PDA

View Full Version : New Prestige and Domains for gameworld

ringsnake
2006-03-16, 01:02 PM
This is related to the "Following the Master" posts that I made where I'm attempting to work through Rich Burlew's World Building methodology. I'm seeking some feedback from other players here, but these items could also be ported over to other gameworlds too.

The Celestial Bureacrat is for my dwarves, which has a Chinese flavored culture, and I liked the idea of the emperor supported by a meritocracy of professional bureaucrats. The racial restriction could be dropped. This class is specifically set up so a third level Aristocrat or Expert could enter into it. The class is heavily influenced by Judge Fang from the book Snow Crash.
Celestial Bureaucrat
Prereqs
Alignment: Lawful Evil, Lawful Nuetral, or Lawful Good
Race: Dwarf, or proven loyalty to Emperor
Skills: 6 Ranks in Diplomacy, Gather Information, any two Knowledges, Decipher Script, and Sense Motive.
Feats: Iron Will and Skill Focus in any of the pre-req skills.
Special: Must be literate, and must pass the exams and have blessing of high ranking bureaucrats or the emperor.

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (All, taken individually), Perform (Oratory), Sense Motive, Speak Language, Spot, Listen, Decipher Script, Search. The Celetial Bureaucrat gets 6+INT Mod skill points at each level.

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: None gained.

At first level the Celestial Bureaucrat gets the Leadership feat, even if he would not qualify for it normally.

Superior Leadership: With the Imperial mandate the Celetial Bureacrat gets the listed bonus to his reputation, but only if his cohorts and followers are dwarves or human loyalists. The cohorts and followers must still follow the normal level maximums defined in the leadership feat. Has a +1 at 1st, +2 at 4th, +3 at 7th, and +4 at 10th.

Scrutiny: Gets the listed bonus to Sense Motive, Gather Information, Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate when investigating crimes or carrying out the dictates of the bureaucracy. +2 at 2nd, +4 at 5th, and +6 at 8th.

Pain Attack: A dibilitating attack that can be used when flanking or against flatfooted opponents. Can also be used to get a bonus to Intimidate when torturing immobilized victims. Any specific suggestions on rules implementation would be appreciated.

Extra Cohort: At fifth level the Bureaucrat can have two cohorts, and at ninth leve he can have three.

Heavenly Mandate: At sixth level the Bureacrat has ascended far enough in the bureaucracy to gain the favor of the gods themselves. He can smite any opponent once per day with an attack bonus equal to his CHA mod and a damage bonus equal to his level in Celestial Bureaucrat. He can turn undead as a cleric of his class level in Bureaucrat.

Judgement: At tenth level the Bureacrat can cast Geas once per day on any citizen than he's superior in rank to. This is often used on other bureaucrats, cohorts, and on criminals seeking to atone from some crime against the empire.

I don't want to replicate the advancement chart here, but the Bureacrat gets superior saves in Will and the lesser save progression for Fortitude and Reflexes. His attack bonuses are the same as those of the Arcane Trickster.

Fatherhood Domain
Granted Power: The cleric gains Intimidate and Sense Motive as class skills. He has a +2 bonus to those skills when dealing with other members of his faith.
Domain Spells:
1 - Command
2 - Hold Person
3 - Herosim
4 - Discern Lies
5 - Atonement
6 - Geas/Quest
7 - Repulsion
8 - Demand
9 - Hold Monster - Mass

Motherhood Domain
Granted Power: The cleric gains and Sense Motive as class skills. She has a +2 bonus to Sense Motive and Diplomacy when dealing with other members of her faith.
Domain Spells:
1 - Remove Fear
2 - Calm Emotions
3 - Create Food and Water
4 - Hallow
5 - Atonement
6 - Hero's Feast
7 - Restoration (Greater)
8 - Sympathy
9 - Antipathy