PDA

View Full Version : The Flying, Burrowing, Swimming, Regenerating Gazebo of DOOM!

Fixer
2009-06-19, 10:04 AM
I was playing around with the Stronghold Builders Guidebook and came up with a wonky idea I wanted to see if I did this right.

Take a Fancy Open Area (3,000gp, 1 ss) and decide it is largely a large gazebo with some surrounding flora.

Make all the walls out of Living Wood (2,000gp) and give it two wooden doors (free!) made out of the same (one facing 'out' and one facing 'down').

Give it the Airtight Augmentation (7,500gp) and the Solid Fog Veil Augmentation (14,000gp).

Give it mobility (10 miles per hour, 25,000gp) and the Burrowing (10,000gp), Flying (15,000gp) and Submersing (7,500gp) mobilities. If you are feeling particularly wealthy, add in Plane-Shifting (25,000gp).

What you end up with is a Flying, Burrowing, Swimming, Regenerating, Plane-Shifting Gazebo. The total cost, by my estimates, is 109,000gp. That beats a Rope Trick for most high level characters.

KIDS
2009-06-19, 10:17 AM
But is it evil? And did arrow do any damage to it?

Sorry, had to... or if this was your purpose, then even better.

Totally Guy
2009-06-19, 10:21 AM
Sounds good, if you can't quite afford a Tardis.

Fixer
2009-06-19, 10:21 AM
The arrow would miss because of the Solid Fog veil. (Except for magic rays and the like, ranged attacks are not permitted through the solid fog veil.)

It wasn't my intention, but it is amusing, nonetheless.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-19, 10:41 AM

A response I'd like to echo in admiration!
Or, in simplicity, QFT!

Cyclocone
2009-06-19, 10:56 AM

I'm sure you could make it tesseract somehow. Just install a portable hole or one of those rods of whateveritis.:smallwink:
The timetraveling thing might be a bit harder though.

Fixer
2009-06-19, 11:02 AM
My original thought was for this to be sort of the mobile hub for an adventuring party. Within the gazebo would be two Teleport Circles (one trapped).

One circle (two-way) would send whomever walks upon it to an inn that belongs to the owner of the flying Gazebo. I figured the creator could talk to merchants who want to travel without all that annoying danger involved. Just let them walk into the inn, relax and spend their money in safety while you fly to where they want to go and let them know when they can leave.

The other circle (the trapped one) would teleport to the creator's base of operations, but separate the being from their possessions. They end up naked where they are going and their gear goes into his vault. Given the creator has access to the vault, this is not a problem. Invaders trying to use it, however, end up with quite a bit of trouble.

The base of operations would have the library, labs, etc that any decent wizard/artificer/scholar-ly type might need.

Person_Man
2009-06-19, 12:38 PM
If it's air tight, you'll also have to buy at least one Bottle of Air (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Bottle_of_Air) (7,250 gp), so that you don't suffocate while inside.

Also, your Gazebo of Doom needs giant spider legs or octopus tentacles of some sort. Forget using it as a place to sleep - I want to use it as a mobile siege weapon platform.

Fixer
2009-06-19, 12:45 PM
The interior of the gazebo would have plant life generating air. The Bottle of Air would only be needed if the GM makes it a point of saying it is needed.

No tentacles on this one, though. This is a Base of Operations, not a siege weapon. Go make your own. :P

Coidzor
2009-06-19, 01:47 PM
Great... now you've got me wondering if there are any rules or how to create rules for extradimensional/non-dimensional architecture...

Fixer
2009-06-19, 01:57 PM
Genesis spell
Create Portal feat

DONE!

ZeroNumerous
2009-06-19, 02:54 PM

TARDIS? You want a TARDIS? Use Activated Item of Time Regression, Use Activated Item of Time Hop, Mass; Use Activated Item of Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion. Total of 867,000 GP using the above as a given basis for the TARDIS. Obviously an Epic only item, but it's still possible.