PDA

View Full Version : The Streets (Metropolis) : Read OOC!

Pages : [1] 2

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 09:05 AM
The city streets - dirty, littered with debris and garbage. They are the same ashy gray color as the rest of the city, and despite cleaning crews working around it clock, there is never a marked improvement in its appearance. Wild dogs and cats can be seen down alleyways or in dumpsters. Every now and then, there is a city-provided bench or trashcan - cemented down, of course. A few of the alleys are home to those with no other place to lay their heads - and though the authorities chase them out nearly every other day, they return.

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 09:05 AM
Outside the Hollow

Damien is still chasing after Daisy, carrying her purse and dress box and feeling kinda ridiculous.

"Daze, wait up!"

He trips over a raised portion of cracked concrete but manages to avoid falling on his face. He swears but continues chasing after her.

Beans
2009-06-18, 09:06 AM
Ophana (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5884671&postcount=11) is there, talking to some other jerks about how she beat up "that street slut" again.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 09:07 AM
Outside the Hollow
Daisy emerges from the Hollow, the door flying open. She steps outside and looks around for the winged girl called Ophana - the one tormenting the girl inside. Never did catch her name...

Spotting Ophana, Daisy calls out. "Hey, I need to talk to you a second." Eyeing the girl's companions, she jogs over to stand a few feet from where they are gathered.

Beans
2009-06-18, 09:09 AM
The companions slink away.
Ophana looks annoyedly at her.
Yeah, what the hell ya want?

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 09:10 AM
Damien stops, a few feet behind Daisy, watching the two converse.

He will step in if it somehow turns violent, but otherwise will not say a word.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 09:13 AM
"Just to talk - I over heard you talking about kicking someone's ass. That girl that just came into the Hollow? What happened? Because it looks like someone just stomped the crap outta her." Daisy crosses her arms, angry - but trying to remain and appear calm. "Now, what the hell did I do to you for you to be pissed at me already? We don't know each other."

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 09:16 AM
"Daze..." Damien says, resting a hand on her shoulder. "I know these types, they don't need a reason..."

Beans
2009-06-18, 09:17 AM
Oh, that dirty little whore? Yeah, I kicked her head in. What's it matter to you? You her mother or somethin'?

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 09:20 AM
"No, but I work over there." Daisy jerks a thumb at the Hollow, ignoring Damien for now. "And we don't need people comin' in and bleedin' all over the floor. Especially when they are a paying customer." She holds her hands up, palms forward, in a calming gesture. "I'm just trying to find out what the issue is so we don't have this problem again. Now, what happened? Because I really, REALLY don't want to have to call the authorities and tell them that there's an underage girl trying to get into the bar and assaulting our staff."

Beans
2009-06-18, 09:26 AM
I beat her down to remind her to stay down.
She cracks her knuckles threateningly.
Anyway, I'm not trying to get into your bar, and that sandy tart isn't part of your staff.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 09:32 AM
"Well, no. She's not. But she does come in and pay for drinks." Daisy doesn't take well to threats, so she steps forward, closer to Ophana. "And I like making money, so that's not good. Also..." She takes another step towards the girl, lowering her voice. "I work there. And who do you think they will believe? Some kid who's known to start trouble, or the friendly gal from the bar that everyone likes? Plus, if you touch me...well, I think you're a big enough girl that I don't need to draw it out in crayon for you." Daisy takes one more step, trying to get close enough to touch Ophana, hoping to dispel some of her hostility. "So, are you gonna talk to me, or are we gonna have a problem?" She shrugs. "Up to you, kiddo."

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 09:34 AM
Damien is still listening, very impressed at the display he is seeing from Daisy.

He is happy that she is not just a scared, wounded girl. This is a very pleasant development for him. Sure, he liked that she was sweet and pretty but... Damien guesses that it is nice knowing that he won't have to fight all of her battles for her.

Beans
2009-06-18, 09:39 AM
Let's have a problem.
The little wings on her shoulders flutter excitedly.

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 09:41 AM
Damien instinctively drops the purse and dress box on to the sidewalk in response to the sudden possibility of violence.

"Sorry, missy, but the girls with me. You got a problem with her, you got it with me too..." He says, reaching into his jacket for his trusty switchblade knife. He doesn't pull it out, but rests his hand on the handle.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 09:44 AM
Daisy worries for a second. I know all about intimidation. But I'm a lover, not a fighter. Still...

Seeing the girl shift her eyes to Damien, she lunges forward, attempting to grab the angel-girl's wrist or shoulder - somewhere she could grab and hold. Once she makes contact, she starts trying to use her ability, hoping to sway the girl.

Ophana, if she is really, really set on fighting, will not be swayed. However, if she's sorta...half-into it, she might feel suddenly like this is stupid and want to walk away.

If this doesn't work, I'm screwed... Daisy closes her eyes and waits to see what happens.

Beans
2009-06-18, 09:47 AM
Sure, big man now, huh?
Oh no! Grab'd!
But she's really friggin' fighty.
She moves about six feet backward with such speed that she's barely a blur. If Daisy's grip is sufficient, Daisy will be pulled along with her; otherwise, she will have bolted out of her grasp. She is, however, briefly woozy when she comes to a stop.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 09:50 AM
Considered Daisy was holding on, preparing to be face-punched, she's pulled along with Ophana. Blinking when they stop, she grabs the angel girl's other wrist and tries to look her in the face. "Stop it!" Whether that's directed to Ophana or Damien isn't really clear. Meanwhile, she is continuing to try and get Ophana to calm down.

Beans
2009-06-18, 09:55 AM
Oph is clearly too jumped-up to be calmed down. She answers with a vicious jab at Daisy's shoulder.

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 09:56 AM
Sadly, Damien likely isn't helping Ophana calm down, what with his menacing and intimidating posturing and all.

When she see's Ophan blink he surges forward, whipping out his knife and releasing the blade. "Daze, get away from her, you don't know what you are doing..." He yells out.

celtois
2009-06-18, 09:56 AM
Tira happens to be walking down this street toward the library at this point, upon seeing the fight she freezes unsure of what she should do.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 10:08 AM
Daisy winces as Ophana hits her, but she remains calm. Releasing one of the girl's wrists, she slaps her across the face - hard. Even against Ophana's tan, an angry red handprint appears almost immediately. "I said STOP IT!" Again, unsure who that's directed to. Probably both. "We don't need to do this!"

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 10:12 AM
Seeing Daisy get hit is more then enough for Damien.

He jumps in and attempts to push Daisy away from Ophana, probably a bit rougher then he needed to. If he can get Daisy away he will try to shove Ophana away too.

He is very angry and not afraid to strike Ophana with a fist or his knife if she escalates.

Beans
2009-06-18, 10:14 AM
That never stopped me!
She headbutts Daisy, forehead on forehead. Bam.

celtois
2009-06-18, 10:18 AM
Tira, runs off to try and fetch the cops. Assuming that there is nobody on who is in charge etc, of them I'll RP them when she returns with them.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 10:27 AM
((As far as I know, celt, there isn't anyone to run them - just mod them yourself.))

Daisy is stunned for a moment, then backs off, releasing Ophana. She's got everything she needs - a pair of witnesses, two victims, and physical evidence. She grabs Damien's hand, trying to soothe and calm him as she attempts to lead him away, back towards the bar. "Bad idea, little girl. I told you." The swelling of her right eyebrow is painful, but if it will help stop this girl, well worth it.

Beans
2009-06-18, 10:29 AM
Ophana is... just Ophana. She is provoked by anything, and she doesn't know when to stop until it's gone too far.
She snarls.

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 10:33 AM
Damien is VERY much dedicated to protecting Daisy, and is furious at seeing her injured. However, he isn't terribly keen on getting into a fight in public, so he backs away from Ophana, but keeping himself between the two women. "Back away, bitch!" He yells out, flashing his knife menacingly.

Beans
2009-06-18, 10:35 AM
Oh, yeah. Big man now, aren'cha? Threaten an unarmed girl, sure. Hypocrisy is very evident.

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 10:36 AM
"Why you..." Damien says, threatening to break away from Daisy's grip on him.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 10:41 AM
Notice how Daisy hasn't spoken to Damien since coming outside? Yeah, there's a reason for that. He's a criminal - brandishing a weapon. Probably not the best move on his part. But at least this girl doesn't know his name.

Daisy tightens her grip on Damien's hand. "Walk away. For me." She tries once more to lead him away.

celtois
2009-06-18, 10:42 AM
Running Tira is half way back from the station. They may here the sound of police running towards the conflict.

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 10:43 AM
Damien is obviously frustrated, and very angry. However, that simple gesture serves to remind him that he needs to look after Daisy first rather then punish her attacker.

"Ach, you ain't worth my time. But don't lemme see you hangin' around anymore, or you are gonna be sorry." Damien says, slipping into his New York accent.

He slips the knife back in his coat. "Lemme take you home baby, and get a look at that eye." He says to Daisy.

Beans
2009-06-18, 10:45 AM
Sonova---
Ophana tries to do her little "flit" thing, but clips a corner on her way; she tumbles to the ground headfirst. She struggles to rise, but slips back down again, her shoulder-wings flapping angrily.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 10:46 AM
Daisy shakes her head. "You go. I'll talk to the cops. Take my stuff home, alright? And I'll see you soon." She sees Damien open his mouth to protest and shakes her head. "Just do it. And take the long way."

Seeing Ophana down, Daisy runs over and sits on her back. She may not be big, but the weight of anyone on one's back would be hard to get up from. She waves her arms over her head and calls out to the approaching police. "Help! Over here!" She looks over at Damien and mouths "disappear".

celtois
2009-06-18, 10:47 AM
The four cops can now be seen, and they are still running closer. Tira is staying out of sight for now, not wanting to be involved with this. The cops are close enough that a shouting conversation could happen.

TwoBitWriter
2009-06-18, 10:49 AM
Damien nods, picking up Daisy's things.

"You be carefuly, baby. I'll be at my place..." He says, trying to give Daisy a quick kiss.

He walks away slowly, so as not to appear conspicuous. One thing he has always been good at was blending in with the crowd, and not just by using his power.

He turns around to look at her again, he looks extremly worried and it seems almost like he was going to walk back to her, but thinks again and continues back hom. He will avoid the metro station and just walk the streets.

celtois
2009-06-18, 11:03 AM
And the cops arrive. Okay what exactly is going on here. We had a visitor report a fight.

Beans
2009-06-18, 11:07 AM
Ophana struggles.
Get offa me, dammit!

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 11:07 AM
Daisy indicates her injured eye and forehead, then points down at the no-doubt-struggling angel girl beneath her. "This girl - Ophana - she attacked a patron of our bar." She gestures over to the Hollow. "I'm a visitor too, and I work there." Daisy flashes her ID card. "I came outside to ask her to leave, and she attacked me. I did defend myself and slapped her, but she assaulted me and I was afraid for my safety. She just wouldn't listen when I asked her to stop." Daisy figures it's best to be as upfront and honest as possible. "She tried to run, so I restrained her the only way I could. She's very, VERY fast."

celtois
2009-06-18, 11:12 AM
Your story seems to match what we know, except a few minor details, where is your friend the guy with the knife? He looks over too Ophana
How about you wings you got anything to say for yourself?

Beans
2009-06-18, 11:13 AM
"Wings", huh? That's cute.
Me? I got nothin' to say to any 'a you.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 11:19 AM
Daisy shakes her head and shrugs. "I dunno. He took off. He's one of the customers from the bar."

Kaelaroth
2009-06-18, 11:21 AM
An older looking, moustached cop, is walking (with the assistance of a cane) towards the group, looking most displeased.

celtois
2009-06-18, 11:23 AM
Well we will have to find him. Being a witness and all. Now as for you. He glares at wings. You've been charged with 2 counts of assault, unless you have anything to say, that will be 4 weeks of hard labour. He turns upon seeing the older cop and salutes. Sir.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-18, 11:25 AM
Don't bother saluting, kid. We're not in the army. The older guy says, digging in his pockets for a lighter. Even so: Report.

celtois
2009-06-18, 11:27 AM
This lady here with the wings as been charged with two counts of assault, the witnesses have been questioned however she refuses to answer our questions sir.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 11:29 AM
Daisy squirms uncomfortably, still seated atop Ophana. "Does someone wanna, you know, grab her or something?"

Kaelaroth
2009-06-18, 11:31 AM
Oh, for hell's sakes. The cop says, sighing, tossing the plastic cup of coffee he was totally holding to the side, spitting what's left of it out. Now, then. Pulling out a taser, he points at Ophana.

Beans
2009-06-18, 11:31 AM
Ophana tries again to get up, but gives up.
Ah, f[TWELVE]k it.
Yes, what now?

celtois
2009-06-18, 11:33 AM
I can restrain her miss. The cop walks over to help keep the suspect from running.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 11:34 AM
Seeing the taser, Daisy pushes herself up, out of the way of the weapon. She gestures again to the bar. "There's a girl inside who's much worse off than I am. You might want to get her statement too. Of course, their altercation took place before I came out, so I didn't see it." Wincing, she points to her facial injury. "Are we almost finished? I just got off work, and this really hurts. I'd like to get home and clean myself up if that's alright."

Kaelaroth
2009-06-18, 11:35 AM
Both of you move. Angel, we're pulling you in on charges. Any attempt to resist arrest will result in a large electric charge hitting your dime-store rump. The cop says. Officer, take this woman's statement, and let her go.

Beans
2009-06-18, 11:36 AM
She flutters her wings weakly, grumbling in impotence. No, not that type of impotence.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 11:36 AM
Daisy sighs with relief. "I already gave my statement, officer. Does that mean we're done?" She smiles hopefully.

celtois
2009-06-18, 11:37 AM
Yes sir. The officers scrambles to get out a notepad.
Will you please give me your name, and your statement again miss then you may leave. I need to get it written down.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 11:40 AM
Daisy sighs and repeats her story. "Daisy Flowers, #12 Highburn Street. Apartment 212." She smiles. "Thanks so much for taking care of this - I was really worried about how angry she was."

celtois
2009-06-18, 11:41 AM
No problem miss we are just doing our job, I'm sure this will all be cleared up shortly. He heads into the hollow to talk to the other assault victim.

Tira walks over to the library.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-18, 11:42 AM
Daisy heads for the transit tunnel, boards a train, and heads back to her apartment building.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-18, 11:44 AM
The older cop strides away into deadtime.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-23, 03:49 PM
Daisy stops randomly, always leaving the same message.

come home

She hopes the flower for a signature will be clue enough, and slinks away.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-25, 12:28 PM
A pair of booted feet stomp heavily down the streets of Metropolis. The owner of said feet, smirking behind his aviator shades, walks along, whistling a jaunty tune. But anyone who sees him knows this is not a happy man. His short, close-cropped hair is worn in a military style, and his boots are the same. Yet he wears no dog tags or anything else to indicate he might serve in the armed forces. His eyes search every alley, every business. He spots a splash of pink paint on a wall and chuckles coldly. She's here, alright - I'd recognize that crap anywhere. He pulls out his 'visitor' card and the page of information he'd obtained off the internet. Daisy Flowers - #12 Highburn Street, apartment 222. Ready or not, here I come.

Frank Peters has come to town.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-05, 03:15 PM
Damien wanders the streets, super paranoid.

He was sure Daisy wasn't at Highburn, or the police station.

Maybe The Hollow... no... Frank is there...

He is constantly looking over his shoulder, and he is sweating lightly. Wherever Daisy is, he had better find her.

"Why did you leave me like that, Daze? You know I would follow you anywhere..."

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-06, 10:04 AM
Damien walks slowly down the street, away from Metropolis, and heading toward nowhere in particular. His hands rest in his jacket pockets and his eyes are downcast. There may have been a tear or two, but Damien has resolved himself not to cry.

Sure he was simply a boytoy for her to use until her real man came back. He had bought it, he had believed her lies. He wonders why she didn’t take Frank back right there at the apartment. It was probably because she was afraid of what he would do then. Well… he hoped that she would be happy with that bastard, and that her new controlled, safe life was truly what she wanted.

He happens to pass the note that Daisy had written for him, begging him to come home. His heart briefly wrenched, and one tear managed to slip through his defenses, but he stops any others from coming through. It had been several days since the raid, maybe Damien could return home safely, finally. The thought of that cheers him slightly. Daisy would likely never return to Highburn, so he knew that he could move on with his life.

Jeez… it’s been ages since Damien actually worked. Rent must be coming up again soon…

Dirk Kris
2009-07-06, 10:07 AM
Damien may or may not hear someone whistling a jaunty tune as they stroll down the streets. Oh look, it's Frank...alone...headed back to Ophana.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-06, 10:18 AM
Curious, Damien doesn't say anything, but goes into full sneak mode. He activates his chameleon power and begins to follow Frank. He considers just killing him right there, but knows that the man is likely up to further trouble...

Dirk Kris
2009-07-13, 08:18 AM
Daisy's player has a better idea!

Daisy shifts away from the feel of the gun in the jacket - it still makes her uncomfortable. Coyly, grinning at Damien, she pulls away from him, heading for a line of cars parked along the street. "I get it babe. I was just saying...let me take care of it." She turns and starts checking the car doors, trying to find one that's unlocked. On the fourth attempt and after (thankfully) no alarms have gone off, Daisy opens the back door to an older style sedan. Grinning, she stands in the open doorway and looks over at her boyfriend.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 08:21 AM
Damien gets a wicked, understanding grin on his face. He look around to make sure nobody is watching before pulling Daisy close up to him. He kisses her deeply, grinding against her.

He pulls away long enough to clambor into the backseat of the car, taking her hand and drawing her inside behind him.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-13, 08:27 AM
Daisy giggles, closes the car door, and pulls the curtain.
Sexeh.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 08:31 AM
Damien is overcome in the moment, excited, nervous, and loving that Daisy is showing him her bad girl side.

When they are finished, in the strangers car. Damien wishes they could stay and snuggle, but realizes that it's probably time to get a move on.

"I think next time we should try it in a house that we are robbing..." Damien says, grinning as he zips up his pants and fastens his belt.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-13, 08:33 AM
Daisy adjusts her miniskirt and smirks at Damien as she lets herself out of the car, stretching. "How said anything about next time?"

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 08:35 AM
Damien takes the time to admire Daisy's body as she is climbing out of the car. He follows her soon after, closing the door behind him, almost but not really feeling sorry for the car's owner.

He slips his arm around Daisy's waist and pulls her close to him, nuzzling her neck with light kisses. "Because I know you... and I just can't get enough of you..." he mutters into her neck.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-13, 08:46 AM
Daisy grins and playfully pushes Damien away. "Stop - people are gonna stare." She raises an eyebrow. "Unless that's part of the plan?"

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 08:48 AM
Damien chuckles and pulls back close to Daisy. "I wouldn't mind... but we would have to at least charge..." He gives her a quick, but loving, kiss as they stumble tight against one another toward Highburn street, and home.

Bergett
2009-07-13, 10:04 AM
After, be dropped off from the trains, and finding his way up the stairs, a lone man wanders the streets aimlessly.
He seems only to be carrying a medical kit, and the clothes off his back.
He is wandering.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 10:37 AM
Damien leads Daisy down the streets, heading toward the Apartment building at Grover street.

He notices the lone man wandering around, looking confused and waves at him. "Hey, buddy. You look new in town..." he looks over at Daisy and shrugs, making his way across the street toward the new guy. He is hoping he isn't intimidating the poor fellow.

Bergett
2009-07-13, 10:45 AM
He seems a little startled.
Who- who are you?
He says a bit defensively.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 10:54 AM
Damien shrugs. "You can consider this your lucky day. Daisy here and I are the best people you can meet.”

He extends his hand for a handshake. “I’m Damien.”

Bergett
2009-07-13, 10:58 AM
He cautiously shakes his hand.
A-Andrew...
Where the hell am I?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-13, 11:00 AM
What's intimidating? They are a young, attractive couple walking down the street together.

Daisy smiles kindly at the man. "If you need a place to stay, there is an apartment building back there that will give free rent for a week. Great restaurant called Luigi's a few streets over. The Hollow is great for a drink."

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 11:02 AM
Damien looks at Daisy quizzically. He turns back to Andrew. "You are in Metropolis. This is where they shove all the world’s undesirables. Namely, the Powered. Doesn’t matter who you were, who you are, or what you did. I get the feeling you are a new prisoner here…”

“You need a job. Highburn street is not far, and it’s not much, but since the first week’s rent is free you will have time to find a job and start scraping together a life. We live on the 2nd floor, along with many others like you. We can help you if you need it.”

Dirk Kris
2009-07-13, 11:06 AM
Daisy glances at Damien, knowing he likely wants to get out of here, but wishing he were a little less terse with Andrew. "Don't worry - most of the people here are decent, and with the exception of having something special they might do now and again, they aren't all that different from 'normal' people. Not a bunch of circus freaks or anything." She smiles reassuringly.

Bergett
2009-07-13, 11:08 AM
Right...
Well I am a doctor.
He holds up his medical kit.
But they confiscated all of my surgical tools.
Is there a need of a doctor around here?
I'd be glad to help.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 11:08 AM
Damien looks away when Daisy mentions that they weren't freaks, ashamed.

"Yeah... most people here are decent and willing to help... And a doctor would be most welcome..." His eyes dart over to Daisy. A doctor would be very much welcome in their movement, considering how often they get into scrapes...

Damien continue to talk to Andrew. "You certainly are lucky you met us first, my friend. There are many others you can count on to help you get on your feet. We uh... we were just out for a stroll, we can help you find an apartment if you want..." Damien is willing to abort the night's intended job in order to try and groom the young doctor.

Bergett
2009-07-13, 11:11 AM
He holds up a hand.
No I think I can find my way from here.
Thanks though.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-13, 11:13 AM
Daisy seems to have another idea. She mouths "Jackie" at Damien, as her player hurries off to see if she's online.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 11:13 AM
Damien shrugs. "Go ahead, but you know her better then me, maybe you should tell him."

Bergett
2009-07-13, 11:16 AM
Andrew walks off in a direction.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-13, 11:29 AM
((I PM'd SoG, but no response - wanna just get on with it?))

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 11:31 AM
((Whatever it takes, Dirky... You can post next, I guess))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-13, 11:33 AM
Daisy shrugs and taps her wrist to indicate the time, jerking her head towards the direction they were headed before meeting Andrew.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-13, 11:51 AM
Damien nods and continues down the street with Daisy. And his player will post in the next thread.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-16, 01:06 PM
Damien walks toward the street where the shopkeer said that Tony's furniture place was, finding it, he steps inside and looks for a suitable, cheap couch.

McBish
2009-07-16, 09:59 PM
A homeless man pushes his shopping cart down the streets, being careful to avoid the eyes of the authorities. His cart is mostly filled with what looks like junk electronics. He seems to be muttering something to himself. Occasionally he stops and looks in windows of the buildings he is passing.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 09:42 AM
Daisy, her hair loose around her face, walks the streets, one hand playing with her necklace, the other with a thumb hooked through one of her belt loops. She hums quietly, deep in thought, not really paying attention to where she's going. She lets her feet lead her, sneakers slapping rhythmically on the pavement.

Beans
2009-07-19, 09:59 AM
Saff comes out of an alley in front of Daisy, pushbroom on her shoulder.
Hey, Daze. What's new?
BABIES BABIES BABIES.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 10:12 AM
Babies? Where? :smallamused:

Daisy smiles at Saff, opening her arms for a hug. "Hey! How've ya been? And how's Clarice? I haven't seen you guys in a while!" Hmm, she didn't answer the question.

Beans
2009-07-19, 10:14 AM
Saff hugs. And so do I. E-HUG FOR DIRKY.
Clar's back at Danny's place. She's been doing a lot better, and so have I.
So, anything new?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 10:35 AM
Daisy toys with the idea of telling Saff, then decides against it. "You look better. And new? Nothing really. I got a new couch! And Damien and I are...working on something together." She smiles like she has a secret, then sobers. "Damien wants to move in with me."

Oh yeah, and huggles to Beansy!

Beans
2009-07-19, 10:38 AM
Saff blinks.
Oh. That's... rich in potential awkwardness.
I'm wondering whether or not to, y'know, "officially" shack up with Danny myself.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 10:43 AM
Daisy grins at Saff. "I think it would be great to officially have you as a neighbor. Then I could just come bother you any time to-" Crap, almost said babysit! "...have girl talk and plot mischief and all that." Her smile falls a bit. "I told Dami I wasn't ready yet, but I think he's gonna ask again. And I sorta feel like I'll have to say yes now." She bites her lip - not what one would expect from someone so clearly enamoured.

Beans
2009-07-19, 10:48 AM
What is it that's holding you back from moving in with him? Not to sound like I'm trying to push you into it, I just'd like to know...

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 11:04 AM
Daisy shrugs. "With everything that's been going on, I just...sort of need a safe haven. Somewhere I can be alone and mellow out, ya know?" She smiles weakly. "Plus I don't want to lock myself in so permanently. Not after how things went with Frank." She sighs. "Not that I think Damien's ANYthing like him, I just...I feel like I need to wait."

Beans
2009-07-19, 11:10 AM
She nods.
Makes sense. Sometimes I need some me-time too---though I usually just get that right here on the job. Not that I don't love Clarice, I do, but sometimes you just need to be alone---
Clarice comes trotting out of the alley, chains jingling.
Hi, Saffy! Hi, Daisy!
Saff breaks into a smile and scoops the wee girl into her arms.
Hey, cutie! Wasn't expecting you here---I thought you were back at Danny's.
I was. But I wanted to see you.
Saff holds the girl and smiles at Daisy, her face lit up.
Isn't she just a sweetie?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 11:19 AM
Daisy grins, ruffling Clarice's hair. "You guys look so much better! Really. Clearly, you're good for each other." She meets Saff's eye and nods - she understands perfectly.

Beans
2009-07-19, 11:25 AM
We've finally got her able to sleep the whole night through, not waking up all crying or anything.
Clarice nods.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 11:27 AM
Daisy smiles and nods, stroking Clarice's hair. She directs her questions at Saff, hoping not to upset the girl too much. "Any memory coming back at all? Like family, friends, any of that?"

Beans
2009-07-19, 11:35 AM
Not really... I think.
Remember anything, Clar? She asks gently.
Head is shaken.
Nuh-uh.
But I don't mind, 'cause I got friends and family right here.
She lays her head on Saff's shoulder. The older girl's eyes moisten; her smile twitches a little. Awww.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 11:38 AM
Awwww.
Daisy smiles and lays a hand on Saff's shoulder, her voice low and comforting. "See? I told you that you deserved and would get better. Isn't this better than not caring?" No reproach there, just happiness. Daisy opens her mouth, ALMOST spills the beans (so to speak), closes it.

Beans
2009-07-19, 11:42 AM
Infinitely better.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 11:57 AM
Daisy eyes the broom over Saff's shoulder and grins, coming to a decision. "Got time for a break? I'm craving some ice cream, and Luigi's has some great stuff. My treat."

Beans
2009-07-19, 12:02 PM
Sure, I was pretty much done for now anyway.
She puts Clarice down.
How's ice cream sound, Clarice?
That'd be nice.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-19, 12:16 PM
Walking down the street, Damien can't help but think that it's still way too early for Daisy to head to work. He thinks Luigi's might be a better option, so he changes direction and heads that way.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 12:17 PM
"Good." Daisy takes Saff's hand and leads the way to Luigi's.

Beans
2009-07-19, 12:22 PM
Saff follows, with Clarice in tow.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-19, 02:37 PM
A young blonde girl is running in the streets. She doesn't look any older than 16.
A crowd of large men are chasing her. (about twenty of them)
She runs into a dead end. And roars. Weird.
A few of the men are thrown back through the air.
Leave me alone! I just want to find my big brother.

We don't tolerate your kind here.

Daniel rushes out of Luigis, and heads in the direction of another roar-like noise.

Beans
2009-07-19, 02:41 PM
Saff dissolves into a swirling cloud of sand, heading with Danny as well.
I can go ahead, find her quicker. Should I? She asks in a voice that is like many Saffs speaking at once. While whirling around. Still understandable.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-19, 02:43 PM
Damien is in swift pursuit, following Danny.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-19, 02:46 PM
She's not too far away, but if you think it's best.

More roaring. And then the girl is grabbed by one of the many large men. Who puts his hand over her mouth.

The leader (the one who spoke earlier), takes out a switchblade knife and brandishes it in front of her face.

I'm gonna enjoy this.

Beans
2009-07-19, 02:48 PM
The sand blows into the area of switchbladery and erupts into a full-blown sandstorm.
LET THE GIRL GO.
A chorus of voices like raging winds shouts.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-19, 02:51 PM
Damien goes Chameleon and starts beating up on the toughs, throwing them around and punching them in sensitive areas.

He's not going to kill any of them, unless it gets life-threatening, so he keeps his gun holstered.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-19, 02:51 PM
The leader drops his switchblade, and the other guy drops the girl to cover his eyes.

The other guys are covering their eyes and falling over.

Daniel arrives and launches a force blast at the guy who dropped the switchblade.

GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY SISTER!

The guy flies 30ft down the alley and into a dumpster.

ANYONE ELSE GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME OR MY LITTLE SISTER!

Damien is succesful in dispatching a few of them, who run off, along with a few others.

There's still 20 of them though. And they're starting to regain their wits. (or whatever wits they had)

Beans
2009-07-19, 02:56 PM
Saff's vicious side tears through her sweet, sisterly overlayer; she reforms, draws her stolen cop-pistol, and blows out a guy's kneecaps with it. Unless Freddy says that doesn't happen.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-19, 02:58 PM
Kneecaps are blown out and said guy drops to the floor screaming.

Daniel is tossing crooks into the air and slamming them into walls.

They're starting to retreat.

Beans
2009-07-19, 03:01 PM
Saff hurls the screaming guy at his fellows.

Her scar is flushed bloodred; bright drops of blood are beading along the scar.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-19, 03:12 PM
They fall over, and all the bad guys start to run away.

Daniel runs over to the girl.

Hannah. It's me. Daniel.

Big brother?

Yes Hannah. Big brother's here to make everything better.

And brother-sister hug activates.

Beans
2009-07-19, 03:13 PM
Saff calms down, wiping the blood from her face and putting the gun away. She smiles at the family moment.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-19, 03:15 PM
He lets go of her.
Come on Hannah. We need to get you somewhere safe.
Hannah nods.
Hannah, this is Saff. Saff, this is my little sister, Hannah.
Hi.
Hannah waves sheepishly.

Beans
2009-07-19, 03:19 PM
Saff puts on her warmest smile.
Nice to meet you, Hannah.
You're better-looking than your brother. She jokes in an attempt to, shall we say, break the ice.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-19, 03:20 PM
Thankyou. Are you Daniel's....? she doesn't finish the sentence.
Daniel blushes a teeny bit. Little bit awkward.

Beans
2009-07-19, 03:25 PM
Girlfriend?
... Yes. Her scar turns reddish-pink.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-19, 03:28 PM
She pats Daniel on the back.
Come on. We should get back to the diner.
He and his sister begin to make their way back to the diner.

Beans
2009-07-19, 03:29 PM
Saff follows, really hoping Hannah won't end up hating her.

Bergett
2009-07-19, 03:34 PM
Andrew can be found wandering the streets.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-19, 03:42 PM
((everyone just moved to Lucky Luigi's - hop on over there))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 03:58 PM
Daisy runs, her heartbeat pounding in her ears, her sneakers slapping on the pavement, her breath raggedly rushing out, sucking in. Tears blur her eyes, and she doesn't seem to know or care where she's going. She bumps into people, is cursed at. Her normally girl-next-door plain Jane pretty face is swollen, red, tear-stained. She runs as if she can get away from all the pain she just caused everyone she cares about.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 04:01 PM
Andrew is wandering when he sees Daisy.
Hey! What's wrong?
He yells after her.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 04:03 PM
"Everything!" Daisy keeps running.

((Sorry if that seems rude - she's sorta got a lot going on. And methinks she's about to get her arse kicked.))

Bergett
2009-07-20, 04:04 PM
He takes off after her.
Oh come on, it can't be that bad!
((quite all right I've been getting this stuff all day, in RP land...))

Beans
2009-07-20, 04:07 PM
A clamorous rattle heralds the approach of Clarice as she bolts after Daisy, her chains clattering.
STAND AND FACE ME, YOU WASTE!
Scariest 15-year-old ever. Not even joking.

A swirl of dust and grit blows in the updraft of her feet.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 04:08 PM
How convenient!

Daisy finds herself trapped in a dead end. An alley. Which she only discovers when she runs full-force into the wall. Ouch. Dazed, she lands on her back, nose bleeding from impact.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 04:11 PM
Andrew turns at clarice
Jesus Christ what the hell is wrong with you?!
You know I don't care!

He rushes over to Daisy.
Damn...
Daisy can you hear me?
Daisy?
He'll worry about the nose in a moment.

Beans
2009-07-20, 04:12 PM
Scary Clarice arrives and hauls her up by the shoulders, roaring into her face... unless stopped. But she certainly roars.
You're not getting away before I clear that empty head of yours!

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 04:13 PM
Scary Clarice arrives and hauls her up by the shoulders, roaring into her face.
You're not getting away before I clear that empty head of yours!
((Please be aware: god-modding.))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 04:13 PM
((No worries Kaela - we haz discussed it. It's perfectly OK.))

Daisy's eyes are open, but she hangs limp, still stunned from her faceplant on the wall. "Do me a favor, Clar. Go ahead and do it." Daisy's tone lacks the eager excitement Ophana's had when she asked for a beating. Her tone is more...broken, hopeless, what-the-hell-does-it-matter. Sorta like Saff's used to be.

McBish
2009-07-20, 04:14 PM
The homeless man from Luigi's comes out and hurries away, not wanting to stick close to the cops. He grabs his shopping cart and pushes it away. Who knows she might run across the scary 15 year old yelling at Daisy. He doesn't seem to remember the blood still on his hands.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 04:15 PM
Andrew doesn't know what to do.
So he closes his eyes and tries to punch Clarice in the face as hard as he can.

Beans
2009-07-20, 04:16 PM
WHACK. IN THE FACE.
She just snarls and lashes out with her boot, aiming for his stomach.

One of the chains on her jacket lashes out at Daisy's cheek.
Are you gonna take this?!

Bergett
2009-07-20, 04:17 PM
((...
you don't just shrug off a punch to the face from a 24 year old...))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 04:18 PM
((She's CRAZAY!))

Daisy's cheek is slashed open. Some part of Daisy stirs, and she shakes her head, sort of coming to her senses. "Stop!" Not clear who she means. "This is our fight, Clarice! He's not part of it." She shoots him a glance that suggests it would be better for him if he backed off now - she doesn't know what Clarice is capable of.

Beans
2009-07-20, 04:21 PM
((When you're past insanity, it can happen. This girl's pain threshold is pretty much through the roof.))
Answer me! She growls, lashing at her shoulder now with a blunter, heavier chain.
FIGHT BACK, DAMMIT!

McBish
2009-07-20, 04:22 PM
Well Al pushing his shopping cart along hears yelling coming from down an alley. He wonders what is going on, he pokes his head around the corner trying to see what is going on.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 04:23 PM
"No. I don't want to hurt anyone else." Daisy's eyes are still mostly blank, empty. "Especially not you, Clar. You've been through so much already."

One though runs through her head. Not the belly, not the baby, not the belly, not the baby.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 04:24 PM
((but... Physics...? She may not feel pain but would still be moved...
Fine...
Whatever...))

Andrew is kicked.
But decides to take a different approach.
Andrew will start using his power to start healing Daisy's wounds as they are inflicted.
Not the smartest idea.
But Andrew isn't the smartest person.

Beans
2009-07-20, 04:24 PM
((GAH. DEADTIME. I will try to be quick.))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 04:37 PM
((Beansy come back! Any given fool could see...))

Beans
2009-07-20, 04:45 PM
((What, thought I didn't love you guys anymore?))
You want your baby to have a life worth living?
ANSWER ME! DO YOU?!

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 04:49 PM
"I don't even think I deserve a baby." Or do I even want it if Damien's gone? Would Spike forgive me?

McBish
2009-07-20, 04:51 PM
Al looks down the alley but does his best to stay hidden not really having anyway to stop it or help.

Beans
2009-07-20, 04:52 PM
WRONG ANSWER! Lash at shoulder.
She seems to be avoiding the baby-zone.
"Deserves" isn't part of it.
Now get the hell up.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 04:53 PM
Someone can be heard walking nearby. La-la-la...

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 04:55 PM
"No." Daisy's eyes are hard, cold, empty. Thanks to Andrew, her cheek is healed, pink strip of skin showing. "Kick my ass or leave me alone, Clarice. Decide which is the real you and stick with it."

Beans
2009-07-20, 04:59 PM
Chains lash out, carving gouges in the brick and concrete nearby, making the air howl as they swing, but notably not coming close to hitting anyone.
You are going to learn to stand on your scrawny feet. Even if I have to break you like a fallen angel broke mine.
LEARN!

McBish
2009-07-20, 04:59 PM
Al not being in the alley will look around to see who is walking around, while at the same time trying his best to look like a harmless homeless man, which is easy because that is what he is.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 05:01 PM
There's a chunky looking guy, late teens, Hispanic, in a black suit. Looking somewhat scared. What with the loud, scary-ass shouting going on! :smalleek:

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 05:04 PM
"Not likely, Clar." Daisy's eyes are just sad.

Is that...Emanuel?

McBish
2009-07-20, 05:07 PM
Well Al sits by the entrance of the alley waiting to see if the man in the suit comes any closer.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 05:07 PM
Andrew will keep healing the wounds, praying that he doesn't get noticed.

Beans
2009-07-20, 05:08 PM
Fine. The voice goes dangerously low, full of scorn.
Let your thief run away. And the mutt. Let poor wittle Saffy drop back into depression, drinking herself into Indigo's grave.
And let people like Ophana Jacobson keep walking free, violating bodies and minds and leaving monsters like me in their wake.
Gah. Scary girly.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 05:11 PM
What's going on, down there? Emanuel asks the homeless guy, shivering, despite himself, pointing down the alley.

McBish
2009-07-20, 05:13 PM
Scary things, we wouldn't suggest going down there. says the homeless man.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 05:13 PM
"Hey, Clarice? Know who you remind me of? Little Miss Ophana wanna-be. With your big words and your scary chains and your sob story. Well f*cking do something about it. Go ahead, be just like your hero - and then you can burn like she did." Daisy squirms for the first time, trying to break free.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 05:14 PM
While all of this was happening Andrew retrieved his medkit.

Beans
2009-07-20, 05:16 PM
Clarice lashes at her again.
WHAT THE F*CK DO YOU THINK I'M DOING?
YA THINK I'M DOING THIS FOR FUN?!
I'm doing this because I'm f[or]king tired of seeing pathetic wastes of space like you mope around.
You can talk back, NOW FIGHT BACK. Fight like I had your baby by the throat.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 05:19 PM
Manny pauses. And starts walking, slowly, down towards the fighting pair.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 05:19 PM
"Fine." Daisy lunges forward, taking Clarice's head in her hands. "I'm sorry." Then Daisy pours every ounce of pain, fear, and sorrow she's ever known into Clarice.

Seems she's trying to snap her out of it or get the crap kicked outta her.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 05:20 PM
Andrew's heard enough.
People don't have to fight!
You don't have to!
Some people don't want to!
You don't have to kill to survive!
We're people!
Not animals!
No, wait I'm wrong,
WE aren't YOU are.
He says to Clarice.

Beans
2009-07-20, 05:20 PM
Clarice screams, limbs and chains thrashing madly. She tries desperately to escape from the grip, the horror.

McBish
2009-07-20, 05:22 PM
That's a mistake. He says as Manny walks down the alley.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 05:23 PM
Daisy's heart melts - she's hurt someone else now, too. She stops, and immediately changes the emotion pouring into Clarice to calm, love, affection. She focuses on the three of them hugging, of the joy she felt when she told Damien she was pregnant, of the elation she felt the first night away from Frank.

"She's not a monster! She's just hurt and scared!" Daisy's eyes stream tears, and she grows paler, as if this much effort is taking a serious toll on her.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-20, 05:24 PM
Seeing the people.. hugging? Embracing? Manny realises his mistake. They weren't fighting, they were... were... oh.
Oh.
In the street? Jeez, get a room. Turn around, and walk away.

Beans
2009-07-20, 05:28 PM
((Daisy and a 15-year-old psycho girl?
NO NO NO NOT THINKING ABOUT IT NO NO NO.))
Clarice ceases struggling, but her chains spasm feebly.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 05:31 PM
Daisy leans her face close to Clarice and whispers into her ear. "We will love you no matter what. We would never hurt you on purpose. Please forgive me." Daisy sends a wave of exhaustion to Clarice, hoping to knock her out.

Beans
2009-07-20, 05:32 PM
She is KO'd.

McBish
2009-07-20, 05:33 PM
Al the homeless man is still sitting next to his shopping cart at the end of the alley.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 05:36 PM
What the hell just happened?!

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 05:37 PM
Exhausted, pale, Daisy's face looks ashy. She looks wearily at Andrew, the doctor. "I didn't hurt her - she should be fine. Please, take her home. And remember what I said - she's not a monster." Indeed, unconscious, calm Clarice is quite adorable. "She's just been through a lot of sh*t." Limping slightly, Daisy heads towards the end of the alley again, still intent on being anywhere that isn't home.

As she wanders, she looks around and realizes she is looking for Spike - maybe he would understand the easiest. Damien...would likely never forgive her.

Beans
2009-07-20, 05:38 PM
Sand, dust and grit begin to skitter around Daze. Oh, poo.

Bergett
2009-07-20, 05:42 PM
Why do I have to take this psycho home?
Hey remember this daisy.
No matter what you may have done.
There are people that will help you.
You're not alone in this word.
You taught me that...
He cautiously approaches Clarance

McBish
Al the homeless man watches as Daisy walks by apparently unhurt, at least physically.

Dirk Kris
Daisy is, like, so far beyond caring now. She sighs. "Go home, Saff. Take Clar. She needs some rest. I...I'll just end up making you miserable too. I ruin everything, everything." She trudges along, blinded by tears again. Though her nose is no longer bleeding, or her cheek, she is still covered in drying blood.

Beans
2009-07-20, 05:45 PM
Clarice comes to. She rolls onto her side and retches.
Rolling away from her vomit, she shudders.
Wha... ah... what...?

Bad move, Daze.
The skittering turns into a fullblown dust-devil.
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, DAISY?! The chorus of windy Saff-voices shriek.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 05:52 PM
"Apparently I'm a whore. And a liar. And whatever else you want to call me or think of me."

Trudge. Trudge. Limp. Stumble. Trudge.

Beans
2009-07-20, 05:56 PM
Saff reforms in front of Daisy, her eyes wide and frantic.
Daze... please, don't leave us.
We need you.
I need you.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 06:03 PM
Daisy sighs, shoulder slumped. "I'm not leaving, Saff." She looks around and chuckles bitterly. "Where the hell would I go, anyway?" She shakes her head sadly. "I just can't be there right now. I can't explain what that all was or what I was thinking. But I'm not sleeping around." She meets Saff's eyes, then looks away. "I don't expect you to believe me. Please, Saff. Just...let me be alone for a while, OK?"

Beans
2009-07-20, 06:09 PM
... Okay, Daisy.
I... I can believe you.
I'll let you go, but remember. I don't care what you do, what you say---I still love you.
She stands aside.

McBish
2009-07-20, 06:10 PM
Al gets up takes his shopping cart and pushes it away heading around randomly about Metropolis.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 06:11 PM
Daisy hugs Saff tightly, then jogs away. "Get Clarice home - take care of her." She calls over her shoulder, that empty glaze coming back over her eyes.

Beans
2009-07-20, 06:14 PM
Saff picks Clarice off the ground and heads home.
Some say looooooooooooooooooove
Is liiiiike a riiiiiiiiverrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dirk Kris
2009-07-20, 06:21 PM
Daisy wanders long into the night, until her legs give way and she just collapses mid-stride. Unable to move, unable to rest, she lays there, eyes wide, tears streaming, until she falls asleep right where she is. On the sidewalk. Some caring soul spreads out a newspaper over her, and soon she is just another huddling, trembling mass, along with the city's garbage and homeless.

Welcome home, Daze. Welcome to where you really belong - just like mom always said.

With that comforting thought, she finally drifts into deadtime.

McBish
2009-07-20, 06:54 PM
On the upside tonight isn't a bad night to be sleeping on the streets. Al knows this as he pushes his cart down an alley and starts to play around with his electronics. He sets up a satellite dish connecting it to several circuit boards a radio and an old car battery.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-20, 10:10 PM
Damien is walking down the street, musing at the destruction he has caused. He also muses over the wreckage that is his heart. He realizes that he had likely jumped to an extremely hurtful conclusion, but how else could he explain how viciously Daisy had turned on him?

He, who had been shot, beat up, and who had changed his entire outlook on life for her.

Damien passes very close to where Daisy is sleeping, unbeknownst to him. Some passerby bumps into him.

"Hey, Watch where you're going, buddy!"

McBish
2009-07-20, 10:14 PM
If he looks down the right alley he might see Al messing with some electronics. He might also notice that electronic signals within a block radius of Al are all messed up.

Beans
2009-07-20, 10:14 PM
He may get the feeling that he is being followed.
But when he turns around... if he turns at all, that is... there is not much to see; a girl in a black jacket, a late-night tutor with his briefcase, someone almost drunk.
But he may still get that gut feeling.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 07:59 AM
Daisy wakes, shivering with early morning chill in Metropolis' ever-present haze. She doesn't move, groaning, her mind settling on the fact that it was not all just a dream.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 08:09 AM
"You all right, luv?" A nearby guy asks, as he pauses to light up a cigarette, shivering in the cold.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 08:14 AM
"No." Moaning, Daisy sits up, her whole body aching from a night spent on the ground. Realizing she still has dried blood on her, she quickly amends her statement. "Physically, yes. I think. Just...one of those days, ya know?" She offers the stranger a weak attempt at a smile. Her eyes are still red from crying.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 08:19 AM
"Well, here's something," The guy says, reaching into his bag, "Have this. And this, too, I suppose." Dropping a leaflet near her, he also throws down a few coins, and, giving her a slightly odd look, starts to make his way away from her.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 08:21 AM
Daisy, eyes growing hard, scoops up the coins and leaflet. She jogs after the man and taps his shoulder. "I wasn't begging - I don't need your money." She holds her hand out for him to take it back.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 08:22 AM
"Keep it." He says, looking her up and down. "You haven't got anything with you, have you, and the buses that don't require ID cards require money."

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 08:25 AM
"I can walk." Daisy grits her teeth, even though she understands the man is being kind. "Please. I would feel obligated somehow."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 08:28 AM
"Fine." He says, pursing his lips, in disapproval, perhaps, as he starts to walk off, having taken the money back.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 08:35 AM
As he walks away, Daisy opens the leaflet and reads it.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 08:39 AM
Sick of Yourself?
Masque
Is the Answer to your woe!
17 Crescent Lily Street

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 08:43 AM
Intrigued, wondering if she's found a group similar to the one she is was trying to form, Daisy makes a few inquiries, then heads for the address listed.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 08:47 AM
Crescent Lily Street is a small, cobbled street, seemingly a small remnant of the old, old Old Town that formed the early beginnings of the town that became the city that became Metropolis. The haze of the city lingers deeper here, and the bright lights of the street-lamps vaguely cutting through the smog give the small street an even more claustrophobic feel. Most of the windows are curtained, and the heavy doors look rather secure.
Number 17 is rather similar to many other houses on the road; larger than the average house, but seemingly very old fashioned. Its windows are masked by heavy dark purple, or green, curtains, and empty bottles lie by the door, ready for collection.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 08:50 AM
Taking in the scene, looking around for any people or signs of life, Daisy approaches. She has no idea what time it is - the haze makes it impossible to tell from the sun. She walks up to the door, wishing she looked better, less...ghastly. She smoothes down her hair, takes a deep breath, and knocks. Can't be all bad - they recycle. An almost-smile flutters on her lips.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 08:54 AM
Someone can be heard approaching the door, and, seemingly, a little peephole's opened up. Who's there? A young-sounding woman's voice asks, a strong, received pronunciation accent perhaps marring her words in Daisy's ears. Who're you?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 08:56 AM
Daisy almost-smiles and waves the leaflet. "I'm...Rose. Someone gave me your pamphlet." She leans close, her voice quiet. "This is Masque, right?"

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 08:57 AM
Yeah, it is. Um. Are you a client? Do you, um, want to come in? The voice asks, slightly worried, perhaps. Perhaps from the appearance Rose is currently styling; disheveled and bloody!

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 08:59 AM
Daisy looks down at herself and sighs. "I would like to come in, if you don't mind. I apologize for my appearance - I helped break up a fight yesterday, and one of the people involved was wounded." She takes a step back. "I can leave and come back later if I need to, I suppose."

Daisy is CRAP at lying, but these mostly-truths are a breeze!

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 09:02 AM
No, it's um, OK. The door can be heard being unlocked twice, no - three times, and the security chain can be heard being unlatched. And soon, the door swings open. The corridor's dimly lit, so it's hard to see what's actually in the house, but the person standing right in the doorway is easily visible.
A ridiculously beautiful girl. Hair of liquid gold, the brightest blue eyes, the purest skin, the cutest lips, the finest figure.. dressed in fairly cheap looking, but well-kept, blue jeans, and a purple hoodie. Hi?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 09:04 AM
Daisy extends her hand to be shaken. "Nice to meet you...?" She seems to be waiting on a name. She is struck by the girl's beauty, reminding her again of her own less-than-glamorous looks, even at her best. It makes her self-conscious, but not visibly. Much. With her other hand, Daisy tries to combs tangles out of her long mop o' brown.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 09:06 AM
I'm Isserley. It's um, really nice to meet you, Rose. The gorgeous, doll-like girl, perhaps in her late teens, says, letting her lithe, smooth hand be shaken. Sorry, Mary and Stephen aren't in, right now. Do you, um, want to come in, and wait, anyway? I could make some coffee?

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 09:09 AM
Daisy smiles and shakes her head slightly. "I'm not a coffee drinker. But some ice water would be lovely." Daisy takes a step forward. "And I'm happy to wait."

Kaelaroth
2009-07-21, 09:14 AM
OK, um. Come in, then. Isserley steps aside, to let Daisy inside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6545508#post6545508).

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 09:18 AM
Daisy's player posts in the other thread, then Daisy returns to the streets. Spike is gone. Damien's gone. Clarice will always be afraid of me...this sucks. She finds herself looking up at the tall skyscrapers, wondering how hard it would be to get to a rooftop. Maybe I just need a new perspective.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 09:28 AM
Damien is still wandering the streets, not wanting to go home to Daisy, but feeling so lost and alone.

And cold.

Maybe a tad guilty over the destruction he had just caused.

Lost in his thoughts, he continues to wander, apparently waiting for something to happen to him.

Beans
2009-07-21, 09:29 AM
There is a minor commotion near Daisy's position; a man carrying a package nearly knocks a young woman to the ground, and immediately begins apologizing profusely, helping her to her feet.
Yes, this has some significance somehow.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 09:33 AM
Daisy pauses, watching the commotion. She finds herself walking closer, curious. She feels...drawn.

TwoBitWriter
2009-07-21, 09:34 AM
Damien decides to try and face the music, he clenches his fist and takes several short breaths while releasing his fists and starts walking toward Highburn Street.

Beans
2009-07-21, 09:35 AM
The girl quickly picks herself up and heads in the opposite direction from Daisy, walking in the peculiar gait of one who is in a terrific hurry but doesn't want anyone to know it.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 09:45 AM
"Excuse me - is everything alright?" This coming from a girl in a bloody t-shirt.

Beans
2009-07-21, 09:46 AM
The girl makes the mistake of looking over her shoulder.
Seeing Daisy.
Speeding up a bit.
Chase scene!

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 09:48 AM
...not exactly. Daisy's not in a chasing kind of mood.
Unless Beansy needs her to be.

Beans
2009-07-21, 09:55 AM
Beansy wouldn't mind.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 09:59 AM
((*snicker*))

Daisy takes off after the girl, worried. Thankfully she's got jeans and tennis shoes on! Then again, Daisy's short, so she doesn't take very long strides. Oh well, the girl does her best.

Beans
2009-07-21, 10:03 AM
The girl ducks into an alley. There is a clatter and a thump, like someone tripping over copper pipes.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 10:05 AM
Daisy follows, making sure to keep an eye on her steps so she doesn't trip as well.

Beans
2009-07-21, 10:08 AM
The girl sees Daisy and unwisely scrambles backward, backing into a wall.

"Don't hurt me! I only did what she told me, she woulda killed me if I didn't!"

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 10:13 AM
Daisy holds her hands up to show they are open - a calming gesture. "Relax - who or what are you talking about?"

Beans
2009-07-21, 10:18 AM
"You know who I mean. Ophana Jacobson. The one your man and the street-girl killed.
I thought you'd all be going after people like me, who had to step into her line or get the shank."
She pants.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 10:22 AM
Daisy frowns and shakes her head. "No - we aren't like that at all." She smiles softly, understandingly. "We all do what we have to. I just hope you are making better decisions now that she's gone." Daisy backs away, giving the girl some room. A sudden cramp makes her place a hand over her belly and grimace in discomfort, but then it passes.

Beans
2009-07-21, 10:25 AM
The girl nods, then tries to scramble out of the alley by swerving around Daisy. Not bumping her.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 10:29 AM
Daisy watches her go, then shakes her head sadly. I really do hope she makes better choices. She spots an open side door in the alley and looks up. This particular building is veeeeeeery tall. Smiling faintly, Daisy makes her way inside.

Falgorn
2009-07-21, 10:31 AM
((...Is Daisy doing what I think she's doing?
Like, jumping off?))

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 10:33 AM
((*innocent whistle* Stay tuned, folks!))

McBish
2009-07-21, 12:22 PM
Al has packed up his electronics back into his shopping cart and has started pushing it around. He stops on occasion to dig through trash looking to find more electronics for his collection.

Beans
2009-07-21, 12:52 PM
The strange, trenchcoated figure continues to watch Daisy and the little girl. Like a hawk.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-21, 12:53 PM
Daisy kneels down, surprised that the girl isn't perturbed by the blood on her shirt. "I don't know your mommy, honey. But I'll be happy to help you find her. What's your name?"

The little girl blushes, shy. "Seraphina. But most people call me Sera."

Daisy smiles. "I'm Daisy - what a lovely name you have."

Serphina nods. "I'm named after an angel, just like my mommy."

Daisy smiles again and reaches for Seraphina's hand. "That's sweet, Sera. What's your mommy's name, so we can find her?"