PDA

View Full Version : What is the Matrix?

imp_fireball
2009-06-19, 01:15 AM
And better yet, what is this? (http://dicefreaks.forumz.cc/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2170)

In fact, I created it. Tell me what you think.

ondonaflash
2009-06-19, 01:33 AM
Mechacthulu!

Debihuman
2009-06-19, 01:36 AM
First, what rules are you using? Titanium doesn't exist in 3.X only adamantine. D20 Modern rules might be better for this.

Second: I think you should refer to this for the fluff: http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel

Monsters, even contructs, don't get iterative attacks for natural weapons. Its claws should count as natural weapons.

Full Attack: 4 Claws +18 (1d8+7) or Laser +23 ranged (1d10) or Slam +13 melee (1d10+7) you only get straight Str bonuses on melee attacks unless you give them a special ability for this.

You should give it feats since it has some intelligence. It should have 3 feats.
Switch the special ability "natural multiattack" to the multiattack feat.

That's all I can think of for now.

Debby

imp_fireball
2009-06-20, 12:49 AM
1. First, what rules are you using? Titanium doesn't exist in 3.X only adamantine. D20 Modern rules might be better for this.

2. Second: I think you should refer to this for the fluff: http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel

3. Monsters, even contructs, don't get iterative attacks for natural weapons. Its claws should count as natural weapons.

4. Full Attack: 4 Claws +18 (1d8+7) or Laser +23 ranged (1d10) or Slam +13 melee (1d10+7) you only get straight Str bonuses on melee attacks unless you give them a special ability for this.

You should give it feats since it has some intelligence. It should have 3 feats.
Switch the special ability "natural multiattack" to the multiattack feat.

That's all I can think of for now.

1. Adamantine usually bypassses specifically because it is a very hard material. DR/Adamantine usually implies that the material is so hard that only adamantine (or something harder... nothing is harder than adamantine in SRD, that's the thing, which is why it doesn't mention that) can bypass it - unless the affect is magical (like DR/silver, but that would be silly wouldn't it?). DR/Titanium implies that anything with hardness titanium or harder can bypass it. Titanium isn't as hard as adamantine. D&D should include more of those forms of damage reduction. Adamantine's just a staple, supposedly because that's the 'point' where material is hard enough to start giving damage reduction. I also simply listed it as DR/Titanium to follow the method of what RAW does. As for actual titanium stats, it's similar to steel in hp/inch but harder and not as hard as adamantine.

2. Thanks. Although the fluff is mostly implied. The 'fluff' that I listed was just important notes for mechanics. It doesn't list sentinel behavior but it does list what a sentinel usually does in combat. I might have forgotten to mention that anything that can't be rended apart, a sentinel will usually grapple and use its laser for.

3. Bad wording. Perfect Multi-attack merely implies that it takes no penalties for attacking with multiple natural weapons. Also, it doesn't really matter whether or not its claws are natural weapons - construct type says that anything being wielded by a construct is what it is proficient with.

4. Wrong. Some attacks, such as bite, for monsters don't use full STR bonus for damage. Also, I'm thinking of giving it INT 2.