PDA

View Full Version : Dieties of Arcadia

MrSeth
2006-03-23, 01:16 AM
Okay, this is probably my weirdest idea ever, but... Dieties based on classic arcade games. Here w'go!

Pah'c
The Devourer of Souls, the Ever-Hungry, the Consuming Maw

Lesser deity
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Cleric alignments: CN, CE
Portfolio: Nihilists, gluttons, those that seek to destroy undead, a handful of doomsday cults.
Domains: Evil, Magic, Fire
Symbol: A golden disk with a gaping, triangular maw cut from the top.
Typical worshipers: Abberations - beholders especially - power-hungry mages, suicidal madmen, nihilistic iconoclasts.
Favored weapon: Bite (heavy pick).

It is not known from whence the being known as Pah'c emerged; it is only certain that he hungers, and he devours. His cult - not truly large enough to constitute a church - stays underground, kidnapping as many intelligent beings as possible so that they may sacrifice their souls to The Devourer. Pah'c rewards them for this in a fashion; each soul sacrificed gives the one that completed the ritual a boost of arcane power, one that corresponds with the "taste" of the soul. This method of gaining strength is capricious, at best, but it has lured more than a handful of evil sorcerers to Pah'c's side.
Pah'c's dogma is simple; He was not the first, but he will be the last. One day, he will devour the souls of all that live, and then will go on to eat the other Gods, and then... the universe.
Pah'c is never depicted as anything but an elemental being, an incarnation of destruction. He has no true physical form, and does not use aspects or avatars.

Dhyg Dhoyeg
The Great White Dwarf, Keeper of Nature, Master of Air and Earth

Lesser deity
Alignment: Neutral Good
Cleric alignments: LG, NG, CG, N
Portfolio: Nature, Balance, Protection from Evil, Adventure.
Domains: Good, Protection, Nature, Earth, Air
Symbol: An ivory helm with two blue eyes
Typical worshipers: Dwarves, Gardeners, Rangers, Druids, Miners, any who seek protection from Dragons or Abberations.
Favored weapon: Windsnap (whip-dagger)

Dhyg is a recent ascension, just now having passed up the level of demigod. He was a warrior and a scholar in life, who was pledged to keep a sacred garden clear of those that would disturb it. In the following years, he fought off thousands of assailants - mostly beholders and green dragons - to keep his word, and was rewarded with godhood.
Dhyg's dogma is a simple one - protect what you invest in, honor the natural world, and don't be afraid to seek your fortune. He has already begun to attract followers from the rare dwarven Rangers and Druids, as well as from scarce members of other races. His church has yet to form an official hierarchy, and there are no real temples to his name; rather, services are conducted around well-maintained gardens.
Dhyg is depicted as a massive Dwarf with gleaming blue eyes and ivory skin, clad in worn trousers and a thick helm. He parts earth before him, able to tunnel as easily as he walks, and no tunnel he makes will ever cave in. His chosen weapon is Windsnap, a +5 Holy Wounding Cold Iron Whip Dagger; when it strikes an enemy, Dhyg can choose to "pump" the enemy instead of dealing damage, slowly filling them with air. If he "pumps" them four times, the target must make a DC40 Fortitude save or die. Even if the opponent makes the save, they take 100d4 damage as their belly bursts open. Dragons and Beholders automatically fail this save.

Gyrfalcon
2006-03-23, 02:25 AM
I'm a little interested that Pacman ends up as an evil diety. *grins* I'm looking forward to more. :)

*edit* Well, technically he's chaotic neutral, but his desire to consume the universe is pretty CE to me.