PDA

View Full Version : New Race: Lloshhi

starwoof
2006-03-26, 10:52 PM
Lloshhi
The lloshhi are a bizarre aquatic race that lives on the cold beaches of Argyle. It is rumored that they are a created race, similar to the chuuls, for nature could never create such a terrible abomination.

Physical Description
Lloshhi are a mix between all the horrible things of the seas. They stand on four thick legs and feet that have 3 toes, one of which sticks straight backward. Lloshhi have wide bodies, and they seem to have no waists. Their carapaces are knobby and tough, ranging from black to blue to red in color. They have long thick arms each ending in 3 fingers, 1 of which is a thumb. Their wide heads stick out straight from their shoulders. They have large mandibles, which hide 3 rows of sharp teeth, which are built for ripping and tearing, and not chewing. On the tops of their heads they have thick tentacles, which hang over their backs, resembling hair. Their small black eyes glare out from just above their mouths.

Personality
Lloshhi tend to be rude, mean, and generally unpleasant to be around. They look down on almost all other forms of life. They revere chuuls in a way similar to how other races look at gods, and they almost see sahuagin as equals. Sometimes a Lloshhi travels far away from its people, and learns the ways of other races. This is very rare, but these few Lloshhi are somewhat less horrible to be near.

Lands
The largest communities of Lloshhi are on the southern beaches of Argyle, near Illumined forest and south of the country of Arvandor. They are also quite common on the rocky cliffs of Corner, and raiding bands of them wander the wide cold beaches of Norgaud. It is rumored that they also dwell on the far off continent of Dwarfheim, but as that place is but a legend itself its highly unlikely. Lloshhi are rarely seen in the warmer central parts of the world.

Relations
Lloshhi live as raiders, and are feared by the coastal communities they live near. They absolutely despise elves, and will generally attack and kill them on sight. The feeling is mutual, as the elves see them as abominations against nature (which they are). Lloshhi occasionally have peaceful relations with sahuagin. Lloshhi and sahuagin raiding parties are the stuff of nightmares.

Alignment
Lloshhi tend towards evil alignments. A very rare few are neutral, and good lloshhi are almost unheard of.

[list]
+2 str, -2 dex, +2 con, -2 int, -4 cha. Lloshhi are excellent warriors, but are somewhat less cerebral then other races.
Medium Size
30 foot move
Aberration
Hold Breath- Lloshhi can hold their breath for a number of minutes equal to 4x their constitution.
+4 swim
+2 natural armor
Abomination- Lloshhi can never take levels in druid, as they are affronts to nature.
Stability- Lloshi gain +4 bonuses to resist being bullrushed when standing on all four legs on a solid surface.
Automatic Languages: Aquan, Common. Bonus Languages: Giant, Elven, Dwarven, Gnoll.
Favored Class: Ranger
LA: +1

Comments, criticism? Im working on the culture and stuff still, I mostly need help with the mechanics. This race changed from a race of clamfolk (i was clam digging saturday!) to weird chuul folk. I do like how they ended up though.

Anyway, comment away! (PEACH)

atomicmatt3
2006-03-26, 11:04 PM
I dare you to inhale some helium and try to say the name of your race without sounding like Yoshi from the Mario series...

I sort of like the concept, though. It reminds me of sea elves, but instead of elves, they are ogres. Also, you put it in a block that looks like you want it to be played as a player-class, but the thing looks to weird to really be a good PC. Just for comfort sakes, I would put it in the standard MM statistics block, but, to each to his own.

In summary: Sea Ogres = Cool

Spuddly
2006-03-26, 11:12 PM
How does one pronounce the name of your race?

starwoof
2006-03-26, 11:22 PM
Its pronounced almost the same as 'yoshi' but with a smidge more emphasis on the second 'h', and the L is a bit longer. Its the races name for themselves, so due to their weird mouths its a bit difficult to pronounce. You can call them crabfolk if you want.

As to the stat block I have them in... its just easier for me. I tend to make medium and small humanoidish races/monsters in the player character stat block, and If I ever make a monster thats not fit at all for a player race Ill put it in the standard MM stat block. It is really a race Id let my players use too. I suppose I could put it in a monster block too though...

atomicmatt3
2006-03-26, 11:28 PM
I just like the monster block better. The info seems all jumbled when its how you have it. Just a matter of personal preferrence, I guess...

bosssmiley
2006-03-26, 11:48 PM
Its pronounced almost the same as 'yoshi' but with a smidge more emphasis on the second 'h', and the L is a bit longer. Its the races name for themselves, so due to their weird mouths its a bit difficult to pronounce. You can call them crabfolk if you want.

Sea creatures (are they crabs or squid or what? I'm confuzzled) with the name Lloshi. You just *know* the players will refer to them as the Sloshy before too long. ;)

starwoof
2006-03-27, 12:04 AM
Well I was reffering to them as crabsquid before I named them. ;)

Think of a chuul from the monster manual. Make it about 6 feet tall, slightly more upright, take away the tail, and give it a crab head with a bunch of tentacles for hair (think predator). Replace those huge crushing claws with hands, and ta-da! Lloshhi.

There are a lot of mad scientist types in my campaign world.;D