PDA

View Full Version : Exalted 2nd Edition - Which Books to Buy?

The Rose Dragon
2009-06-20, 06:32 AM
Currently I have all the current Manuals of Exalted Power, Graceful Wicked Masques, Books of Sorcery I - IV, Scroll of the Monk and as well as the core rulebook. Which books add most to the core experience of Exalted, and which books add the greatest amount of spice?

oxinabox
2009-06-20, 06:44 AM
EDIT: Misread. no comment

Josh the Aspie
2009-06-20, 06:47 AM
Depends on power level you want to start at, and time period. For high powered, or pre-fall campaigns, there is a book out there (forget the name off hand) that has huge amounts of esense 6 or higher charms in it, as well as huge amounts of setting information for the period when the Solar Deliberative was still running things.

The Rose Dragon
2009-06-20, 06:52 AM
Dreams of the First Age, which is a boxed set and isn't available in .pdf format. Currently, my options are limited to those on RPGNow.com.

Tengu_temp
2009-06-20, 07:16 AM
I suggest the various Compasses of Terrestial and Celestial Directions.

The Rose Dragon
2009-06-20, 07:22 AM
Over Book of Sorcery V? That's interesting, I suppose. Which one do you think adds the most to a game (I'm going with Malfeas, as I'm a big fan of Infernals)?

Terraoblivion
2009-06-20, 10:29 AM
Books of Sorcery V is pretty vital if you use demons and ghosts a lot. If you don't it is pretty useless. The Compasses add a lot of spice. They aren't strictly needed, but chances are that at least some of the places presented in them are quite impressive and different from what you'd expect, so even if you don't use them directly they might still broaden your view of what Creation can be like. As for which of them adds the most, you can rarely go wrong with the Scavenger Lands since the vast majority of all Exalted games takes place there. On the other hand it might be more fruitful to buy something like the one for The West since that direction was always kinda vague and indistinct in theme. As for the ones to supernatural locations it depends on which ones you want to use, though Malfeas and the Underworld are probably more useful than the Blessed Isle and the Wyld overall.

wadledo
2009-06-20, 11:10 AM
Scroll of Fallen Races! Scroll of Fallen Races! :P