PDA

View Full Version : Turning Back the Clock: Episode 1-Academy[Bleachitp]

Innis Cabal
2009-06-20, 07:37 PM
(See what I did there!!!)

It was early on in the Acadamy, Yen had just advanced to the next stage of class's, and was resting in some secluded part of Soul Society, a jug of sake keeping him company

Neknoh
2009-06-20, 07:46 PM
"You not sharing that?" Tatskete walked up to him, cheery with his gray hair shoulder-length and a kido scroll underneath his arm.

Sir Shadow
2009-06-20, 07:48 PM
(( Yen LIVES!!! ))

Akako stood behind him (even if that means she's standing on a wall), looking down on the young man. "Yen, one day your drinking will get you in trouble." The young woman's red hair flowed down her neck freely and her eyes, while quite stern held some hint of merriment.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-20, 07:51 PM
Yen holds the bottle up for Tatskete

"Don't get your panties in a bunh dude..."

He then glances up at Akako, shrinking slightly

"Ahahaha....Aka-chan. Where did you come from! It's not mine! Its Kete-kun's!"

Neknoh
2009-06-20, 07:54 PM
"Than... AKAKO! Don't believe him!" Tatskete had just grabbed ahold of the bottle, holding it in his hand, had he not held the scroll as well, he'd have started flailing his arms arround madly.

OverWilliam
2009-06-20, 07:59 PM
(See what I did there!!!)
(Spelled Academy wrong? Twice? :smallconfused:)

Yes... Finally. Kenji almost collapsed in relief. Across the field from where he now (barely) stood, a tree waited indifferently. Scorch marks danced cheekily around its base, the results of the last few hours of free time. However, right in the center of the mighty oak's trunk, a single blast mark chewed into the scraggly bark. A perfect bull's eye... at long last.

Kenji did succumb to gravity then, sitting down heavily (but not too heavily) and simply breathing happily.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-20, 08:02 PM
((shhhhhh))

Sir Shadow
2009-06-20, 08:07 PM
She leans down poking Yen on the forehead, "Not to mention that lying streak." She straightens herself and crosses her arm. "Don't worry, Tatskete, I'm used to this silver-tongued rogue's words." With that, she takes the bottle from Tatskete and takes a good drought. She then hands it back and sits down next to Yen. "At this rate, we'll be out of the Academy and into the Thirteen in no time."

Innis Cabal
2009-06-20, 08:10 PM
Yen chuckles, draining the rest of the sake

"Silver tongued rogue!!? And just whose talking after almost emptying my jug that I had to steal from under one of the teachers nose?! Your just...ugh"

Yen laughs poking the female shinigami in the side

"I bet you we make a record. Youngest group to graduate."

Neknoh
2009-06-20, 08:10 PM
"Or the Rokun" Tatskete fills in with a grin as he sits down opposite of the two, "I have no idea what the captains would do if they saw us slacking off like this." he took a swig from the bottle before passing it to Yen.

((Now deadtiming, Godmod as you will))

Sir Shadow
2009-06-20, 08:16 PM
"Ha! Youngest to graduate? Try youngest group of Captains!" Akako smiled, there was a hint of a joke in her voice. It was a nice thought, but she knew they had a lot of work to do. She also knew they were up to the task.

(( who knows, perhaps they were at least the youngest group of vice-captains :P ))

Innis Cabal
2009-06-20, 08:21 PM
"Vice-Captain? We've got that under our hats. Bet you money I get into the 2nd Division the minute I graduate. And where are you looking Aka-chan?"

Yen leans back slightly, keeping an eye on the fresh recruit Kenji

Sir Shadow
2009-06-20, 08:23 PM
Akako leans back on her hands and looks up at the sky. "Ah, I don't know. Perhaps Third of Fifth, some place where I can enhance my kido."

OverWilliam
2009-06-20, 08:23 PM
Kenji forced himself to stand, taking a deep breath and stretching the soreness out of his shoulders... Or most of the way out, anyway. Hefting his simple daypack over one shoulder, Kenji started his walk back to the Academy dormitory.

On the way, he spotted a group of students gathered a little ways off the road. Kenji shrugged, and diverted his trail toward the group.

"Hello, Yen-sempai, Tatskete-sempai, Akako-san," He said, nodding his head to each in turn. "What are you all doing all the way out here?" He said, noticing the Sake flask, and apparently not noticing that the same question could be reversed on himself.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-20, 08:31 PM
Yen nodded once, waving at Kenji and beaming

"Kenji! Come and sit for a bit before Aka-chan and I have to go practice our kido!"

Yen shot Akako a sly grin, mischief in his eyes

Goblin Music
2009-06-20, 08:33 PM
Kiyeshi walks by the scorched tree huh, he touches the center scorch nice. i doubt i could hit it that good

OverWilliam
2009-06-20, 08:36 PM
"Oh... er-- Ok," Kenji stuttered for a moment, but then moved to take a seat near the others.

Sir Shadow
2009-06-20, 08:39 PM
Akako gives Yen a look that conveys: 'If you think I'm that drunk, you've got another thing coming. But don't think I'm not all-together uninterested.' If looks could be out of breath, that one would be.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-20, 08:42 PM
Yen slides over, grabbing Akako and Kenji with an arm, pulling them tight

"See?! This is so much nicer then training. Sitting and relaxing!"

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-06-20, 09:43 PM
((In the timeline, where does this thread sit?))

horngeek
2009-06-20, 09:53 PM
{{Early, I'd say.

Daisuke would have been the Commander-General, but not for long}}

Innis Cabal
2009-06-20, 09:59 PM
((In the timeline, where does this thread sit?))

((Ya, pretty early on))

Draken
2009-06-20, 10:06 PM
((I believe when we see the schooldays of Izuru, Hinamori and Renji it is 15-20 years back. So somehting like that?))

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-06-20, 10:07 PM
((So... pre-rebellion by vaguely how long? I would not bother for the details were it not important to the plot.))

Sir Shadow
2009-06-20, 10:09 PM
Waaay long. The current BLEACHitP is probably something like 750-1000 years in the future of this one.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-06-20, 10:13 PM
((I honestly don't know if that would place Toho as mortal substitute, a rising star, or already an established Captain.))

horngeek
2009-06-20, 10:14 PM
{{Make it Rising Star}}

Innis Cabal
2009-06-20, 10:23 PM
Yen whistles softly as he ties the two other Shinigami's obi's togather, trying his best to look innocent while doing so. Once done, he ties them to a small chair sitting in the alcove.

Neknoh
2009-06-21, 04:36 AM
Waaay long. The current BLEACHitP is probably something like 750-1000 years in the future of this one.

((I would say this is far, far too early, this would place the Vice Captains at a higher level than Kyoraku and Ukitake in the future. I would say maybe 40 years if we want to make them strong vice captains, but not really a lot more than that.))

"Aaah, Yen, don't be so daring arround Aka-chan, you do know she sent a person to the fourth squad during yesterday's Kido training..." he looked at Aka, his eyes squinting a bit, "And we all know she's much too good for it to have been an accident."

H. Zee
2009-06-21, 06:22 AM
((I would say this is far, far too early, this would place the Vice Captains at a higher level than Kyoraku and Ukitake in the future. I would say maybe 40 years if we want to make them strong vice captains, but not really a lot more than that.)).[/COLOR][/I]"

{{I'd say about 80 years, myself.

And by the way, I'm not joining this RP, just lurking.}}

Sir Shadow
2009-06-21, 07:13 AM
((Guys, remember that time has a WAAAAY different effect than it does in the real world. Hitsugaya, for example, is over 50 years old and looks like a teenager. And some of the other captains are around 1000. I'd say this time is at least 100 years in the past))

horngeek
2009-06-21, 07:19 AM
{{Yamamoto is 2000}}

Anyr
2009-06-21, 07:37 AM
((Guys, remember that time has a WAAAAY different effect than it does in the real world. Hitsugaya, for example, is over 50 years old and looks like a teenager. And some of the other captains are around 1000. I'd say this time is at least 100 years in the past))

{The original Turn Back the Pendulum arc is only 100 years in Soul Society's past. That was apparently enough time for Byakuya to turn from a frustrated teenager into a stoic captain and for Hisagi, Nanao and a few others to grow from infants to lieutenants. The time required really isn't that much. Also, could we move this discussion to the OOC thread? That's what it's there for, after all}.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-21, 12:47 PM
((Naw its fine here, its discussing the plot line of this particular storyline. And 100-150 sounds about right))

Innis Cabal
2009-06-21, 04:28 PM
((I would say this is far, far too early, this would place the Vice Captains at a higher level than Kyoraku and Ukitake in the future. I would say maybe 40 years if we want to make them strong vice captains, but not really a lot more than that.))

"Aaah, Yen, don't be so daring arround Aka-chan, you do know she sent a person to the fourth squad during yesterday's Kido training..." he looked at Aka, his eyes squinting a bit, "And we all know she's much too good for it to have been an accident."

((Sorry for the double post, getting it back IC ;D))

Yen snorts lightly, finishing the final part of his joke, looping the tie a second time around the chair, in hopes the two would stand and get hit by the chair.

"Daring? Bah....this is nothing. Last night I tried sneaking into the girls dormitory. Got about as far as the gate before I was set upon by the upper classmen....totally worth it"

Yen bursts out laughing, leaning back slightly to hide his work

Neknoh
2009-06-21, 04:47 PM
"Just saying" Tatskete leaned back with a smile on his face, producing a small set of sepia photographs from inside of his uniform, handing them to Yen, "As for getting these kind of pictures of the girls dormitory.. honestly, yen, I'm supposed to be the bumbling, broad buffoon to join the seventh, not the future captain of second."

The pictures detailed a handful of girls in the rather normal school uniforms desperately fending off what looked like large rats with some sort of trackers on them, "I crashed a teaparty with some modified mobile recon prototypes I had gotten, don't they look life-like?"

The smile grew impossibly big, it turned into a grin, a very, very gleeful one at that. Whilst Yen had gotten kicked about, he had taken the opportunity to test out a few things a senior 12th division had snuck him the other day.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-21, 04:53 PM
"Well, I wasn't really trying to get pictures. I could have climbed up the trees. I wanted to see if I could get into the dormitory and pull a prank on Aka-chan..."

Yen shoots a grin at the lone female

"Didn't go as planned, and now she knows so she'll probably want to kick my butt. But we had to train sometime today anyway. Ya Aka-chan?"

Neknoh
2009-06-21, 04:55 PM
"Yen... are you actively trying to get Akako to beat you up?"

Tatskete let out a "wheew" as he laid himself back into the grass, looking up at the sky, "You two... You'll keep at this for a long time, won't you?" he said.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-21, 05:19 PM
Yen just shrugs

"Whats the fun of life if you can't cause a little trouble. Right Kenji?"

He gives Kenji's arm a shake, laughing louder

"And ya probably. I've known Aka-chan for a long time, i'd be upset if she just stopped getting mad may antics!"

OverWilliam
2009-06-21, 06:36 PM
Kenji chuckled, though he shook his head as though to say, "If you say so, Yen."

"So, has anybody heard anything interesting from the Seireitei Proper recently? I heard something about one of the captains being promoted or something, but that didn't make much sense. Is there even anything above captain...?"

Innis Cabal
2009-06-21, 06:40 PM
Yen leans down, pulling his two mostly likely prepared "targets" with him, lowering his voice

"I hear, if you get to powerful, they send you away...far away...where your never seen again."

Sir Shadow
2009-06-21, 10:43 PM
After Yen is finished with the tying, Akako decisively pulls her practice blade from its sheath and slices the strings. Of course, she spares her own and damages Tatskete's the most. At the moment, a vein on her forehead looks close to bursting as she gets a better grip on her sword. It doesn't look good for Yen.

However, Kenji's question piques her interest and her aggravation fades, as she leans into the conversation. "There's always the Captain-Commander. The position is only held by the most powerful Shinigami. I hear his--or her--opinion has certain weight even over the council's."

Innis Cabal
2009-06-21, 10:46 PM
Yen whistles softly at the close call, trying to slide the blade out of Akako's hand

"You don't need this when your tipsy Aka-chan. But what happens to the ones who don't make Commander Captain? Maybe they have a special training camp for them in case the current one dies?"

Neknoh
2009-06-22, 05:08 AM
"I heard that there are more squads, spread across far away areas and that the captains are promoted to those to remove military power from the Gotei so that they cannot rise up against the nobles." Tatskete said, speaking rather quietly, it was a big conspiracy theory, and he was rather keen on it, he read far too many books about corrupt nobles.

He then looked down on his damaged Obi before looking with a jokingly grumpy face at Akako.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-22, 11:12 PM
Yen grins

"Maybe we can do that then? Those nobles always holding things over our head. Just makes me wanna trip em down the stairs or something. Getting carried off and around like their feet don't work"

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-06-23, 04:12 PM
"So why dont you do something about it besides talking Yen?" The distant, yet amused, voice comes from an excessively androgynous newcomer with long orange hair. His delicate-looking light blue attire, while intended for a woman, doesn't look at all out of place given his painfully effete features. "The noble houses were founded by those who earned the power and respect they had." Toho's eyes soften even more as his lips curve up in a slight smile. "Who is to say that others can't do the same?"

Innis Cabal
2009-06-23, 04:33 PM
Yen blinks, backing up fully into Akako, muttering a swift apology

"Ahhah....Toho-san....I didn't see you there..."

Yen swallows slightly, raising to his feet.

"And what if I do!? Huh? How would one go about that...though? It would have to be something pretty big..."

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-06-23, 04:56 PM
Toho shifts his weight and rests his umbrella on his right shoulder while he thinks. "Prowess in combat seems to work for the 11th. However, I think that proven leadership ability is a more important quality by far. Earning the love and respect of those who serve under you, and ensuring that they are prepared to face anything, are marks of a great leader."

OverWilliam
2009-06-23, 05:00 PM
Kenji listens attentively to the respected captain. He is also a little bit embarrassed that the man walked in on them in the middle of such a... Disrespectful conversation, but he knows, somehow, that they have nothing to fear from him.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-23, 05:17 PM
"Then thats what i'll do. Aka-chan, Kenji...looks like we've got something to aim for all over again!"

Yen smiles defiantly at the Captain

"Just you watch Toho-san..."

Yen then goes bounding off back towards the Acadamy Proper

OverWilliam
2009-06-23, 05:22 PM
"That was... Impressive, Tohon-taichou," Kenji spoke unassumingly. "The number of people I've seen inspire Yen-sempai to actually do some work for a change..." He lets the sentence trail off, more by not figuring out how to finish in time than doing so on purpose. Still, though, he smiles at the thought.

Neknoh
2009-06-23, 08:20 PM
Tatskete whistled, his eyes big... Yen... wanting to work for something... that wasn't sneaky or a prank...

He rubbed his eyes and stared as Yen went off toward the academy... this wasn't happening.

Quickly remembering his manners, and in a brisk manner at that, he instantly looked at Toho before lowering his head, "Forgive me Tohon-taichou, I forgot myself for a moment, erm... eh... we were discussing our possible desires for what we should write about in a fictional work for Aiko's guest lecture! She's asked people to prepare one!"

A lie, a rather obvious one at that, he did not even know if Aiko had asked for such a thing when it was announced she would be holding a Kido guest lecture, she hadn't been a captain for quite as long as Daisuke-sensei, but she was still respected.

Tatskete started to panic as he realised he only kept on digging his own grave deeper.

Sir Shadow
2009-06-23, 08:23 PM
"Hmm..." Akako simply looked at Toho, only turning her head to view Yen run off.

horngeek
2009-06-23, 08:53 PM
Daisuke walks next to Toho. {{At this time, he's still a teacher}}

The most important quality of a Captain is to be able to sacrifice oneself for you men.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-06-23, 10:04 PM
Toho looks over the remaining students with a light laugh, "I'll not keep you any longer from your 'papers'," -said with a slight, but knowingly amused glance at Tatskete, "but I would ask that you keep in mind what I asked Yen: Why not take action to fix something you know is wrong?"

As Daisuke speaks, Toho's expression sobers so as to become unreadable. "While I do agree that such devotion is by no means a negative aspect in a person, I'm afraid that I will have to respectfully disagree with you about it being the most important trait of a captain. A leader's job is to guide a collective so as to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts. A leaderless group is mob, a body of people only good for generating chaos and dischord, worth far less as a whole than the number of individuals within it."

horngeek
2009-06-24, 12:38 AM
That is partially true.

But if your men are attacked by somthing they cannot defeat, then you must be willing to lay down you life to defeat that enemy. This is especially true when you remember that a Captain generally has more power than their entire Division put together. You must not abuse this power, or else you are one of the lowest forms of life.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-24, 12:56 AM
Yen had wandered into one of the training fields, drawing his zanpaktou, swiftly moving through the targets, muttering as he missed a stroke, cursing as one of the targets struck him in the chest or face. More then once he would slide back on his butt, cursing loudly before leaping back up and slicing the "foe" in half

"Get stronger...*gasp* Must...get stronger. Show all of em..."

He raised a hand, a blast of spirit energy striking it down

"No...not good enough. Should have been burned completly down. Why won't you talk to me....Horo-sha....why are you silent..."

The weapon for all its worth just continued to cut things down.

"TALK TO ME!" Yen screams, cutting the last target into a dozen pieces

"Fine" A soft voice was heard over his shoulder "But you do something for me first. I don't work for free"

Yen blinks as his blade falls from his hand, clattering to the ground

"Why....what?"

The voice sounded annoyed suddenly "Don't drop me! The price is triple...I want a pie. Get it for me and we'll talk."

Yen just stood, his mouth agap

"A..a pie!? Are you an idiot?! Your a...a sword! How can you eat a pie!?"

"I don't want to eat it moron!" The voice snapped "I just want one, to see it! Now get it for me!"

Yen fell to his knees as the voice departed, panting heavily as his training suddenly caught up with him.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-06-24, 06:42 AM
That is partially true.

But if your men are attacked by somthing they cannot defeat, then you must be willing to lay down you life to defeat that enemy. This is especially true when you remember that a Captain generally has more power than their entire Division put together. You must not abuse this power, or else you are one of the lowest forms of life.

Willingness to place themselves in threat's path is a Shinigami's duty regardless of rank or who may, or may not, be present.

horngeek
2009-06-24, 06:46 AM
But it becomes even more important the more powerful you are.

Daisuke turns to the students. Remember this. But at the same time, remember that you should not risk yourself unnessesarially. The completion of your duty is more important than your own pride.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-06-24, 06:51 AM
The completion of your duty is more important than your own pride.

With a fresh grin, "I could not agree more."

Sucrose
2009-06-24, 10:54 PM
Yen had wandered into one of the training fields, drawing his zanpaktou, swiftly moving through the targets, muttering as he missed a stroke, cursing as one of the targets struck him in the chest or face. More then once he would slide back on his butt, cursing loudly before leaping back up and slicing the "foe" in half

"Get stronger...*gasp* Must...get stronger. Show all of em..."

He raised a hand, a blast of spirit energy striking it down

"No...not good enough. Should have been burned completly down. Why won't you talk to me....Horo-sha....why are you silent..."

The weapon for all its worth just continued to cut things down.

"TALK TO ME!" Yen screams, cutting the last target into a dozen pieces

"Fine" A soft voice was heard over his shoulder "But you do something for me first. I don't work for free"

Yen blinks as his blade falls from his hand, clattering to the ground

"Why....what?"

The voice sounded annoyed suddenly "Don't drop me! The price is triple...I want a pie. Get it for me and we'll talk."

Yen just stood, his mouth agap

"A..a pie!? Are you an idiot?! Your a...a sword! How can you eat a pie!?"

"I don't want to eat it moron!" The voice snapped "I just want one, to see it! Now get it for me!"

Yen fell to his knees as the voice departed, panting heavily as his training suddenly caught up with him.

A wandering figure pulls his nose out of a book about the complexities of the Dragon defense. His face breaking into a quiet smile, he offers Yen a hand up.

"What has you so fired up, Yen-sempai? It's not often that you push yourself this far. ...Now that I think about it, I think I remember you mentioning something about pie; would you like some?"

Innis Cabal
2009-06-24, 10:57 PM
Yen looks up from the ground, panting, his chest heaving

"Sieg-kun! This damn thing wants a pie...it can't even eat it! But it wants one. Then it'll tell me its name."

"Shut up"

"You shut up!"

Yen holds a hand out to the other young man, grinning wildly

"And what are you doing wandering around huh? Not like you to just take walks around. Toho-san said...if I wanted to see my dreams I had to fight for them. So I am...i'm going to get stronger and earn the respect of everyone around me."

Sucrose
2009-06-24, 11:18 PM
Siegfried pulls him up, and nods.

"Oh; your zanpaktou's talking to you? Congratulations! Um, I'm out because Daisuke-sensei insisted that it's unbalanced to spend spend all of one's time cooped up reading. So, now I'm outside reading."

He grins a bit at his mild joke.

"As for what Toho-san said... I guess that's good advice. Maybe I'll try to follow it too, a bit."

Innis Cabal
2009-06-24, 11:22 PM
"I was going to go steal a pie....and pick up Aka-chan. Wanna come?"

Yen gives a lopsided grin, bowing slightly at the compliment

Sucrose
2009-06-24, 11:31 PM
Siegfried's smile grows a bit wider.

"Sure; I'll be your lookout!"

Innis Cabal
2009-06-26, 09:22 PM
Yen runs along the roofs of Soul Society, muttering under his breath

"Stupid thing making me work...*Louder* Hey Sieg?! You there? Can you sense Aka-chan?"

Sucrose
2009-06-26, 09:31 PM
A moment later, Siegfried taps him on the shoulder and waves.

"I got away too, Yen-sempai. Sorry for missing Captain Giriko. ...He's a lot stealthier than you'd think."

He thinks for a moment, then points to his right.

"I think Akako-sempai is over there."

Innis Cabal
2009-06-26, 09:55 PM
Yen laughs, nodding

"We should pay her a visit then. We should take her along for this...and blame it on her!"

Yen jumps down from the roof, running through several houses and exiting on the street, looking around

Sucrose
2009-06-26, 10:01 PM
Siegfried grins and jumps down to a side street, using a quick series of alleys to catch up to Yen.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-26, 10:29 PM
Yen nods once

"We're going to have to sneak into the dorms I think...you up for that?"

Sucrose
2009-06-26, 10:36 PM
Siegfried shrugs.

"Why not? We're in trouble already. In for a penny, in for a pound. Do you have a plan, Yen-sempai?"

Innis Cabal
2009-06-26, 11:08 PM
Yen sighs, kicking his friend in the back of the leg and shouting

"KUN! Yen-Kun!!! And of course I have a plan. We're going to set off fireworks at the entrance. You said you'd be the distraction. now get to it. I'll go snag Aka-chan!"

Yen gives a wicked smile

"Can't wait to see her face. Oh, and don't get caught."

Sucrose
2009-06-26, 11:29 PM
"Fine, fine, Yen-kun, then!" Siegfried yelps.

"Wait... fireworks? ...Oh dear. I really shouldn't have agreed, should I?"

He sighs, and starts running toward the front of the dorms, going over which kido would produce the loudest boom, the brightest colors... and the longest range, so he'd have a decent chance of running after getting the proctors out.

After a moment to find cover, he's decided on Hado #31: Shakkaho. Behind a small market stand, he begins mumbling the incantation.

"Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south! Hado #31: Shakkaho!"

He points his arm upward, and fires a shot into the sky.

Yen-sem... Yen-kun, please work quickly.

Innis Cabal
2009-06-26, 11:36 PM
Yen waited for the distraction, running along the roof tops untill he found the right room, slamming loudly on the window

"Oi Oi!!! Aka-chan! Come out and play!! We've gotta move fast. Bet you they got Sieg-kun by now! Come on come on!!"