PDA

View Full Version : Test Your Might Continues!

Pages : [1] 2 3

afroakuma
2009-06-19, 04:18 PM
Test Your Might has continued to be a great success, and so we've had to expand to a second thread to accommodate its popularity!

As these foes are notably more complex, I've decided to apply more than just my own DM's perspective on how best to run them.

Test Your Might runs a mock battle between a four-person party and an unknown, homebrewed opposition, via PbP. If you would like to join on the players' side, please read the Players' Rules (and only the Players' Rules) below. If you would like to join on the DMs' side, all information is available to you.

If you are interested in playing or DMing, please post here, and PM me when you are ready to play. Statement of intent goes in the main thread. You will not be added to the main list until I have received a PM.

Players' Rules
You will be constructing a party of four characters, to a reasonable level of optimization, with the following rules:

• The party must all be the same level

• If you have XP costs to pay or abilities requiring XP, you are treated as having half the amount it would take for you to reach the next level. You cannot spend XP over this limit.

• The party has free rein to purchase goods and magic items as their WBL would allow, excepting items which grant a wish, miracle or gate power or a fashion to obtain same (candle of invocation, ring of three wishes etc.)

• Each character uses a 32 point buy.

• HP is full on first HD, average on every HD thereafter, rounded down.

• The party must conform to these specifications:

○○○ One barbarian, fighter, monk, psionic warrior, paladin or Complete Warrior base class

○○○ One bard, ranger, rogue or Complete Adventurer base class

○○○ One cleric, druid or Complete Divine base class

○○○ One psion, sorcerer, wilder, wizard or Complete Arcane base class

(or, to put it more succintly, one beatstick, one skillmonkey, one support and one blaster)

• The books allowed are Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Monster Manual, Expanded Psionics Handbook, Unearthed Arcana, Tome of Battle, Magic Item Compendium and Spell Compendium. The character in each role can use the Complete book from their listing.

• You may select one additional sourcebook from the following list: Complete Champion, Complete Mage, Complete Psionic, Complete Scoundrel; or, you may request specific material from another book.

• If one or more of your characters are psionic, you may exchange the Complete book that character would normally be permitted with Complete Psionic. Should you choose to do so, the original book is no longer available and must be used as an extra source if used at all. You must do this for each character who wishes to use Complete Psionic if you do not intend to select it as your extra source.

• If material from one of the four main Completes is clearly intended for a character in a role other than the one it corresponds to, you may request access to that material without counting it as your additional source.

• Any alternate class features must be pre-cleared by afroakuma. When in doubt, assume it to be prohibited.

• The Leadership feat is specifically banned.

• The Craft Contingent Spell feat is specifically banned.

• The spell genesis is specifically banned.

• The spell ice assassin is specifically banned.

• The spell clone is specifically banned.

• The spell simulacrum is specifically banned.

• The spell mindrape is specifically banned.

• The prestige class Incantatrix is specifically banned.

• The prestige class Ur-Priest is specifically banned.

• Explicit cheese is to be kept to a minimum.

DM's Rules
We are planning the best stratagem for a villain to take on a party of four. Each villain available is homebrewed; some have abilities that permit creative exploitation of the rules, others have budgets beyond a PC of their ECL.

We may set up to reasonable parameters the area of the encounter and dictate the encounter range. Any questions or difficulties that might crop up, or ambiguities raised by a particular rule, ability etc. must be determined in advance if needed.

For the combat setup, you must also dictate lighting conditions and decor. Ad hoc rulings as necessary are encouraged. Until the party can actually see the enemy, list all enemy initiative rolls and actions in a spoiler under the bolded heading Observers Only. Any other battle data that the player should not be privy to should also go in such a spoiler.

For the ease of observers, any rules discussion, clarification, debate etc. should take place in Spoiler tags.

• ECL 1-2 is an underwater encounter against a CR 4 merfolk Sorcerer.

• ECL 5 is a cavern encounter against a CR 8 predatory vermin.

• ECL 7-9 is an encounter against a CR 12 living bodak with an energy draining ray.

• ECL 9-10 is an encounter against a CR 14 unseelie fey Hexblade.

• ECL 10-11 {New!} is an indoor encounter against a CR 15 sentient living spell.

• ECL 12-13 is a stealth encounter against a CR 17 Ninja assassin.

• ECL 14 is a cavern encounter against a CR 19 predatory vermin.

• ECL 15-16 is a dark encounter against a CR 20 wraith dragon.

• ECL 20 is an encounter against a CR 25 lich.

Battle Rules

• Encounters occur in a chamber dictated by the needs of the opposition, in an otherwise infinite and unoccupied world.

• Encounters occur without foreknowledge on the part of either side.

• Encounters occur at a range determined by the DMs.

• No external force is paying active attention to the conflict. No planar entity of any kind will provide you pre-battle assistance.

• The party may elect to begin combat having had time to generally prepare (including buffs) or not. If they choose the former, then the opposition benefits from same.

• The party may alternately elect to begin combat with all-day preparations intact only. If they do so, then the opposition benefits from same. An all-day buff is one which has a duration of at least 12 hours, or a spell cast multiple times to a total duration of at least 12 hours (in which case you begin battle as though you had cast that spell every single time).

• The party cannot bring called or summoned beings, or allies other than those granted by class feature, to the start of the battle.

• All rolls (both player's and DM's) are made using the forum roller and are made public.

Battles Currently Available
• Party ECL 1-2

• Party ECL 5

• Party ECL 7-9

• Party ECL 9-10

• Party ECL 10-11 {New!}

• Party ECL 12-13

• Party ECL 14

• Party ECL 15-16

• Party ECL 20

Current Matchups
{table=head]Player|OpFor|ECL|Location
Darwin|Open|5|-
9mm|Open|10-11|-
theterran|Tidesinger|15-16|Soundstage A
Eurus|Tidesinger|20|Soundstage D
[/table]

Old soundstage links and records may be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112356).

theterran
2009-06-19, 04:21 PM
Wow, new thread already huh? :eek:

afroakuma
2009-06-19, 04:22 PM
Really though. I'm amazed.

Doc Roc
2009-06-19, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the hall of honor resto'd.
I'm really never gonna live down how I killed Terran the first time, am I?

Starbuck_II
2009-06-19, 04:41 PM
Should I re-apply or is the other thread still counting...sigh, still no battles.

I was really hoping to kick some butt and chew bubble gum. I'm currently all out of gum. :smallbiggrin:

ranagrande
2009-06-19, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't mind trying it, either as a player or a DM.

Doc Roc
2009-06-19, 04:53 PM
You need to reban ur-priest, I think.
Is wish intended to be banned, or just impossible to purchase?

Kurald Galain
2009-06-19, 04:56 PM
Cool. Can we get some links to previous battles please? For onlookers only, of course.

afroakuma
2009-06-19, 04:58 PM
You need to reban ur-priest, I think.
Is wish intended to be banned, or just impossible to purchase?

Right.

And no, you simply can't purchase wish.

Kurald: I added a link at the bottom of the OP.

Kurald Galain
2009-06-19, 05:10 PM
Kurald: I added a link at the bottom of the OP.

Thanks, but perhaps someone can help make things a bit easier to find? The only links I can find in that post are to eight "soundstages", each of which appears to have three or four fights on it at some point, and there seems to be no way to tell where I might e.g. find "Trial ? Eurus vs Dark Scary" except by scrolling through all of them...

Doc Roc
2009-06-19, 05:11 PM
You can search threads on this forum, can't you?

lord_khaine
2009-06-19, 05:24 PM
my fight is still going on Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112846&page=2), mostly because i cant find my opponent.

afroakuma
2009-06-19, 05:32 PM
Thanks, but perhaps someone can help make things a bit easier to find? The only links I can find in that post are to eight "soundstages", each of which appears to have three or four fights on it at some point, and there seems to be no way to tell where I might e.g. find "Trial ? Eurus vs Dark Scary" except by scrolling through all of them...

I can't find that one either. Hence the ?.

The Soundstage links all go to the header of the most recent fight to take place on that soundstage. If anyone wants to actually go get me the post links to the individual battles, I'll put them up.

lord_khaine: I don't know where he is either, and he apparently has his "last active" display disabled. In a post on Wednesday, though, he mentioned exams yesterday and today, so he might be back soon.

9mm
2009-06-19, 05:47 PM
color me interested as a player, not sure what level yet.

Eurus
2009-06-19, 09:58 PM
I can't find that one either. Hence the ?.

It's Trial IX, Soundstage C.

afroakuma
2009-06-19, 10:04 PM
Awesome. The more I know.

theterran
2009-06-20, 10:21 AM
Alright Tidesinger, I'm ready for that Rematch in SoundStage A! :smallcool:

Everyone NOT Tidesinger

Tank (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6417)
Skillmonkey (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6418)
New Arcane (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6581)
New Divine (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6580)

Extra Source is Complete Mage

Doc Roc
2009-06-20, 11:25 AM
As soon as AA arranges a link, etc, I'm good to go.

afroakuma
2009-06-20, 11:43 AM
Using the new Soundstage A (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6330439#post6330439).

What ECL?

theterran
2009-06-20, 11:46 AM
Using the new Soundstage A (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6330439#post6330439).

What ECL?

15-16 again.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-06-20, 12:03 PM
I want to DM any level or play low level. Anyone want to be murdered? :smallwink:

Juhn
2009-06-20, 12:04 PM
I recognize these villains...

Perhaps I should take a closer look at these.

Ixahinon
2009-06-20, 12:18 PM
I have...like 8 times..

can anyone DM ECL 14?

afroakuma
2009-06-20, 12:23 PM
On lunch I'll list all waiting challengers.

Zaq
2009-06-20, 03:14 PM
Would a Totemist, and the accompanying material from Magic of Incarnum, be a suitable way to fill the "beatstick" role? Just curious.

Talic
2009-06-20, 04:00 PM
Provided it's approved, and it demonstrates the noncaster/lightcaster combatant role, then probably (lightcaster = paladin progression, for example).

Ixahinon
2009-06-20, 04:08 PM
I just want to make sure, before I go on to do it...can wands be made to cast metamagiced spells? Example: Empowered Wand of Fireballs (50 Charges) 5th level spell x 8th level caster x 750gp = 30,000gps?

Talic
2009-06-20, 04:11 PM
Technically legal, but you don't benefit from metamagic reducers when getting those wands (so no Arcane thesis+practical metamagic to make empowered fireball wands at no additional cost).

For actual approval on anything, though, it needs to go through Afro.

Ixahinon
2009-06-20, 04:16 PM
I'm not gonna do it..because it is just too cheesy...but Fell Drain Magic Missile (3rd level spell x 6th level caster x 750gp) is only 13,500gp, and since it's Fell Drain...as long as the magic missiles do damage, the target takes a negative level as well. Negative level would last for 6 rounds.

lord_khaine
2009-06-20, 04:20 PM
I'm not gonna do it..because it is just too cheesy...but Fell Drain Magic Missile (3rd level spell x 6th level caster x 750gp) is only 13,500gp, and since it's Fell Drain...as long as the magic missiles do damage, the target takes a negative level as well. Negative level would last for 6 rounds

just about anything with SR would ignore it, and even so its just a singel negative level each round, at the cost of a standard action, i dont think its that cheesy.

Talic
2009-06-20, 04:30 PM
In theory, it could be up to 3 negative levels to different targets, but I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's not cheesy.

Ixahinon
2009-06-20, 04:35 PM
I see it as cheesy...12HD creature...hit by Fell drain Magic Missile 4 times...12 Negative Levels....dead. Spell Resistance is a joke, especially the higher level you are.

EDIT: er wait...it's just 1 negative level period..not 1 negative level per missile. So 12 hits. Not AS cheesy now...but still...but if Afro rules it as not cheesy, and you all agree...I'm doing it now.

Talic
2009-06-20, 04:42 PM
I see it as cheesy...12HD creature...hit by Fell drain Magic Missile 4 times...12 Negative Levels....dead. Spell Resistance is a joke, especially the higher level you are.

EDIT: er wait...it's just 1 negative level period..not 1 negative level per missile. So 12 hits. Not AS cheesy now...but still...but if Afro rules it as not cheesy, and you all agree...I'm doing it now.

Fell Drain does not work that way.
If you take damage from a spell, you take a negative level. Which means, regardless of how many missiles hit you? 1 negative level, and one negative level only.

And Spell resistance would be checked versus the wand's caster level of 5.
Which means that a creature with 25 SR (A typical amount for a CR 15, which would be ECL 12 here) would be immune to the wand.

Believe me, if you're going for negative levels, you're much better off memorizing Enervate. It'll hit things harder, better, faster, and stronger.

afroakuma
2009-06-20, 04:44 PM
Ixa: you may proceed. Of course you realize, I'm now a fan of it too. >:)

Someone send Sillybee the ECL 15-16, he's volunteered to run the match. Talic, perhaps your modded copy?

Ixahinon
2009-06-20, 04:45 PM
ahh piss..forgot SR is based off the wand, not the user...so not cheesy at all...more like...useless.

Well...could do Fell Drain Magic missile (Caster level 10) for 22,500gps. Impractical...and Enervate, as you mentioned IS better....but cool factor wins me over. Magic Missiles...that drain levels

EDIT: Which means I've been running the wand slinging ECL 7-9 with Rahl wrong...god damnit...stupid stupid stupid...*fixes*

Talic
2009-06-20, 05:06 PM
Better to just Fell Drain MM yourself, and have Arcane Thesis (Magic Missile). That way, it goes off your Caster Level for SR, and still fits in a level 2 slot.

Ixahinon
2009-06-20, 06:06 PM
Yea...but I don't have 50 level 2 spell slots.

afroakuma
2009-06-20, 06:10 PM

Yeah, but you don't intend to expend them all in one day.

Talic
2009-06-20, 06:16 PM

How many do you really need? 5d4+5 = 17 damage + 5 hp on a neg level and debuffs?

Ixahinon
2009-06-20, 06:24 PM
I like to over compensate. o.o;

Talic
2009-06-20, 06:28 PM
Too many resources on one strat means you die if that strat fails.

Lord_Gareth
2009-06-20, 06:30 PM
I'm still alive, and still intending on making an ECL 8 party. It'll take a little bit for me to get internet, though, so please bear with me.

Ixahinon
2009-06-20, 06:38 PM
Too many resources on one strat means you die if that strat fails.

that's the problem with me...I'm very much a one trick pony....it's a curse. I pick one mode of attack, and just...go.

The Fell Drain Magic Missile isn't a strat, per say, just an idea I had that sounded pretty cool on paper

Gerbah
2009-06-20, 06:49 PM
Looks fun, I have a few questions though before I throw my hat in the ring...

Any stipulation on multi-classing? Should each character try to stay true to their original role (tanking, blasting, etc.)?

Tome of Battle is allowed you said, I assume multi-classing into one of those classes is not allowed? Or, to put it another way, I assume you can't multi-class into any base class not mentioned?

Do you want people to try to be a bit more optimized, or just want to see what people can come up with and try to make work? I have ideas already, but I truly enjoy optimizing unusual builds.

EDIT: Oh crap I forgot, are variants on classes allowed?

afroakuma
2009-06-20, 06:51 PM
Looks fun, I have a few questions though before I throw my hat in the ring...

Any stipulation on multi-classing?

Nope.

Should each character try to stay true to their original role (tanking, blasting, etc.)?

Always.

Tome of Battle is allowed you said, I assume multi-classing into one of those classes is not allowed? Or, to put it another way, I assume you can't multi-class into any base class not mentioned?

You can do whatever you like that's within the rules, so long as each character stays within their role.

Do you want people to try to be a bit more optimized, or just want to see what people can come up with and try to make work? I have ideas already, but I truly enjoy optimizing unusual builds.

Somewhat optimized, yes. Theoretical optimization and the kind of craziness plotted over at BG or Wizards will put you too far over the horizon, rendering the trial useless.

EDIT: Oh crap I forgot, are variants on classes allowed?

Depends which ones. Check first.

Gerbah
2009-06-20, 06:56 PM
Well then, I suppose I'll give it a shot as a player! I'll go for the Level 5 bracket, all our campaigns tend to start at that level anyhow, heh.

Doc Roc
2009-06-20, 08:03 PM
the kind of craziness plotted over at BG or Wizards will put you too far over the horizon, rendering the trial useless.

:(
I tend to disagree. You just need to be judicious in what you use. It used to be there there were a number of separate optimization boards. What with that gone, a lot of the TO gets lumped in unfairly with the CO and they both get judged based on the standards of the other. Silly is as silly does.

afroakuma
2009-06-20, 08:11 PM
Tidesinger, I think we've already established that I have no optimization chops whatsoever. I can't hope to compete with even relatively competent optimization. So pretty much anything derived from the skills of the true optimizers, whether TO, CO or what have you, will wipe the floor with my poor villains.

afroakuma
2009-06-21, 07:15 AM
By the way, a reminder:

Statement of interest, for players, isn't enough. You need to PM me when your party is ready.

For DMs, if I see a statement of interest on this thread I'll forward the opposition, but you also have to PM me when you are ready.

Talic
2009-06-21, 08:07 AM
I'll start on an ECL 20 party now. As the alternate ECL 20 villain is still in progress, I feel that there's no question as to the double-blind nature.

Ixahinon
2009-06-21, 10:34 AM
I have the Alternate ECL20 Villian, I think, maybe. I don't know anymore

afroakuma
2009-06-21, 10:44 AM
I don't think you do, since nobody but me has it at this point.

afroakuma
2009-06-21, 06:57 PM
Bump. :smallsmile:

By the way, folks, Talic's requisitioned a barrel full of murder - custom style. Anyone interested in previewing and tweaking this new ECL 20 should drop me a shout.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-21, 07:47 PM
How about me? I'm good at high-level tactics... most of the time.

Anyone interested in previewing and tweaking this new ECL 20 should drop me a shout.
What, exactly, do you mean by tweaking?

Doc Roc
2009-06-21, 10:16 PM
Ready to run Eurus any time he's ready. :)

PaladinBoy
2009-06-21, 10:27 PM
Hmm. I might be interested in joining this as a player in the ECL 12-13 range.

I do have some questions about availability. Specifically, I like using dragonmarks from the Eberron campaign setting. Any chance of getting those feats and the dragonmark heir prestige class approved?

Ideally, I'd like to use some of the prestige classes and feats from the Dragonmarked supplement as well, but I could make do with the ECS material. Particularly since the ECS material probably counts as my one specific request from a different source.

afroakuma
2009-06-21, 10:48 PM

At what ECL?

Doc Roc
2009-06-21, 11:00 PM
ECL 20 I believe.

afroakuma
2009-06-21, 11:10 PM
:smallcool:
Awesome. I'll note it.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-21, 11:15 PM
:smallcool:
Awesome. I'll note it.Has Epic Soundstage Z been cleared of the remains of the previous party, with all scraps of their souls gathered up so they won't be an impediment and the destruction of the walls repaired?

afroakuma
2009-06-21, 11:28 PM
It's been polished, yes. Also plane shifted a couple of times, and rebuilt to include actual architectural features.

Doc Roc
2009-06-21, 11:37 PM
Then I'll need a map. With these features.

Talic
2009-06-22, 12:19 AM
How about me? I'm good at high-level tactics... most of the time.

What, exactly, do you mean by tweaking?

I believe he means making it a adequate challenge for a CR 25 (approximately balanced with a great wyrm dragon, or other similar high CR encounters, minus epic magic).

That way, it'll test my squishability to the farthest stretches of its squishiness.

EDIT: Question, if my beatstick is a paladin, or some variation thereof, is it possible to line-item in the paladin-based PrC's in Complete Divine? You know, the ones with Full BAB, 4 spell level casting progression, and the like? I was thumbing through it for Cleric PrC's (Contemplative is looking nice) and noticed most of the decent Prestige love for paladins is in there.

(EDIT2: And to clarify, I'm not asking for the paladin PrC with 9 spell levels, restricted to domain only. I actually am debating between a couple of the ones that actually look like paladins.)

Eurus
2009-06-22, 12:45 AM

Sorry, there's a bit of craziness going on with me. I'll try to be ready soon.

Doc Roc
2009-06-22, 12:55 AM
The domain-casting divine crusader, as I believe it's named, isn't particularly over-powered, and I've always wanted to see it actually used. It really suffers from being in the same book as ur-priest.

Talic
2009-06-22, 01:01 AM
Meh, if I did the domain Pally, I'd use it in a grapple build with Antimagic Field.
Half-dragon Ogre domain Pally with Magic domain, and so on. I don't want to use another lockdown build though, not for this one.

Once you add in the domains in the Spell Compendium, also, and paladin variants (Freedom/Tyranny/Slaughter), it gets a good bit more beefy.

Plus, if I did that, I'd want to make every member of my party able to cast 9th level spells... (Arcane=easy, Divine=Easy, Beatstick=Divine Crusader, which only leaves skillmonkey) And that's just silliness.

Doc Roc
2009-06-22, 01:02 AM
True. Mentalism, Time, Planning, Celerity, Shadow? I mean, man, that actually sounds really fun. :: thoughtful ::

Talic
2009-06-22, 01:04 AM
True. Mentalism, Time, Planning, Celerity, Shadow? I mean, man, that actually sounds really fun. :: thoughtful ::

Then there's the planar domains. LOL

Eurus
2009-06-22, 01:04 AM
Skillmonkey = Bard/Sublime Chord. 9th level spells all around! :smallbiggrin:

Doc Roc
2009-06-22, 01:05 AM
Ooooh, Elysium domain! :)

What's your fave planar domain, out of curiosity?

Talic
2009-06-22, 01:06 AM
Never really got attached to them. Never found one good enough to give up two domains to get.

Rutskarn
2009-06-22, 01:24 AM
Okay, guys, I hope you're prepared to be so dominated, because I've got the best party ever.I'm so confident in my flawless military might, I didn't even use the full point buy.

My party is an elite fighting crew I dub...

The Antidisestablishmentarianists! Here's their concepts.

Meet their fearless leader, Jose "Snappy" Campright!

Snappy
Level 1 Halfling Fighter

STR: 6. Snappy was known as something of a bodybuilder back at his shire.
DEX: 10. Unfortunately, after his clumsiness brought down a stack of weights, he was banned from the gym.
CON: 10. Doesn't get sick too often. Germs stay away from Snappy.
INT: 8. Probably because they're better conversationalists.
WIS: 12. He was always called wise beyond his years.
CHA: 8. From far away, because man, did he smell like someone's backed-up sewer.

Skills: 2 ranks in Perform: Wind Instruments. In his homeland, they spoke of "The Piper of Pain" in hushed tones. Well, in tones. They were actually quite loud ones, on account of trying to talk over the sound of the pipes.

Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, because it looks hardcore. Run, because he so often has to.

Gear: pan flute, dagger, stick, ironic t-shirt that says, "This Is Some Armor" and has silkscreened chain links on it.

Their rogue, Shauna the Mackerel!

Shauna
Level 1 Human Rogue

STR: 8. Fighting? That's, like. Something that happens to other people.
DEX: 12. She's quite nimble, when she wants to be. Which is whenever she feels like it. Which is whenever it's in it for her, and she's in a good mood, and you ask nicely.
CON: 10. Like, whatver.
INT: 8. School is, like, such a bore.
WIS: 8. Y'know?
CHA: 8. It's either gonna a monster in a dungeon, or someone choking her to death. Either way, she's got about a week.

Skills: Various non-combat ones, many of which are related to reading and writing fanfiction about vampries.

Feats: Animal Affinity, Iron Will.

Gear: Dagger, black-and-white striped clothing, perpetual frown.

Father Ned, the faithful healer!

Ned
Level 1 Dwarf Cleric

STR: 10. He's average dwarf strength.
DEX: 8. People tend to put their beverages on the opposite side of the table from where he sits.
CON: 16. Witnessing experimentations gone wrong is enough to harden anyone's stomach.
WIS: 12. He's just wise enough to know things aren't going to end well...
INT: 8. ...but not smart enough to know how.
CHA: 8. But at least he can get out of trouble with his winning personality! Oh, wait. No. No, he can't.

Skills: To be determined.

Feats: To be determined.

Spells: To be determined, but not a lot of healing spells. Don't pigeonhole him, guys!

Gear: A pack of band-aids (first aid kit), a club, a medical journal about 20 years and 50 revisions to the Healer's Code of Ethics out of date.

And finally, that master of the arcane: Mysterious Malky!

Malky
Level 1 Half-Orc Wizard

STR: 12. He enjoys hitting things on an academic level.
DEX: 10. Nothing to write home about, note even using adjectives like "terrifying".
CON: 10. He can take a hit.
INT: 12. Just smart enough to use higher vocabulary.
WIS: 8. Too bad he hasn't figured out when and where.
CHA: 8. Bribery is the alpha and omega of his sophisticated social wheelings.

Skills: TBA

Feats: Toughness. He's working on defeating stereotypes, one step at a time.

Spells: A few random, quirky ones. What? You've got so many assumptions. Like, you assume a Half-Orc can't be a good wizard, and you assume wizards aren't tough, and you assume wizards pick decent spells. What a bunch of bigots.

Gear: A really good book.

Doc Roc
2009-06-22, 01:29 AM
[still trying to be nicer]

Eurus
2009-06-22, 01:35 AM
That is so awesome. I want to see that team actually get played.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-22, 02:23 AM
Speaking about awesome, I have DnD stats for Darth Sidious now. :smalltongue:

Talic
2009-06-22, 02:29 AM
Wizard, I take it? Or Sorceror? Prob Sorceror, I think.

Doc Roc
2009-06-22, 02:31 AM
No way! Psion->thrallherd, rocking metaconcert all day long.

Talic
2009-06-22, 02:33 AM
Meh, his manipulation didn't seem to extend that far, at least, not magically.

He had a limited number of tricks, which fits psion or sorceror, but I don't see thrallherd. He didn't really control his pupils, the dark side of the force did. After all, Vader was going to use Luke to topple Vader, Father and Son style.

Doc Roc
2009-06-22, 02:34 AM
Well, in the EU, he's considerably more powerful, verging on utterly monstrous in power and influence.
Hard to say if Vader could have actually followed through. In the end, he seemed to be obedient until Luke forced him into completing Sidious's lifecycle.

I see your point though... Sorcerer, I suppose, though I still like the idea of him as a psion.

Talic
2009-06-22, 02:37 AM
I dismiss that as Fanboy Author nonsense.

As for following through? Trusted lieutenants that betray always stay loyal until they seize the chance.

And Psion or Sorceror works equally well. You could do it either way. Psion would probably work better, actually, though I may lean towards Wilder over Psion.

Doc Roc
2009-06-22, 02:38 AM
:: shrugs and grins :: I have no solid counter-argument for any of those points. :)

Talic
2009-06-22, 02:41 AM
Yeah, it could be said either way. Either he was lying to Luke, to tempt him with power, or he was lying to Palpatine, and seeming more trustworthy than he was.

Either way, evil is hard to predict cause of that whole deception thing.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-22, 03:08 AM
No comment. :smalltongue:

Talic
2009-06-22, 04:53 AM
No comment. :smalltongue:

Lies! The statement "No comment" is, in itself, a comment! You must be a Sith!

Ixahinon
2009-06-22, 06:35 AM
ECL 14 must be really scary. Can I DM myself? I promise I'll be fair and balanced :smallsmile:

Has Epic Soundstage Z been cleared of the remains of the previous party, with all scraps of their souls gathered up so they won't be an impediment and the destruction of the walls repaired?

Just noticed this....I'm hurt. Hope you mean the souls of the enemy. I admit, starting was a bit slow, First dispel sent me in defensive mode walling the place. But in my defense, nothing in that encounter other than the villian (Dread Wraiths, Shadesteel Golem) could harm, or even get near me. Superior Invisibility and Ghost Trap saw to that...not to to mention my Turning ability.

Had we continued, I'd not only purge the place of evil, but I'd set up a shrine to Lathender in the process. I still kick myself in the ass for saying 'let's call it a stalemate,' after too many mistakes were made...espeically after seeing how my next move AMFing around the image, then walling behind her, thus blocking he miror, would have worked.

Rutskarn
2009-06-22, 12:03 PM
That is so awesome. I want to see that team actually get played.

"Get played" is a good phrase. So are "get schooled", "get served', and, "get wiped."

Uh, I mean. Best team ever.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-22, 01:59 PM
Which levels haven't been run yet? I've watched all of them, but I may decide to try my hand as part of the ongoing Giacomo debate.

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 04:23 PM
Then I'll need a map. With these features.

I was being snarky to Keld's empty arena. I've made no such map.

Which reminds me, any chance I could see the modifications you've made to the ECL 20 opposition?

Question, if my beatstick is a paladin, or some variation thereof, is it possible to line-item in the paladin-based PrC's in Complete Divine? You know, the ones with Full BAB, 4 spell level casting progression, and the like? I was thumbing through it for Cleric PrC's (Contemplative is looking nice) and noticed most of the decent Prestige love for paladins is in there.

That is the main function of the line-item, so yes.

Which levels haven't been run yet? I've watched all of them, but I may decide to try my hand as part of the ongoing Giacomo debate.

The brand-new 10-11 and the still-unplayed 12-13. I really want that 12-13 to go bloody a player into so much hash.

Talic
2009-06-22, 04:39 PM
Beatstick: Monk/Fist of the Forest
Healbot: Monk/Sacred Fist.
Skillmonkey: Monk.
Arcanist: Monk/Enlightened Fist.

Hmm. I predict good things.

OMG PONIES
2009-06-22, 04:53 PM
I'd like to play the ECL 9-10

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 05:12 PM
Hmm. I predict good things.

I predict dead things.

Four of them.

All of them your party. :smallamused:

Ixahinon
2009-06-22, 05:24 PM
I don't think I could dumb my ECL 14 party down to 10-13. That extra level means a lot to me. Has an ECL 14 been played?I don't remember seeing one on the old thread.

Talic
2009-06-22, 05:29 PM
I predict dead things.

Four of them.

All of them your party. :smallamused:

My party? LOL. My party is Level 20, ten feet tall, and bulletproof.

Good things for that other party? Is a mercifully quick death. It was a response to the testing of a Giacomo debate.

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 05:33 PM
I don't think I could dumb my ECL 14 party down to 10-13. That extra level means a lot to me. Has an ECL 14 been played?I don't remember seeing one on the old thread.

There was a trial run, yes. A very heroic, very stupid move was pulled, and it went TPK very fast after that.

My party? LOL. My party is Level 20, ten feet tall, and bulletproof.

But not magic bulletproof. :xykon:

You don't know what's coming to get you yet, but it will be marvelously unfair. :smallbiggrin:

Although... :smallannoyed: I somehow feel that an all-monk party is kind of stretching the rules a bit. Then again, I suspect that there are unmentioned classes in your mix.

Ixahinon
2009-06-22, 05:49 PM
Maybe I can whip up a 12-13 party right quick...increase my chances of actually doing something.

Talic
2009-06-22, 06:28 PM
There was a trial run, yes. A very heroic, very stupid move was pulled, and it went TPK very fast after that.

But not magic bulletproof. :xykon:

You don't know what's coming to get you yet, but it will be marvelously unfair. :smallbiggrin:

Although... :smallannoyed: I somehow feel that an all-monk party is kind of stretching the rules a bit. Then again, I suspect that there are unmentioned classes in your mix.

Well, the skill monkey is a wildshape ranger 5/master of many forms 7/Feat Rogue 8.
The Divine Caster? I'm leaning Towards Cleric 10/Contemplative 10. May try to squeeze in Hierophant.
The Beatstick? Paladin/Pious Templar, most likely.
The Caster? Either Wizard or sorceror, but definately with Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil and Archmage.

Nothing that bends the intent of the rules, with the possible exception of MoMF, but with the way the building rules are set up, it's the only way to get it, and I'm not trying for Warshaper for the real pumpnasties to it. I've got 8 skills with over a +20 mod on that one, with a 9th over 15. I'd say he's a skillmonkey. He trapsenses, uncanny dodges, evasions, and Wildshape gives him a heck of a disguise check.

But I'm going for "hard to kill" first, and "able to take things down in many ways" second. That way, I can survive long enough to probe weaknesses, and strike hard on one when I find it.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-22, 07:02 PM
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a valid high-level tactic. Contrary to popular belief, high-level fights can last a long time.

Ernir
2009-06-22, 07:07 PM
The brand-new 10-11 and the still-unplayed 12-13.

My ECL 10 party survived its fight, so after a few bandages (and some very minor adjustments to spell selection) it could be made good to go again. If said boss-man is desperate enough for a meal to accept a used one.

That being said, progress on the ECL 20 party is being made.

Ixahinon
2009-06-22, 07:39 PM
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a valid high-level tactic. Contrary to popular belief, high-level fights can last a long time.

Only if you want them to

Talic
2009-06-22, 08:11 PM
Only if you want them to

True. If you don't, and your opponent has the ability to defend against your attack? It will, indeed, be short, though not the way you'd like.

The fight usually goes to the person who can weather a couple attacks. Why?

Because when that alpha strike gets shot down? And you don't plan to repel an attack or two of your own?

You'll eat it.

Ixahinon
2009-06-22, 08:25 PM
Or...you withstand a few attacks from the opposition, and rain down on him with the fury of hell itself after gaining the time to prep for such (Thus the withstanding a few attacks)

It's my assumption that these fights aren't meant to be 'balanced.' I mean, we can all agree to that. So yea, you are right for the most part...either you hope you can weather a few assaults from an encounter you don't know about, or you get pounded into the ground.

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 08:31 PM
What I was leery of, Talic, was your suggested "monk, monk, monk and monk" party. I now see that that was a joke.

Your opposition is coming along nicely.

9mm
2009-06-22, 08:36 PM
I'm about half way done on my party for the ECL 10-11 challenge; sticking to those party roles is HARD.

Ixahinon
2009-06-22, 08:37 PM
Can I DM something else? I need something to do while waiting for ECL 14 DM...and I'm in the process of moving, so all I have is this laptop, and TV...I packed my PS3...

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 08:54 PM
Need to find a player, first.

Talic
2009-06-22, 09:03 PM
Or...you withstand a few attacks from the opposition, and rain down on him with the fury of hell itself after gaining the time to prep for such (Thus the withstanding a few attacks)

It's my assumption that these fights aren't meant to be 'balanced.' I mean, we can all agree to that. So yea, you are right for the most part...either you hope you can weather a few assaults from an encounter you don't know about, or you get pounded into the ground.

You're right. They're not balanced. They're not known. So I err on the side of caution.

The keys to Surviving a fight is in controlling the fight. Information is key in controlling. So is versatility. Versatility can be built.

Information? Either scried (Scry-and-die), or picked up in battle. The format isn't friendly to scry-and-die, so I need to learn what my opponent can do.

For that, I need time. I need to watch my opponent unload abilities, and glean clues from it. Only then will I know whether Antimagic+orb will work, or whether I'd be better served with summoning, or beating down, or restricting movement.

But to do that? I need to survive the abilities being used. So there are certain common traits in almost every attack.

1) Resisted by AC. Common for damaging attacks.
2) Resisted by Saving throws.
3) Resisted by Spell Resistance.

Almost any attack in the game goes through one of those three choices. This is not an accident. The game is designed this way.

Further, almost any attack requires line of effect, or is a spread. So blocking the ability to hit your square is another option.

Further still, most attacks require detection. So being undetectable will solve that one.

By layering multiple levels of the above? You can create a situation where you're very difficult to hurt.

That buys you time. That time will help make the decision between enervate and disintegrate.

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 09:16 PM
Your opposition, Talic, is a royal pain in the butt. I'm having it reviewed right now for possibly being too powerful.

And if it's not, then I'm having it tricked out. :smallamused:

Talic
2009-06-22, 09:18 PM
Your opposition, Talic, is a royal pain in the butt. I'm having it reviewed right now for possibly being too powerful.

And if it's not, then I'm having it tricked out. :smallamused:

I fully believe you can get me a properly balanced CR 24-25, assuming no epic magic.

And if there is epic magic, I assume it'll be tightly reined in and limited in nature, in some way, shape, or form, to keep it from getting crazy.

I gots faith in you.

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 09:22 PM
I fully believe you can get me a properly balanced CR 24-25, assuming no epic magic.

And if there is epic magic, I assume it'll be tightly reined in and limited in nature, in some way, shape, or form, to keep it from getting crazy.

I gots faith in you.

Epic magic? No, no, no. I hold myself to not doing that.

It's just that it has silly stats already, plus some abilities that would make you want to kill me, and it doesn't even have gear yet. Or SLAs...

Doc Roc
2009-06-22, 09:25 PM
Epic magic is crazy like a rabid badger with weasels for eyes.
This cannot be fixed.

Talic
2009-06-22, 09:28 PM
Epic magic? No, no, no. I hold myself to not doing that.

It's just that it has silly stats already, plus some abilities that would make you want to kill me, and it doesn't even have gear yet. Or SLAs...

Well, the worst that can happen is I can't hurt it, and it tires me to death.

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 09:30 PM
Mmmno... the worst that can happen is it makes you die.

I'm waiting for Tidesinger to start shouting at me (via PM) when he sees the problem with the optimal strategy.

Talic
2009-06-22, 09:37 PM
It cannot make me die. Any death that I suffer will be from a failure on my part. Provided this is not a Kobiyashi Maru, then there's a way to win. If there's a reasonable way to win, and I do not, then the failing is mine.

If, on the other hand, the only way to win is to cast Shatter 4 times on it, follow by Bless Water, and then Passwall?

Yeah, then you're a jerk. LOL.

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 09:39 PM
It cannot make me die. Any death that I suffer will be from a failure on my part. Provided this is not a Kobiyashi Maru, then there's a way to win. If there's a reasonable way to win, and I do not, then the failing is mine.

Are you trying to tell me that there is literally no way that the ECL 20 opposition can cause any of your characters to cease living?

Because if this trial isn't potentially lethal to both parties, then there's little point running it. See what happened with Tidesinger vs. ECL 20

Eldariel
2009-06-22, 09:45 PM
Are you trying to tell me that there is literally no way that the ECL 20 opposition can cause any of your characters to cease living?

He means it's something he hasn't accounted for in his builds/playing and thus it's the lack of his carefulness in building/playing that results in his death :P

Talic
2009-06-22, 09:46 PM

Because if this trial isn't potentially lethal to both parties, then there's little point running it. See what happened with Tidesinger vs. ECL 20

I'm not saying that it can't. I'm saying that the monster is the challenge. If I don't overcome it? Then I've failed.

If I win? Then I've succeeded.

Either way, the bar for failure or success lies with the challenger, not the challenge.

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 09:47 PM
He means it's something he hasn't accounted for in his builds/playing and thus it's the lack of his carefulness in building/playing that results in his death :P

Ah. Cause it sounds like he means I literally can't summary execute him.

By the way, I forwarded you the draft for analysis.

Talic
2009-06-22, 09:58 PM
Eldariel's got the right of it.

Though in fairness, if you're building something that'll make me groan, the least I can do is try to return the favor.

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 09:59 PM
No wraith dragons this time.

Talic
2009-06-22, 10:06 PM
Fair enough. No grapplers this time. :)

OMG PONIES
2009-06-22, 10:25 PM
I'll rephrase. Are there any ECLs that currently have a DM waiting for a player?

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 10:29 PM
According to the front grid, ECL 20.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-22, 10:55 PM
Could I join the ECL 12 game?

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 10:57 PM
As player or as DM?

Froogleyboy
2009-06-22, 11:02 PM
Player
(.)(.)

afroakuma
2009-06-22, 11:03 PM
Well then, build your party according to the rules and PM me when ready.

Ixahinon
2009-06-22, 11:05 PM
Could I join the ECL 12 game?

Can I DM it?

Froogleyboy
2009-06-22, 11:05 PM
oh, I get to play an entire party? SWEET!

Ixahinon
2009-06-22, 11:07 PM
A party of four. One Beatstick, one skillmonkey, one healer, one blaster.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-22, 11:08 PM
Can I DM it?

For sure!

@OP: it says all party members must be the same level. What about LA

Talic
2009-06-22, 11:20 PM
For sure!

@OP: it says all party members must be the same level. What about LA

Same ECL. They all have the same Exp. So if you have a ECL 14... and your beatstick is an Ogre?

Ogre HD 4/Ogre LA 2/ Whatever 8

Talic
2009-06-23, 12:12 AM
Oh, I have a question...

What happens when a 14th level cleric (magic domain) uses a scroll containing Mnemonic Enhancer (PHb) ?

It's a wizard only spell, but Clerics with the magic domain can use scrolls as a wizard of half his level.

The effect lets you prepare up to 3 levels of spells. Cleric Spells?

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-23, 01:29 AM
Not necessarily. I mean, the cleric spell Anyspell already allows to memorize wizard spells.

As for the failure being the player's and not the DMs, what if an enconter within the rules can't be practically affected by either magic or weapons?

Talic
2009-06-23, 02:10 AM
Not necessarily. I mean, the cleric spell Anyspell already allows to memorize wizard spells.

As for the failure being the player's and not the DMs, what if an enconter within the rules can't be practically affected by either magic or weapons?

Then it's not a villain. It's an unbalanced encounter. I've already stated that I trust Afro to build a balanced ECL 24-25 (which will be a very rough fight for ECL 20). Balanced ECL 24-25's aren't immune to everything.

As for mnemonic enhancer, it doesn't specify what class the spells must be memorized in, leading me to believe that it would be your choice.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-23, 04:41 AM
@afroakuma:
Is the villain ready yet?

@Talic:
Such encounters are useful when the players are trying to pull any shenanigans-especially if the players brought it upon themselves.
Someone using Gate to call an outsider he's not supposed to control? The outsider has a deafness contingency on it against such an event. It can't hear the caller commanding it and is free to rip them to pieces then have his way in the material plane.
A wizard using shivering touch to slay dragons in one round? Whoops! The dragon has the Awaken Spell Resistance feat. Like, 10 times.
An incantatrix orbing enemies to death? Mr shadow demon dry lichfiend wants a word.

Talic
2009-06-23, 04:53 AM
@Talic:
Such encounters are useful when the players are trying to pull any shenanigans-especially if the players brought it upon themselves.
Someone using Gate to call an outsider he's not supposed to control? The outsider has a deafness contingency on it against such an event. It can't hear the caller commanding it and is free to rip them to pieces then have his way in the material plane.
A wizard using shivering touch to slay dragons in one round? Whoops! The dragon has the Awaken Spell Resistance feat. Like, 10 times.
An incantatrix orbing enemies to death? Mr shadow demon dry lichfiend wants a word.

Agreed.

Counterpoint: Such creations don't need "Testing". As this is, primarily, a test, if behooves us to treat it like one.

Though, in fairness, I typically ensure a method of telepathic or nonverbal communication with any outsiders I summon.

Doc Roc
2009-06-23, 08:13 AM
Additional counterpoint:
Rampant character death is a terrible way to try and solve problems. Have you actually done these things to your players?
You'd need access to the spells somehow, Talic, and Cleric's can't scribe a spellbook. So you'd need one from some source, like your primary arcanist. This was a big sticking point during the design of Spock.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 09:12 AM
I'm working on my party :smallbiggrin:

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-23, 10:04 AM
I'm curious what the heck the actual CR is for the ECL 7-9 challenge. So far, my two most effective party members for this particular fight are dead. I forsee the end coming, although I know the other side has to be hurting too. Can I get the stats for the opposition once the fight is over?

Edited because I want anybody else who plays this to have as hard a time as I am. :)

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 10:08 AM
The ECL 7-9 villain is a CR 12.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 10:35 AM
Can different roles multiclass

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-23, 10:54 AM
I think I'd like to try the ECL 10-11 challenge. I have a ECL 9 party, so I think I'll just add a couple of levels, do some tweaking, and jump right in. Is there anybody who wants to DM?

Edit: Froogleboy, you can multiclass to your heart's desire. Keep in mind though that if you want your beatstick to be a Eldritch Knight or Spellsword, his primary role still needs to be hurting people with sharp/blunt things. Same goes with all of the other roles.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 11:01 AM
Yay! this is gonna be fun. And if no one else wants to, I'll DM for ya. Just give me time to roll up the enemy

Darwin
2009-06-23, 11:07 AM
I'd really love to take on the ECL 5 encounter if it's available. Working on my party which will be finished sometime this evening (+1 GMT). :smallbiggrin:

How's the opinion on picking PHBII for the bonus source? It's got a lot of key material in it for my party.

Talic
2009-06-23, 11:07 AM
I think I'd like to try the ECL 10-11 challenge. I have a ECL 9 party, so I think I'll just add a couple of levels, do some tweaking, and jump right in. Is there anybody who wants to DM?

Edit: Froogleboy, you can multiclass to your heart's desire. Keep in mind though that if you want your beatstick to be a Eldritch Knight or Spellsword, his primary role still needs to be hurting people with sharp/blunt things. Same goes with all of the other roles.

+1.

Yes, you can have a class that can bleed a bit into other roles, provided it accomplishes its primary goal, first and foremost.

So if your skillmonkey can beatstick? Long as he is focused around skills, he's good. Heck, in my ECL 20, my skillmonkey has 13 levels combined of ranger/rogue, then some MoMF love. I designed him to always be point, so he has to be able to survive being on point. After all, what is a skillmonkey? He checks doors first, finds enemies, and a dozen other things. In essence, he's an advance scout. Build to that theme, and you're good.

For arcanist/blaster? Whether you do CC/Buff/blast/whatever, as long as everything advances your casting ability, or requires it, you're fine. For example, if you have a level of fighter for complete mage's Armored Caster Variant, and splash some abjurant champion? Sounds good. Even if you also advance melee and the like, you're still advancing caster abilities and defenses.

Healbot? Divine casting. First and foremost. But if you threw Mystic Theurge or Geometer, or something else in there? You're still good. As long as it themed towards harnessing divine magic.

Beatstick? Hey, if he's got decent skills, or some divine ability, fine. So long as he's a physical combatant (melee or ranged) that harnesses the arts martial, if he has psionic abilities (PsyWar) or somesuch? It's all good.

OMG PONIES
2009-06-23, 11:12 AM
Okay, then I'll be submitting a lvl 20 party. Should I PM the links to sheets in MythWeavers format? Also, are all Monster Manuals allowed, or just the first one?

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-23, 11:23 AM
Froogleyboy, the villains have already been made up. Afroakuma just didn't want to have to run all of these games by himself.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 11:38 AM
Oh, ok

message to short

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 12:17 PM
Okay, then I'll be submitting a lvl 20 party. Should I PM the links to sheets in MythWeavers format? Also, are all Monster Manuals allowed, or just the first one?

You'd post the Mythweaver links here. Usually spoilered to keep your DM out.

And as per the rules, only the MMI unless you buy another one with your extra source, and then you have to tell me what you're looking for. And if it's chronotyryn, I chase you to where you live, chop your head off and then say no.

Darwin: PHBII is fine.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 12:46 PM
Ok, When shall it go down?

OMG PONIES
2009-06-23, 12:56 PM
Haha, no worries about chronotyryn. PHB II is allowed as one of our extra sources, core, or what?

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 12:58 PM
PHB II is considered an extra source.

Doc Roc
2009-06-23, 01:17 PM
Can someone watch over my shoulder in soundstage A to make sure I play fair?

Eldariel
2009-06-23, 01:26 PM
Can someone watch over my shoulder in soundstage A to make sure I play fair?

I will as long as it's not ECL 15-16 or 12-13.

theterran
2009-06-23, 01:29 PM
I will as long as it's not ECL 15-16 or 12-13.

It's 15-16

Doc Roc
2009-06-23, 01:30 PM
It's ECL 16, but we're not to the boss yet, and I'm running it a little differently.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-06-23, 01:32 PM
Question, I have hundreds of homebrew monsters I'd like to playtest, and this sort of thing sounds perfect. I'd be DMing and absolutely any level from commoner to 30 CR epic would work.

Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing?

theterran
2009-06-23, 01:35 PM
It's ECL 16, but we're not to the boss yet, and I'm running it a little differently.

And I didn't even make it to the boss last time...so that's a possibility as well :smallwink:

Eldariel
2009-06-23, 01:37 PM

Regardless, I'd rather not gain myself an unfair advantage (maybe I should just go finish my builds now instead of typing here...) for the match, so I'm going to have to abstain then.

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 01:52 PM
Question, I have hundreds of homebrew monsters I'd like to playtest, and this sort of thing sounds perfect. I'd be DMing and absolutely any level from commoner to 30 CR epic would work.

Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing?

The trials are always open to others' creations, VT. We'd love to have you.

Doc Roc
2009-06-23, 02:27 PM
Tribbles do sonic and bludgeoning damage, how are you applying vorpal?

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 02:28 PM
Tribbles do sonic and bludgeoning damage, how are you applying vorpal?

The power of homebrew. :smallwink:

Doc Roc
2009-06-23, 02:29 PM
You are all loonies, you know that? :: roll eyes ::
This coming from a man known for weaponized ceilings, by the way.

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 02:35 PM
Hey V.T., now that I've found you, I have a question. Are any of your monsters serious?

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-06-23, 02:43 PM
The majority are, yes...

Froogleyboy
2009-06-23, 03:25 PM
oh ok i glanced over them a while and i saw tings like PB&J elemental

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-06-23, 04:25 PM
oh ok i glanced over them a while and i saw tings like PB&J elemental
I have over 200 creatures in the list and you focused on that? :smallconfused:

Edit: And it was a Peanut Butter (no jelly) Golem (not elemental).

Doc Roc
2009-06-23, 04:31 PM
Do me a favor and run them by me before you drop them on someone :S

9mm
2009-06-23, 04:55 PM
quick clarifcation, does MM apply to all of them or just the first for non-"you have to ask for it" books?

I'm eyeing MMIII for something.

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 04:58 PM
quick clarifcation, does MM apply to all of them or just the first for non-"you have to ask for it" books?

I'm eyeing MMIII for something.

Just the first.

And what, pray tell, are you considering from MMIII? Say fleshraker and you die.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-23, 05:05 PM
Just the first.

And what, pray tell, are you considering from MMIII? Say fleshraker and you die.Fleshraker isn't terr-yeah, I can't even type that with a straight face. It is the best Druid Wildshape form until about level 7, and remains the best AC pretty much the entire game. That said, I don't know that it is out-of-scale with the rest of the ToM.

evil-frosty
2009-06-23, 05:07 PM
I would be interested in making a party for ecl 5, if anyone is willing to DM. One thing with this though is that i am not going to have access to a computer this weekend so i would have to wait. Of course this is null and void if i cant find a DM.

Second. I would also like to play test some of mine homebrew creations(CRs as of right now include 11,12,14 and 9). But as i have never DMed a pbp i find this task a little daunting. So if someone would be so nice as to give me a tutorial in DMing a pbp, i would be very grateful.

9mm
2009-06-23, 05:15 PM
Fleshraker isn't terr-yeah, I can't even type that with a straight face. It is the best Druid Wildshape form until about level 7, and remains the best AC pretty much the entire game. That said, I don't know that it is out-of-scale with the rest of the ToM.

yep; fleshraker for animal companion; though I was also eying the flindbar when pushing around ideas for beatstick but decided against it.

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 05:16 PM
yep; fleshraker for animal companion;

Yyyyeah, that's a big no.

Honestly, CR 2? VT's CR estimator puts it at to 4, which is probably more accurate.

9mm
2009-06-23, 05:18 PM

well off to find something else to turn Zabu the ____ into...

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-23, 05:25 PM

Honestly, CR 2? VT's CR estimator puts it at to 4, which is probably more accurate.Yeah, which would make it availible as an AC at -6, which might be worth it, might not. What about for Wildshape purposes?

Doc Roc
2009-06-23, 05:43 PM
Adjudication need, soundstage A.

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 06:12 PM
Yeah, which would make it availible as an AC at -6, which might be worth it, might not. What about for Wildshape purposes?

Also a no.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-23, 06:29 PM
OK, I now have a really evil character that's probably CR 25 or so. Anyone want to test her with an ECL 20 party while we're waiting for afroakuma's villain? Admittedly, she's not Darth Sidious but the mechanics are fairly similar.

Ixahinon
2009-06-23, 07:03 PM
I'm curious what the heck the actual CR is for the ECL 7-9 challenge. So far, my two most effective party members for this particular fight are dead. I forsee the end coming, although I know the other side has to be hurting too. Can I get the stats for the opposition once the fight is over?

Edited because I want anybody else who plays this to have as hard a time as I am. :)

Ok..my PC opposition posted here asking about the difficulty here..and I am a very nervous guy.

The challange of the creature you are fighting is CR 12, and has DR, a way to heal itself, and poison/other abilities that make some people cry. I saw it and cried a little.

I mean...in a normal campaign, where you might have hints and clues as to what this creature does. You could take it out quickly...but just popped in with it, it's nasty.

I fully intend on revealing the goodies to you when this is all said and done. I am assuming since I don't have any blarring comments from Afro, and not too many complaints from you...that I have made minimal mistakes.

You should Ask Afro to DM the ECL 14 for me, Rahl..that way you can return the favor. :smalltongue:

EDIT: I also have a villian for an ECL encounter that I ran by Afro...he said I could try to run it in his contest, but I'd be responsible for it. I playtested my own party of four against it, and it was...eh...but Since there is no sure fire way of calculating CR, and my opinion is bias..I would also like someone to look at my guy..if nothing else, for piece of mind...it's seriously bothering me. I think he's a badass...but I'm sure the general populus will see him as like... CR 8 or something...

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-23, 08:28 PM
Oh, I think you've made a mistake or two, but I know I've made several so it's a wash. Also, see the spoiler for more about our little rumble.

IT HEALS? Sonofa...

If I had it to do over again, there's a lot that I would change, and not even situation specific kind of stuff. DR is common enough that I should've thought about a way around it for my beatstick. Wizard should've had Mirror Image, Cleric should've had a few more nukes and not spent as long buffing himself, etc.

Hmm, that might be kinda fun to be on the other side. What do you say Afro, can I run the ECL14 slaughter challenge against Ixahinon?

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 08:42 PM
Sure. I'll forward you the opposition shortly. Hopefully Ixa doesn't repeat the same mistake his predecessor did.

Ixahinon
2009-06-23, 09:45 PM
I'm nervous now..did you mean predecessor as in the DM for my ECL 20, and you don't want me to fail DMing? Or just dying miserably?

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-23, 09:50 PM
I think he meant that the previous person to try ECL 14 made some costly mistakes.

Doc Roc
2009-06-23, 09:55 PM
I require examination of my tactics and sanity on soundstage A. I feel really crummy about this.

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 10:16 PM
I think he meant that the previous person to try ECL 14 made some costly mistakes.

The previous ECL 14 player made one costly mistake; the single stupidest, bravest, most gutsy, most perfectly imbecilic move I've ever seen or heard of. It was at once sublime and catastrophic. That player is rightfully proud. :smallsmile:

I require examination of my tactics and sanity on soundstage A. I feel really crummy about this.

En route.

Doc Roc
2009-06-23, 10:39 PM
The previous ECL 14 player made one costly mistake; the single stupidest, bravest, most gutsy, most perfectly imbecilic move I've ever seen or heard of. It was at once sublime and catastrophic. That player is rightfully proud. :smallsmile:

I need a link, right now. :: laughing :: I gotta see this.

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 10:47 PM
It would have begun right here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6168138#post6168138).

What came before:
Giant, web-filled cave, magic traps chucking Fort saves at him, nausea-inducting stink, all this just inside the entrance! Ergo, Archetype- gets fed up with the idea of wading through god-knows-what and zips in.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-23, 11:43 PM
No Terran:As far as I can tell, Tidesinger is being fair. This definitely seems realistic, and likely that it will, at the end, have a clear beginning, middle, and end to the fight. The actual fight, from what he has said, seems like it will be either a single encounter, or a trap or 2 to weaken and an encounter(both with the WD having a surprise round due to intelligent use of spellcasting). That said, I don't know how close this is to the villian's personality, and there is definitely no harm to keeping an eye on it to make sure it's not a repeat of the previous fiasco.

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 11:46 PM
Anyway, short story short(er), Archetype- dimension doored his entire party right next to the villain. And got massacred immediately. Hilarious, gutsy move (he went in blind) that failed only because it was too perfect a landing.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-23, 11:53 PM
Anyway, short story short(er), Archetype- dimension doored his entire party right next to the villain. And got massacred immediately. Hilarious, gutsy move (he went in blind) that failed only because it was too perfect a landing.Really, there's not much else he could do. Any attempt to walk in the front would have left his entire party nauseated as they failed the saves(no one could make all of them), while they have to pick their way between the traps and the Webs. And then there were the Orbs. Really, it was either DD or run. And yeah, he would have had a much better shot if he hadn't landed in melee range of the boss.

afroakuma
2009-06-23, 11:57 PM
Oh, I'm aware. Just makes it all the more awesome. Shame where he landed, but still damn cool. :smallcool:

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-24, 08:21 AM
That was indeed epic. Also, if that's the baddy that I get to run, excuse me while I practice my evil laugh. MUA HA HA HA HA!!! :smallbiggrin:

Ixahinon
2009-06-24, 09:44 AM
I want so badly to look

Talic
2009-06-24, 09:52 AM
Sigh. I'm currently mostly done with 2 of my 4 characters (Skillmonkey and Arcanist).

Skill Monkey is actually fully done. Arcanist needs skills, and I'm still working out his planned buff suite.

Saph
2009-06-24, 09:54 AM
Hey, Afro, we've got an . . . interesting result for you to adjudicate. :)

Due to a ridiculously unlikely combination of circumstances, it looks like Ixa and Rahl's battle has ended with the death of EVERYONE. All the PCs, and all the OpFor, completely wiped out.

Sooo . . . who does that count as a win for? I think they've managed to come up with a result that doesn't fit on your tables. :P

- Saph

afroakuma
2009-06-24, 09:57 AM
Hey, Afro, we've got an . . . interesting result for you to adjudicate. :)

Due to a ridiculously unlikely combination of circumstances, it looks like Ixa and Rahl's battle has ended with the death of EVERYONE. All the PCs, and all the OpFor, completely wiped out.

Sooo . . . who does that count as a win for? I think they've managed to come up with a result that doesn't fit on your tables. :P

- Saph

:eek:

How in the...

*sigh* I'll go look.

theterran
2009-06-24, 10:07 AM
Where's a link? I wanna see!

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-24, 10:40 AM
OK, I'm confused. Where are the links to previous fights, if any?

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-24, 10:43 AM
Here's the link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6356609&posted=1#post6356609).

The short version is, I killed the baddie, but my only living party member is only alive because of a Revenance spell, which revives a character for 1min/level after which they die no matter what. It was extended to 2min/level, and due to the length of the fight, the dude has about 15 minutes left. I would think he still has time to let the quest giver know that they completed it and to bring a high level cleric. :)

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-24, 11:39 AM
@afroakuma:
I sent you my villain. Did you receive it?

theterran
2009-06-24, 12:44 PM
Is DMG II part of the DMG in the core sources? :smalltongue:

9mm
2009-06-24, 01:29 PM
ok, since I've never actually played a spell caster before...did I prepare spells correctly for this one?

DM's for 10-11 keep out!

Shana the druid (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=134974)

PaladinBoy
2009-06-24, 01:34 PM
... Well, I'm still interested in playing, but I don't think I got a response to my request back on page 2 (this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6339836#post6339836)) about letting me use the dragonmark feats from the Eberron campaign setting...

Sorry if I missed it, but I'm still not sure if the answer is yes or no...

theterran
2009-06-24, 01:36 PM
It would count as your extra source I imagine...

theterran
2009-06-24, 01:41 PM
ok, since I've never actually played a spell caster before...did I prepare spells correctly for this one?

DM's for 10-11 keep out!

Shana the druid (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=134974)

9mm
It's a decent 1st crack at a divine caster. The thing with druids is that they typically don't stay in the same shape, which is one of their greatest assets...so find a form that fits your needs and wildshape into that...you get it's Str / Dex / Con, so don't waste stat points on Str and Dex...Con you'll still want for HP, as yours won't change to fit the new Con score. You do, however, retain your Int/Wis/Cha, so pump that Wis...especially if you're set on using monk's belt. And since he'll more than likely be your healer, you might want to have him prepare a couple of healing spells just-in-case...

afroakuma
2009-06-24, 01:49 PM
... Well, I'm still interested in playing, but I don't think I got a response to my request back on page 2 (this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6339836#post6339836)) about letting me use the dragonmark feats from the Eberron campaign setting...

Sorry if I missed it, but I'm still not sure if the answer is yes or no...

It would have to be purchased as your extra source.

Belial: I did see it; I'll send you my comments later today.

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-24, 01:50 PM
9mm, what are you concerned about not doing right? It's fairly simple to figure out how many spells of each level you can prepare and then just pick them. The only time preparing spells gets complicated is when you deal with metamagic, but it looks like you handled that correctly. Other than mispelling some spells, it looks fine to me.

Edit: Afro, have you decided whether I managed a win or not? I'm on pins and needles here. :)

Talic
2009-06-24, 05:15 PM
9mm
It's a decent 1st crack at a divine caster. The thing with druids is that they typically don't stay in the same shape, which is one of their greatest assets...so find a form that fits your needs and wildshape into that...you get it's Str / Dex / Con, so don't waste stat points on Str and Dex...Con you'll still want for HP, as yours won't change to fit the new Con score. You do, however, retain your Int/Wis/Cha, so pump that Wis...especially if you're set on using monk's belt. And since he'll more than likely be your healer, you might want to have him prepare a couple of healing spells just-in-case...

Addendum:Druids also have pretty much the best list of long term (hours/level) buffs out there. Combined with an Extend Spell feat, and you can get 24 hour buffs at mid levels. Get a bit more, and you can easily use yesterday's spells for today's buffs. Heck, at level 20, it's not hard to get around 48 hour buffs or more.

9mm, what are you concerned about not doing right? It's fairly simple to figure out how many spells of each level you can prepare and then just pick them. The only time preparing spells gets complicated is when you deal with metamagic, but it looks like you handled that correctly. Other than mispelling some spells, it looks fine to me.

Edit: Afro, have you decided whether I managed a win or not? I'm on pins and needles here. :)

Such things? I Would call a draw.

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 05:20 PM
Gosh Darn but I love 48hr buffs. :)

Talic
2009-06-24, 05:23 PM
You're tellin' me :)

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 05:27 PM
could you do a review-pass of my current conduct in Soundstage A? I switched a BUNCH of gear on to and off of Nax, because it seemed like a really poor loadout.

Talic
2009-06-24, 05:29 PM
Well, some of it is, in all honesty, but it's got gold to burn still. Link me?

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 05:34 PM
Soundstage A (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115565)

I'll send you a rebuilt inventory and loadout of feats\skills soon. One huge problem was that he had no spellcraft.

Eurus
2009-06-24, 05:44 PM
So, I have two questions:

Question 1, if you dual-wield Defending weapons, do the bonuses stack? I imagine they do, since the ability specifically says it stacks with all others, but I'm not certain.

Question 2, does Contingency go off before or after the condition that triggers it takes effect? To be more specific, if I have a contingency to bring up a Wall of Force to block an Antimagic Field from touching me, and the AMF pops up so that I'm already in its area, is the Contingency suppressed before it can go off?

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 05:46 PM
During, actually. It's as per an immediate action, but at "game engine" speed.
It's a very serious problem with the game. Contingency could have used a full page of rules just to itself in addition to what it got.

Eurus
2009-06-24, 05:47 PM
Ah. So, would a contingent Wall of Force work, or not?

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 05:49 PM
What I am suggesting is that I have no idea, and I doubt that most anyone else could tell you either with solid RAW backing, barring people like T_G.

Eurus
2009-06-24, 05:56 PM
Ah. Well... I'll keep it anyway. Can't hurt that much.

Ixahinon
2009-06-24, 05:57 PM
In regards to Rahl's fight being a win, or it resulting in a tie:

If you really want to get techinical. It would be a tie, at best. If you look at the first post I made for the battle (Page 7, Post #198.) The village that is being harassed is 25 miles from the villan's lair. I haven't looked up base land speed and all that crap, but I think even at a forced march, or dead run, Morekal is screwed...the best he could do is pen a letter speaking of the creature's death, and hope someone finds him.

As for basics...this was a tournament to see who could defeat the villian...not defeat the villian and live (Though that is implied)...plus..DMs should revel in giving players a challange, but not seek to win against them...so I'd just let him have it.

Eurus
2009-06-24, 06:16 PM
Er, what about my other question? Can you benefit from more than one defending weapon at a time, or is that covered under the "unnamed bonuses from the same source don't stack" clause?

afroakuma
2009-06-24, 06:38 PM
In the matter of Master_Rahl22 vs. Ixahinon:

The DM appears to have ignored the fact that all battles take place on an otherwise empty world. It doesn't matter where the village "is" or "is not" because, on the world in which the battle actually takes place, there is no village. The effect that brought the party to the villain's chambers ends and they are instantly returned to a nearby friendly location, though three of them are dead and the other one's days are numbered.

Therefore, I am calling it in favor of the player. Congratulations Rahl, and a good game to you both.

Eurus: regarding that Contingency AMF trick - I wouldn't let you get away with it, and I'm the mediator, so it doesn't work.

Eurus
2009-06-24, 06:49 PM
Great. So, how does one go about not being completely and utterly destroyed by a single AMF, if one were to be used? Any advice?

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 06:52 PM
Initiate of Mystra? :: warmly joking ::

Conjuration(Creation) effects are not blocked, and AMFs require LoE.

Eurus
2009-06-24, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately, you still can't cast an Orb of X if you're in the area of an AMF. So that works if it's being used defensively, but not so well if it's used offensively (See comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0627.html), :smalltongue:). And getting out of LoE sounds simple enough, but presumably if someone's going to all the trouble of dropping an AMF on you, there will be something to stop you from simply walking around a corner.

afroakuma
2009-06-24, 07:02 PM
Great. So, how does one go about not being completely and utterly destroyed by a single AMF, if one were to be used? Any advice?

As the author of these villains, I can certify that there are worse things to concern yourself with. In many cases, unstoppable things that you simply have to avoid.

Belial_the_Leveler
2009-06-24, 07:07 PM
That is why a contingent dimension door is more effective than trying to block an antimagic field.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-06-24, 07:11 PM
VT, do you have a monster for a level 3 party? I like my characters from there and want to run it against something that is NOT an ABOMINATION with EPIC LEVEL WALL PAINT, not to mention CONFUSION TRAPS, ZOMBIE DRAGONS, and REVERSE GRAVITY + LAVA traps. [/rant] I could do something around there as well.

Oh, and that was hilarious with Archtype. I loved DMing that.

olelia
2009-06-24, 07:13 PM
In TYM Soundstage A (Trial I: theterran vs. Tidesinger) how did theterran cast Break Enchantment on the bad guy if it has a 1 minute casting time? :smallconfused:

Abjuration
Level: Brd 4, Clr 5, Luck 5, Pal 4, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: Up to one creature per level, all within 30 ft. of each other
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No

This spell frees victims from enchantments, transmutations, and curses. Break enchantment can reverse even an instantaneous effect. For each such effect, you make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level, maximum +15) against a DC of 11 + caster level of the effect. Success means that the creature is free of the spell, curse, or effect. For a cursed magic item, the DC is 25.

If the spell is one that cannot be dispelled by dispel magic, break enchantment works only if that spell is 5th level or lower.

If the effect comes from some permanent magic item break enchantment does not remove the curse from the item, but it does frees the victim from the item’s effects.

Bolded for convenience...there's probably a way..but Just curious.

Eurus
2009-06-24, 07:14 PM
Well, I think there's a paladin variant somewhere that gets it instead of Remove Disease... I dunno if that changes the casting time.

And as for Dimension Door, I'm assuming that if a Wall of Force wouldn't go off in time to avoid the suppressing effects of the AMF, neither would a DD. Which makes it a royal pain, even if it's not the worst thing out there.

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 07:23 PM
I don't mind him obviating the casting time, as the casting time is absolutely stupid, and I had forgotten about it myself.

Talic
2009-06-24, 07:39 PM
Well, I think there's a paladin variant somewhere that gets it instead of Remove Disease... I dunno if that changes the casting time.

And as for Dimension Door, I'm assuming that if a Wall of Force wouldn't go off in time to avoid the suppressing effects of the AMF, neither would a DD. Which makes it a royal pain, even if it's not the worst thing out there.

You can always trigger the Contingency at the casting, not the resolving.

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 07:40 PM
Yersh. Forgot about that, got too focused on the precise question asked.

Ixahinon
2009-06-24, 07:43 PM
In the matter of Master_Rahl22 vs. Ixahinon:

The DM appears to have ignored the fact that all battles take place on an otherwise empty world. It doesn't matter where the village "is" or "is not" because, on the world in which the battle actually takes place, there is no village. The effect that brought the party to the villain's chambers ends and they are instantly returned to a nearby friendly location, though three of them are dead and the other one's days are numbered.

Therefore, I am calling it in favor of the player. Congratulations Rahl, and a good game to you both.

Eurus: regarding that Contingency AMF trick - I wouldn't let you get away with it, and I'm the mediator, so it doesn't work.

The DM wasn't ignoring it. The DM was offering RP fluff to make the reason for him being there more interesting then just 'ok...GO!'

I agreed to giving the victory to Rahl..as he accomplished what this tournament/contest thingy is all about...beating the villian.

Talic
2009-06-24, 07:44 PM
I shoot for the answers to make things work. Not the question that people ask. ;)

Ixahinon
2009-06-24, 07:47 PM
So when are Rahl and I switching places?

afroakuma
2009-06-24, 08:03 PM
So when are Rahl and I switching places?

Depends. Your party ready?

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-24, 08:03 PM
I have yet to receive the opposition for the ECL 14 challenge. Once I get a chance to look it over and hopefully ask any questions I have before they come up, then we can start. That assumes that you have a party, of course.

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 08:09 PM
Question
no terran

May I divebomb them? By which I mean use Naxei as a large and very heavy falling object\weapon?

Ixahinon
2009-06-24, 08:17 PM
My party's been ready for ages, we argued about it for a while.

No ECL 14 DMs allowed:

En'tha'kash (8th Ghast/3rd Lurking Terror/3rd Fighter) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130874)
Nalenreel (8th Wight/3rd Lurking Terror/3 Feat Rogue) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130955)
Ixahinon (4th Wizard/10th Pale Master) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130873)
Xy'zxy (4th Cleric/10th Master of Shouds) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=130963)

My Undead beatstick and trapmonkey with Undead Summoning Healbot and Blaster.

Ixahinon also get's a 14th level Undead Cohort as a class ability that you were suppose to give me.

afroakuma
2009-06-24, 08:22 PM
I have yet to receive the opposition for the ECL 14 challenge. Once I get a chance to look it over and hopefully ask any questions I have before they come up, then we can start. That assumes that you have a party, of course.

It's been dispatched. Feel free with questions. Direct to PM, please.

Tidesinger: If you must. :smallsigh: I'd like to think that thing has better tricks.

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 08:26 PM
Sometimes simple and brutal works best.

Master_Rahl22
2009-06-24, 09:28 PM
Ixahinon, I have reviewed the OpFor and have an encounter in mind. I will work up a map some time tomorrow and then we can get a soundstage and get started.

Talic
2009-06-24, 09:56 PM
Submitted for Critiquing:

ECL 20 DM, Keep out:Healbot (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6645)
Skillmonkey (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6630)
Arcanist (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=6643)
Beatstick under construction

theterran
2009-06-24, 09:57 PM
Hey AA, I might be up for DMing ECL 16 after I get done playing it...if anyone wants a go..:smallbiggrin:

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 10:18 PM
Nice arcanist, talic! :)

theterran
2009-06-24, 10:24 PM
Yes, very nice...you put mine to shame (I should have stuck with a wizard...):smallyuk:

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 10:27 PM
Yours is very nice, actually. I've been really impressed. I'm a huge sorcerer fan, but I haven't seen you use arcane fusion yet...?

theterran
2009-06-24, 10:28 PM
Yours is very nice, actually. I've been really impressed. I'm a huge sorcerer fan, but I haven't seen you use arcane fusion yet...?

I used it in buffing...You haven't given me a clear shot to actually use it yet...:smallyuk:

Being all sneaky with the sneakiness...

Doc Roc
2009-06-24, 10:30 PM
Direct confrontation with a well-built sorcerer is almost certainly suicide.
I will use sorcerer over wizard almost every single time, particularly for delivery of mail.