualify for 4th level maneuvers, giving you Dancing Mongoose for an extra attack with your 2hander, Sudden Leap if you need to bounce backwards to give yourself extra charging room, as well as Moment of Perfect Mind to boost up your will save and protect you from accidental frenzy. A bit late, but not bad.

You could drop the level of Ranger and Favored Power Attack if you think its too circumstantial and nab a level of Warblade there. That would give you an IL of 3 for 2nd level maneuvers and give you Moment of Perfect Mind and Sudden Leap before heading into Frenzied Barb. You can also delay entry into FB a level or 2, but its so good I'd assume you'd want to maximize its benefits as early as possible.

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-19, 01:31 PM
You can't really get Headlong Rush, as it requires half or full Orc, and the loss of the human bonus feat is crippling for you without flaws. Also, the addition of Battle Jump pushes Shocktrooper back to level 9, which may be undesireable. The only feat you can really give up is Extra Rage, and I'd highly recommend against it, or you'll be a 1 encounter/day chump till like, level 9 anyway. Maybe this?

2 Fighter1 Power Attack
4 Fighter3
5 Fighter4 Imp Bull Rush
7 FB1
8 FB2
9 FB3 Shocktrooper
10 FB4
11 FB5
12 FB6 Leap Attack
13 FB7
14 FB8
16 FB10
17 X1
18 X2 Feat
19 X3
20 X4

Sadly, I don't know of much you could qualify for with those feats for your last 4 levels. The usual winners of Pious Templar, Exotic Weapon Master, and Occult Slayer are all too feat intensive to break into. If you could, Warblade4 would be awesome at that point, since your IL at level 17 would be 9, you'd automatically qualify for 4th level maneuvers, giving you Dancing Mongoose for an extra attack with your 2hander, Sudden Leap if you need to bounce backwards to give yourself extra charging room, as well as Moment of Perfect Mind to boost up your will save and protect you from accidental frenzy. A bit late, but not bad.

You could drop the level of Ranger and Favored Power Attack if you think its too circumstantial and nab a level of Warblade there. That would give you an IL of 3 for 2nd level maneuvers and give you Moment of Perfect Mind and Sudden Leap before heading into Frenzied Barb. You can also delay entry into FB a level or 2, but its so good I'd assume you'd want to maximize its benefits as early as possible.

The latter suits the character more thematically.

2 Fighter1 Power Attack
4 Fighter3
5 Fighter4 Imp Bull Rush
6 Warblade1 Intimidating Rage
7 FB1
8 FB2
9 FB3 Shocktrooper
10 FB4
11 FB5
12 FB6 Leap Attack
13 FB7
14 FB8
16 FB10
17 Warblade2
18 Warblade3 Feat
19 Warblade4
20 Warblade5

Ideally, I'd like to get Leap Attack sooner. It's easy to see how that is logistically difficult, but let's play with this.

Keld Denar
2009-06-19, 01:49 PM
Ideally, I'd like to get Leap Attack sooner. It's easy to see how that is logistically difficult, but let's play with this.

Ideally, I'd like to cast 9th level spells at 1st level as well, but given the design constraints, your options are pretty well limited. Without flaws, you can either delay entry into FB, or you have to forgo Shocktrooper and Leap Attack till mid-late life.

Although...Hmmmm, are you allowed UA and Dragon Magazines? Is there a Ranger variant that either gives Favored Enemy, Animal Companion, or Track for Rage? Then you could go with Strongarm Ranger2/Fighter4/FB10/X4, getting Shocktrooper at 6 and Leap Attack by 9. Thats a lot of ifs AND you lose your Warblade level. It is another fulcrum to balance on though...

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-19, 02:02 PM
Yes, and that's very creative, but I'd like to stay away from ranger.

I wonder if we could get the same kind of numbers by replacing FB with The Nightmare blade series.

2 Fighter1 Power Attack
3 Fighter2 Imp Bull Rush, Reckless Attack
4 Fighter3
5 Fighter4 Imp Sunder
6 Warblade1 Leap Attack
7 Warblade2
8 Wablade3
9 Warblade4 Shocktrooper
10 Warblade5 Combat Brute
11 Warblade6
12 Warblade7 Intimidating Rage
13 Warblade8
14 Warblade9
15 Warblade10 Impervious Command
16 Warblade11
17 Warblade12
18 Warblade13 Feat
19 Warblade14
20 Warblade15

Keld Denar
2009-06-19, 02:11 PM
The short answer is no.

The long answer is noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Nightmare strikes are...strikes. They are standard actions. You have to charge to use Shocktrooper, Leap Attack, and the like. You can't charge and use a strike.

Also, charging usually involves pouncing. No single attack can make up for the loss of iteratives on a full attack pounce, especially not with 28:1 PA multipliers or so.

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-19, 02:44 PM
Lol Glad to know some questions have simple answers. I'll stick with your build then.

herrhauptmann
2009-06-19, 04:34 PM
2 Fighter1 Power Attack
4 Fighter3
5 Fighter4 Imp Bull Rush
7 FB1
8 FB2
9 FB3 Shocktrooper
10 FB4
11 FB5
12 FB6 Leap Attack
13 FB7
14 FB8
16 FB10
17 X1
18 X2 Feat
19 X3
20 X4

What about 4 levels of Bear warrior? I'm' not entirely sure of the prereqs though.

Alternately, since you ARE feat starved, you could throw in another 2 or 4 levels of fighter for bonus feats.
Variant alignment paladin. Gives you access to wands and scrolls from the paladin class list. Which might be nice if you accidentally slaughter your party before the bard can calm your emotions or the rogue hamstrings you.

PrismaticPIA
2009-06-19, 04:58 PM
I'm intentionally not giving him any ranks in balance so the party wizard can cast 'Grease'