PDA

View Full Version : Shade of a Blood Tree

TempesT
2009-06-21, 12:59 AM
Several weeks ago, all of you one way or another had found a notice.

Hear Ye!, Hear Ye!

The Honorable Duke Charles the IX, has proclaimed that all strong in arm should rise up to maintain and protect our prospering lands from the foul evils that wish to take it. Any man who does this will be repaid in full for his rightious deeds. To see out these deeds, go to the town of Neom and speak to Sherif Jeffrey Nobs.

Long Live Charles!

In other news...

Now in the present you are all waiting outside the Neom barracks. Neom itself is a quiet city on the banks of the river Neomian for which it is named. It is a smallish sized city, with most basic necesities,docks, markets, barracks, a temple to Pelor, and a school of the arcane arts.. Surrounding it is a dense forest outside of the farmlands around the city. Bursting out of the barracks, a haggard Sherif Nobs.

Let me see here, well your lot seems to be Charles's 'Protectors', Lets get to the chase, I've lost half my milita in last months to disease, combat, misconduct, you name it. Charles hasn't actualy noticed this developement until now, so you'll be taking a fair share of the workload until the ranks can be bolstered again. For a while now we've been busy taking care of the bare minimum of the city's defences, allowing the local orc tribes to expand their territory well into ten miles from the city, raids increasing, farmers killed, You know, the thing that get me fired. So to stop this, I charge you with the duty of stopping some of the patroling orc bands that are harrasing the locals.
From the stories ive heard there are three groups. Take care of them and i'll give you what little is left of our coffers, and some downtime. Any Questions?

Jair Barik
2009-06-21, 01:08 AM
The brave Alain de Reil steps forward first, clad neck down in full plate male his beard coming down just to his chin.

"It would be an honour to serve the Duke sir and you have both my sword and my spirit at your command. Yet I must ask a question that bothers me greatly. What has happenned to cause such a decline in the protectors? Beyond that all I need know is where these Orcs are dwelling that we need smite."

TempesT
2009-06-21, 01:18 AM
Nobs shakes his head saying, As far as where the damned orcs are, your guess is as good as mine, they move thier camps every week or so. My loss in milita men, oh a nice variety of low wages, disease, and a wanning support from the military has left us spralling, and we have simply not had the chance to stand back up. He then says as leaning on the barracks lighting his pipe.

Darius
2009-06-21, 02:28 AM
Aldarin Sojourn

The unarmored elf steps forward, "Some money is more than what I have at the moment; plus, if someone doesn't help, I am sure that the orcs will not be so kind to offer up any type of job any of us here would want. Since it seems I have lost my equipment playing bones, might I request some loaned equipment for our travel, Sir Sherif?"

Jair Barik
2009-06-21, 02:45 AM
Alain frowns and then turns to Aldarin
"A noble intention elf. What may I ask is your name? Surely you realize that gambling is no way to lead a life?"

Jaxon
2009-06-21, 02:57 AM
Silas

The grey robed mage speaks:"Exactly what kind of payment would we receive for performing this task?" he asks the sheriff.

jaberwok
2009-06-21, 03:25 AM
The last elf, a lanky fellow carrying a bow and a rapier, shifts his weight from one foot to the other. "Orcs, you say?" He looks around, up at the sky, then back to the sheriff. "Sounds exciting. Dangerous." He looks off into the distance again. "Although, I doubt they have anything... interesting."

Jair Barik
2009-06-21, 05:32 AM
Alain gives a hearty laugh and turns to the mage
"What is gold my learned friend if we are all murdered by Orc's and have no where to spend it? What was your name by the way I don't think you said it?"

Jaxon
2009-06-21, 06:51 AM
Silas

Silas turns to face the armoured warrior, eyes narrowed ever so slightly. "I am Silas Lynse, Enchanter. Who in the hells are you?"

Jair Barik
2009-06-21, 07:03 AM
"Alain de Reil, Cleric of Heironeous. It will be an honour to fight evil for him in defense of Pelor. You can trust on me to keep you all well, I assure you of that."

TempesT
2009-06-21, 07:34 AM
The sherif scratches his chin, after counting on his fingers says,

Hmmm, loan gear, well just so happens we happen to have extra equipment now that Martins is out of the job, here give me a second. He then walks inside and appears in a couple minutes. Here you go, basic necessities and not much more.He hands you a sack that contains:
5 days of rations
Full waterskin
5 torches
2 sticks of chalk
50 ft. hemp rope w/grappleing hook
Bedroll
Some armor maintainence gear
crowbar
You can pay for it and keep it later or you can return it and buy some gear from Ronald at the general store. Ethier way it doesn't matter to me.
And as for you getting paid: acess to the armory, money, I.O.U., what ever pleases your fancy.

Jair Barik
2009-06-21, 08:24 AM
Alain turns to the sheriff "hmmmm what sort of things do you have in the armoury, the basics or anything more exotic and rare?"

jaberwok
2009-06-21, 11:16 AM
Darohon says mildly, "If they had anything more "exotic", they wouldn't need us to deal with those orcs. Darohon Taltaar, by the way." He gives a small bow, and looks sideways at the sheriff. "Where were they last seen?"

Jair Barik
2009-06-21, 12:18 PM
Alain chortles quietly "ah but what use is a catapult if you have nobody who knows how to operate it? A vorpal blade is a mighty weapon but in the hands of a peasant is of little use against a dragon, a scroll may have arcan might but what is it without a wizard to read it? Yet you speak wisely of the Orcs my friend. If we don't know where they are it is smart to go to where they were."

OoC: Hope you appreciate my choice of vocab jaberwok :smallwink:

TempesT
2009-06-21, 03:21 PM
After a long sigh, the sherif turns to DarohonThe last time we've seen or heard of the orcs was at least a month ago. Down by Jacob's Farmsted, to the east, rumor was that farmer Jacob's crop was attracting the local tribes intrist. For weeks the sightings of orcs doubled at least, in that area. If I was to go anywhere, I would start there. If you do go there please check on Jacob and his family, he hasn't come to market for two weeks now. Turning to Alain,The elf is right, if we had enchanted or 'exotic' weapons we would have used them, and if I did happen upon a vorpal blade, It wouldn't be in the hands of a peasent, it would be in mine. Nothing beside ammunition would help your lot from the looks of your gear. But still the offer stands. Goodday Sirs...If you need further assitance, please seek me here at the barracks. The Sherif then walks over to a group of archers positioned on the city walls.

jaberwok
2009-06-21, 03:44 PM
Darohon looks east. "Well, let's go check in on good farmer Jacob, then." Darohon starts off, then stops suddenly, looking thoughtful. "I wonder if he has any beautiful daughters in need of rescue..." Shaking his head, he starts moving again with a sigh. "Even if he did, they'd probably be human... or dwarves."

[[OOC: Vorpal Sword?! EEEK! :smallbiggrin:]]

d13
2009-06-21, 04:40 PM
Laban

After listening to the words of everyone present, a tall man, sporting a simple Chain Shirt, with a heavy chain over his shoulder, steps in.
"I could probably track their way, if I remember something of my days at the wilderness. Besides, those are merely orcs... They do not know of the subtler ways of our elf friends..." Giving a small bow at the elves present. "...or those of the little folk, though I don't see any of them here. They seem to care to destroy everything they step on."

Laban takes a look at everyone in the eyes.

"If you want me to be your guide, or at least try to, it would be my pleasure."
Pausing a little to catch his breath and assess the situation.
"The name's Tíriel, by the way. Laban Tíriel"

TempesT
2009-06-21, 06:18 PM
OOC: So do you want to stay a while longer or make your way to Jacob's farm?

jaberwok
2009-06-21, 06:45 PM
"Ah, a tracker of people... I suppose that could also be useful." Darohon smiles crookedly. "Lead the way, good Laban!"

[[OOC: Darohon's ready to go!]]

Darius
2009-06-21, 10:15 PM
Alain frowns and then turns to Aldarin
"A noble intention elf. What may I ask is your name? Surely you realize that gambling is no way to lead a life?"

Aldarin Sojourn

Turning to Alain, "You can call me Aldarin. Surely you realize that gambling is a way to end one's life...especially if one takes one's chances by judging those that do not appreciate it," the elf says with a smile. It is difficult to determine if Aldarin was angry or joking.

He listens in and nods at strange times as if listening to both the conversations that are going on and those from a different source. When the sheriff provides him with the basic necessities package, the elf smiles, and shakes the sheriff's hand. "Now, it is binding."

As the group departs, Aladarin turns at Laban's comments about 'mere orcs' and grimaces, "Mere orcs, you say? Perhaps if you had been listening, you would have deduced that these mere orcs have befuddled an entire well equipped garrison. Ye best wake up before this dream of yours turns into a nightmare. If you want to guide me, let me know where it is you are leading, for I would not wish to be lead to my slaughter."

jaberwok
2009-06-21, 10:57 PM
Darohon Taltaar

"Just because the garrison has a lot of equipment doesn't mean its men are competent," Darohon remarks. "As the sheriff pointed out, they've got problems closer to home to deal with."

d13
2009-06-21, 11:09 PM
Laban Tíriel

Laban smiles at the elf named Darohon.

"A little more than a mere tracker, I'd like to say, but that would be enough for the moment".

When Aladrin addresses Laban, he turns to look at him while answering.

"Perhaps, if you had been listening, you would have deducted that I was talking about their awareness in the art of being subtle. At any rate, I pretty much recall the garrison has been hampered by disease and misconduct, besides the raids and fights."

Laban gives a very cold look at the elf, erasing the smile of his own face.

"And if nightmares are the worst thing this beasts can give me, then this is not going to be that bad".

Turns to the rest of the party.

"Off to this Jacob's place, or do we have something more important to do here?"

Darius
2009-06-22, 01:27 AM
Aldarin Sojourn

Aldarin simple makes a single scoffing sound at the words of Darohon and Laban and rolls his eyes. He then says, "You said it," under his breath to no one in particular. However, he does follow the group as they file out.

Jair Barik
2009-06-22, 02:17 AM
Alain follows the group out giving a last quick bow to the sheriff as he leaves then turning to the rest of the party.

"If as you suggest they are indeed no mere orcs and we can't track them then a plan occurs to me, two in fact. We either go to another prosperous farm and wait to ambush them, leave a few survivors and track them, or we remain at the farm until they strike again and we do the same."

Jaxon
2009-06-22, 05:03 AM
Silas

A small smile crosses Silas' face for a moment at his new companions' verbal fencing.

"Very well then, let's be on our way to this Jacob's farmstead."

TempesT
2009-06-22, 02:04 PM
The party then made there way east to the farm. The roads were smaller dirt roads, surronded by a thick forest on all sides, in ruin compared to the roads conecting the city to its vital trade routes. They had treked for three hours when (everyone roll listen & spot checks)

d13
2009-06-22, 02:07 PM
Laban Tíriel

[roll0]
[roll1]

Add +2 to both of them (25 and 26) if spotting/listening to Orcs.

OOC: Well... Not that bad xD

Jair Barik
2009-06-22, 02:09 PM
Spot- [roll0]
listen[roll1]

TempesT
2009-06-22, 02:10 PM
Laban,Aldaran, Alain

You see the hidden forms of 4 orcs hidding in the underbrush 2 to the north and 2 to the south.

You still get the same result w/enemy bonus.

Darohon & Silas

You hear the rustling of leaves coming from both sides of the road but cannot identify the source.
OOC: dont do anything until everyone responds. (woot 2 pages!)

jaberwok
2009-06-22, 02:17 PM
Dice Rolls for the DM:
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Jaxon
2009-06-22, 05:06 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

TempesT
2009-06-22, 08:33 PM
Sorry forgot to mention, edit your rolls for spot to include inititive after seeing your results.

d13
2009-06-22, 08:59 PM
Sorry forgot to mention, edit your rolls for spot to include inititive after seeing your results.

You can't roll dice in edited posts so...

[roll0]

OOC: How far ahead are the orcs? Are they waiting for anyone to pass through, or are they aware and waiting for US?

Spot check if needed
[roll1]

At any rate, after everyone's Listen and Spot checks:

Readying his bow, Laban motions to halt the party.

"Orcs ahead. I see two across, north side and two on the east side. Seems like a random ambush, but don't get overconfident."

Darius
2009-06-22, 10:19 PM
Aldarin Sojourn

Accustomed to walking, Aldarin keeps to himself. It seems he is lost in thought, but nods and shakes his head to himself on many occasions.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Stat Block:

AC 20 (touch 14/flat 16)
HP 22

Fort: +5
Ref: +6
Will: +6

[roll2]

effects:
inertial armor (+6 armor bonus)

TempesT
2009-06-22, 10:43 PM
Aldarin Sojourn

effects:

No, you never said this was cast before hand. It hasn't been cast yet.

for those who can see the orcs.

40 ft ahead and 10ft from the road.

OOC:Will start combat whe inititives are posted.

jaberwok
2009-06-22, 10:56 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Jaxon
2009-06-23, 12:09 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Jair Barik
2009-06-23, 02:23 AM
Initiative [roll0]

TempesT
2009-06-23, 08:56 AM
Round 1

Order of inititive. Aldarin->Jabberwok->Orcs->Alain->Silas->Laban

Darius
2009-06-23, 02:46 PM
B]Aldarin Sojourn[/B]

Quietly, Aldarin moves into the woods to the south ([roll0] and [roll1] and lines up the two pairs for his psionic blast. An audible shriek like that of a bird is heard as the four orcs' minds are assaulted.

All orcs - Will save DC 19 or stunned for 1 round.

Stat Block:

AC 20 (touch 14/flat 16)
HP 22

[roll2]

effects:

TempesT
2009-06-23, 03:20 PM
Orcs see the party as well as Aldarin sneaking into the woods.

The 2 orcs to the south brace their heads and scream from the pain of the mental attack, the other 2 to the north are unaffected.

d13
2009-06-23, 03:50 PM
Orcs see the party as well as Aldarin sneaking into the woods.

The 2 orcs to the south brace their heads and scream from the pain of the mental attack, the other 2 to the north are unaffected.

OOC: Wouldn't it be wiser to wait until everyone has post(ed?) their actions and then make some sort of review?
It'd be less confusing, at the least xD

TempesT
2009-06-23, 04:04 PM
Hmm. that is true. Meh . Kool ill do that now.

Jair Barik
2009-06-23, 04:17 PM
For DM

If the orcs stay roughly together i'll cast Soundburst on them when it gets to me targeting as many as I can without hitting our guys for [roll0] damage and stunning for one round if they fail a DC 15 fort save.

If I can't hit more than 1 then i'll draw my sword. If any of them reach me then instead of casting i'll draw my sword and attack [roll1] to hit [roll2] damage.

Darius
2009-06-23, 09:02 PM
ooc:

OOC: Wouldn't it be wiser to wait until everyone has post(ed?) their actions and then make some sort of review?
It'd be less confusing, at the least xD

Since Aldarin went first, it makes sense to me. Plus, pbp takes so long, it is usually better to dm on the fly - posting as posters post (if that makes sense) and back track and fill in when it comes to slower posters. Just my humble opinion drawn from several years of experience at this thing. Take it for what you will.

also - do we want to use the recruitment thread as our OOC thread so we don't have to put things like this here?

TempesT
2009-06-23, 09:52 PM
For DM

If the hobgoblins stay roughly together i'll cast Soundburst on them when it gets to me targeting as many as I can without hitting our guys for [roll0] damage and stunning for one round if they fail a DC 15 fort save.

If I can't hit more than 1 then i'll draw my sword. If any of them reach me then instead of casting i'll draw my sword and attack [roll1] to hit [roll2] damage.

you mean orcs? the two groups are right next to each other so i guess you can use soundburst, Please just post when it comes to your turn, just to make it simple as well as deciding what you are going to do before rolling.

Yes we will use the reqrutment forum for ooc from now on , and ya, on the fly dming does sound a little better.

jaberwok
2009-06-23, 11:42 PM
Darohon draws his bow, and fires at the closer of the now visible screaming orcs.

Dice:
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] (sneak attack if within 30': [roll2])

Darius
2009-06-24, 12:01 AM
ooc:

Yes we will use the reqrutment forum for ooc from now on , and ya, on the fly dming does sound a little better.

Then, Tempest, you will want to change the first post's tag line of the recruitment thread to say something like Shade of a Blood Tree OOC; otherwise, you'll be getting more recruits.

TempesT
2009-06-24, 09:50 AM
The arrow flew straight and impaled the orc in the leg(-10speed). It takes 2 damage.

The other two Scream a battle cry and charge forward closing with Darohon and Alain. They both swing thier great axes(Darohon)[roll0] and (Alain)[roll1]. Doing damage (Darohon)[roll2] and (Alain)[roll3].

TempesT
2009-06-24, 09:54 AM
:O ok: roll for crits (Darohon)[roll0] (Alain)[roll1]
If it crits Darohon 21 damage and Alain 12 damage.

TempesT
2009-06-24, 09:57 AM
Nope didn't crit, Darohon suffers a mighty blow from the howling orc (7 damage), at the same time the other strikes Alain in the chest(4 damage)

Jair Barik
2009-06-24, 10:01 AM
OOC:Actually I think he does crit me...
My AC is 21 precisely...
I've already rolled my counter attack though

TempesT
2009-06-24, 02:13 PM
well I use the "Defender gets the upper hand" Risk rule, AC defends anything equal to or below it.

So no you do not get 'hit', by the 'crit'.

Jaxon
2009-06-24, 05:22 PM
Silas swiftly draws a wand from his belt and barks "Sieras". Two bolts of glowing crimson energy streak forth and slam into one of the orcs still reeling from Aldarin's psionic blast.

Wand of Magic Missile, Damage: [roll0]

d13
2009-06-24, 07:56 PM
Laban Tíriel

Stat Block

HP: 47
AC: 16 (touch 12, flatfooted 14)
Fortitude +9, Reflex +7, Will +3

If the Orc that Silas blasted didn't fall, Laban attacks him with his bow. If it falled, Laban attacks the other one that was catched on Aldarin's Psionic blast.

"A raiding band, huh?"

Rapid Shooting (+2 Favoured Enemy, -2 Rapid Shot):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

If Crits:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Full Round Action: Full Attack + Rapid Shot
Free Action: Speak

TempesT
2009-06-24, 09:47 PM
The Three arrow find there mark slaying one of the orcs and wounding the other. One of the Orcs sees Laban firing and takes a swing at him.

[poiler]To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If crit[roll2][/spoiler]

OOC: no it is an ambush/highwaymen stealing from the trade routes, raids in my opinion are usualy 10-20 Orcs, but anyways.

Jair Barik
2009-06-25, 02:30 AM
Alain moves to the Orc and swings at it with his longsword.
damage[roll1]
edit. critical hit [roll]1d20+7

Darius
2009-06-25, 08:42 AM
Aldarin Sojourn

Aldarin moves behind a tree to use for cover and readies himself.

ready action:

If attacked, attacker gets mind thrusted: Will DC 19 or [roll0] damage

Stat Block:

AC 20 (touch 14/flat 16)
HP 22

25/40 PP

[roll2]

effects:

TempesT
2009-06-25, 09:40 AM
The screaming orc comes back around and rushes toward Aldarin and is impaled by the mind thrust. Fort[roll0]

TempesT
2009-06-25, 09:47 AM
The orcs brain implodes out onto the trees behind as it falls to the ground.

The other two orcs continue thier melee with the rest of the party,

Alain to hit[roll0], Damage [roll1],

Darohon to hit[roll2],Damage [roll3]

Jair Barik
2009-06-25, 10:18 AM
Alain continues to fight with the Orcs

Have any of my actions been resolved? I'm unsure whether this is my second turn or third turn but I'm sure I must have attacked something by now. If not I guess I'll roll for another attack. [roll0] and damage [roll1]

jaberwok
2009-06-25, 12:49 PM
Darohon:

2nd turn action: If the orc that hit him is still up, he will drop his bow, draw his rapier, and stab the orc in front of him. He will then try to tumble into flanking position.

Rolls:

attack: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

tumble roll: [roll2]

TempesT
2009-06-25, 02:19 PM
ummmn we are waaay out of order but Alian succesfuly guts the orc as blood spews from its maw, them slumps to the ground, Darohon slashes the orc and rolls behind the orc putting Alain on the other side.

The orc shouts as he turns to attack Darohon, [roll0] Damage[roll1]

d13
2009-06-25, 05:59 PM
OOC: So... Initiative has messed up, but now is Silas turn and then mine, isn't it?

Jaxon
2009-06-25, 10:29 PM
Silas raises his wand once more and a pair of crimson balls of energy slam into the sole remaining orc.

Wand of Magic Missile Damage: [roll0]

jaberwok
2009-06-25, 11:26 PM
Darohon:

3rd turn action: If the orc that swung at him is still up, then he'll use the flank provided by Alain to sneak attack him. If the orcs that were in melee are all dead, instead Darohon will wipe his blade on the clothing of one of the dead orcs, before sheathing it and picking up his bow.

Rolls:

attack: [roll0] damage: [roll1] + [roll2] sneak attack

jaberwok
2009-06-26, 01:51 AM
Rolls to Confirm the Crit:
Attack: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

TempesT
2009-06-26, 10:29 AM
Ya inititive is out of wack, you killed the orc, give me a while to get exp. and treasure and then ill post it up.

Experience:450

Treasure:
857gp
2 oval amber stones (100gp each)
Sparkling Aquamarine(400gp)
Star Ruby(1400gp)
4 chain shirts
4 great axes
6 trail rations.

jaberwok
2009-06-26, 08:15 PM
Darohon Taltaar

"It would seem that Aldarin is correct," Darohon frowns to himself as he wipes his rapier of blood and sheaths it. "These orcs more organized than I would have expected." He picks up his bow from where he dropped it, and slings it over a shoulder. "How shall we divide this?" he asks, pointing to the stuff gathered from the orc's bodies. "The stones are quite pretty, and can be good for gaining a lady's attentions."

Jair Barik
2009-06-27, 01:59 AM
"Perhaps if we put everything of value in a bag and divided the loot at a later stage, when things are easier to split.

Jaxon
2009-06-27, 05:07 AM
"Agreed. Let us be on our way then" Silas says, tucking his wand back into his belt.

jaberwok
2009-06-27, 12:08 PM
Darohon

Treasure:
857gp
2 oval amber stones (100gp each)
Sparkling Aquamarine(400gp)
Star Ruby(1400gp)
4 chain shirts
4 great axes
6 trail rations.

Darohon pulls off his backpack, and sets it onto the ground. Opening the left side pouch, he shifts everything out of it to the right side pouch, then wraps the gems in a piece of cloth before placing them carefully into the now empty side pouch. The gold goes into a sack, which then follows the gems in. He frowns at the armor, weapons, and trail rations. "What about these? They're heavy, and take up a lot of room."

d13
2009-06-27, 02:38 PM
Laban

Laban rests his bow, and starts looking for arrows, to see if any of the ones that were fired survived.
Regular arrows/bolts have a 50% chance of breaking upon impact

After that he looks at the collected loot.

"Agreed with the gem stuff."

"Anyway, I think our current equipment is in much better shape than that stuff. If we can't find means to lift and carry those easily, we should leave it here, bury it or something along those lines.
Maybe we can keep the food, though I can't trust Orc food enough, y'know?"

jaberwok
2009-06-28, 09:56 AM
Darohon

"I don't think I'd trust my life to them, either. They stay, unless someone else wants to carry them." Darohon stands, slipping his pack back on. He looks thoughtfully at Laban."Can you follow their tracks back to wherever they came from? They've been so nice as to set up an ambush for us; I would love to return the favor."

Jair Barik
2009-06-28, 01:58 PM
"Indeed, fate has given us a great opportunity, we should seize it."

d13
2009-06-28, 06:37 PM
Laban

"I could certainly try. Still..."

Laban readies his chain.

"Off we go"

[roll0]
Following tracks at full speed ~

EDIT 2: Add +2 for Favoured Enemy (Orc) at the check. I forgot to add that bonus to the skill check.

TempesT
2009-06-28, 11:15 PM
you follow the tracks through the forest, but night is quickly falling and wolves howls can be heard, Do you wish to make camp or continue to track the orcs?

OOC:srry i haven't posted for a while, and once again im going to be sorry, starting tuesday,I wont be posting for a week or so while on vacation. If there is any way to make it up i will.

jaberwok
2009-06-29, 02:17 AM
"How much further?" Darohon asks. "If their camp isn't nearby, perhaps we should continue in the morning."

OOC:
a. No worries about being on vacation! Thanks for the warning about it; I won't expect any posts next week.

b. What phase of the moon is it? If it's full moon, the elves (and anyone else with lowlight) can see just fine; if it's quarter moon or less, Darohon will pull out an Everburning Torch.

Jair Barik
2009-06-29, 02:18 AM
"The trail may go cold if we wait too long but sleep is a valuable necessity, we must rest I think"

Darius
2009-06-29, 03:03 PM
Aldarin

That should cover my loan well enough, Aldarin thinks to himself.

Yes, Aldarin, it most certainly will. Well done.

"We should be careful, for orcs prefer the night. The woods here block the sun, so I would guess, that must be why they have chosen the place in the shade to ambush thsoe that travel. It matters little to me either way, but that attack drained me of some of my personal power. I do not require much rest, and can be ready in four hours time.

d13
2009-06-29, 05:24 PM
Laban

"The footprints still continue for a while. If y'all wanna rest, then I won't say no. At any rate, I don't like those howls so, if we're staying, we should light a campfire."

With his eyes reflecting the wilderness in a way that can't be said if it's because of the woods you're travelling or because of the years of living in this kind of environments, Laban looks at everyone in the eyes.

"I can certainly keep following the tracks tomorrow, but don't expect we could go at this same speed. Still, I cannot see in the darkness, so if we want to keep moving, we should do it now."

"...Your call."

jaberwok
2009-06-29, 11:04 PM
"Let's continue, then!" Darohon once again smiles his goofy smile. He then pulls and everburning torch out of his backpack, and ties it to his belt. "Ready when you are."

Darius
2009-06-30, 11:54 AM
Aldarin

"Very well. Let us go. Lead on, Laban, if you please."

d13
2009-06-30, 05:25 PM
Laban

"Off we go, then. Darohon, with me. That light is everything that will keep us from getting lost, in a few minutes".

Taking 10 on a Survival check for a total of 24*, and moving at half speed, just in case.

* 10 + 8 (ranks) + 2 (wis mod) + 2 (know nature synergy) + 2 (fav. enemy Orc)

jaberwok
2009-07-01, 12:25 AM
Darohon

Darohon nods, and follows a few feet behind Laban and slightly to his left.

OOC:I'm not sure we can go much further without the DM, so I'll see all of you next week! Looking forward to continuing our hunt.

jaberwok
2009-07-02, 11:03 PM
OOC:

Also, sorry to double post, but due to a family issue I'll be driving to see my parents and grandparents this weekend. I'll hopefully be able to check the game during that time, but I may be MIA until Tuesday.

I'm back!

TempesT
2009-07-07, 05:48 PM
ok guys good to be back.

You all make your way through the forest(new moon but the skies are clear and stars provide sight to those who have lowlight-vision).

After some time you happen upon the orc's camp (make spot checks).

Darius
2009-07-07, 06:35 PM
Aldarin Sojourn

The nomad continues along with the others as quietly as he can. He looks around with the aid of the moonlight and his elven eyes.

[roll0]

Stat Block:

AC 20 (touch 14/flat 16)
HP 22

25/40 PP

[roll2]

effects:

jaberwok
2009-07-07, 07:38 PM
Darohon:

Upon spotting the camp, Darohon tucks the everburning torch into his pack. "So as not to unnecessarily announce our presence," he whispers to Laban.

Dice:
Spot check: [roll0] *ugh, damn preview mode*OOC:Welcome back! Hope you had a happy holiday weekend.

jaberwok
2009-07-07, 07:40 PM
*sigh*

Dice:

Jaxon
2009-07-08, 08:33 PM
Silas draws his wand as they approach the orc camp.

d13
2009-07-09, 12:18 AM
Laban

Barely figuring out where his companions are, Laban pants and readies his chain.

"I can't see a thing. This is not good at all."

If there's light at the orc camp, I should be able to see there.
[roll0] ... 32 if I'm spotting orcs.

Not bad at all :smalltongue:

Jair Barik
2009-07-09, 02:23 AM
"I shall stay back till you need me, this armour makes stealth impossible" Whispers Alain

TempesT
2009-07-09, 11:11 PM
ok you all see the orcs camp, it is roughly laid out in a circle around a campfire in the middle. for now you can see two orcs standing gaurd, there are five other tents.

the camp is about 120 feet away, but the orcs have made a clearing 30 feet out from the camp. the dense forest gives you a +2 to hide, but gives you a
-2 to move silently.(for every movement action make a hide/move silently check (doing this so you can see how close you can get to the camp before alerting the sentries))

jaberwok
2009-07-10, 12:25 AM
Darohon

Darohon points to himself, and then points left. He then points at Silas, and motions to the right. He finally gestures at Laban and Alain, and points straight at the camp. After doing this, he puts a finger vertically across his mouth, and then starts slowly and (hopefully) quietly making his way through the forest to the left, spiraling slowly closer to the camp.

OOC:
Darohon is attempting to slowly make his way towards the camp, but from the left. His bow is out, and he is ready to fire if the orcs come into the trees. If he hears anyone make noise, he'll immediately freeze, and watch for a reaction from the guards.

Move Silently (at -2): [roll0]
Hide (at +2): [roll1]

d13
2009-07-10, 02:58 PM
Laban Tíriel
HP: 47/47
AC: 16 (touch 12, flatfooted 14)

Laban nods at Darohon, tightening the grip on his chain, as he disappears and motions Alain to follow him as quietly as possible. Then, he starts making his way towards the camp, trying to find the less noisy way.
If he listens something, he will freeze and try to perceive any reaction from the.

[roll0] (for what it takes...)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] (+2 if Orcs)
[roll4] (+2 if Orcs)

OOC: Dammit. Nice rolls xD

Jaxon
2009-07-10, 04:29 PM
Silas nodds at Darohon and begins to circle right around the camp, drawing his wand as he goes.

Hide:
Move Silently: [roll]120+4

Jaxon
2009-07-10, 10:23 PM
Move Silently: [roll0]

Darius
2009-07-11, 01:34 AM
Darohon points to himself, and then points left. He then points at Silas, and motions to the right. He finally gestures at Laban and Alain, and points straight at the camp. After doing this, he puts a finger vertically across his mouth, and then starts slowly and (hopefully) quietly making his way through the forest to the left, spiraling slowly closer to the camp.

Aldarin

The elf watches Darohon intently as he goes through his signals and forrows his brow as he realizes that he is not included on the raid. Shrugging his shoulders, he stays by Allain but moves to keep a tree between him and the orcs.

Stat Block:

AC 20 (touch 14/flat 16)
HP 22

25/40 PP

[roll2]

effects:

Jaxon
2009-07-11, 07:05 AM
Silas stops moving and watches the orc guards, ready to cast a spell of sleep should they notice the party (readied action).

TempesT
2009-07-11, 10:05 PM
The party encroches upon the camp, and the two orcs still stand sentry.

jaberwok
2009-07-12, 01:46 AM
Darohon
hp: 23/30
AC: 19 (touch:14, flat:19)
Fort: +2, Refl: +8, Will: +1

Darohon continues to slowly and quietly approach the camp, looking ahead for a good spot to ambush the orcs from the underbrush of the forest.

OOC:
Darohon is attempting to slowly make his way towards the camp, but from the left. His bow is out, and he is ready to fire if the orcs come into the trees. If he hears anyone make noise, he'll immediately freeze, and watch for a reaction from the guards. He is also looking for a spot near the tree line from which he can hide and snipe.

Move Silently (at -2): [roll0]
Hide (at +2): [roll1]

Spot: [roll2]

Darius
2009-07-12, 11:21 PM
Aldarin

Waiting patiently back by the armored Alain, Aldarin remains calm.

ooc: Initiative if needed [roll0] +1 more (fogot about gloves) = 24

Stat Block:

AC 20 (touch 14/flat 16)
HP 22

25/40 PP

[roll2]

effects:

d13
2009-07-12, 11:55 PM
Laban

With his blood boiling in his veins, and wanting to charge the fouls beasts, Laban nevertheless continues to slowly make his way through the dense forest.

[roll0] (just in case)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] (extra +2 if orcs)
[roll4] (extra +2 if orcs)

Jaxon
2009-07-13, 01:50 AM
OOC: How close to the camp are we?

Stat Block:
AC: 14 (flat footed/touch: 12)
HP: 19/19
Fort: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +6

TempesT
2009-07-13, 12:45 PM
OOC: sorry for taking so long.

The party successfuly makes it to the edge of the clearing the tents are 30 feet away from the edge.
What will they do now?

Jaxon
2009-07-14, 05:22 PM
Silas gestures and chants quietly, gathering the energy for a spell. He releases it, directing it at the two orc guards.

Sleep spell: Will save, DC 14 to resist

d13
2009-07-14, 05:51 PM
Laban

Laban frowns at his stupidity. Acting without a plan (though logically) wouldn't help them at all. And it was just what they were doing.

Trusting his partner Darohon, and waiting for him to do something, Laban remains hidden where he is, while being alert of anything strange.

[roll0]
[roll1] (+2 if orcs)
[roll2] (+2 if orcs)

jaberwok
2009-07-14, 07:47 PM
Darohon
hp: 23/30
AC: 19 (touch:14, flat:19)
Fort: +2, Refl: +8, Will: +1

Upon finding a good spot to shoot from, Darohon draws his bow, and prepares to fire at one of the orcs standing in the camp. Although his companions seem competent, he's not quite sure how they will react here, and that causes him to pause long enough for soft words of a spell to reach his ears for just a few moments.

Dice:
Listen: [roll1]

Edit: Wow, doubt I heard that spellcasting with that Listen roll!

Darius
2009-07-15, 08:18 AM
Aldarin

The nomad watches and waits to see if his skills are needed.

d13
2009-07-19, 08:50 PM
OOC: I couldn't find the OOC thread.
I'm sorry, but I'll have to drop this game, guys. Too little time to keep it going :smallfrown:
Hope you have a great time.

TempesT
2009-07-20, 06:59 PM
under the power of the spell the two orcs slump over(one of which falls into the fire roasting himself).

OOC: wow all this build up to go to a sleep spell :P

So the party is now left with a sleeping orc and his fried counterpart.
What do you do now?

TempesT
2009-07-20, 07:01 PM
oh well i am getting sqeezed for time to,
so mabye some other time when we can all get together we'll pick up with it?

d13
2009-07-20, 08:06 PM
I'm fine with it. It was beggining to get interesting :smalltongue:

jaberwok
2009-07-20, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry to see things taper off...

Jaxon
2009-07-21, 12:35 AM
A shame. It was fun while it lasted.