PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up with girls

Ricky S
2009-06-18, 09:37 PM
Hey, I have been really friendly with a girl for a while. We always hit it off at parties and she is really hot and has a great personality. The only problem is I dont really know how to go in for the first kiss. Apparently she was disappointed at the last party that I didnt kiss her but it didnt seem like the right time. i really like her and any advice would be helpful.

Erloas
2009-06-18, 09:46 PM
Well I would think the obvious first step would be to ask her out. Go somewhere that is more personally social then a party (parties are social, but not really on a personal level) to get to know eachother a bit better. It will probably be a lot easier to judge the situations and do what feels like the right thing (such as kissing) then at a place like a party. Especially a party that is probably completely full of both of your friends which can make things a lot more awkward.

Faulty
2009-06-18, 09:49 PM
Ask her out to dinner and kiss her at the end of the date.

Joran
2009-06-18, 10:47 PM
Bring mistletoe.

P.S. I don't remember how I first kissed my wife. I am slightly bothered by this.

Thes Hunter
2009-06-18, 11:00 PM
Just do it!

Ricky S
2009-06-18, 11:14 PM
Haha, best advice ever. Will give it a shot.

Rutskarn
2009-06-18, 11:20 PM
Alright, I have a surefire solution for you.

First, you must give her a gift to show that you're thinking of her. I recommend a can of mace, or perhaps a taser and holster. Make sure she has it on her later--it will heighten the air of romance.

Casually invite her to your room to see your collection of knives, squirrel skulls, and dead spiders. Let her browse the collection...and "accidentally" find, in the drawer next to them, your endearing assortment of stalker photos of her. She will not mention these immediately, but may bring them up later--in a bit of coy flirtation where she threatens to take out a restraining order. This will be your signal to move.

Move in immediately, overbearingly, and slowly--so she has plenty of time to react. I guarantee, it will be a moment you remember for the rest of your life.

zql
2009-06-18, 11:21 PM
hold her hand first
it's kind of corny, but most girls like it

and, failing at holding her hand it's less awkward than getting a kiss rejected

Ricky S
2009-06-18, 11:24 PM
Damn, my mum threw away my collection of skulls, zombies, antique weaponry, spiders and all that is bad in this world. So it seems like you have a bit of experience in this tactic? Does it work? I would surely be completely overwhelmed with love should anyone ever try that on me.

Seriously though I think I will ask her out to dinner seems like a good plan. I will be seeing her again at a party tonight but like was said before, I dont think it is a good place to get together with someone.

Edit: Good point. Although I know she did want me to kiss her, holding hands is probably better to start off with.

Rutskarn
2009-06-18, 11:28 PM
Damn, my mum threw away my collection of skulls, zombies, antique weaponry, spiders and all that is bad in this world. So it seems like you have a bit of experience in this tactic? Does it work? I would surely be completely overwhelmed with love should anyone ever try that on me.

You know, funny you should ask. I had a string of really bad luck with the first few femmes I tried it on.

At least I managed to get a new collection out of the deal. Squirrel heads are kinda passe, anyway.

Sneak
2009-06-18, 11:33 PM
Re: the squirrel heads.

Did you trade them for the head of a stuffed dog named Stephen, by any chance?

FoE
2009-06-18, 11:33 PM
Girls Want Bad Boys, right? So ask her on a date and then rob a convenience store in the middle of it. She'll be all over you, dude.

My usual tactic is to wait until I've walked her to her door, unless she's against all that 'chivalry' stuff. You kind of gotta play it by ear.

If you're meeting her at a party, why don't you suggest leaving early or going for a walk? "Boy, is it stuffy in here! Do you want to get some air?"

Rutskarn
2009-06-18, 11:35 PM
Girls Want Bad Boys, right? So ask her on a date and then rob a convenience store in the middle of it. She'll be all over you, dude.

Nah, girls these days are desensitized to that sort of old-fashioned romance. If you're taking that approach, I recommend a bank job or a knife stabbing.

FoE
2009-06-18, 11:39 PM
Nah, girls these days are desensitized to that sort of old-fashioned romance. If you're taking that approach, I recommend a bank job or a knife stabbing.

Perhaps you could present her a bloody trophy or something? Nothing says "I want you" like a severed hand.

Jack Squat
2009-06-18, 11:41 PM
Perhaps you could present her a bloody trophy or something? Nothing says "I want you" like a severed hand.

I prefer live hearts myself

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/jacksquat3/valentine-card15.jpg

Rutskarn
2009-06-18, 11:41 PM

That's a valid approach, but the hand is kinda impersonal. Maybe a tongue, or...ooh! Ooh!

"I only have eyes...for you."

Feel free to steal that.

In Rutskarnia, the national pastimes are snarking, selling mechanical squirrels, and giving really bad advice.

skywalker
2009-06-18, 11:59 PM
My usual tactic is to wait until I've walked her to her door, unless she's against all that 'chivalry' stuff. You kind of gotta play it by ear.

If you're meeting her at a party, why don't you suggest leaving early or going for a walk? "Boy, is it stuffy in here! Do you want to get some air?"

It's so sad that you white-texted this. The stuff I bolded (white bolded?) is especially good, since at this age, going out on dates might not really be a "thing." It might be more normal to just "hook up" (oh my god that phrase has so many different connotations to so many people) at parties. (Oh my god I'm just trying to increase my count of parenthesis).

In Rutskarnia, the national pastimes are snarking, selling mechanical squirrels, and giving really bad advice.

In Soviet Russia, really bad advice gives you!

TSED
2009-06-19, 12:03 AM
In Soviet Russia, really bad advice gives you!

A bad case of gas.

North
2009-06-19, 12:31 AM

Seriously though I think I will ask her out to dinner seems like a good plan. I will be seeing her again at a party tonight but like was said before, I dont think it is a good place to get together with someone.

Edit: Good point. Although I know she did want me to kiss her, holding hands is probably better to start off with.

Id say go right for the kiss at at the party. Quite a few of my relationships have started that way. One thing that has worked for me and is totally cheesey is telling her that you have a secret to tell her, then when you lean in to whisper kiss her, then say "yeah i got nothing Ive just been really wanting to do that". If you pull it off right its a great icebreaker and way to start things. Cheesey as hell but has worked great. *

Faces idea of the going for a walk is really good too. But you have to make sure that if the moment arrives you go for it. Dont hesitate!

Good Luck!

Norths result may vary from person to person.

Coidzor
2009-06-19, 12:46 AM
Bring mistletoe.

P.S. I don't remember how I first kissed my wife. I am slightly bothered by this.

Your wife is going to kill you. Farewell sir. We salute you.

Anyway. OP, Ricky S... Do you know how to kiss? Are you anxious and nervous about that part of it? Or is it just the timing/run up to the event that you're having trouble with? Because I think we've got it covered if it's just the latter unless you have some additional concerns?

Edit: As reorith says... yeah... definitely want to avoid smelly foods for at least dinner, the whole day if possible. and brush your teeth after every meal and again before you leave to see her. wouldn't hurt to be extra thorough with flossing as part of your prep as well.

reorith
2009-06-19, 12:56 AM
ricky s, my advice to you is avoid onions, garlic and eggplants. also, .03 bac is a fun place to be.

SDF
2009-06-19, 01:03 AM
Just make sure you bring your breathalizer, because if you get to .04 you'll blow it!

Warpfire
2009-06-19, 01:08 AM
Because nothing gets the ladies going like pulling out a breathalyzer in the middle of a conversation.

reorith
2009-06-19, 01:11 AM
Because nothing gets the ladies going like pulling out a breathalyzer in the middle of a conversation.

don't be ridiculous. i usually slip off to the restroom first.

Warpfire
2009-06-19, 01:24 AM
It could be argued that disappearing regularly is really only marginally better. Do it too much and they think you have an overactive bladder, and who wants that?

Shademan
2009-06-19, 01:27 AM
dangit! way to late now, but I was gonna say chloroform.

reorith
2009-06-19, 01:28 AM
regularly? like twice tops. if you whip it out at the table/bar it becomes this weird contest.

GAThraawn
2009-06-19, 01:30 AM
Surprised no-one else has said this, but the fact that you know she was dissapointed you haven't kissed her already gives you a huge advantage over most kids in your situation. You may be anxious as to how the kiss itself goes, but you can be confident it won't be inappropriate or uncomfortable.

You want it, you know she wants it, as was said before, just go for it!

Warpfire
2009-06-19, 01:36 AM
regularly? like twice tops. if you whip it out at the table/bar it becomes this weird contest.

Well I've never bothered much with the whole breathalyzer thing, so I wouldn't know.

I think a breathalyzer contest could actually be fun, though, in the right situation.

Nevrmore
2009-06-19, 01:39 AM
It could be argued that disappearing regularly is really only marginally better.
I'm the invisible man
I'm the invisible man
Incredible how you can see right through me
I'm the invisible man
I'm the invisible man
It's criminal how I can see right through you

reorith
2009-06-19, 01:43 AM
Well I've never bothered much with the whole breathalyzer thing, so I wouldn't know.

I think a breathalyzer contest could actually be fun, though, in the right situation.

just make sure you have enough mouthpiece covers to go around. *shudders*

Narmoth
2009-06-19, 01:53 AM
Body contact.
Start with holding her hand. Touch her shoulder and be physically close with her. Then kissing will be much more natural.
Good luck :smallsmile:

Warpfire
2009-06-19, 01:56 AM
I'm the invisible man
I'm the invisible man
Incredible how you can see right through me
I'm the invisible man
I'm the invisible man
It's criminal how I can see right through you

Queen, right?

just make sure you have enough mouthpiece covers to go around. *shudders*

Good point. Didn't think of that.

But I saw people do it in a movie once, so it has to be a good idea, right?

Also, on topic: just kiss her. Christ, if you both want to, what the hell are you waiting for? It's the most natural thing ever, you'll figure it out.

Nevrmore
2009-06-19, 02:14 AM
Queen, right?
Scatman John.

Warpfire
2009-06-19, 02:28 AM
Doing a cover of Queen, though.

Huh, hadn't ever heard of that guy before.

SilverSheriff
2009-06-19, 02:33 AM
dangit! way to late now, but I was gonna say chloroform.

this is a sure-fire way of picking up any girl; literally.

Nevrmore
2009-06-19, 02:35 AM
Weird. I'm a Queen fan and I'd never heard the original.

Scatman John's most famous song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHLEm9-0bg)

Warpfire
2009-06-19, 02:42 AM

Well, to be honest my first reaction was, 'what the ****?', but once I actually started listening it was pretty good.

As for the Queen original, with Queen I know a couple super obscure songs, the mega-popular ones, and then that's it. It's weird.

Lo and behold, the original. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hBhhmLGEA)

Not really their best work, anyway.

Coidzor
2009-06-19, 03:16 AM
In short. YOU Can Do It.

Ricky S
2009-06-19, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the advice guys and girls. Its mostly the lead up, I get overly nervous anytime I meet a girl I really like, I am sure most people do as well its not exactly uncommon. Ok well I will see her at the party tonight Ill tell you all how it goes tommorow. :smallsmile: hopefully well.

Thajocoth
2009-06-19, 03:45 AM
While talking to her, she will likely cause there to be a pause in the conversation. Not all pauses are cues, but some are. Especially from women. I remember with my ex-gf, she'd pause and make this weird sound as she exhaled as a very obvious cue. Such pauses are often accompanied with looking down (from nervousness) and/or exhaling noises (from impatience, I think... Not 100% sure.)

Also, lean in most of the way, but don't lock lips unless she also does so... Just to be sure...

-----

I don't naturally get social things as well as the average person, so I have to study my own society from an anthropological perspective to fit in...

zql
2009-06-19, 05:19 PM
I don't naturally get social things as well as the average person, so I have to study my own society from an anthropological perspective to fit in...

There is a wierdo in the beginning of all social sciences.

Thajocoth
2009-06-19, 05:37 PM
There is a wierdo in the beginning of all social sciences.

My motto: "There's only one person in the world who's completely normal... And I wouldn't want to be THAT weirdo!"

TheThan
2009-06-19, 05:52 PM
Just take her in your strong masculine arms, say something along the lines of “baby, there’s only ever been you” or something else reminiscent of an old 30s gumshoe movie. Then dip her in a dramatic fashion (do not drop her). Then lean over and plant a big whopping™ kiss on her.

in lieu of that, tie her to the railroad track. Its guaranteed to get her ever loving attention.

lio45
2009-06-19, 05:52 PM
Probably too late for advice, but you should DEFINITELY not attempt anything at that party... instead, take her on a couple dates. After that, if everything went well and you feel there's some chemistry, you can eventually move up the ladder. She'll be a lot easier to read for you then, and you won't screw up like you could by trying a kiss at a party.

That's the safe approach...

JMO, obviously.

Exception, of course, is if both of you are really drunk at that party. Then, yes, you can safely attempt it.

lio45
2009-06-19, 05:54 PM
P.S. Sorry for the boring post with decent advice... :D

Flame of Anor
2009-06-19, 05:58 PM
Just, if you do the "get her alone" thing, don't make it look like you're trying to *ahem* if you know what I mean.

Sewer_Bandito
2009-06-19, 07:51 PM
Simple. surefire method that works everytime, in any location/situation.

Step 1: Smile.
Step 2: Place arm around waist.
Step 3: Eye contact.
Step 4: Using other arm and body movement, draw her in.
Step 5: Kiss.
Step 6: Depending on your location, step 6 can go in any number of directions.

Good luck!

Ricky S
2009-06-19, 07:57 PM
Last night was a success! HURRAH!!! I went to the party only had a few drinks and we talked most of the night. I did go in for the kiss which turned into a make out session (a short one, but oh so worth it). Her only problem was that I should have done it the first time I saw her (we met like 2 weeks ago). And I have also asked her out on a date, which she accepted :smallsmile:. Thanks to all the advice most of it helped, some of it not so much :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2009-06-19, 07:59 PM
Last night was a success! HURRAH!!! I went to the party only had a few drinks and we talked most of the night. I did go in for the kiss which turned into a make out session (a short one, but oh so worth it). Her only problem was that I should have done it the first time I saw her (we met like 2 weeks ago). And I have also asked her out on a date, which she accepted :smallsmile:. Thanks to all the advice most of it helped, some of it not so much :smallbiggrin:
Great job Ricky! Glad to hear it worked out great for you! Hope you can keep it up. :smallwink:

LXH
2009-06-19, 08:31 PM
Simple. surefire method that works everytime, in any location/situation.

Step 1: Smile.
Step 2: Arm place arm around waist.
Step 3: Eye contact.
Step 4: Using other arm and body movement draw her in.
Step 5: Kiss.
Step 6: Depending on your location, step 6 can go in any number of directions.

Good luck!
More or less this, yes.

As mentioned in another post, if you have good conversations with her there are going to be points when both parties come to a pause. Instead of looking away, maintain eye contact and smile just a little bit. If she wants to be kissed, she'll do the exact same thing, so start moving in at this point. It's hard to describe the perfect "in for the kiss" motion, but it'll come naturally in the moment and doesn't feel anywhere near as awkward in practice as it does when imagining it.

Edit: oops, guess I'm too late.

Elminster1
2009-06-19, 08:58 PM
Trust me, women love confidence. The next time your alone with her (ask her out somewhere casual), kiss her when you 2 are alone. If you don't, she might actually get fed up, think your not interested, something is wrong with her, etc. Not good in any capacity. She likes you, shes hot, and she's waiting for you to kiss her. Just do it, let go of every hang up you have.

Moff Chumley
2009-06-19, 09:19 PM
And whatever you do, for the love of any deity you may or may not worship, DO NOT LET HER SEE THIS THREAD. :smallmad:

Jalor
2009-06-19, 09:59 PM
So... much... innuendo...

Anyways, here is a rough outline of what to do:

-Get away from crowds.
-If you've had strong-smelling food or drink, have a breath mint.
-Talk about something she likes. Let her do most of the talking.
-Wait for a pause in the conversation.
-Look her in the eye and move a little closer.
-If the planets are aligned, she should move closer as well.
-Lean in towards her. If she turns away, don't pressure her.
-If you've gotten this far, stop thinking; your subconscious takes over.

Hope this helps.

valadil
2009-06-19, 10:01 PM
Just do it!

This is 100% correct. Waiting for the perfect moment is just as bad as never trying. Every second that you don't kiss her she'll be wondering why not or getting impatient. Every chance you miss is a chance someone else will take. Just go for it.

skywalker
2009-06-20, 12:05 AM

This happened to Tucker Max (http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/the_famous_sushi_pants_story.phtml), supposedly.

Also, reorith's mantra (".03 is a great place to be") is catchy and so true.

I always associate that song with this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw), because that's when I first heard it. Whenever my group has a moment of epic fail, I find myself singing it at the table without even realizing it...

SilverSheriff
2009-06-20, 04:25 AM
And whatever you do, for the love of any deity you may or may not worship, DO NOT LET HER SEE THIS THREAD. :smallmad:

This is essential.:smallamused:

xPANCAKEx
2009-06-20, 07:21 AM
wrong

DEFINATELY show her this thread

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-20, 09:51 AM
Yesterday I met a slovakian girl at a party. Imagine the following, spoken with an inexplicably south african accent and only the mildest of slurs:

"I would kiss you, but I'm drunk, and I decided that I should never kiss people for the first time when I'm drunk anymore in case I'm too drunk to be judging them properly."

"How drunk are you?"

"Drunk enough?"

Drunk enough to what? Question her own taste, apparently.
Damnit.

Moff Chumley
2009-06-20, 01:36 PM
wrong

DEFINATELY show her this thread

That'd maybe work if she was a) a gamer chick b) had a great sense of humor and c) religiously followed xkcd.

There are perhaps four people on earth like that, and they're taken. :smallmad:

Coidzor
2009-06-20, 02:07 PM
Yesterday I met a slovakian girl at a party. Imagine the following, spoken with an inexplicably south african accent and only the mildest of slurs:

Drunk enough to what? Question her own taste, apparently.
Damnit.

I think she was just messing with you.

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-20, 07:42 PM
I think she was just messing with you.

She rang me today. I think she's just weird.

Coidzor
2009-06-20, 07:44 PM
She rang me today. I think she's just weird.

Hmm, seems so. I didn't even think she'd have your digits or vice versa... did you mention getting that kiss now that she's sober? :smalltongue:

DamnedIrishman
2009-06-20, 07:46 PM
Hmm, seems so. I didn't even think she'd have your digits or vice versa... did you mention getting that kiss now that she's sober? :smalltongue:

Yes. In fact the first thing I mentioned when she rang was "So, when do I get to taste your tonsils?"
Apparently never. She had them out two years ago to prevent her recurrent tonsilitus.
Or not. I'm seeing her tomorrow, which I think is fairly promising.

Keld Denar
2009-06-20, 08:22 PM
Take it from a crab who knows!

Percussion
Strings
Winds
Words

There you see her
Sitting there across the way
She don’t got a lot to say
But there’s something about her
And you don’t know why
But you’re dying to try
You wanna kiss the girl

Yes, you want her
Look at her, you know you do
It’s possible she wants you, too
There is one way to ask her
It don’t take a word
Not a single word
Go on and kiss the girl

Sing with me now
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
My, oh, my
Look at the boy too shy
He ain’t gonna kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Ain’t that sad
Ain’t it shame, too bad
You gonna miss the girl

Now’s your moment
Floating in a blue lagoon
Boy, you better do it soon
No time will be better
She don’t say a word
And she won’t say a word
Until you kiss the girl

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Don’t be scared
You got the mood prepared
Go on and kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Don’t stop now
Don’t try to hide it how
You wanna kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Float along
Listen to the song
The song say kiss the girl
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Music play
Do what the music say
You wanna kiss the girl

You’ve got to kiss the girl
Why don’t you kiss the girl
You gotta kiss the girl
Go on and kiss the girl

BlueWizard
2009-06-21, 04:18 PM
Be bold. :smallcool:

Pocketa
2009-06-21, 05:29 PM
Hey, I have been really friendly with a girl for a while. We always hit it off at parties and she is really hot and has a great personality. The only problem is I dont really know how to go in for the first kiss. Apparently she was disappointed at the last party that I didnt kiss her but it didnt seem like the right time. i really like her and any advice would be helpful.

Where's Loopy when ya need him?

(watch as he's probably already posted in the thread with the best advice evar. Not ever, evar.)

Coidzor
2009-06-21, 07:32 PM
Where's Loopy when ya need him?

(watch as he's probably already posted in the thread with the best advice evar. Not ever, evar.)

I dunno. I think his advice would, if followed properly with the appropriate dark rituals would be how to leave her mind shattered and her sexual appetites so keyed in and bound to his that she'd be ruined for relationships with others for a fair while and possibly require therapy.

Yes. In fact the first thing I mentioned when she rang was "So, when do I get to taste your tonsils?"
Apparently never. She had them out two years ago to prevent her recurrent tonsilitus.
Or not. I'm seeing her tomorrow, which I think is fairly promising.

Hmm, probably for the best then. Don't wanna suffocate the gel. :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-21, 08:45 PM
...You- you're asking advice about girls on a website for DnD and comics?... :smalltongue:

Ricky S
2009-06-21, 10:24 PM
Hey I have complete faith in 'knowledge: girls' of my fellow playgrounders. Most of the advice was really helpful. Just because we all play dnd here doesnt mean that people aren't in relationships. Far gone is the stereotype of nerdy dnd gamers. Im not saying that we arent like that anymore just that we have changed, no longer being the little, glasses wearing kids who get bullied at school, but everyday people. Most people have careers, wives, relationships and are inherently normal. My gaming group was among some of the most social people back in high school.

Woo! go the subconscious, when you lean in for the kiss you cant help but lose yourself, its like I was compelled to kiss her. Now the only crap thing is that I have to wait 5 weeks to see her because everyone has gone home for the holidays :smallsigh:

"That'd maybe work if she was a) a gamer chick b) had a great sense of humor and c) religiously followed xkcd."

And yes, no way will I ever show her this thread. Lucky that no one knows who I am in real life (or do they?)so they won't ruin it for me. She is definately not a gamer chick nor does she follow xkcd and while she does have a pretty good sense of humour i doubt she would find this funny but more likely just sad.

"Be bold" hmm sounds easy enough but I am only really talkative when I have had a few drinks into me, so I can't exactly be drinking all the time (or can I:smallamused:?). Really annoying although once i get to know her better I should be more talkative.

Coidzor
2009-06-21, 11:08 PM
"Be bold" hmm sounds easy enough but I am only really talkative when I have had a few drinks into me, so I can't exactly be drinking all the time (or can I:smallamused:?). Really annoying although once i get to know her better I should be more talkative.
Well, making the effort without liquid courage, practicing your wit and tact and social skills with others, honing 'em in general with attempts at continued and engaging conversation will, with time give you greater skill, command, and comfort with it.

Even introverts can turn the switch to extroverted things for a time and with practice.

I think there's certain tricks to conversations where if you hit a lull bringing up certain general questions and "warm chatter" can tide you over until something more engaging comes up.

I'm... just not very familiar with them. My mom keeps mentioning them but hasn't really ever gone into details.

I think one of the more basic things is to keep the conversation focused on them, giving them attention and listening and keying them into the fact that you're listening by letting them talk and when you do ask questions periodically for clarification or to elaborate on something, it shows that you have been listening to what they've been saying.

There's just also the give-and-take where you shouldn't have the entire conversation be about the other person and should share your own experiences with things and not be too hesitant to talk about yourself when it turns to that, but also not to go overboard and try to monopolize the conversation's subject matter.

It's... complicated and yet... completely natural for some. And an acquired/acquirable skill for the rest of us.

I know there's hope because I'm less awkward now at the age of 20 than I was when I was 14, 16, or even 18 and 19.

So it's a growing process and a growing up process that doesn't really end.... sort of being continuous along with your development as a person.

Pyrian
2009-06-21, 11:17 PM
I think one of the more basic things is to keep the conversation focused on them, giving them attention and listening and keying them into the fact that you're listening by letting them talk and when you do ask questions periodically for clarification or to elaborate on something, it shows that you have been listening to what they've been saying.I find this sort of thing really easy to do when I'm honestly interested in a woman, and very difficult to do when just mingling in general. I periodically have to remind myself that I should try to pretend like I give a damn. :smallwink:

Zeful
2009-06-22, 12:09 AM
...You- you're asking advice about girls on a website for DnD and comics?... :smalltongue:

Many people do, I would to if it weren't for the fact that girls I'd like are all already taken/don't exist/aren't interested... which is really sad.

Ricky S
2009-06-22, 01:37 AM
Unlucky man. Dont worry, you will find someone. Every does and especially when they least expect it. Unless of course you are one of those 30 million men in china for which there are no women. Then you would be stuffed.

mangosta71
2009-06-22, 09:39 AM
I find this sort of thing really easy to do when I'm honestly interested in a woman, and very difficult to do when just mingling in general. I periodically have to remind myself that I should try to pretend like I give a damn. :smallwink:

Wait...you're saying I shouldn't exude an aura of scorn and apathy at best, and animosity at worst?

Pyrian
2009-06-22, 11:01 AM
Wait...you're saying I shouldn't exude an aura of scorn and apathy at best, and animosity at worst?That depends on what you're trying to accomplish. :smallcool: Have you seen that XKCD shirt that says, "Not anti-social, just shy, you can talk to me!"? I want one that says, "Not shy, just anti-social, if I want to talk to you I'll let you know." :smallamused:

Lycantrophe
2009-06-22, 11:32 AM
Didnt reasd the whole thred (sorry) but my answer is : "depens on how old you are"

12-15 Do you want to see my stamp collection ?
15-20 Do you wana do something? go see a movie etc. just you and me ?
20+ get close, if she wants to kiss you she will move her head towards yours as soon as she feels your breath on her face (assuming it doesnt stink =) ).. End of story

Humans are simple creatures.. So keep it simple.

Hope you roll lots of 20's in your love life.. God knows i didn't =)

Hell Puppi
2009-06-22, 12:12 PM
Option one- Get her in your arms, sweep her off her feet and say "Gimmie some sugar, baby." Kiss.

Option Two- "Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

Coidzor
2009-06-22, 12:17 PM
Option one- Get her in you arms, sweep her off her feet and say "Gimmie some sugar, baby." Kiss.

Hmm... I really should use that joke more often....haha.

Thankfully the kiss is now fete accompli.

Now for any further romantic entanglements/quandraries, methinks we shall see that in the R:W&A thread...

Moff Chumley
2009-06-22, 04:52 PM
Option one- Get her in you arms, sweep her off her feet and say "Gimmie some sugar, baby." Kiss.

Win. Thread over.

Keld Denar
2009-06-22, 05:01 PM
That depends on what you're trying to accomplish. :smallcool: Have you seen that XKCD shirt that says, "Not anti-social, just shy, you can talk to me!"? I want one that says, "Not shy, just anti-social, if I want to talk to you I'll let you know." :smallamused:

You know, I used to have a tshirt that said "Chicks dig pale skinny guys". Then, one time I was at a convention, and I came across a rather...large young lady wearing a tshirt that stated "I dig pale skinny guys."

Yea...thats a shirt I don't wear any more.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-06-23, 12:15 AM

If you are going to be a wuss about it, here's a suggestion:

At some point when you're around each other, get in close on a face-to-face level. If she pulls away, or turns her head, abort. If she is comfortable with where you are or, better still, really seems to be enjoying the intimacy of the distance? Go for a peck and see where that takes you.

Ricky S
2009-06-23, 05:45 AM
Haha, yea I was being a bit of a wuss. But the problem is over, we talked all night, we kissed and she wants to go out on a date so I dont really have to worry about that now. Its just the lead up to the first kiss that is hard for me. Once I feel I know someone I am extremely confident.

SilverSheriff
2009-06-23, 09:19 AM
Option one- Get her in your arms, sweep her off her feet and say "Gimmie some sugar, baby." Kiss.

Sigged for sure.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-23, 09:25 AM
About finding a girl when you're not expecting it:

I suppose I should have read enough QC to know that the chances of you picking up a girl at a concert who happens to be the friend of a friend of a friend is around 50%. Still just as odd when it happens to you.

Ricky S
2009-06-23, 04:59 PM
Ok thread officially over.

BizzaroStormy
2009-06-23, 05:04 PM
I prefer live hearts myself

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/jacksquat3/valentine-card15.jpg

Nah, all you gotta do is let loose a grizzly bear in her home (without he knowing you did it) then jump in through her window and beat the crap out of it with your bare hands.

Jack Squat
2009-06-23, 05:10 PM
Nah, all you gotta do is let loose a grizzly bear in her home (without he knowing you did it) then jump in through her window and beat the crap out of it with your bare hands.

But where am I going to find a grizzly in the South East?

All we have is black bears, which isn't nearly as impressive.

Ricky S
2009-06-23, 05:18 PM
As good a plan as it is I am in Australia. So what do i do? Get a kangaroo or something? Any ways this thread is over I suceeded in my goal.

Jack Squat
2009-06-23, 05:20 PM
You're in Australia. Just grab one of the spiders or penguins there or something. Your plants are deadlier than our bears :smalltongue:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-23, 05:50 PM
Throw a koala at her. Koala's are thrown weapons with a range of 10 ft, and do 2d4 damage, slashing, and, if a critical is rolled, will continue to do 1d4 damage every round! :smalleek: