PDA

View Full Version : Tintin Movie

Llama231
2009-06-20, 06:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_film

So, what does everyone think of it?
I think that it could work solely because of who are directing and writing it.

Eldan
2009-06-20, 07:03 PM
First of all: your link is broken, the second bracket is not included.

Well, the guy playing Tintin looks weird to me. Apart from that, huh? :smallconfused: I mean, I loved those comics as a kid, and had all the movies on casette, but why this, and why now? I could perhaps imagine it was a working movie, but the idea seems just strange.

Llama231
2009-06-20, 07:16 PM
Oh, and I accidentally posted in the wrong forum. Grrr.

Starscream
2009-06-20, 07:45 PM
It can work. That doesn't necessarily mean it will (not even the mighty Spielberg could save Indy 4), but it can.

I am going to file myself under "cautiously optimistic". To me the saving grace is that Spielberg has been planning to do this for ages, so we know a lot of thought has gone into it.

Occasional flukes like Crystal Skull and Flintstones aside, he rarely makes a movie that isn't worth seeing. And with such excellent source material (which we know he has respect for because he's been gushing about Tintin for years), I think the end result will be at least good and possibly fantastic.

reorith
2009-06-20, 10:34 PM
i wager $20 on this film's success.

Mauve Shirt
2009-06-20, 11:02 PM
I'm with Starscream, cautiously optimistic.

Ichneumon
2009-06-21, 01:04 AM
I don't know. I liked the comics, but this could turn out really weird and uncomfortable.

randman22222
2009-06-21, 03:26 AM
Hey... John Williams is doing the music.

Just as long as the music is like the Tintin cartoon's music, and not Harry Potter, or Star Wars... :smallconfused:

Castaras
2009-06-21, 03:43 AM
Hey, I liked these comics. Looks interesting, will have to keep tabs on this film's development.

I'm hedging my bets at the moment... possibly could be good, possibly not.

Serpentine
2009-06-21, 04:31 AM
Hey, I liked Indy 4. It certainly wasn't the best of those movies, but I didn't think it was a terrible movie in itself.

I dunno about this... I mean, even the creator of Tintin acknowledged that he was utterly devoid of a personality. Could be fun, though.
'sno Asterix, though :smalltongue:

Nameless
2009-06-21, 04:33 AM
I was never a massive fan of Tintin, but the film looks interesting.
I won't say anything else until I've watched it though.

I can Imagine it if Tom Cruse plays Tintin though:

He’s a very good detective/explorer/hero when all of a sudden he looses his self confidence. One day he meets a beautiful girl who helps him gain his confidence back and eventually become the greatest detective/explorer/hero in the world.

:smalltongue:

Jokes
2009-06-21, 12:49 PM
Wait... wait... wait... They have Billy Elliot, Gollum and Shaun of the Dead, directed by Jurassic Park. James Bond as a villain. In a Tintin film.

*starts a camp-out in front of the cinema*

If it's good, it's good. If it's bad, it's still funny to imagine Haddock as Smeagol.

"Blistering Barnacles, my precious."

Berserk Monk
2009-06-21, 04:59 PM
i wager $20 on this film's success.

I'll take that bet.

Leigh
2009-06-23, 06:33 PM
Tintin brings back fond memories... Secret of the Unicorn was one of my favorites.
The movie will be interesting. Andy Serkis is amazing, so at least Haddock will be good. :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2009-06-24, 01:01 AM
I have an automatic and almost guaranteed incorrect assumption that Andy Serkis is Gollum-proportioned.

Of course, he was also King Kong, so.

I'm cautiously optimistic.