PDA

View Full Version : Witches & Warlocks II: Double Double Toil and Trouble! [Game on!]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Deathslayer7
2009-06-20, 03:20 PM
Welcome to Witches & Warlocks II:
Double Double Toil and Trouble!

Narrator - Deathslayer7
CoNarrator - The Bookworm

Basic Werewolf Rules for Beginners:
Werewolf Games, commonly abbreviated as WW, are strategy games, where the players have to lie, trick, deceive and backstab as much as they possibly can.

The basic procedure is like this: Werewolf players are given a role via Private Message. This role is secret and is only known to the player and the narrators. The premise is to keep that role secret from the rest of the players.

There are two basic teams: The Wolves and the Villagers. The Villagers have as their winning condition to find out who among them are Wolves. Since everyone's role is a secret, it takes a while of guesswork and strategy to manage this. The Wolves, on the other hand, have as their goal to hide among the Villagers and make the villagers suspect each other while surviving until they eliminate enough villagers so that the villager number equals their own.

The game is divided in two Phases: The Day Phase and the Night Phase. During the Day Phase, everyone, Wolves and Villagers alike, Point at someone to vote on who is going to be lynched that day. As a general rule, this is done by writing the person's name in red text. The player with the most votes will be lynched, that is to say eliminated from the game. Day Phases generally last 48 hours.

The Night Phase is for stuff that happens under the table. Some people have roles other than simple "Villager" and "Wolf". I'll get to them in a moment. People with these special roles usually have "night actions" that require targeting a certain player. This is done by PM'ing the narrator with the action. During the Night Phase, the wolves send in an action to kill one player of their choice. The Player's death is announced at the end of a Night Phase, and then the Next Day Phase starts. Night Phases generally last 24 hours.

On Power Roles: As mentioned before there are several Roles. "Wolf" and "Villager" are the most basic of roles, but games usually include more. The basic power roles are:
A Seer, who sends in an action every night to the narrator to "scry" another player, one per night. The narrator will tell the Seer what role that player has.
A Baner, who protects one person from being killed each night.
A Fool, who is told he is the Seer, but actually gets results for scries at Random.
A Devil, who is the Seer for the Wolf Team.
The Masons who are a group of Villagers who start off knowing each other's roles. (They're all working together.)

Those are the rules of the Classic Werewolf game. Usually, however, games have several variations and other roles. The special roles and variations for this game are defined below in the Roles section.

In another note: Players must vote, they cannot abstain. If a player fails to vote for two days in a row, he or she will be automatically disqualified, known as an Auto-lynch.

When a player is lynched, Killed, or Auto'd, his death is announced, he is removed, and his role is made public. While players are allowed (and encouraged) to communicate with each other outside the main thread by PM or IM, Dead Players cannot be contacted and cannot attempt to influence the game in any way.

On cheating:
Different narrators have different definitions of what constitutes as cheating in their games. However, there are some actions that are considered cheating by most rules and shoud be avoided.
A) Requesting or bullying other players into forwarding the PM with their role from the narrators. After long discussion in WW Central, the general concensus was that this is considered cheating.
B) Likewise, using your role PM as proof of your identity. Your Role PM serves for one purpose only: to tell you your role. Not to tell it to everyone else.
C) Attempting to help your team after dying. Within the universe of the game, dead players are DEAD. Dead men tell no tales. Eliminated players who attempt to provide information or to influence the voting or night actions in the game are cheating.
D) Attempting to extract information from dead players. Just as dead players cannot interfere with the game, living players cannot try to use them to obtain data, e.g., "Hey, you were the seer, right? Can you tell me who was scried?" or "You were a mason, weren't you? Can you get me in contact with the others?".

That explains the basics of Werewolf Games. I hope you enjoy this game!

The Roles: Good Guys

The Wizard of Oz (Baner): The Wizard of Oz knows everything that goes down in his land. He's the man to go to when you need help. Once per night, he can bane one person from night kills.

The Good Witch(Seer): This little fairy is one of the few good ones. She knows what people think and who they are and what they will do. Once per night, she can scry someone to determine their true role.

The Scarecrow (Fool): Have you seen my brain? With no brain, it makes it hard for the Scarecrow to think right. As such, he thinks he is the seer. Once per night, he can scry a person, thinking he knows what they are. Result is random.

The Lion (Special Role/to be edited): Lions are supposed to be strong, scary and fierce, but this one seemed to go the opposite direction. Any actions or night kills that target the Lion take effect one day later.

The Tinman (special role/to be edited): A body made of metal can withstand a lot more then a normal human body. The Tinman has a special ability that lets him try and save one person from a night kill. The Tinman chooses one person targeted at night, if that same night that person is targeted, he sacrifices himself instead to save that person.

If successful, people will know that the Tinman stepped in to save the day, and who was protected, but not their role.

Note- If the baner banes the same person as the Tinman tries to save and the Witches attack that person, the ability is not used.

Dorothy + Toto (Voiders): Can you help this little girl and her dog find their way home? Once per night, they can either choose to change a person's point the next day phase to match their own, or negate any ability that a person might have that night. Both Dorothy and Toto start seperated. Part of their win condition is to find each other.

Munchkins (Villagers): These are the normal everyday law-abiding little loveable people who pay their taxes in candy. Unfortunately, they are stuck in the crossfire.

Wizards (Masons): A small select group of individuals who help the Wizard of Oz maintain peace in Oz. Start off knowing each other.

The Roles: Bad Guys

The Wicked Witch of the West(Alpha + Beast): The Wicked Witch is not to be taken lightly. Whenever she is lynched, she can choose one person who pointed at her and takes them down with her.

The Wicked Witch of the East (Disguiser): A house kill her? Yeah right! Faking her own death, she can choose someone and change their role to her choosing for the night.

Flying Pet Monkey (Devil): Watch what you say. This little critter is a master of treachery. Once per night, it can spy on a person to determine their true nature.

The Nome King (Voider): Once King of Oz but no longer, he still refers to himself as a King. Behind the scenes, he can choose certain people he wants. He can either change their point for the next day to match his own or their night ability, if they have one.

Witches (Wolves): These are witches, who for their own reasons, choose to follow the Wicked Witches.

Player List (29/30)

{table=head]player|role|died
Mustiado||
billtodamax||
Opeth_Freak||
Aemoh||
Murska||
Feeling Coward||
Dirk Kris||
Allysian||
eaglewiz||
Fin||
banjo1985||
evanfets||
Happyturtle|Munchkin|lynched day 1
Lex-kat||
Hyozo||
Mrs Banjo||
Kyouhen||
Haruki-kun||
MOD||
roger123275||
Jontom Xire|Munchkin|lynched day 2
Talic||
Supagoof||
Jair Barik||
Quintis||
The Bushranger|Good Witch|killed night 2
Blue Ghost||
Oddity|Munchkin|killed night 1
OrderoftheSnarl||
[/table]

fluff to come later. edits to roles as well.

Mustiado
2009-06-21, 12:57 AM
In, of course.

billtodamax
2009-06-21, 01:30 AM
I'm in.

Opeth_Freak
2009-06-21, 04:32 AM
In, as always :smallsmile:

Aemoh
2009-06-21, 04:42 AM
In, says I.

Murska
2009-06-21, 06:04 AM
I'll join. :smallsmile:

Fleeing Coward
2009-06-21, 06:39 AM
Count me in.

Dirk Kris
2009-06-21, 07:43 AM
Sign me up.

Allysian
2009-06-21, 09:31 AM
In for the Win! Hehehe. I made a funny!

The Bookworm
2009-06-21, 10:12 AM
I'll conarrate, but if I'm not wanted for that spot, I'm in!

EagleWiz
2009-06-21, 10:21 AM
I'm in this one.

Fin
2009-06-21, 10:46 AM
In, with Cake!

banjo1985
2009-06-21, 12:46 PM
In says I :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2009-06-21, 04:42 PM
k roles edited a bit. might want to reread them. Some more roles also added in.

evnafets
2009-06-21, 05:10 PM
Sign me up.

Hmmm I thought the house killed the Wicked Witch of the East - not the West.
And where are the silver shoes/ruby slippers ?

The Bookworm
2009-06-21, 05:42 PM
Evnafets: You're right, the house killed the WWotE, not the WWotW. WWotW was killed by a pail of water. I'm melting, I'm melting!

There are also two witches, the Good Witch of the North, who is nameless, and the Good Witch of the South, named Glinda. They are often mixed up.

happyturtle
2009-06-21, 06:02 PM
In, as Tip.

Deathslayer7
2009-06-21, 06:57 PM
Sign me up.

Hmmm I thought the house killed the Wicked Witch of the East - not the West.
And where are the silver shoes/ruby slippers ?

you saw nothing. >.> I mean it.

I keel you!

Lex-Kat
2009-06-21, 07:30 PM
In. :smallsmile:

Hyozo
2009-06-21, 07:39 PM
"Odd, it seems that this itteration of Witches & Warlocks is lacking in warlocks."

Hyozo will remedy that by joining.

Mrs Banjo
2009-06-22, 12:32 PM
In with eggs. Hope somebody gets this :smallfrown:

Kyouhen
2009-06-22, 01:43 PM
I do believe I shall get in on this one.

Haruki-kun
2009-06-22, 01:49 PM
I shall be in.

MOD
2009-06-22, 02:08 PM
I suppose this means I'm IN!

The Bookworm
2009-06-22, 04:50 PM
In with eggs. Hope somebody gets this :smallfrown:
I get it; don't worry.

DwarvenExodus
2009-06-22, 04:55 PM
Count Me In!

Fin
2009-06-22, 06:38 PM
I get it; don't worry.

:smalleek: I don't! What does it mean, if it's a reference to the actual Wizard of Oz story then I'm lost. I've seen the film... But it was about 10 years ago!

evnafets
2009-06-22, 06:59 PM
Eggs are the Nome King's only weakness. Eggs are the stuff of life, and deadly poison to all of his underworld creatures.

He was introduced in the third book of the series (Ozma of Oz) and featured in the movie "Return to Oz" which was a mix of books two and three.

Me? Oz obssessed? I deny everything.

Jontom Xire
2009-06-23, 02:19 AM
In!

I forgot to prepare explosive runes this morning. And I'm not a wizard anyway.

Talic
2009-06-23, 02:41 AM
In, assuming I last more than a day and a half... Unlike my last 4 games.

Fleeing Coward
2009-06-23, 02:50 AM
In, assuming I last more than a day and a half... Unlike my last 4 games.

It's just your reward for leading the wolves to victory in Phantom. Don't you like it? :smallamused:

Mrs Banjo
2009-06-23, 03:18 AM
Eggs are the Nome King's only weakness. Eggs are the stuff of life, and deadly poison to all of his underworld creatures.

He was introduced in the third book of the series (Ozma of Oz) and featured in the movie "Return to Oz" which was a mix of books two and three.

Me? Oz obssessed? I deny everything.

Yay people get it, no your not obsessed :smallwink:

Talic
2009-06-23, 03:40 AM
It's just your reward for leading the wolves to victory in Phantom. Don't you like it? :smallamused:

::Congratulations, here's your win and your 3 week ban from werewolf games! ::

Hmm.
:smallamused:

Fin
2009-06-23, 06:22 AM

Yeah, after what I pulled in LotR WW I paid the price by being first day lynched in like three consecutive games! Annoyingly I was a wolf in just one of them!

Supagoof
2009-06-23, 09:34 AM
In like Fin!

Oh, hi Fin! *waves*

Jair Barik
2009-06-23, 09:42 AM
I'm in
are ther any witchaloks in addition to the others?:smallwink:

Fin
2009-06-23, 09:54 AM
In like Fin!

Oh, hi Fin! *waves*

*waves back*

I like you Supagoof... But your crazy!

Quintis
2009-06-23, 10:05 AM
I'm definately in.

Supagoof
2009-06-23, 11:07 AM
*waves back*

I like you Supagoof... But your crazy!SHHHHHH! DON'T TELL ANYONE! I'll have to care-bear-stare them.

The Bookworm
2009-06-24, 08:47 AM
7 More Players Needed!

The Bushranger
2009-06-24, 12:23 PM
In like Finn! :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-06-24, 12:26 PM

Hey, that consequence is avoidable. :smallwink:

Blue Ghost
2009-06-24, 02:01 PM
I'll be in, for some more experience.

Deathslayer7
2009-06-25, 01:50 AM
well were going no matter what. we have enough people that I won't cancel it like last time. but the more the merrier! :smallsmile:

Oddity
2009-06-25, 03:59 AM
In, with cheese... EAT IT

The Bookworm
2009-06-26, 09:51 PM
Four More Players would make the narrators happy!

OrderOfTheSnarl
2009-06-27, 11:50 AM
I'm In!

Darn, all the witty comments were taken. :(

Deathslayer7
2009-06-28, 02:44 PM
K. Recruitment closed. pms being sent out.

Deathslayer7
2009-06-28, 04:14 PM
PM's Sent! If you did not recieve one, please pm me. Game will start sometime today.

Deathslayer7
2009-06-28, 07:13 PM
I told you we should have taken the left fork back there! Deathslayer said, yelling at Bookworm.

Shut up already! You said this like a billion times!

Yeah, but i knew i shouldn't have listened to you. It's a wonder why I started now. Where the hell are we even!?

Bookworm points to a sign. O Z. Whats O Z?

Deathslayer whacks Bookworm with a broom. Ow! Quiet! Did you hear that?

A low hum could be heard, gradually getting louder. Where is that blasted noise coming from!?

Crash!!! A small farm house lands on Deathslayer crushing her. Bookworm just stares, eyes opened wide.

A girl's voice could be heard from inside. Toto? Where are you? Oh... I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

The girl then spots Bookworm. Oh! Are you from around here? Can you tell me where I am?

As she speaks, faces appear out of the grass. Oh! the girl says, quite suprised. Bookworm continues to stare, open-mouthed.

You killed the Wicked Witch! She killed the Wicked Witch! Hooray! Hooray!

Shouts and glees could be heard, as well as singing.

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead! Which old witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead! It went on well into the afternoon, singing and merry-making.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
In another part of the land. Uh Wicked Witch? You do realize people are saying you're dead right? a servent asked her.

Who cares!? It's my day off! I'm relaxing! I'll deal with it tomorrow! she said, a bit angry at being interrupted during her spa.

But Wicked Witch! You have a reputation to maintain! Who else will strike fear into their hearts?

The Wicked Witch pointed a finger at the sevant and there was a soft pop. Where the servant was, only a pile of ash remained. As I said... I'll deal with it tomorrow. That done, she went back to relaxing.
-----------------------------------
After a while Bookworm finally got over the shock and pulled out a manuscript from inside his pocket. On the front it read: Do not open unless cause of death was accidental.

Bookworm broke the sticker and flipped to the first page. It was blank. He flipped through the rest. Each one was just as blank. Finally on the last page, two words were written.

Game on!

Day starts and will end in 48 hours!

Notes:
Helgraf's scry interference rule is in effect.
A 25% lynch majority is not needed to lynch someone.
The Witch Alpha did not pick her team as stated in the role. (I edited it out).
Roles were edited one last time, but no further changes will be made. (mostly on the voiders).
Dorothy and Toto are seperated. If they find each other, they will trigger the better ending (special victory condition).

Aemoh
2009-06-28, 07:21 PM
To start things off...

*points at Murska*

Cause I've missed pointing at him :smalltongue:

Allysian
2009-06-28, 07:46 PM
Poor Elphaba, people are being meanie heads to her, again. People like Bushranger. Yeah. I see through your evilness. Yeah.

Murska
2009-06-28, 07:47 PM
Aemoh. This point is TOTALLY based on evidence and is in no way a counterpoint.

Fleeing Coward
2009-06-28, 08:29 PM
Jontom Xire for the preemptive strike.

The Bushranger
2009-06-28, 08:39 PM
Oddity. For being odd!

Kyouhen
2009-06-28, 11:00 PM
Allysian for sympathizing with the silly unwashed witch. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-06-28, 11:11 PM
I'm scared of ghosts, Bushranger.

Haruki-kun
2009-06-28, 11:18 PM
happyturtle for great justice!

Oddity
2009-06-29, 12:56 AM
The Bushranger
"I fell over yesterday"
"And she saw me"
"And I was really sad"
"And she was looking at me"
"And I asked her to help me"
"But she just stood there"
"And..."
"And..."
"Waaaa shes a meanie"
Hopples needs your help!

Talic
2009-06-29, 01:19 AM
Fleeing Coward, for pre-empting my preemptive strike with a preemptive strike of his own.

billtodamax
2009-06-29, 01:29 AM
happyturtle

Lex-Kat
2009-06-29, 01:33 AM
Aemoh, for REVENGE!!!!!

Jair Barik
2009-06-29, 02:02 AM
Hmmm I seem to be hearing a lot about some guy named bushranger must be infamous... Infamy=a witch!

Jontom Xire
2009-06-29, 02:48 AM
Jontom Xire for the preemptive strike.

Missed! I'm pointing at Murska as I usually do. So Nyah nyah nyah nyaaaaah!!!

Murska
2009-06-29, 02:52 AM
Hmm. I think I'll go for Happyturtle instead. For she still hasn't received her first-day lynch, right?

Talic
2009-06-29, 03:17 AM
Murska bears sound words. I think I shall trust Murska*. Happyturtle

* - Famous Last Words?

banjo1985
2009-06-29, 03:26 AM
I see a Bushranger wagon :smallbiggrin:

MOD
2009-06-29, 03:27 AM
As always a random day 1 point b/c of rolling = Supagoof.

Fleeing Coward
2009-06-29, 03:37 AM
Missed! I'm pointing at Murska as I usually do. So Nyah nyah nyah nyaaaaah!!!

You didn't point at me did you? Therefore I claim success in my preemptive strike tactics :smallamused:

Opeth_Freak
2009-06-29, 03:39 AM
Murska because all the cool kids are doing it...

Oddity
2009-06-29, 03:54 AM
"And then she put on a scary mask"-----Happyturtle->DIE
"And it was really scary"
"Shes still looking at me"
"And I know that because I know"
"And why aren't you all getting her"
"And My knee still hurts"
Hopples still needs your help -----------(remember->evil)

Jontom Xire
2009-06-29, 05:17 AM
You didn't point at me did you? Therefore I claim success in my preemptive strike tactics :smallamused:

I didn't point at you, but more importantly I wasn't even going to point at you, hence your point is not pre-empting anything so is not pre-emptive!!

You also forgot some hyphens! :smallbiggrin:

Fin
2009-06-29, 05:32 AM
Well I wanna point at Fleeing Coward, Talic and Jonton Xire cause they all used the word pre-emptive far to much but I don't know who to pick... Hey! Would ya look at that!

billtodamax
2009-06-29, 05:38 AM
pre-emptive, pre-emptive, pre-emptive, pre-emptive, pre-emptive, pre-emptive,.

:smalltongue:

Talic
2009-06-29, 05:58 AM
Ohh, them's fightin' words. Luckily, I'm a pacifist by nature.

Fleeing Coward
2009-06-29, 06:04 AM
I didn't point at you, but more importantly I wasn't even going to point at you, hence your point is not pre-empting anything so is not pre-emptive!!

You also forgot some hyphens! :smallbiggrin:

I can't preempt you if I waste time with silly things like hyphens.
I prefer to think of it as my preemptive actions working so well that I wiped all thoughts of pointing at me out of your mind before they even came up:smallbiggrin:

Quintis
2009-06-29, 06:23 AM
The Bushranger

Dirk Kris
2009-06-29, 07:51 AM
*shrug*

Bushranger was a witch before. (I was a warlock!) ...shaddup.

The Bushranger
2009-06-29, 09:30 AM
Please guys, don't waste a lynch on me.

Lynch Aemoh instead.

It helps Hopples too. :smalltongue:

Alarra
2009-06-29, 10:16 AM
Hey, Goof is in the hospital following some diabetes complications while he was at the JC meetup and is humbly requesting that he not be autolynched. Thanks!

Deathslayer7
2009-06-29, 10:42 AM
done. I also know about Mustiado.

Blue Ghost
2009-06-29, 01:25 PM
Bushranger. Why not?

Haruki-kun
2009-06-29, 02:49 PM
Hey, Goof is in the hospital following some diabetes complications while he was at the JC meetup and is humbly requesting that he not be autolynched. Thanks!

:smalleek:

Hope he feels better...<.<

The Bushranger
2009-06-29, 05:46 PM
>_>
<_<

Guys, you really don't want to lynch me. Please?

happyturtle
2009-06-29, 06:00 PM
Hmm. I think I'll go for Happyturtle instead. For she still hasn't received her first-day lynch, right?

Happyturtle

Face it, dad*, the only way you'll get me first day lynched is if I give you a head start. :smallamused:

*(it's a joke... I'm twice his age you know.)

Allysian
2009-06-29, 06:23 PM
>_>
<_<

Well, if you put it that way.....happyturtle:smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-06-29, 06:56 PM
Changing my point to Fleeing Coward.

Oddity
2009-06-29, 11:35 PM
"And then he helpded me"
"And I was happy"
"And now I'm sad"
"And you guys are going to kill an innocent"
"Bush, The Ranger is good"
"Waaaa"
Help Hopples!
"This person seems like someone who could take the hit" Happyturtle

Kyouhen
2009-06-29, 11:57 PM
>_>
<_<

I'd bump up another bandwagon to help you, but sadly changing votes seems to be getting me killed alot. :smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-06-30, 07:37 AM
Allysian - not that I think it will matter

Mrs Banjo
2009-06-30, 02:40 PM
Hmm...happyturtle :smallconfused:

evnafets
2009-06-30, 10:12 PM
tik...tok...tik...tok...

Can somebody please help me over here? My movement appears to have run down. If somebody would be so good as to wind up my clockwork I would be eternally grateful.

Deathslayer7
2009-07-01, 12:21 AM
Ding Dong! The Witch is dead! Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead! Happyturtle hummed to herself, holding a bottle of cherry peppermint. Quite a strong drink for munchkins.

She continued humming to herself. A loud Crack was heard, and Happyturtle looked about in confusion at what made the noise. Appearing in a puff of smoke stood the Wicked Witch.

Dead am I!?

A look of confusion passed Happyturtle's face. Who was this woman standing over here dressed as the Wicked Witch? She didn't look like it or sound like her.

The next thing she knew though, the Wicked Witch pointed all her fingers at her and the world around her began to shrink. Soon enough, she stood staring up at the Wicked Witch. How did the world get so big? she wondered. The Wicked Witch bent down and put her in a pocket.

Later that evening, she set about brewing a potion. As she added various ingridents, she finally pulled out the last one.

And a toad. she said gleefully tossing Happyturtle into the pot.

It flared a slime green before turning a dull green color.

Back in the village, Munchkins were looking for Happyturtle but couldn't find her. All they found was a spilled bottle of Cherry Peppermint.

Summary:
Happyturtle was lynched. She was a Munchkin!
Please send all night actions to me and Bookworm.

Night 1 begins and ends in 24 hours!

Oddity
2009-07-01, 12:27 AM
"And then I looked for her today"
"And I couldn't find her"
"And I thought she was just hiding"
"But she never showed up again"
"And now I'm sad because she really wasn't that mean"
What have I done?
Hopples doesn't deserve your help anymore.

MOD
2009-07-01, 01:20 AM
Happyturtle was evidently sneaking some schnapps and thats why the witch got her. Poor drunk munchkin... *Steals schnapps for self*

Deathslayer7
2009-07-01, 08:19 PM
co-narrator pmed. if he doesn't update, blame him. Otherwise i'll do it tomorrow. Now im off to the movies.

Cya suckas! :smallamused:

The Bookworm
2009-07-01, 08:32 PM
It was night in Munchkin Country. Despite the mysterious disappearance of Happyturtle during the day, most of the munchkins were still confident that the witch was dead and all was well. In Oddity's house, all was quiet. No one stirred. Oddity himself had fallen asleep, exhausted after the merriment and singing, as well as the appearance of the girl Dorothy and her decision to go to the Emerald City. Oddity didn't even notice the appearance of a black-robed figure, capped with a pointy black hat, in his bedroom. Until she shrieked madly and stabbed him with a knife.
Then he noticed.
And then he died.

Oddity died a very stabbity and unpleasant death. He was a munchkin!
Day 2 begins, and ends in ~48 hours!

Hyozo
2009-07-01, 09:24 PM
I think I'll point at Jair Barik.

evnafets
2009-07-01, 11:30 PM
The clockwork man stands frozen in mid-stride halfway across the courtyard staring at what seems to be nothing.

Er - can somebody come and wind up my movement?
Please? Please? Please Help before my voice runs down as well?

Jontom Xire
2009-07-02, 02:51 AM
The happy smiling blue demon who's avatar is temporarily unavailable due to web server issues windws up the clockwork man.

Mwahaaa - there yar go!

Oddity
2009-07-02, 04:28 AM
Then he noticed.
And then he died.
Oddity died a very stabbity and unpleasant death. He was a munchkin!

Best
Death
Evaaa

Guess I deserved that... heh... Hopples.

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 04:38 AM
Seriously? One vote? I vote for Evnafets

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-02, 05:12 AM
OrderoftheSnarl hasn't made a single post since signing up.

Fin
2009-07-02, 06:20 AM
I my esteemed opinion robots are evil!

Evnafets!

Aemoh
2009-07-02, 06:20 AM
*points at Talic*

Cause that's what my random number generator said to do :smallamused:

Murska
2009-07-02, 06:24 AM
Aemoh. Because...

Er. Uh. Certainly not because he's above me, it's just...

The reasons for this point are so far beyond your grasp, mortal, that you had better just not ask!

The Bushranger
2009-07-02, 07:37 AM
Evnafets sounds as good as anybody at the moment...

Dirk Kris
2009-07-02, 07:49 AM
I'm so glad Fin is back that I have to point at him. :smallbiggrin:

Jair Barik
2009-07-02, 09:13 AM
I vote Fin his sig is making me nervous

Fin
2009-07-02, 09:55 AM
I'm so glad Fin is back that I have to point at him. :smallbiggrin:

It's good to be home...

I vote Fin his sig is making me nervous

Crappit! He's infectious!

Jontom Xire
2009-07-02, 10:07 AM
I haven't pointed, so I better.

Fleeing Coward makes a good point. OrderOfTheSnarl hasn't posted so should be lynched.

Wait - did I just highlight the wrong name? Oh well, lynching FC is always satisfying!

Kyouhen
2009-07-02, 10:23 AM
Jontom Xire for winding up the clockwork WITCH! :smallannoyed:

Blue Ghost
2009-07-02, 11:02 AM
Fin has a sword! He's the stabber! BURN THE WITCH!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-02, 12:24 PM
Fleeing Coward

Deathslayer7
2009-07-02, 12:55 PM
were night pms sent out or no? :smallconfused:

Haruki-kun
2009-07-02, 01:21 PM
A girl dressed in pink-ish clothes, a shirt and pants, is seen walking around the area. She has long brown hair tied back in a ponytail by a sparkly hairband.

Her name is Sen.

"What is this place?" she wonders, looking at Fin. "I don't think I'm in the bath-house anymore."

MOD
2009-07-02, 01:58 PM
A small floating yellow sponge appears behind Sen in answer to her question, "Your right the bathhouse was much more warm and a lot less dry," says the talking sponge that has neither face nor eyes but seems to peer at the Fleeing Coward.

Mrs Banjo
2009-07-02, 03:09 PM
tik...tok...tik...tok...

Can somebody please help me over here? My movement appears to have run down. If somebody would be so good as to wind up my clockwork I would be eternally grateful.

Hehe, suprised you didn't reference the wheelers.

Fleeing Coward although, you being a chicken may be useful.... I choose you

banjo1985
2009-07-02, 03:15 PM
OrderoftheSnarl, I have no idea who may be a wolf, so might as well vote for someone liable to be autoed.

Talic
2009-07-02, 04:05 PM
Voting for Auto's gives little to no info. Won't help any.

Fin, for my point.

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-02, 04:08 PM
Fleeing Coward, Because we all know, that witches are cowards...

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-02, 05:35 PM
Fin to try save myself.

*Makes note to point at Jontom preemptively every game to prevent him from starting bandwagons on me again*

Voting for Auto's gives little to no info. Won't help any.

With no autolynch replacements, it also doesn't hurt when we still got absolutely nothing to work with at all.

Allysian
2009-07-02, 06:03 PM
Jontom Xire? I don't have enough information yet...and I like it when FC posts cause I see a chicken...:smallsmile:

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-02, 06:19 PM
Actually, forget my point on Fin.
I'd rather die trying to lynch someone who keeps on trying to get me lynched every game for no good reason than survive by lynching someone who has given me no reason at all to point at them.
Jontom Xire

Talic
2009-07-02, 06:44 PM
I'll go with that. Jontom Xire

billtodamax
2009-07-02, 06:49 PM
Jontom Xire.

Kyouhen
2009-07-02, 11:58 PM
Psst, FC. Wouldn't that mean Murska would have a lot of people to lynch every game? Doing what you're doing? :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-03, 12:40 AM
Murska's always a wolf so of course we should lynch him because the narrators are lying if they say he's any other role :smallbiggrin:
On the other hand, I've been wolf just once since I returned and that game got aborted :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-07-03, 12:53 AM
I knew you were a wolf in Final Fantasy VII!! :smalltongue:

@ Jontom: Thanks. :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-03, 01:02 AM
No, I'm still holding hope that might resurrect :smallbiggrin:
I was talking about Schoolyard WW. Was enjoying perma voiding Trixie there too befiore it got cancelled :smalltongue:

Jontom Xire
2009-07-03, 02:14 AM
Awesome avatar, Lex-Kat - I like it a huge lots.

FC I never meant to start a bandwagon on you, but now it looks like there's one on me.

Jair Barik
2009-07-03, 02:40 AM
I'm not really contibuting to anything by voting Fin so lets change it and vote for one of the bandwagons!
Enee meeny imeny mo.... Sorry Jontom Xire but fate has spoken

evnafets
2009-07-03, 06:32 PM
What is this? The only one kind enough to lend a hand and wind up my movement a witch? No - I can't believe it. This is happening too fast.
My friends, I think we have been diverted from the true evil.

evnafets points at Fin

Deathslayer7
2009-07-03, 09:42 PM
Fight! Fight! Fight! A crowd of Munchkins circled both Jontom Xire and Fleeing Coward.

The referee came up to both of them and put up a hand to silence the crowd. Due to the dissapearence of Happyturtle yesterday, we believe one of you two to be guilty of the crime. If the guilty perpetrator steps forward now, he will only be banished. Do one of you wish to step forward?

They both shouted at each other. He did it! fingers raised.

The referee sighed. Jontom! You have choice of weapons. What is your choice?

I'll take candy canes.

So both Jontom And Coward were handed candy canes, and with it the fight began. What a furious duel it was. Just to tell of the fight itself would take three full days and nights. The crowd cheered for their favorite Munchkin to win, but in the end, only one remained standing.

That evening only Fleeing Coward walked away. Hurt but alive.

Summary:
Jontom Xire was lynched. He was a Munchkin!

Night starts and ends in 48 hours due to it being 4th of July.
Please get your night actions in to both me and bookworm and get them in early so you don't forget.

evnafets
2009-07-04, 04:59 AM
I'm off to Brisbane, Australia for a week or so. Will have intermittent internet access. Please don't autolynch me while I'm gone.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-04, 05:19 AM
Points at evnafets
(Never said anything about lynching you)

Kyouhen
2009-07-04, 09:32 AM
Points at evnafets
(Never said anything about lynching you)

He's pointing at Evnafets at night! He must be a witch! WIIIIITTTCCCHHH!!!

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-04, 05:33 PM
He's pointing at Evnafets at night! He must be a witch! WIIIIITTTCCCHHH!!!

He's out at night calling others witches. He must be a witch too. Burn him!

Deathslayer7
2009-07-05, 01:23 PM
night ends in a few hours. So those of you who havent sent in an action, please do so.

edit: also of much importance.

Orderofthesnarl
roger123275
and eaglewiz

must vote the next day or be autolynched.

Deathslayer7
2009-07-05, 06:28 PM
Three munchkins stood in a little circle, arguing to each other over what to do tonight. Their answer was solved as entertainment provided itself that night.

Out in the distance, a bright light searched over the sky. Over a short period of time, the light came closer and closer. Soon enough the munchkins recognized it. It was The Good Witch of the North! They cheered and clapped her on, as she did her work: spreading goodness and joy across the world. The Good Witch landed next to the three munchkins.

High above her, the Wicked Witch circled. Finally! the do-gooder landed. With that, she tilted her broomstick downwards, and began to dive.

Within seconds, she reached the ground and leveled off sharply, heading high-speed straight at her. The broom collided with the Good Witch and the Wicked Witch fell off from the hit. Both went tumbling into the dirt. Screams of suprise rose from the Munchkins.

The three Munchkins stared at the two figures, wondering what happened. Then one of them rose to their knees and feet. Screams of fright went into the air now. The Wicked Witch stood in front of them. The three Munchkins ran off into the night, back towards the village.

Wasting no time, the Wicked Witch picked up the unconscious body of the Good Witch and tossed it onto her broomstick. Using some magic, she erased their tracks and smoothed the entire area. With that done, she sped off into the night.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Back at the fortress, The Bushranger woke up with a start. Her hands were bound as well as her legs, and her wings had been clipped. Tears started streaming down her face as she looked at herself. Her dress was all dirty and torn.

A metal door creaked open and heels clicked on the stone floor. Suddenly a hand grabbed her nose and plugged it. In another moment, a bottle with green liquid was shoved into her mouth. Bushranger was forced to swallow it or force choking on liquid. She drank it all, even the last drop. As she finished, the bottle was taken away and the Wicked Witch stepped into view.

Hello Sister! You thought you were better then us did you!? Well you were wrong! she said, pointing an accusing finger at her.

Please! Please stop!

Stop? Oh no. It's too late to stop. Did you stop all those years ago, always being the smartest one, always being the nice one, always doing the right thing? NO! she shouted at The Bushranger who still continued to cry.

Now is the time I get the justice I deserve! She slided up close to The Bushranger. Do you know what you just drank? It's a Draught of the Living Dead, except with my own twist to it. She leaned close to Bushranger's ear. I added a live soul to it. A happyturtle.

No!

Yes. Yes. Yes! Yes! YES! The Wicked Witch cackled madly at that, leaving Bushranger to her fate. With that, she left the room and closed the door behind her. Shrieks could be heard from within.
-------------------------------------------------------------
The three Munchkins who had seen the Wicked Witch tried to tell the village, but when nothing out of the ordinary was found at the crime scene, it was all put off as a joke. A horrible one at that.

Summary:
Bushranger was killed! He was The Good Witch of the North!

Day begins and ends in 48 hours!
The people mentioned in the above post must point or be autolynched!

Lex-Kat
2009-07-05, 06:32 PM
OrderoftheSnarl, because he's up for auto-lynch. Unless anyone has a better lead on a real Witch.

Allysian
2009-07-05, 07:48 PM
Fleeing Coward, he only narrowly avoided lynch last day phase, I think we could learn a lot by finding out what he is.
I'm sorry chicken man. =(

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-05, 08:09 PM
You'll find alot about how I'm just a munchkin and that the wolves were probably pushing both bandwagons.

Whenever the seer dies early, I blame Murska.

@v 1 vote does not make a wagon, you are the one creating one :smalltongue:

Kyouhen
2009-07-05, 08:26 PM
I think I'm going to join the Fleeing Coward wagon.

Blue Ghost
2009-07-05, 10:12 PM
What Fleeing Coward said. 1 vote does not make a wagon, Kyouhen.

Talic
2009-07-05, 11:53 PM
Two votes, however, do. So I'll throw mine at Kyouhen, simply because I don't understand why so many are gunning so hard for FC, and don't like seeing anyone spending an entire game fighting just to be able to play...

Haruki-kun
2009-07-06, 12:43 AM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/Vaarsuvius89/1237163566672.jpg

Talic. I find it suspicious to stick up for people like this.

Talic
2009-07-06, 12:58 AM
Can't see the picture...

And, call it a change of heart. After being knocked out of 4 games in a row, within the first two days. I think there's an awful lot of possible suspects. But dropping FC now? Tells us little, and only serves as a jerk move to someone I like seeing in games. So, I won't vote for him until I have better evidence than "it'll give us information", which may, or may not, be true.

MOD
2009-07-06, 01:53 AM
The magical floating sponge moved around the world free now of the endless munchkins that always needed scrubbing, the sponge could never understand how a munchkin could get pumpkin pie in some of the crevices it would wind up. Shuddering a bit at that image, the yellow rectangle dives towards the communal fountain to cleanse itself of those dirty thoughts. As it splashes around gaily it gazes up to see the face of Mrs Banjo which looks awfully witchy through distortion of the water.

Jair Barik
2009-07-06, 02:51 AM
He may have been wrong every time so far but Talic seems to know what he's doing, so... Kyouhen

Murska
2009-07-06, 04:30 AM
Talic... hmm. Something about this is making me suspicious.

Anyway, I'll check the situation again later, possibly.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-06, 04:31 AM
Guys, as much as I appreciate not been in the lead for the lynch again, I also don't want Kyouhen getting lynched so early again considering his luck lately in these games.

On the other hand, if I remember correctly, when Murska tried to get happyturtle lynched day 1 in Phantom, he was a wolf. The seer died night 2 in that game too.

Bushranger pretty much hinted at been a power role day 1 but I'm wondering if it's more than that since I know Murska is great at getting people to reveal their roles to him early on. Anyone know if Bushranger is one of those people Murska usually talks to?

Talic
2009-07-06, 04:48 AM
Fair enough, FC. I'll vote your way today. I have little faith in the Murska constant either, but, if nothing else, you can call it a retaliatory point. Especially when he goes all vague about unnamed suspicions. The vague is the province of those who try to cloak their actions in mystery and leave too much unknown. Good practice when it comes to your role. Bad practice when it comes to suspicion. If someone's doing something suspicious, you should out with it, and let everyone make up their mind.

For example, Jair's backhanded "support" of me, making sure that my wrong support is noted? An attempt to set me up? If I ever do get lynched this game, look at my role, and look at that attempt. That's all I'll say in that matter.

Murska

Murska
2009-07-06, 05:54 AM
I would agree with Talic in that suspicions, if possible, should be stated. But at times it could be too dangerous, rely on behind-the-scenes information or, most often, just be something you cannot state.

That's called a 'hunch', or a 'baseless suspicion', and they're right more often than not, in my experience. But if you're asked to say why exactly you suspected said person, it's impossible to say. I'd assume subconscious catches small behavioral patterns where the logical analysis doesn't notice them.

Talic
2009-07-06, 06:00 AM
You'll pardon me if I don't lend the same weight you give to your hunches. Especially when I know my role.

Only way you'll get mine? From a moderator. So if you scry, scry away. He'll send something. If you wanna vote me off this island, round up a posse and do it.

But at the end of that day, I'd like everyone to evaluate how good Murska's guesses are. And what it means if it's a right guess for him.

After all, when someone starts a good ol' fashioned witch hunt?

Well, in Salem, the only ones guilty were the ones pointing fingers.

Allysian
2009-07-06, 06:25 AM
dramatic stufs
Well that was dramatic. 0.o

Murska
2009-07-06, 06:36 AM
I never stated which one of the categories my suspicions falls to, Talic.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-06, 07:24 AM
Allysian because I'm clueless.

Talic
2009-07-06, 09:09 AM
I never stated which one of the categories my suspicions falls to, Talic.

Exactly. You haven't stated much of anything. It could be a hunch. Someone could have told you something. You could be a wolf with a suspicion I'm a power role.

And you've given no information to allow anyone else to seperate the fact from the crap. Generally, when I see a bit of fact mixed with a lot of crap? I just treat it all as crap, rather than try to decipher the cryptic musings of a known manipulator.

Supagoof
2009-07-06, 10:03 AM
Murska. Because he is a wolf Flying Monkey.

Yes, I have a reason. :smallwink:

No, I won't share it. :smalltongue:

Let's just say he was in contact with a good witch friend of mine, who is now dead.

Fin
2009-07-06, 10:47 AM
Excellent news, Murska do you have a response?

Murska
2009-07-06, 10:53 AM
Fine, fine. I'm Toto, a voider, was scried by the seer night 1 and also was in contact with the Masons.

So, Talic attempted to save FC. He isn't a Mason and he isn't one of the Seer network. What conclusion am I supposed to draw?

EDIT: Oh, and Supagoof? If you mean Oddity, I have no idea how you think he was in contact with me, and if you mean Bushranger, did you happen to notice he claimed a good guy powerrole on day 1?

I'd assume he was scried and then killed. That's what I'd do, at any rate.

Supagoof
2009-07-06, 02:19 PM
Fine, fine. I'm Toto, a voider, was scried by the seer night 1 and also was in contact with the Masons.

So, Talic attempted to save FC. He isn't a Mason and he isn't one of the Seer network. What conclusion am I supposed to draw?

EDIT: Oh, and Supagoof? If you mean Oddity, I have no idea how you think he was in contact with me, and if you mean Bushranger, did you happen to notice he claimed a good guy powerrole on day 1?

I'd assume he was scried and then killed. That's what I'd do, at any rate.I wasn't referring to Oddity. :smallconfused:

And your claims are in line with what I've heard through the back-channels, since I am part of one of the groups you claim to be in contact with.

So I'll error on the side you aren't lying, and change my point to Talic as I have no idea what Talic is.

Now the interesting part will be what happens tonight baner wise. Does Baner believe you and bane you, since the wolves would most like to kill a voider, or do s/he bane me since I can verify with others who I am and help build our network? Or does s/he bane his/herself and wait to see who the wolves attack? Many, many options.

EagleWiz
2009-07-06, 03:09 PM
Exactly as planned :smallamused:.

Lets see how this plays out.
Talic.

Murska
2009-07-06, 03:11 PM

Talic.

:smallconfused:

Hmm.

Jair Barik
2009-07-06, 03:42 PM
I still say Talic seems trustworthy. Its too early for him to be able to accurately guess wolves so I'm going to follow what he says for now

Aemoh
2009-07-06, 08:02 PM
*points at EagleWiz*

Cause I don't know who to point at. Also, EagleWiz seems to be begging to be lynched after that last comment.

Allysian
2009-07-06, 08:07 PM
Uggh, I don't want to lynch Talic, but the evidence is mounting...Eagle Wiz. He kinda was just super-suspicious...yeahhhhhh.

Blue Ghost
2009-07-06, 08:31 PM
Wow, with all the back-and-forth, I can hardly tell what's going on. My guess is that both Murska and Talic are misguided villagers. EagleWiz, however, smells distinctly witchy.

Talic
2009-07-06, 08:44 PM
If Eaglewiz is planning for a confrontation between myself and Murska? Then instead I shall confront him. All I know is that if you're not a mason, you shouldn't be having plans on specific people this early... Unless you're a wolf.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-06, 09:12 PM
Eaglewiz sounds like a better choice to me than Talic for now.

Hyozo
2009-07-06, 10:20 PM
I don't like pointing at the same person at the same time in multiple games, so I'll go for Eaglewiz

Talic
2009-07-06, 11:23 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm still not trusting of Murska.

He claims a dual role (Dorothy/Toto) knowing that no one person could dispute. It would take both Dorothy and Toto, already in contact, to disprove him, and they'd out themselves doing it. As it's not likely that Dorothy and Toto are in contact just yet, it makes sense that what he's doing could be an attempt to fish out power roles.

He does so after the villager seer is dead, making it impossible to verify.

He uses this as ammunition against a player, using no more evidence than telling everyone I'm not a seer or a mason. Further, seers don't typically get in touch with masons in the first turn of the game. They ESPECIALLY don't get in touch with Toto too, as he only had 1 scry before death. Clearing 2 seperate groups? Not so likely. And any Seer worth his salt clears someone before revealing their role.

It really need not be said that he's not to be trusted. Murska is probably one of the most cunning, manipulative players of the game. That doesn't mean he's a wolf. But it does mean you should be very, very careful of anything he says, unless he proves otherwise.

Talic... hmm. Something about this is making me suspicious.
I couldn't have said it better. Something about this does make you suspicious.

Especially since you admit being in contact with the Seer immediately prior to the Seer's death. And your story makes it impossible for the Seer to verify everyone.

Which means that it doesn't mean anything. You're an unverified player, trying to pass yourself off as trustworthy... And when someone says, "Trust me"... I don't.

ESPECIALLY when it's Murska.

EDIT: Let's look at the Seer scry scenarios:
Scenario 1: Seer cleared one of the several Masons in the game, and did not clear Murska. Murska weaseled his way into someone's confidence, and became part of this circle. The Seer dies the next day.

Prime Suspect: Murska.

Scenario 2: Seer cleared Murska, and did not clear the "Mason" that weaseled its way in. Seer dies the next day.

Prime Suspect: "Mason". After all, the wolves are the only other organized group, and the Masons aren't verified.

Scenario 3: Seer cleared someone else, and didn't clear either group. Seer died the next night.

Primary Suspect: Both. Who knows which one's the wolf? But it's really likely one is.

Based on this, if Murska really wants to be trusted, it makes sense for him to NOT trust any information he received on the identity of "masons". After all, if they're to be trusted...

Then he's not to be. And when the scenario he gave leaves 2/3 of the options with him being a prime suspect? I notice.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-06, 11:52 PM
Actually if Murska is lying it'd just take Toto to reveal him since he claimed Toto specifically but it does involve revealing themselves too unless they use a proxy.

Of course, I still don't trust Murska at all now that Supagoof confirmed that Murska knew the seer before he died but until someone else comes forward claiming to be Toto (either directly or through a proxy), I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Talic
2009-07-07, 12:13 AM
In either case, it would make sense for said Dorothy/Toto to first Void Murska, as that will verify him... If he's telling the truth.

MOD
2009-07-07, 12:16 AM
In either case, it would make sense for said Dorothy/Toto to first Void Murska, as that will verify him... If he's telling the truth.

How does that make sense?

Talic
2009-07-07, 12:30 AM
Because if Murska IS Toto, then the other can get in touch via PM, and at least ONE identity can be protected. Typically, revealing your role to another is a colossal blunder, unless you have some way of knowing who you're talking to.

However, in Murska's case, it's more likely a gambit. His own alibi leaves a gaping logic hole that you could drop a house through.

In addition, if someone comes forward to dispute Murska, what does that mean? We don't trust Murska? Well, we already don't trust Murska. What have we gained? Nothing.

What have we lost? A good guy Voider role, potentially.

banjo1985
2009-07-07, 04:58 AM
Eaglewiz, I just can't let a comment like that go.

Jair Barik
2009-07-07, 05:05 AM
before jumping the Eaglewiz bandwagon shouldn't we give him a chance to explain that comment he made, even if it is unbelievably suspicious

Talic
2009-07-07, 05:13 AM
Sure thing. He has until end of game day. If I see a convincing argument? I may be persuaded to change my vote.

Mrs Banjo
2009-07-07, 06:03 AM
Talic I'm worried about you, you seem so sure. One thinks you may protest too much :smallconfused:

Jair Barik
2009-07-07, 06:38 AM
"Me thinks he doth protest enough"

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them?

Murska
2009-07-07, 07:39 AM
Well, the scenario which happened was this: I was scried by the seer. Meanwhile, I contacted people since I dislike being a voider so I thought I'd at least use it to gather some roles together. Only one role I found was a Mason, who claimed to me. I did NOT tell the 'Mason' who the seer was, obviously. I'm not stupid.

So, once I was scried, I worked as the contact between the seer and the masons, if indeed they are masons, which Supagoof seemed to prove today.

And you didn't take into account the fact that Bushranger basically claimed a good guy powerrole on day 1, meaning any wolf team even not in contact with him would obviously prioritize him and kill him. I don't know why they didn't kill him on night 1, overall the kill at Oddity sounds very strange to me since I, for one, have never even seen him before, but it's possible they scried him first and then killed?

Supagoof
2009-07-07, 09:49 AM
New evidence has sprung forward, and the Eaglewiz bandwagon is fine due to his suspicious and otherwise alarming comment.

Lex-Kat and Mrs Banjo are also setting off huge alarms on my radar.

As for Masons, I can prove my role. In fact, you can kill me if you suspect me at all for being a wolf in masons clothing, because this will be what happens.

If I get lynched, I'll verify the name of a another mason before I go.
Another Mason can step up to disclaim my role, but they won't since I'M ONE OF THEM.

There's 6 of us, so we won't mind losing one to organize team good.

The Murska / Talic debate has given me much to think about. Further investigation behind the scenes is at work. I (or one of my brick-laying friends should I get killed) will let you know what happens with that.

Talic
2009-07-07, 10:36 AM
Talic I'm worried about you, you seem so sure. One thinks you may protest too much :smallconfused:

There's more than one reason for that.

I'm not sure of much, but when early power roles die, and Murska admits to knowing their roles beforehand?

That sends all kinda warnings flashing through my head.

Heck, I was on the last wolf team when Murska pulled the Day 1 baner, day 2 seer, before sacrificing himself to cloud the waters so bad it was easy to follow up.

That time he was in contact with the Seer too.

So yeah, his behind the scenes work is TOO pointed, citing only a dislike of his role as motivation to do work better suited to Seers and Masons.

I don't know much about many. But Murska is my constant, now.

Barring something as suspicious as Eaglewiz, he shall get my daily point, until he is either exonerated in my eyes, or one of us is gone.

Murska
2009-07-07, 10:38 AM
I always play risky and contact people, though. So if you suspect me, don't use that. :smallsmile:

Mustiado
2009-07-07, 10:41 AM
Interesting. Eaglewiz

Talic
2009-07-07, 10:41 AM
I always play risky and contact people, though. So if you suspect me, don't use that. :smallsmile:

All the more reason to perform damage control on the mess you've left us.

Deathslayer7
2009-07-07, 11:54 PM
day ends. scene to be up soon.

Deathslayer7
2009-07-08, 12:15 AM
OrderoftheSnarl and roger123275 were standing by the side of the road. A munchkin walked by, and saw both of them standing. What are you doing it asked?

The wizard answered him. Why my little friend! I'm about to perform brain surgery!

The scarecrow looked at him. Are you sure this is safe?

The wizard waved aside the question. Nonsense! I've done this thousands of times! With that, he picked up the hoe and started beating the Scarecrow with it.

After a few minutes, all that lay on the ground was a pile of clothes and straw everywhere. The wizard looked dissapointed. I guess there wasn't any brain to dissect. I'll have to find someone else then to continue my experiments. His eyes fell on the Munchkin, and smiled.

Hours later, the wizard walks back to the tower, whistling to himself. As he enters, all eyes stare at him.

What? he asks, quite confused.

Why is their blood on your hands and coat? The Oz asked him.

I... uh.... I... I... I.... I got nothing.

The Oz seemed to get angry. You did that brain surgery didnt you!? he said, pointing an accusing finger at him and getting angry. I told you not to do that! With a flick of his wrist, he stripped him of his powers and motioned him out of the tower. He was told not to come back.

The other wizards went to check out the scene and horrid news came back. Soon enough, it spread across the country.

Summary:
roger123275 was autolynched. He was a Wizard.
OrderoftheSnarl was autolynched. He was the Scarecrow.
Eaglewiz was lynched. He was a Munchkin.

Night Begins and ends in approximately 36 hours or more, or whenever my co-narrator gets around to it. :smallwink: Please send all actions to myself and The Bookworm.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-08, 07:36 PM
Um, may I ask why you are getting alarms from me? :smallconfused:

Is it because I went after an auto-lynchee instead of Murska, Talic, or EagleWiz?

Murska is always suspicious, but it doesn't mean he's a wolf. I don't enjoy getting in arguments with Talic. Between those two choices, it looks as if you wasn't even sure which to go after.

And I had no reason to suspect EagleWiz of anything. A stupid comment is all that was made, and suddenly everyone forgets that Murska and Talic are both quite suspicious.

If we'd killed either OrderoftheSnarl or Roger123275, we'd only have two good guys dead, not three.

So, what was truly learned from EagleWiz's death? Other than to not make strange comments like:

Talic.
{table=head]Lynchee|Voters|Votes
OrderoftheSnarl|Lex-kat|1
Fleeing Coward|Allysian, Kyouhen|1
Murska|Fleeing Coward, Talic, Supagoof, Fin, Supagoof|2
Kyouhen|Blue Ghost, Talic, Jair Baric|1
Talic|Haruki-Kun, Murska, Supagoof, EagleWiz, Mrs Banjo|4
Mrs Banjo|MOD|1
Allysian|Dirk Kris|1
EagleWiz|Aemoh, Allysian, Blue Ghost, Talic, Fleeing Coward, Hyozo, Banjo1985, Mustiado|8
[/table]

Talic
2009-07-09, 03:29 AM
What's got me suspicious, exactly, Lex-Kat? Hmm?

Because Murska said so?

Or because I've posted a lot?

Murska was in contact with a Seer, immediately before that seer's death. Regardless of who he is, that's suspicious. That's quantified. And pretty damning, if you ask me.

And yet it can be stated and corroborated by two different sources, and all we get is "oh, he's kinda suspicious, but that's not a reason to lynch him".

And me? Nothing quantifiable has been nailed down yet besides someone saying I'm not a mason (Murska). Someone who couldn't have verified that the "mason" he talked to WAS a mason. Because, according to him, the Seer's one and only scry? Was Murska.

I'll admit it. I'm not a mason. I'm not a wolf, either. Again, all the posturing by me won't change anyone's minds...

But people... Look who's fueling my bandwagons. And whenever I'm lynched or killed? Look again. And ask yourself why they did. I doubt I'll make it to the end of the game. A shame, really. But when I go, please, use what you get from my kill, and don't let the wolves framing me go unlynched.

Fin
2009-07-09, 06:18 AM
Talic your main problem is that we have all been burned in the past by the guy who is trying so very hard to catch the wolves, who turns out to be a wolf. In one game I was doing this so well I got baned for crying out loud! You may not be doing this but you have missed a major part of doing analysis - Subtlety. In every game I have seen you get lynched its more often than not for the reason you posted above. Try keeping your cards a little closer to you chest.

And if you insist on exonerating the 'Guy that tries so very hard to catch the wolves, but is actually a Wolf' take it up with the following main culprits (IMO):

Shadow
Fleeing Coward
Murska
PhantomFox

There are plenty of others that I have seen do it but these four are the worst(best?) for it.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 06:29 AM
How did I get on the list? I havn't pulled any such stunt since I returned :smalltongue:

The Bookworm
2009-07-09, 12:47 PM
Opeth Freak was walking back to his house in the Emerald City after a meeting with the great Wizard of Oz, also known as his boss. He went inside his house, locked his door, locked the windows (it pays to be careful), locked his back door, and then went to get a bite of dinner from his pantry. He gave a bite to his taster, a small dog that was his familiar, and then ate the rest. It was only when he laid down in his bed that he smelt an unfamiliar smell. It smelled ... sweet. Gas began to fill the house...

At the witches citadel...
""Well, Nome King, that was some nice work you did there. Sneaking into that fellow's house, and setting up that "gas trap."
"Thank you, Miss Witch. But I didn't invent that "gas" stuff. I found about it from a book hidden in the girl Dorothy's house."
"Makes you wonder what she's up to, doesn't it?"
"Yeah. Or her aunt and uncle."

Opeth Freak was gassed to death using a book the Nome King stole from Dorothy's house. He was a wizard (mason).
Day 4 begins now and ends in ~48 hours!

Opeth_Freak
2009-07-09, 12:55 PM
Aww, schmucks... Wolves are either damn lucky, or damn good, to find and hit mason hiding in the shadow...

Good luck, wizards. Kick some serious witch asses!

banjo1985
2009-07-09, 02:36 PM
Let's start the ball rolling with a point at Fleeing Coward :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-07-09, 02:42 PM
No, Murska!

Hyozo
2009-07-09, 03:03 PM
If that debate is going to control today's vote, I have to say that I believe Talic's logic to be flawed (as I often do. Sorry Talic)

Also, If Murska is lying about hatred of his role compelling him to talk to other people, he is at least being consistent with the same "lie" he told me when asking my role within hours of the role PMs being sent out.

Dirk Kris
2009-07-09, 04:04 PM
Fleeing Coward

Blue Ghost
2009-07-09, 04:13 PM
A wizardly-looking person with a blue mustache addresses the crowd of Munchkins.

"As you know, those rotten witches have done away with our Good Witch. Without her magic to protect us, we need to take matters into our own hands. That is why I have invented the Witch-o-Matic 4000!"

The wizard holds up a ridiculous-looking device that resembles a cross between a vacuum cleaner and a microscope, all covered with feathers.

"This device will allow you to locate any witch without fail! Just point it at your suspect, and it will tell you instantly if he or she is a witch! Allow me to demonstrate!"

The wizard points the device at Murska, upon which the Witch-o-Matic 4000 begins to glow red and emit an earsplitting scream. "Yup, this guy is a witch, all right! I thought he was a bit suspicious..."

(Note: This is purely RP, I'm not an actual Wizard or any power role like that.)

Aemoh
2009-07-09, 04:41 PM
Talic!

Heh, sorry, can't resist the urge to even up the votes again :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-09, 04:41 PM
Why do I have to defend myself against a bandwagon everyday? :smallannoyed:
Self defense point against Murska until I hear something from the "masons".

Jair Barik
2009-07-10, 03:51 AM
I'm going to have to vote Supagoof

Sorry but your logic seems flawed man. You say you are a mason and that we can prove it by lynching you, but there was a more obvious way you could have proved your point. Surely when it became abundantly clear that Roger was going to be autolynched you would have ratted on him to prove your point. As it stands it seems more likely that you are a witch trying to lure out the real masons than an actual mason, but as you have said if you are in fact a mason your death should help team good get organised. Nothing personal but it seems lynching you is the only sensible thing to do

MOD
2009-07-10, 04:47 AM
After a refreshing bath in floating yellow sponge rockets out of the water to survey his surroundings and notices that the munchkin population is thinner than it once was. Sadden by this loss of life the little rectangle floats onward towards where trouble seems to be brewing.

It seemed that two people were pointing at each other shouting the other was a witch. Detractors on both sides seemed to argue points one way or another about the various 'lies' told by both contenders. Sighing as only a sponge can it floated over the head of the one named Talic.

The sponge wasn't sure if it was a witch or munchkin or something else entirely but the floating sponge continued on until it was between the primary contenders, "This use to be nice and wholesome place. Now look at you two arguing and fighting, disgraceful. I think you all need some time to cool off," With a jerk of its body the sponge points to the bathhouse.

Talic
2009-07-10, 07:21 AM
Murska.

No more agruments. No more long posts.

If I'm lynched, you will all know my role. When you do? Look closely at those who find reason to lynch me. That is all.

EDIT: Behaviour Tracking:Players who have avoided all bandwagons:
Opeth_Freak
Dirk Kris
Fin
Evnafets
Lex-Kat
MOD
Quintis

Players who only stacked on the last wagon (overwhelming appearance of guilt):
Aemoh (1st vote cast)
Banjo1985(7th vote cast)
Hyozo (6th vote cast)
Supagoof (8th vote cast)
Blue Ghost (3rd vote cast)

Players who have been on a successful bandwagon every time they voted:
Mustadio (1 vote only, extenuating circumstances)
Allysian
Talic
Supagoof
billtodamax

Bolded is noteworthy behaviour. Typically doesn't bandwagon, but slipped in on one... Only after it reached the point where their vote no longer mattered. In every other role, avoided all major names. In other words... Trying not to make a difference, laying low. Supagoof's is somewhat mitigated by a strong posting presence.

Top category are people who are consistently laying low.

Hyozo
2009-07-10, 08:48 AM
If I'm lynched, you will all know my role. When you do? Look closely at those who find reason to lynch me. That is all.

That's odd, if my memmory is correct, wolves have a history of hiding in the bandwagons you start.

EDIT: Behaviour Tracking:Players who have avoided all bandwagons:
Opeth_Freak
Dirk Kris
Fin
Evnafets
Lex-Kat
MOD
Quintis

Players who only stacked on the last wagon (overwhelming appearance of guilt):
Aemoh (1st vote cast)
Banjo1985(7th vote cast)
Hyozo (6th vote cast)
Supagoof (8th vote cast)
Blue Ghost (3rd vote cast)

Players who have been on every bandwagon:
Allysian (6th vote day 1, 2nd vote days 2 and 3), Talic (4th vote cast for that member in all cases)

Bolded is noteworthy behaviour. Typically doesn't bandwagon, but slipped in on one... Only after it reached the point where their vote no longer mattered. In every other role, avoided all major names. In other words... Trying not to make a difference, laying low.

And it seems you believe that theory as well, but it's nice to see that you're telling them to lynch me either way.

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 08:48 AM
I think I'll join the Talic wagon today.

Talic
2009-07-10, 08:53 AM
EDIT: @^ : Again, those who place the second vote aren't starting a bandwagon, they're creating one.

That's odd, if my memmory is correct, wolves have a history of hiding in the bandwagons you start.

As well as the ones against me.
I'm just putting numbers out there.
Wanna lynch me? Lynch me. I'll bet I can guess who the next lynch will be after me. And no, not you.

As for hiding in the wagons I start? Great, then you can use that to narrow it down.

banjo1985
2009-07-10, 08:53 AM
Ya know, I'm not entirely sure how much information can be gleaned from a day where the eventual lynchee created his own noose. Having said that, Eaglewiz has a history of making strange comments that get him lynched, only for him to turn out to be innocent. Make of that what you will.

As for my behaviour, good luck trying to find a pattern across games for me. I seem to act differently every game I play. In this one I've voted randomly until a bandwagon based on a strange comment seemed like a good place to put a vote. I'd personally take a look at the person who started that bandwagon: Aemoh.

Eaglewiz's comment was a perfect opportunity for a wolf to say, 'hey, look at that, he's acting kooky! Let's lynch him!'

Talic
2009-07-10, 08:55 AM
Simple. People that avoid bandwagons except when it's an obvious lynching are laying low.

banjo1985
2009-07-10, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't be laying low by voting first the day after I helped bandwagon an innocent. Only if I changed my vote afterwards like this:

Aemoh

Seriously, the person who jumped on Eaglewiz's comment seems like the best choice for a lynch to me. :smallbiggrin:

Jair Barik
2009-07-10, 09:01 AM
So those who avoid bandwagons are wolves lying low, those that start bandwagons are wolves trying to kill the goodguys and those who join bandwagons are wolves hiding amidst the bandwagon...

Perhaps Happyturtle had the right idea on how to vote in round 1 after all...

Hyozo
2009-07-10, 09:08 AM
That reminds me of this post:

*SNIPPED*
That was my second Werewolf game, and I was clueless. I think I'll list off what I've learned since then:
-Murska is always a wolf.
-Murska is frequently not a wolf.
-All wolves point randomly.
-All wolves are bandwagoners.
-Only wolves like to keep a low profile by frequently missing days
-Only villagers get autolynched.
-Shadow usually isn't a wolf, I still shouldn't ever trust him.
-Using petty revenge to determine early votes is meaningless and likely to get me lynched.
-Using petty revenge to determine early votes is better than nothing and therefore a good idea.
-People who claim to be a villager never really are villagers.
-Sometimes people who claim to be a villager really are villagers.
-Wolves don't point at each other on days where it makes a difference.
-Wolves like to point at each other to make it look like they're not on the same side. Since changing points would make them look extremely suspicious, this means that wolves frequently start bandwagons against each other.
-When a wolf is likely to be lynched, other wolves join the bandwagon to throw suspicion off themselves.
-Wolves covet easily defended positions, the easiest of these for them to gain is "I was the vote that pushed that wolf bandwagon into the lead, clearly no wolf would do that."
-Whenever I have a theory which I believe to be worth telling people, it is probably wrong.
-Whenever I have a theory which I do not believe to be worth telling people, it is probably right, and I will probably die before I change my mind.

In other words, I'm still clueless, but at least I won't trust Shadow.
Welcome to Werewolf Jair, please leave your assumptions of anything making sense at the door

Jair Barik
2009-07-10, 09:13 AM
I see...

But as I said it seems Happyturtle has the right voting strategy

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 09:36 AM
I see...

But as I said it seems Happyturtle has the right voting strategy

And if someone has the right voting strategy they're clearly a wolf. :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2009-07-10, 10:05 AM
Off all the information I've received, the person who is making that largest noise again on my supa-analytical-ww-devastation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw) chart, is Lex-Kat.

Alas, I'd offer more analysis, but my post will be quick and short today as I'm heading out of town for the weekend.

Jair Barik
2009-07-10, 10:24 AM
I'm inclined to say that rick rolling makes me even more suspicious of you but I'm bigger than that

Haruki-kun
2009-07-10, 10:39 AM
Well, I honestly don't know. Although I suppose...

Murska was in contact with a Seer, immediately before that seer's death. Regardless of who he is, that's suspicious. That's quantified. And pretty damning, if you ask me.

And yet it can be stated and corroborated by two different sources, and all we get is "oh, he's kinda suspicious, but that's not a reason to lynch him".

This supports a point I've been making for a long time now (not in this game). Murska's already reached a point in which anyone can say "I suspect Murska" and give you a long list of completely valid reasons only to have the entire village reply with "You suspect Murska? Well, who doesn't?" It's like Shadow all over again.

It would probably be a lot easier to play this game if we weren't so afraid of a few select players.

*points at Murska*

Murska
2009-07-10, 11:46 AM
The ONLY argument against me that has any sense whatsoever is the 'The seer knew him and died.'

Now let's take a look at that. I was the ONLY PLAYER in the ENTIRE GAME who was in contact with the seer, and I had also been scried. WHY would I have contacted the masons, linked them with the seer, told everyone that I had been in contact with said seer the day after he died, if I had been a wolf? It makes no sense whatsoever.

And nobody seems to remember the fact that on day one, Bushranger said the fateful words "You do not want to lynch me."

That is like a giant neon sign for the wolves "HAY, VILLAGER POWERROLE".

He didn't die the next night. What does this tell us? It tells us the wolves are cautious, scried him first. Then once they saw he was the seer, they decided that it was worth the risk. And killed him. That is the most logical way the events could have proceeded.

Now, there's a bandwagon on Talic, who's posting analysis, and me, who am a villager powerrole. I don't know who Talic is, and I DO know who I am, so...

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 12:06 PM
Oops. Forgive me? :smalleek:

Kyouhen
2009-07-10, 12:09 PM
I'll go with Murska. Him knowing the Seer right before the seer dies, does make him quite suspicious.

Eh, Murska tends to know people who end up dead. Doesn't always mean he's trying to kill them. Sometimes he is, but not always. I'm going to say he isn't a threat this time around.

Hyozo
2009-07-10, 12:22 PM
I'll go with Murska. Him knowing the Seer right before the seer dies, does make him quite suspicious.

Lex, you were already pointing at him. Please don't have two active points at the same person, it confuses people.

This supports a point I've been making for a long time now (not in this game). Murska's already reached a point in which anyone can say "I suspect Murska" and give you a long list of completely valid reasons only to have the entire village reply with "You suspect Murska? Well, who doesn't?" It's like Shadow all over again.

It would probably be a lot easier to play this game if we weren't so afraid of a few select players.

That's not the problem in question. The problem is that there is a single piece of so-called evidence against him, which has already been explained to a point which should be sufficient, but some people refuse to accept it because they assume that, being Murska, he must be lying. His reputation isn't opposing the bandwagon against him, it's the only reason it exists.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-10, 06:23 PM
Fixed my previous post. :smallredface:

Talic
2009-07-10, 08:15 PM
The ONLY argument against me that has any sense whatsoever is the 'The seer knew him and died.'

Now let's take a look at that. I was the ONLY PLAYER in the ENTIRE GAME who was in contact with the seer, and I had also been scried. WHY would I have contacted the masons, linked them with the seer, told everyone that I had been in contact with said seer the day after he died, if I had been a wolf? It makes no sense whatsoever.You had been scried. According to you, and unsubstantiated.

And nobody seems to remember the fact that on day one, Bushranger said the fateful words "You do not want to lynch me."

That is like a giant neon sign for the wolves "HAY, VILLAGER POWERROLE".

He didn't die the next night. What does this tell us? It tells us the wolves are cautious, scried him first. Then once they saw he was the seer, they decided that it was worth the risk. And killed him. That is the most logical way the events could have proceeded.
Ah yes, because the completely random initial kill is so much better than the not-completely random Bushranger. Let's look at it from a wolf perspective, shall we? They know that Bushranger and Oddity are both team good. Oddity was one more person on the happy bandwagon, Bushranger threw his vote to the side. Bushranger was a more obvious kill in every way, so why go completely random (best odds: villager) over not? Probably because the wolves feared a bane. Why wouldn't they fear a bane night 2? Insider information is the only reason I can think of. And you were in contact with the seer. You had access to insider information.

Now, there's a bandwagon on Talic, who's posting analysis, and me, who am a villager powerrole. I don't know who Talic is, and I DO know who I am, so...
The problem is... Nobody else knows who you are. I know who I am. And from a few people who have been sending me messages?

I don't know what you are. But I know you're not what you say you are. Between that and your intimate knowledge of the Seer? Means you get my vote until one of us is gone.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-10, 08:25 PM
I've got no problem with you two fighting it out since it means that's one day I don't have to worry about people trying to lynch me for no reason but how about we go for someone that the self proclaimed mason ponted at today instead of turning it into a me or him situation?

I'll stick with my point at Murska for now because Talic defended me yesterday but I'd much rather prefer to see how Supagoof's intuition/analysis is on this matter and point at Lex-Kat.

Talic
2009-07-11, 01:57 AM
That's not the problem in question. The problem is that there is a single piece of so-called evidence against him, which has already been explained to a point which should be sufficient, but some people refuse to accept it because they assume that, being Murska, he must be lying. His reputation isn't opposing the bandwagon against him, it's the only reason it exists.

Wrong. If I had stated what Murska stated? I'd have been voted out in a second. Since Murska plays fast and loose, trying to behind the scenes pry as many roles as he can out (if the average player tried this, it would be considered highly suspicious), everyone says "that's just Murska... That CRAAZZZZY Murska".

Last two or three non-Murskas I've seen make that claim (Oh look, Seer's dead, let me say I knew who they were yesterday!) ended up very lynched, very quick. Heck, last time Murska did it, he was lynched pretty quick. As I recall, he was a wolf there too. Only difference is that there, it was a Murska Wolf for a Baner and a Seer.

Note: The only way to refute Murska's status is to have the real toto come forward. But we've seen what happens to real powerroles when they come out in thread. So that Toto would be a fool to do that.

Classic Gambit. One Murska, traded for a Seer and a Voider.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-11, 02:09 AM
This is what I don't get and makes me wonder if it might be better to lynch someone else:
If Murska isn't actually Toto, why hasn't either of the voiders come forward to claim such a fact? If I was Dorothy or Toto, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to come forward to get Murska lynched while the baner is still alive.

Talic
2009-07-11, 02:26 AM
Oh. I didn't think about that. The Baner is alive, isn't he? I am SO not used to trusting anyone in this game. It's easier as long as the Baner stays anonymous, I suppose.

In that case, I'm part of the Dorothy/Toto team.

Dorothy and Toto do have special hidden rules for identifying each other. I attempted to identify Murska last night. I didn't get a match.

So that makes things rather simple. By the rules I was given for my role? Murska can't be Toto.

On a side note, whoever the other member of Team Dorothy/Toto is? Please attempt to identify me tonight.

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-11, 03:56 AM
That makes things simple then. We lynch Murska today.
If he turns out to be Toto, we lynch Talic tomorrow.
If he turns out to be a wolf, we got a confirmed good role to work with and organise the villagers.

Murska
2009-07-11, 05:47 AM
Ah yes, because the completely random initial kill is so much better than the not-completely random Bushranger. Let's look at it from a wolf perspective, shall we? They know that Bushranger and Oddity are both team good. Oddity was one more person on the happy bandwagon, Bushranger threw his vote to the side. Bushranger was a more obvious kill in every way, so why go completely random (best odds: villager) over not? Probably because the wolves feared a bane. Why wouldn't they fear a bane night 2? Insider information is the only reason I can think of. And you were in contact with the seer. You had access to insider information.

Call me stupid, but this makes no sense whatsoever.

Bushranger was an obvious kill night 1. In fact, so obvious that he was also the obvious bane. So the wolves didn't kill him, why? Because they feared he was baned? Okay, so they scried him, he was the seer, now they knew they could void him and make him useless even if he was baned. So it was worth the risk taking him out night 2. That's how I see the most probable way things proceeded. Even though I knew the seer, how would I have had inside information about whether or not he was baned?

And note, that now since it's him or me being lynched and he knows that if I die, he'll die next anyway, he's trying to get me lynched first by making up information. My role PM stated clearly I was Toto(Voider), after that it had the same blurb of fluff as the rules post had and then 'Enjoy:smallamused:'. Nothing about special ways to find my teammate whatsoever. Note how he isn't claiming Dorothy or Toto but rather Dorothy/Toto? Best way for a wolf, of course. He's just making up things not in the rules in order to get people to lynch me first, costing us a powerrole.

Talic
2009-07-11, 05:59 AM
Sharing Role PM's isn't allowed in this WW.

However, let me state that I've not been precisely informed whether I was dorothy or toto. The two roles were put together, just as they were in the initial post.

Further, the method for detecting whether or not someone is Dorothy or Toto? Using your ability on them.

Further, you know what really wouldn't make sense? Wolves trading 1 for 1 for any roles other than seer and baner. It kills them in the endgame. I assure you, I have no intent to sacrifice myself.

I can guarantee you that at least one other player now knows you're a liar. I don't want the other voider to come forth though... That would give the Baner too many people to protect.

Murska
2009-07-11, 06:08 AM
I can guarantee you that at least one other player now knows you're a liar. I don't want the other voider to come forth though... That would give the Baner too many people to protect.

How convenient. Neither of us wants him to come forth, me since more powerroles in the open is bad and you since he'd out you. :smallamused:

Fin
2009-07-11, 06:11 AM
I would tend to agree with Talic on the roles PM business. By the looks of the set-up of the roles list I would have imagined that particular role would state something along the lines of: You are Dororthy/Toto... Because if this isn't the case why are both roles together in the role list.

So Murska, I really did think you were innocent until the role PM business to...

Murska
2009-07-11, 06:14 AM
The roles are together because of the obvious reason: They're exactly the same. They're connected, they need to find each other for a part of their win condition, they have exactly the same power. Less writing for the narrator, or copypasteing or whatever. But 'my role name is Dorothy/Toto'? Makes no sense. I'm assuming they're separate for fluff and RP reasons. Otherwise, how would the narrator set the scene if, say, one of them dies and the other survives? Arbitarily pick either one of them to survive?

Talic
2009-07-11, 06:19 AM
The roles are together because of the obvious reason: They're exactly the same. They're connected, they need to find each other for a part of their win condition, they have exactly the same power. Less writing for the narrator, or copypasteing or whatever. But 'my role name is Dorothy/Toto'? Makes no sense. I'm assuming they're separate for fluff and RP reasons. Otherwise, how would the narrator set the scene if, say, one of them dies and the other survives? Arbitarily pick either one of them to survive?

Or the creator wrote one PM, and then Copy/Pasted it to save time... Because sending out dozens of PM's is time consuming. Don't ask me why that was done. However, you have demonstrated beyond a shadow of my doubt what you're doing.

Grasping at straws. We've uncovered a rat, and its ship is sinking. This is where you jump at any piece of semantic nonsense, to try to save yourself.

I'm waiting for the near end of day when you admit to being a wolf, and defiantly thumb your nose at us all.

Murska
2009-07-11, 06:27 AM
I find it hilarious how my reputation causes yet more trouble... for the villagers. People never trust me at all if I'm actually on their side, and if I'm not, they practically jump at me with information. *shrug*

Anyway. People should make their own minds:

There was no logic whatsoever against me that would hold against a slight breeze, let alone someone actually looking at it.

Talic was nearing lynch and knows he'll be lynched after I do.

So he claimed my role, which I had claimed a long time ago(back on day 1 privately, in-thread yesterday).

Then he made a few posts with some text but no content, and still no other proof against me than the fact that he claims to be me, along with some made-up rules.

Now, I know if I die, he'll be lynched anyway, but I'd rather leave killing me for the wolves. Your call.

Talic
2009-07-11, 06:41 AM
Except the wolves won't kill you. Honor among thieves, and all that.

I pm'd that I was a voider shortly after you made the claim. While I don't typically do as much, I took that gambit because I knew I needed to have some sort of network to rely on, with you gunning for me, and someone had a high chance of being a mason, based on thread information. He's since come out as a mason, and hasn't been refuted.

Let's look at evidence.

Against me: You claimed to me that you knew I wasn't a mason based on mason testimony, and that was your "suspicion". Quite true. I'm not a mason. I'm a villager power role, but not a mason.

Against you: You ferreted roles out of others behind the scenes. You knew the Seer the day before he died. And the only person who can verify that? Is dead.

You've claimed power role. You claim time and again that there's no evidence against him.

I don't know... I see evidence.

Allysian
2009-07-11, 06:42 AM
Murska. For the stuff lots of other people (like, two) said.

Murska
2009-07-11, 07:02 AM
Except the wolves won't kill you. Honor among thieves, and all that.

I pm'd that I was a voider shortly after you made the claim. While I don't typically do as much, I took that gambit because I knew I needed to have some sort of network to rely on, with you gunning for me, and someone had a high chance of being a mason, based on thread information. He's since come out as a mason, and hasn't been refuted.

Let's look at evidence.

Against me: You claimed to me that you knew I wasn't a mason based on mason testimony, and that was your "suspicion". Quite true. I'm not a mason. I'm a villager power role, but not a mason.

Against you: You ferreted roles out of others behind the scenes. You knew the Seer the day before he died. And the only person who can verify that? Is dead.

You've claimed power role. You claim time and again that there's no evidence against him.

I don't know... I see evidence.

Well, it won't matter anymore but again, there is no evidence there.

Against you:
You falsely claimed my role after I had done so to avoid being lynched and to get me lynched instead.

Against me:
I've gotten a single role out of a single person behind the scenes. That person, who claimed mason and has been proven by Supagoof, is not, in fact, dead.

I knew the seer, I told that to everyone, I helped the seer, connected him to the masons and he got killed because he claimed a powerrole in-thread. Your suspicion of me here is based on me somehow also knowing the baner and knowing that the seer wasn't baned, which, frankly, makes no sense since the baner isn't dead AND you came out in the open 'because the baner is still alive'.

I don't mind getting lynched, I don't mind getting lynched by logic nor do I mind getting lynched for no reason but I do mind getting lynched by no reason falsely disguised as logic.

EDIT: I have proof Talic is a liar. :smallbiggrin:

Murska.
No more agruments. No more long posts.

Mrs Banjo
2009-07-11, 07:21 AM
The magical floating sponge moved around the world free now of the endless munchkins that always needed scrubbing, the sponge could never understand how a munchkin could get pumpkin pie in some of the crevices it would wind up. Shuddering a bit at that image, the yellow rectangle dives towards the communal fountain to cleanse itself of those dirty thoughts. As it splashes around gaily it gazes up to see the face of Mrs Banjo which looks awfully witchy through distortion of the water.

MOD for calling me a witch!!!! :smallfurious:

Talic
2009-07-11, 08:51 AM
EDIT: I have proof Talic is a liar.
See before on grasping at straws. Was before I was reminded that the baner could protect me, when I still thought announcing my role was suicide. At that point, I had settled for the possibility of you dying the day after I did... And you would have, too.

But that's how you play, isn't it? You rarely last until the end. You storm through, like a tornado, disrupting everything you touch, confusing and muddying the waters, before going out in a fireball, taking as many down with you as you can.

By disputing your role? I stated that I am willing to bet my existence in this game on the fact that you're lying. And contrary to what you said? I did it when the votes weren't stacked against me. It wasn't to save my skin.

Murska
2009-07-11, 09:36 AM
See before on grasping at straws. Was before I was reminded that the baner could protect me, when I still thought announcing my role was suicide. At that point, I had settled for the possibility of you dying the day after I did... And you would have, too.

But that's how you play, isn't it? You rarely last until the end. You storm through, like a tornado, disrupting everything you touch, confusing and muddying the waters, before going out in a fireball, taking as many down with you as you can.

By disputing your role? I stated that I am willing to bet my existence in this game on the fact that you're lying. And contrary to what you said? I did it when the votes weren't stacked against me. It wasn't to save my skin.

Sheesh, that was a joke. :smallbiggrin:

Don't take it so seriously, alien. Er, witch. You'll die after me, it seems, so you don't need to write such long posts anymore. :smallsmile:

(Thanks for the comparison to natural(and unnatural) disasters, though. :smalltongue:)

Talic
2009-07-11, 09:51 AM
Sheesh, that was a joke. :smallbiggrin:

Don't take it so seriously, alien. Er, witch. You'll die after me, it seems, so you don't need to write such long posts anymore. :smallsmile:

(Thanks for the comparison to natural(and unnatural) disasters, though. :smalltongue:)

But not to a lynching.

Allysian
2009-07-11, 01:39 PM
Uhm, I don't think either of you are a wolf. So. MOD. He called Mrs.Banjo a witch. Das just cruel.

Mustiado
2009-07-11, 02:02 PM
Talic. I do believe.

Talic
2009-07-11, 03:23 PM
Had to tie it up, hmm?

Fleeing Coward
2009-07-11, 05:45 PM
Uhm, I don't think either of you are a wolf. So. MOD. He called Mrs.Banjo a witch. Das just cruel.

This has certainly got my attention since one of the two has to be a wolf here unless there's been some huge misunderstanding on how the voiders worked. Voting for anyone else right now would just be throwing your vote away.

Lex-Kat
2009-07-11, 10:40 PM
Changing to Talic.

Talic
2009-07-12, 12:01 AM
Hmm. The precedent being set here will certainly discourage future people from stepping forward to dispute wolf roles... I don't know many people who will step forward to dispute a wolf if it gets them killed.

Agreed on one of us being a wolf. Let's just hope that if you lynch me, the information you get will be worth giving up the Void advantage for team good.

On a side note, I got clarification from DeathstalkerDeathslayer. I am Toto. So that cinches it.