PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Tributes to Wadledo and Quietus for their generous assistance

Roc Ness
2009-06-21, 03:09 AM
Now, this is my first time homebrewing, so please go easy on me.

Tribute to Wadledo:

http://kirby.neoseeker.com/w/i/kirby/thumb/2/20/WaddleDees.jpg/250px-WaddleDees.jpg
Waddle Dees :smallbiggrin: (Race)

The assassin crept down the dark hallways of the baron's castle. A small figure was in front of him, standing guard silently with a spear in hand. The assassin smiled. No gaurd this tiny stood a chance.
He lunged, trying to get a death strike, and succeeded only in breaking his nose on the haft of the sturdily held spear. Groaning, he attempted to get up, only to trip and tumble backwards on another little figure. He was still wondering what creatures these were when a third stuck a duster in his mouth and slowly dragged him off.

Waddle Dee (small monstrous humanoid)
+4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity
Small: As a Small creature, a waddle dee gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Waddle Dee base land speed is 20 feet. However, waddle dees can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
Stability: A waddle dee gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
Master Improvisers: A waddle dee recieves no penalty for using an improvised weapon. In addition, a waddle dee only takes a -2 penalty for using a weapon he is not proficient with.
Speechless: Waddle Dees lack the ability to vocalise sounds, and are thus unable to cast spells with verbal components. However, they do have mouths and can still eat and drink, though it takes a DC 20 Search check for a any creature other than a waddle-dee to find a closed waddle-dee's mouth.
Stubby Arms: A waddle dee may threaten and attack squares adjacent to himself with a reach weapon.
Weapon Proficiency: Waddle Dees receive the Simple and Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the shortspear, longspear, spear, glaive, guisarme and halberd as bonus feats.
+2 racial bonus on Move Silently checks
+1 racial bonus on all saving throws
Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any
Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass waddle dee’s fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

Tribute to Quietus:
The Silencer

The Silencer appears to nothing of the sort; it is a magic whistle. Whenever the character blows into it, it makes a shrill, piercing noise and creates a silence affect in a 60ft radius centred around the blower which lasts 10 minutes. The silence also has a secondary affect. Each creature which attempts to speak for any reason takes 6d6 untyped damage which can be lethal or nonlethal (blower's choice. The blower and up to 4 others of his selection are unaffected by both effects. The silencer may be activated 5 times a day.

Cieyrin
2009-06-21, 10:57 AM
For the Weapon Proficiency of the Waddle Dees, just say they're proficient with these weapons, no need to bother mentioning what exact feats are required to know them.

For the Silencer, you may wish to say that the creatures attempting to speak need to be in the aura of silence effect or something, as currently, if i speak on the other side of town from you when it goes off, I take damage. My, all those poor Commoner 1s dying by the droves because they're greeting each other on the street ;_;. Mass panic ensues and suddenly sign language becomes the new medium of communication. Literacy rates sky rocket and the ritual removal of the tongue becomes common place.

Joking aside, these are some decent first attempts at home brewing. Good work! =D

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

DracoDei
2009-06-21, 12:45 PM
The Silencer is very powerful since it lets you use spells freely, while you classed spell-casting foes can't. Keep that in mind when pricing it.