PDA

View Full Version : World of Discord- IC

Altaria87
2009-06-21, 11:56 AM
(OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6318317#post6318317))
As the sun rises above the South-Western continent of Cruxis, the capital of the Neutral country of Lemere's, Feolthanos, awakes, and prepares itself for battle.
Within the city 6 adventurers have begun their daily business, some aware of the war that is about to unfold, some not, but regardless, these 6 men are soon to change the face of Cruxis.
Dirok:
You walk up to the great Library in the Central District of Feolthanos, yet as you approach, you become aware of two posters hanging on the door...
Rashid:
You wake up in the room of The Serpent Inn, in the centre of the Shopping District, you throw of your woolen quilt, dress yourself, open the door and walk down the stairs into the bustling bar area, yet you see two of the Town Watch, recognizable by their light green vestments, in the corner holding out sheets of parchment to the patrons...
Leog:
As you sit in the main plaza of the central district, eyeing the awesome tower in the middle of the plaza, you are approached by a Town Watchman,a half-orc, he begins to talk to you and you look up, startled:
"You there, Dwarf, you look like you're a bit of a warrior, and right now Feolthanos needs all the help it can get, so come along with me for a briefing on why we need you and I won't charge you for holding a weapon in public"
He punctuates the last bit with a glare at your Greatsword...
Frigei:
As you dismiss your conjured mist and stride over to the Town Watch Barracks, Siva flies over to you and perches on your shoulder. You can tell form how she's holding her body that she found nothing of interest, so you open the door of the Barracks and you have barely made one step when you find yourself at the opposite end of a sword:
"You, explain yourself, why are you here?"...
Quarion:
You exit the Temple of Venca after your morning prayer, still amazed at how for once there is a temple in which you can openly worship, and find the streets of the Temple District swarming with Men, Dwarves and Elves in light green armor and shouting something about a Town Militia, you presume they're the Town Watch and wonder what they're shouting about...
Ashnen:
After a long journey you have finally arrived in Feolthanos, you walk through the huge wooden archway leading in to the Guild District and look at a sign, saying "Mage's Guild, Straight Ahead, Fighter's Guild, to the left, Ranger's Guild, to the right, all others, further on"...

So then, the timeless DnD question, What Do You Do?

OOC:
I think I got a few of the colours wrong, but they should be right

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-21, 12:49 PM
Dirok

Dirok walked through the crowd, attempting to avoid contact with any passers by. He did not feel like starting his day with an argument with some muscle bound moron. Seeing the increased Watch presence he was grateful he had left his god-forsaken sythe at the library.

As he approached the library to begin another day of research (the library saw so little use midweek he was essentially being paid to sit around, so he had decided a month ago to begin looking into the Ritual of Crucimigration for his own interest) he noticed the two freshly posted bills attached to the door.

Stopping briefly to glance at them he continued on into the grandiose building.

-------------------------------
(FYI: Everything below the dashes is OOC.)

What do the posters say?

Jatyu
2009-06-21, 04:23 PM
Having been tired well before he arrived at the capital, Ashnen sought out lodgings, and a place to earn his keep. The guilds were an obvious choice. Knowing full well he wasn't a mage, and not quite knowing what a ranger was, he set out for the Fighter's Guild.

Approaching the main building he started to feel out of place. All around him people wore heavy armor, and rushed about preparing for something. Starting to regret his decision he climbed the steps to the door slowly, reaching out for the door, pushing it inwards...

Philaenas
2009-06-21, 04:43 PM
More than slightly abashed by having a sword pointed in his direction upon his entry into the town barracks, Frigei tries to regain his composure and produce a reply diligent enough to convince this man of his intentions. Without obvious flinching, Frigei retorted to the soldier: "I seek to serve the crown and serve it well, to preserve this land so attuned to Mother Nature!".

Than, as if it had understood his words, Siva exclamated a loud squawk, accompanied by a fluttering of its wings, with which to underscore Frigei's bold statement.

-----------

Perhaps a concentration check might be in order to determine whether the reply is indeed so bold, or could be a wee bit softer.

madtinker
2009-06-21, 06:21 PM
Hhm, wonder what's got them all stirred up?
Rashid approaches the innkeeper and strikes up a conversation, trying to find out what the city guard is up to.
Gather information [roll0]

Pyron
2009-06-21, 08:33 PM
Quarion

Quarion stepped outside the Temple. Indeed, it is surprising to discover a church dedicated to the whispered one out in the open. He was not sure what to expect since one of main tenants of any Vecna-ite is secrecy. Then again, sometimes the best place to hide is right in plain view.

Upon visiting the temple, he discovered that it really didn't reveal much to the outsider. The building itself was a simple stone and wooden building with little to no religious symbolism to distinguish it, which gives it a nice atmosphere of secrecy. To any outsider, stepping inside the temple would reveal little, which made them wonder if the worship within these walls were to taken seriously. A rather subtle, and interesting approach to discretion, the elf admits.

Quarion, finished with his prayer, stepped outside to the town guards announcements. It appeared to be drawing a small crowd. He darted around the crowd, not ready to approach the town militia. He tries to query the crowd about the militia's intentions.

“Quite a ruckus.”

Altaria87
2009-06-22, 01:48 AM
Dirok:
As you are stepping in to the grand structure you mkae a double-take and look at the to posters on the door.
The leftmost one is written in the handwriting of the Library's owner:
The areas of the Library devoted to Magic, Weapons and Ways of War have been closed to the public so they can be inspected by the Town Watch.
The one on the right seems mass-produced and is in large bold letters:
Looking for all people at least slightly skilled in the ways of battle:

The Town Watch needs you to join the Town Militia, come to the Watch Barracks for a breifing.
Jatyu:
As you push the oak wood door inwards you find a hall full of Fighters, clad in massive suits of armor and holding Greataxes and Broadswords, bustling about. One walks up to you and says: "Never seen you before, you must be new. So, you here to get kitted out before you head off to the Barracks?"
Frigei: (A concentration check isn't needed by the way)
The Guard looks up, startled, at the bird on your shoulder, but then replies, "If you're one of the recuits, you're meant to go with the others on the other side, not go through the back door"
Rashid:
The barkeep, a Half-Elf, answers in a worried voice "The Auralian's advance force is headed straight for Feolthanos so the Watch are recruiting a Militia so we can hold the capital while we hold the main force at Umacy, hopefully with help from the people, we can hold the city until the Elves get here..."
Quarion:
You manage to catch one of the people in the crowd who isn't in a panic and query him as to the watch's intentions, he answers, shakily "I'm not sure what's happening, but the Watch are recruiting people for a Militia for some reason, say say to go to the Baracks if you wish to apply for a briefing"

OOC:
Now don't do too much evryone, Leog hasn't done anything yet

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-22, 02:42 AM
Dirok

"The Gods be damned, now I'll have to talk to the buggers" he exclaimed, completely ignoring the second flyer.

Entering the darkened building Dirok made straight for his locker at the other end of the library to the bookshelves.

----------------------
Since I assume I'll meet someone on the way, I'll wait there until Leog catches up.

Jatyu
2009-06-22, 03:49 AM
Wow. These are definitely not who I was expecting. Taken aback by these men, Ashnen thoughts turned to escape.

"Uhh, I've already got my gear, where is the Barracks?"
I'm sure once I get out I won't actually need to go to the Barracks.

------------------------------------
OOC:
I hope to stick to this style for now for my posts.
Actions
Thoughts
Speech
If it's alright.

madtinker
2009-06-22, 10:22 AM
Stroking his chin, Rashid turns thoughtful. This could be the chance I'm looking for

You suppose a fellow could make a name for himself in the militia? He asks the barkeep wistfully. (Assuming an answer of yes) This might be just what I'm looking for.

Philaenas
2009-06-22, 11:38 AM
Frigei calms down after the initial violent reaction of the guard. That wasn't the brightest of ideas I guess, just barging in here like that.... "Ah yes of course, thank you, how silly of me to come around the back end. I shall join the other recruits immediately!"

And with those words Frigei turned around and went for the proper entrance.

-----

OOC: I like the idea of italic for thoughts :)

Pyron
2009-06-22, 09:09 PM
Quarion:

"Intriguing. Thank you, my friend."

Quarion motioned his hand in a swift L-shaped motion, an elven gesture of thanks to the passerby. A conspiracy of fate? No, this is simple logic, the Empire war machine threatens to entrench every once of soil. It would be a matter of time.

Am I ready to answer the call of arms.

He parted from the crowd, and retreated to his room at the local inn. If he's going to inquire about this militia, then he must gather his blade and bow.

Once he gathered his arms, he moved forward to the barracks.

iamthetest
2009-06-22, 09:28 PM
Very well., replies Loeg as he stands prepared to follow the guard to whatever adventure lies ahead.

Altaria87
2009-06-23, 11:07 AM
Dirok:
You are halfway across the hall whem a burly human stops you in the middle of the before-deserted corridor: "What're you doing here, eh? I don't like the looks of you, could be a spy for the Auralians. So, what do you have to say for yourself?"
As the green-clad man speaks, you are surrounded by 5 more of the Watch, all pointing their weapons at you.
Jatyu:
The heavily-armored Fighter answers: "Wow, you are new. Anyway, the barracks are in The Government District, straight North of here, they're the big building in the North-West"
Rashid:
The barkeep looks at you skeptically but then answers: "I suppose so, if you did something big, why, what're you planning?"
Frigei:
As you near the entrance to the Barracks you are greeted by the sight of about 50 men and women, mostly Humans and Dwarves, but some Half-Elves, Half-Orcs and Gnomes, in varying degrees of battle-readiness. Assembled in fornt of a lecturn, where a tall Human clad in dark green and with two axes across his back stands eyeing them all.
OOC: Your bit has ended pretty much until everyone else gets there, though you can talk to the other recruits if you wish
Quarion:
As you approach the large building that is the Barracks you observe a large crowd about 50 strong, of a mix of races and with varying amounts of armor and weaponry. They are all assembled in front of a lecturn, where a tall Human clad in dark green and with two axes across his back stands eyeing them all.
OOC: Your bit has ended pretty much until everyone else gets there, though you can talk to the other recruits if you wish
Leog:
You follow the guard through quite a few streets while he talks to you about how you "made the right choice there", you fall in to the Barracks' large courtyard behind an elf with a Longbow slung across his back and you see a large crowd about 50 strong, of a mix of races and with varying amounts of armor and weaponry. They are all assembled in front of a lecturn, where a tall Human clad in dark green and with two axes across his back stands eyeing them all.

OOC:
3 down, 3 to go (don't worry, i'm only railroading you until you're all together in a party :smallsmile:

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-23, 11:17 AM
Dirok

Inevitablility was incredibly dull some times.

"My name is Dirok Muhadren, I am a member of staff here and a graduate of the Feolthanos Acadamy of the Arcane, as well as a born and lived citizen of Lemere, and I am most certainly not a spy; a job for which I have neither the inclination nor the fortitude. I am a librarian, a Wizard, a law abiding citizen, and though I may not seem it I am extremely concerned by the amount of sharpened metal that now surrounds me."

Dirok then takes a deep, controlled breath in and waited for whatever pointless demand the men would make.

Philaenas
2009-06-23, 01:38 PM
It is good to see that so many others have the need to defend their own, or someone else's land. Frigei thought as he walked among the crowd. He was crurious to know from where all these people had come. He stopped to stand next to a human woman, looking as though she wasn't from here, and asked her: "Good day madam, might I be so bold as to inquire where you are from?"

madtinker
2009-06-23, 02:50 PM
Its a long story my friend. A fool's errand, you may say, but for now suffice it to say that I thirst for greatness. And let's be honest; they don't just hand it out at the back door of the palace, do they?
With that, Rashid strides boldly up to the guard who looks most in charge, and with as much desiciveness as he could muster, proclaims You're just the man I'm looking for!

Jatyu
2009-06-24, 07:45 AM
"Thanks, I'll remember that."
As Ashnen hastily left the Fighters Guild he decided to try and find more appropriate district. After traveling through the city, trying to find out exactly where he was, he realized he was exactly where he hadn't planed on going, The Government District.

Great.. Just great. Ugh.. Might as well see whats going on at the Barracks. With these thoughts Ashnen headed towards the big building with the crowd in the distance.

Altaria87
2009-06-24, 10:45 AM
Dirok:
"Well the Librarian did they there was an assistant here that might turn up, so his tory checks out..." Said the Watchman who had first stopped you.
"Though my sword is wooden..." said another Watchman, obviously a rookie.
"Ok people, sheath your weapons. Now then, you said you were a Wizard? Well I now humbly request you tell us any information you know that might help us in the coming battle. I trust you know that the Auralians are attacking Feolthanos? Anyway, can you tell me what knowledge you have of Fire Elementals and the Conjuration and Abjuration schools of magic?
Frigei:
The woman you approached turns around, she has dark skin and long, waist-length black hair, she is wearing a purple suit of armor and is carrying a rapier. "Oh, hello there. I'm form Surda to the south, I was here after a job protecting a caravan and was one of the first here when the call to arms was sounded," she then holds out her hand while introducing herself, "The name's Jeanne, what's yours?"
OOC: Yes, NPCs speak in the colour of the country they're from on the map, though important ones may speak in bold
Rashid:
"Oh, am I now? So want to join the Militia? Well I'm not going to stop you, head to the City Barracks and you'll get your breifing in about 2 hours" And with that the Watchman got back to his task of handing out parchment
Ashnen:
You eventaully reach the Barracks' massive courtyard and you see a large crowd about 50 strong, of a mix of races and with varying amounts of armor and weaponry. They are all assembled in front of a lecturn, where a tall Human clad in dark green and with two axes across his back stands eyeing them all. Nearby are two humans in conversation, a dwarf holding a massive Greatsword and an Elf with a Longsword strung across his back.

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-24, 10:51 AM
Rolls (I'll Take 10 if it's better than the result):
Know: (Planes) [roll0]
Know: (Arcana) [roll1]
Know: (Arcana) [roll2] [17]

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-24, 11:13 AM
Dirok

"I am aware of a disturbance of late. If you will follow me to my work area, I have been studying the Elemental Planes amongst other things of late."

Walking to his desk he pulls a small brass key from his pocket and unlocks a drawer. From within he pulls out a thick tome entitled "Sentience of the Inner Wheel".

Opening it to the correct section he begins to explain the details of Fire Elementals as succinctly as he can; their vulnerability to cold and ice, the risk of burning merely by striking in melee, meaning ranged attacks are the way to fight them. He also warned them that as they grow, the Elementals become less corporeal, meaning that any weapon will have less effect.

Once Dirok completed his speech he placed the book on the desk.

"As you can see Elementals are not enemies to be taken lightly." His voice, though still polite is beginning to show the wear of havig to explain these things to people who would most likely just take the book anyway in case they forgot his words.

"As for your other request, neither of your specified schools are exactly my area of expertise. If you want an in depth lecture on them I would suggest you arrange a meeting with the instructors and the Acadamia de Magi." Hoping the men would take him up on this, Dirok was almost annoyed when they didn't. "But if you insist, put simply Abjuration spells are designed to defend aganst or outright negate attacks, a prime example being the Shield spell, which forms an enormous floating barrier."

He pauses for a moment to take a breath. He can already see that a few of them have drifted off, the idea that magic could be used for anything other than blowing things up i absurd to these cretins. However their leader still appeared to be listening, so gathering his thoughts Dirok continued.

"Conjuration on the other hand is arguably the most versatile school of Arcane Magic. It's primary purpose is movement, either via summoning spells, or even teleportation for those beyond my level of skill. However it can also create simple matter from nothing, and in the hands of a Cleric it can be used to heal the wounded."

Satisfied with his answers he began to return the book to it's drawer, assuming that this would motion them to move on.

Altaria87
2009-06-24, 11:50 AM
Since you're the furthest from getting to the end-of-the-railroading-line I'll just do your bit:
Dirok:
The leader of the Watchmen gives you a curt bow, he obviously isn't as dumb as he seemed at first glance, "My humblest thanks, Wizard, though you didn't say anything on those magic schools we didn't already know, and I'm sorry but there is no time to meet with the Wizards at the Academy. Nevertheless you have saved me an hour of looking through books on Elementals. Though, incidentally, do you have no interest in helping the Militia defend our city, a few more magic hands owuld not go to waste, I'll be in the Arts of War section if you wish to take me up on this offer." And with that he motions for the other Watchmen to follow him and strides off in to the shadows of the gargantuan Library.

madtinker
2009-06-24, 11:59 AM
What a gruff fellow.After getting directions to the barracks, Rashid gathers his armor and weapons from his room and sets off for the barracks, intent on signing up for a chance at fame and fortune.

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-24, 12:04 PM
Dirok

Some gratitude thought Dirok as he replaced the book and locked it up again.

Turning to continue with his work (having no intention of accepting the offer) he noticed that the Watch hadn't left. They were attempting to hide amongst the rows of books, and failing miserably.

Letting out a sigh Dirok accepted his fate. Claiming his possessions from his locker he carefully stowed his sythe carefully so as not to make them think he had lost his mind and become homicidal, a the previous librarian had.

Walking through the shelves he counted aloud the number of guards he had passed, each one accepting that they had failed with a frown.

"Imbeciles."

Reaching the guards-captain Dirok simply nodded. "Shall we be off."

Philaenas
2009-06-24, 01:38 PM
Frigei was intruiged by the exotic appearance of the woman and slightly fascinated by the purple armour, he had only seen clothing or armour in more conservative colours like white, black or brown after all. "Ah hello Jeanne, pleased to meet you! So you come from the South. Pray tell, how are relations betwixt the Southern lands and Lemere? My name's Frigei. Siva and I have come from a rather distant place. I still do not believe that I made it in the first place, but it seems Mother Nature might have some plans with me."

Altaria87
2009-06-24, 02:04 PM
Rashid:
You arrive at the Barracks about two hours later, as you took a few detours to avoid the crowds. There you see a massive courtyard and you see a large crowd about 50 strong, of a mix of races and with varying amounts of armor and weaponry. They are all assembled in front of a lecturn, where a tall Human clad in dark green and with two axes across his back stands eyeing them all. Nearby are two humans in conversation, a dwarf holding a massive Greatsword, an Elf with a Longsword strung across his back and another Human with two axes of his own.

Dirok:
"Thank you so much Wizard," says the Watchman sincerely, "Incidentally, I apologise for my colleagues, I wouldn't fault them on enthusiasm but they aren't the sharpest pins in the box..."
The Watchman says no more as you walk to the Barracks, you arrive just behind a human brandishing a rapier who appears to be in a rush. You see a massive courtyard and you see a large crowd about 50 strong, of a mix of races and with varying amounts of armor and weaponry. They are all assembled in front of a lecturn, where a tall Human clad in dark green and with two axes across his back stands eyeing them all. Nearby are two humans in conversation, a dwarf holding a massive Greatsword, an Elf with a Longsword strung across his back and another Human with two axes of his own.

Frigei:
"Pleased to meet you Frigei!" Says Jeanne shaking your hand. "And in answer to your question, Lemere's is a completely neutral country, but Surda and the South-Western Empire have good trade relations with them. Anyway, I have a question of my own, what do you mean by that you can't beleive you made it here in the first pla-" Jeanne is cut off by trumpets sounding all around the courtyard...
Well, you're all here, so the next post will be y'all starting your quest...

Altaria87
2009-06-24, 02:23 PM
All around the Courtyard the sound of many trumpets is heard, as the man in dark green moves up to the lecturn and adresses the crowd:
"Hello, friends of Lemere's, I am Kahn, General of the Town Watch. You all know why you have come here today, to protect this fair city against the forces of the Auralian Empire. But you may be wondering about the circumstances of the attack and our battle plan, so now i shall fill you all in.
The Auralians have two armies within Lemere's, they have a much larger one to the North, but the main army of Lemere's seek to hold them at lake Umacy, while we wait for the reinforcements from Du Weldevarden, the Elves' Forest. But they have another army, an advance force, which aims to strike directly at Feolthanos.
Our battle plan is as follows, me and the Town Watch, and most of you here, shall go to the North Wall and fend off the atackers. Meanwhile, 6 groups of 6 of you people will go around out of the Southern Wall and eliminate any enemy scouts around that area, as to make the enemy think we have just as strong a force back there, so they will not try to attack us from the back, and therefore we can concentrate all the fire from our Watchtowers, and our Secret Weapon, on the main force.
You should all know that most Auralian groups will travel with a Fire Elemental, and Auralian Mages favour Conjuration and Abjuration, their other soldiers prefer to fight at range, while the Wizard's summoned creatures fight at melee, but the Auralians do have some experienced melee fighters.
Now, the Watch shall take the 36 around the back, and split them into 6 groups, meanwhile, for the rest of us: TO WAR!" And with his final words Kahn raises his axes and the crowd lets out a deafening warcry.

Now, you 6 just happen to be in the back, so you are seperated form the main group and are brought into a smaller square.
"Ok then" says a Watchman, walking over to Rashid, "You're in group 1, and so are you" he punctuates the second part by pointing at Leog. He then walks over to Jeanne and Frigei and puts them in groups 4 and 1 respectively. The Watchman continues to designate groups until your group consists of, well you six.
You then all go out of the South Gate and prepare to intercept any sneaky Auralians...

OOC:
Yes Kahn took a level of Bard to get Summon Plot Exposition /joke. So yeah, feel free to talk amongst yourselves while the squadrons spread out.

madtinker
2009-06-24, 09:27 PM
Well, not exactly what I planned to do today, but war is war. How 'bout getting everyone's names? I'm Rashid, pleasure to serve with you.

Pyron
2009-06-24, 10:08 PM
"Good Journey, friend. I am Sol'Mara* Quarion" The elven cleric introduced himself with an accompanied elven greeting.

His thought were only half focused on introductions. The whispers in his mind tried to call on the wisdom of the Maimed Lord. He knew he would be going to battle soon, and his thought tried to conjure any relevant insight regarding the Auralian order of battle and scout movement.

[OOC Knowledge Checks]
Knowledge: History [roll0]
Knowledge: Royalty [roll1]
Knowledge: Arcana [roll2]
Cleric Lore Check [roll3]

*Note: Anyone who can understand Elven will recognize Sol'Mara as a term for Scholar Priest.

iamthetest
2009-06-25, 12:48 AM
An exceptionally large dwarf eyes his new companions, I am Loeg, the Lion's Bane. Any that I am loyal to will give me loyalty.. Stopping, puzzled at his comment, Loeg stops speaking.

Altaria87
2009-06-25, 01:46 AM
I'll give you a bit longer to chat, but here's Quarion's knowledge results:
Quarion:
You unfortunatly can recall nothing from your studies of History books and your Knowledge of Royalty that can help you. You remember about how you read once that Conjuration and Abjuration are schools favoured by the Auralians, but of course you alreayd know that. You do however remember that one time you were reading about the taking of the Capital of Tamriel, the Auralian's former enemy on the North-Western continent. It said that the Auralians first sent forward a scout force of rangers and a few wizards to take the back wall and then halfway through the battle sent half their army around there, under pretence of a retreat, and took the city.

Philaenas
2009-06-25, 02:49 AM
"Ah, it seems you've been selected for a different team Jeanne, best of luck to you!" Frigei turned to meet who would be his companions during his opcoming mission to fool and deter enemy scouts. "Greetings all, it seems we are in this together. My name is Frigei and this here is my trusted and winged comrad Siva."

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-25, 03:39 AM
Dirok

"Dirok Muhadren."

He then turns away from the group and looks into the sky, before nodding slightly.

"With regard to the fire elementals, if you wish to live longer than two minutes you will not attempt to engage them in melee."

That's the last thing he says for quite a while

Al87 ONLY:
Dirok was nodding at his familiar Turo, a Frankenstein-esque raven. Only just remembered about my familiar, hence why I just put him in. Hope thats ok.

To anyone who isn't the DM: I knew you'd look. Shame on you.:smalltongue: You'd better not metagame about this.

Jatyu
2009-06-25, 04:43 AM
"My name's Ashnen, I'm not quite sure how I ended up in this war, but in all honesty, I'm really looking forward to what we're about to do."

madtinker
2009-06-25, 10:01 AM
Addressing each seperately, bowing or shaking hands as appropriate;
To Quarion; Sir, though I do not speak your fair tongue, I understand you to be a fellow of some wisdom. I hope it sees us through this day of blood.

To Leog; A fierce friend indeed am I; hopefully I too will earn your loyalty, for you already have mine.

To Dirok; A scholar indeed, may we have the foresight to heed your knowledge.

To Frigei; Well met sir. Tell me; how did you come by such a loyal comrade? Animals do not lightly give their love.

To Ashnen; I hear you friend; it's an adventure for sure.

[OOC] In case I need diplomacy checks;

Quarion: [roll0]
Leog: [roll1]
Dirok: [roll2]
Frigei: [roll3]
Ashnen: [roll4]

Altaria87
2009-06-25, 10:53 AM
Rashid: Nah you don't need Diplomacy checks.

The 6 of you are walking along the grasses outside Feolthanos when suddenly behind you you hear a huge rumbling, you all turn around and see something being raised form the massive tower in the centre of town.
It looks like 3 huge crossbows strung together, but next to it are 2 catapult heads as well, also standing on top or near it you can see 7 figures.
Dirok:
You recognise them as the seven head instructors of the Acadamia de Magi
You can all see this is the 'secret weapon' Kahn spoke of, but don't know quite what it is...
OOC:
Make a DC20 Knowledge (local) check to recognize the machine as: The Sygulum Sangelis, the aincient weapon of Lemere's which was built in aincient times to protect it (Quarion can also use his Cleric Lore instead), anyway, now would be a good time for you all to make spot/listen checks and finish off your intros.

Philaenas
2009-06-25, 12:30 PM
"Ah yes, the day I met hawk friend was indeed an exciting one... As I entered the forest to perform...." *rumble* *rumble* *rumble*... "By The Mother, what kind of ingenious and dangerous contraption is that!?"

OOC (listen and spot, I have no knowledge(local)):
Listen: [roll0], Spot: [roll1]

madtinker
2009-06-25, 01:13 PM
[OOC] Rolls;
knowledge: [roll0]
spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Pyron
2009-06-25, 09:24 PM
Quarion, nodded silently after everyone exchanged salutations.

"I hope our combined steel can deter the Aurilian scouts. Otherwise they will slit their hidden blade within the rib cage of this their defenses."

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Lore: [roll2]

Pyron
2009-06-25, 09:25 PM
Trying again

Lore: [roll2]

"It's rather odd to put catapults and ballista on a tower like that."

-------

[OOC Edit: The IC post below is so I acquire the 3 cure scrolls]

Quarion became lost in thought at the sight of the monolithic siege tower. The sight of that war machine made him grasp the gravity of the upcoming situation. He was about to enter a warzone; it's quite possible that the others will turn to him for divine healing. However, his power was geared towards focusing unholy energies. He simply lacked the skill to channel positive life energy as effectively as a Pelorite (for example).

He nodded toward the group, and explained that he needed to acquire supplies before heading to the front lines.

When he departed he worked his way towards the market place, where the priests would peddle their healing tonics. He's certain that he can barter for a few curative parchments.

[Purchase summary: Quarion buys 3x Scrolls of Cure Light Wounds. -75 GP]

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-26, 02:50 AM
Dirok

Turning to face the thing Dirok notices the 7 men upon it and bows silently to them before turning without a word and continuing on.

------------------------------------
No Knowledge Local

How come only 7, shouldn't there be eight Mage School instructors? Feel free to ignore this if its a plot point later on.

Jatyu
2009-06-26, 03:27 AM
As Ashnen turned to investigate the rumbling, he spotted the device and looked at it in awe.
"That device looks as if it could tear the skys in twain."

---------------------
OOC:
Rolls:

iamthetest
2009-06-26, 02:55 PM
As Loeg looks about he can't seem to hear anything but his own voice in his head...I am loyal to the unloyal? no...I am unloyal to the loyal? no...I am loyal to the loyal? YES!

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
I am loyal to the loyal.

Altaria87
2009-06-26, 04:24 PM
As the 6 of you are walking, Rashid, Frigei, and Ashnen spot some figures out of the corner of their eyes, they turn to see, nearby, 2 Auralian Rangers, a Wizard, and a Small Fire Elemental, the three of them move first to engage the enemies in battle...
---
First battle for the party =D
Map is here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-1-Map-127343055) tell me if there's any trouble. Everyone's positions may not be clear so I'll say here:
Frigei=A1
Quarion=B1
Rashid=C1
Dirok=B2
Ashnen=B3
Leog=C3

So yeah, surprise round, I'll roll initiative for the three of you:
Ashnen [roll0]
Frigei [roll1]
Rashid [roll2]... Oops, failed that one, will re-roll in OOC

Ok then, Surprise round turn order goes:
Rashid
Ashnen
Frigei

Also to the spellcasters now would be a good time to say what spells you prepared this morning, incidentally, I like the Arena's format for spells, whewre you put your prepared/used spells in a block at the end:
eg.
Oth level:
Daze: []
Ray of Frost: [X]
Detect Magic: []
1st level:
Chill Touch: [X]

madtinker
2009-06-26, 05:00 PM
Springing to action, Rashid whips an arrow from the quiver at his side, nocks it to the string, and lets fly at the fire elemental.
Attack rolls:

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
(If counts as sneak attack, add [roll2])
Not stopping to see the result of his strike, Rashid slinks close to the ground to H1.

Jatyu
2009-06-26, 09:51 PM
OOC: I'm a little confused how a suprise round works, it's just 1 standard action right? Does that mean I can take just a move action instead? If so then I will:
-------------------------

Ashnen moves from B3 to B6 to try to get around and flank the enemies.

OOC: If im not allowed to do that then I will:

Ashnen braces himself for any attacks to come his way. (Total Defense)

OOC: I would much prefer to do the first option, im just a little confused on the rules.

madtinker
2009-06-26, 10:53 PM
[OOC]
You are right, it is only one action. My bad. I'll keep the attack, and have to move next round I guess.

Philaenas
2009-06-27, 06:01 AM
Frigei moves his arms and starts to hum an incantation. When finished, the plants and grasses around the opponents start to move and try to grab them to hold them fast in position.

[OOC]

I will not put the dead centre of the entangle on top of them, as that would bring it very close to our position, but move it somewhat more to the back, so that the edge passes between them and us so to say :p

Altaria87
2009-06-27, 06:05 AM
It would help if you actually told me the exact area you're using witht he Grid References on the map, so I can get a better idea of what they're goona do now...

Philaenas
2009-06-27, 06:54 AM
[OOC] At page 307 you can see the 40-foot radius spread of entangle. For our map purposes it means that the edge is B6,B5, C4, D4, E3, F3, G2, H2, I4, J4.

Altaria87
2009-06-27, 12:10 PM
Rashid's arrow strikes true and badly hurts the being of pure fire.
(OOC: It can't be a sneak attack, as Elementals have no vitals)
Then, as Ashnen moves down around the enemy's flank, Frigei commands the grasses to wrap around everyone in the area, including Ashnen. The Fire Elemental and Wizard are held still, but the two Rangers break free.
(OOC: Sorry Jatyu, but you'll also have to make a Reflex save)
At this point everyone else becomes aware of the battle.
OOC: I've rolled initiative for everyone else OOC, but trust me, I'm legit
New order:
Rashid
Ashnen
Left-hand Ranger
Leog
Frigei
Quarion
Fire Elemental
Right-Hand Ranger
Dirok
Wizard
New Map (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-1-Map-127343055)

Rashid and Ashnen are up once again

madtinker
2009-06-27, 02:12 PM
Rashid dashes a few feet to the west (F1). Loosing another arrow from his new vantage point, he attempts to finish off the Elemental.
Rolls

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Jatyu
2009-06-27, 08:36 PM
OOC: Well Frigei's lvl 1 save DC is 14, so here goes nothing:
----------------------------
Seeing his opportunity Ashnen prepares to leap out at the nearest ranger. Suddenly he is interupted when the plants around him spring to life. Narrowly escaping the grasp of a nearby tree, Ashnen runs to his target and strikes.
----------------------------
OOC: I made the reflex save (just) so I move from B6 to D5 (15 feet) and attack the ranger at E5 using my battleaxe in 2 hands.
Attack Roll: [roll]1d20+5
Damage Roll: 1d8+4
Wielding 2h is 1.5x str mod right? In my case 4.5, rounded to 4.

Jatyu
2009-06-27, 08:50 PM
OOC: Forgot you can't edit rolls into posts, so:
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Altaria87
2009-06-28, 02:00 AM
Rashid's Arrow flies past it's intended intended target, while Ashnen's axe is skillfully avoided by the ranger.
The ranger then moves slightly out of Ashnen's way and looses an arrow at Dirok from his Longbow
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Though Leog being in the way helps. Dirok still fails to dodge the arrow and is hit.

OOC:
New map is Here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-1-Map-127343055)
Leog, Frigei, then Quarion are up
Oh yeah, and since it was a five foot step, no AOO for you Ashnen =(

iamthetest
2009-06-28, 03:34 PM
Loeg's eyes burn seeing his new companions are under attack. Flying into a rage he unsheathes his greatsword as he moves from C3 to engage the enemy in E4. Swinging wildly at the enemy (Full Power Attack) he screams.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

attack: +1 (BAB) +6 (STR) -1(PA) damage: 2d6 (base) +9 (STR with 2handed weapon) + 2 (two handed PA)

iamthetest
2009-06-28, 03:35 PM
attack: [roll0]

Philaenas
2009-06-29, 03:10 AM
Frigei gets out his sling and moves to C1, letting one of his bullets fly at the enemy spellcaster, whom he knows should be easier to hit than the other opponents.

to hit: [roll0]

Pyron
2009-06-29, 06:55 AM
Quarion

Nooks an arrow into his bow; his swift aim directed at the enemy wizard. He holds back for now, and will fire at the first sign of arcane provocation.

(Meaning, Quarion will ready an action to fire at the wizard when he starts casting spells).

Attack Rolls:

Altaria87
2009-06-30, 10:46 AM
The Ranger deftly jumps out of the way of Leog's mighty swing, making it miss by a hair's bredth.
Frigei readies his sling but makes a slight miscalculation in his aim leads him to miss the enemy Wizard by a foot.
As Frigei acts however, the grasses around the battlefield once again attempt to hold the enemies fast, this time, the two enemy Rangers cannot escape the plants' grasp.
The enemy Fire Elemental attemps to break out of the plants, but fails. As does the enemy Ranger in the same endevour.

OOC:
Leog and Ashnen need to make reflex saves
Dirok is up
New map is here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-1-Map-127343055)
Nice dice hax by Frigei there

iamthetest
2009-06-30, 11:28 AM
reflex save [roll0]

As Loeg's mighty swing misses its mark he stumbles off balance.

Kobold-Bard
2009-06-30, 02:57 PM
Dirok

Dirok is stunned by the searing pain of the arrow piercing his shoulder. Despite his minimal previous "adventuring" experience, he had never suffered such a singular blow before.

Despite the agony he focusses, and calls up a near invisible barrier to protect him, as he knows full well another blow like that and he's done for.

Cast Mage Armour on myself and move to A1.

Altaria87
2009-07-01, 12:32 PM
The enmy Wizard, knowing he cannot escape the plants' grasp, begins to cast a spell, at which point Quarion's arrow flies straight at him, hitting him, but not wounding him badly, the spellcaster also manages to overcome the grasp of the plants and finally makes a burst of light appear right in front of Rashid.
---
OOC:
-Didn't update the map as only one person moved, will update next post
-Rashid needs to make a DC 14 Fort. Save to avoid being dazzled
-Rashid and Ashnen are up

madtinker
2009-07-01, 12:55 PM
First things first
Fortitude;[roll0]

madtinker
2009-07-01, 12:58 PM
Staring unflinchingly into the burst, Rashid picks out his next target,the wizard and looses a bolt of solid energy (aka, an arrow E=mc^2).
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

stats;
HP 11/11, AC 15
Weilding shortbow +2, 1d6, 17 arrows
FF AC 13, Touch AC 12
Saves; Fort +0 Ref +4 Will -2

Jatyu
2009-07-02, 02:25 AM
First off a Strength Check DC 20 [roll0]

Jatyu
2009-07-02, 02:30 AM
As Ashnen attempts to attack the ranger again, a nearby vine grabs his leg. Suprised by this he goes to cut it, before another vine grabs his wrist. Soon he is entangled in a pile of foliage.

After the plants settle he tries to break free from his captors, his mighty strength is not enough however, and he builds his strength up to try again.

Altaria87
2009-07-02, 10:32 AM
Rashid's Arrow flies straight at the enemy Wizard, doing enough damage to badly disable him.
The bow-armed enemy Ranger attempts himself to free himself from the bonds of the many roots and vines, but fails and waits again to gather his strength.
---
OOC:
-New map is Here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-1-Map-127343055)
-Leog, Frigei and Quarion are up
-Made a mistake on the map, but can't be bothered updaitng again, the Wizard is disabled, not unconscious

iamthetest
2009-07-02, 08:51 PM
Loeg, trapped by the flora, tries with all of his might to break free. Unfortunately nature is slightly stronger than the dwarf.

(8 rounds of rage remaining)

Philaenas
2009-07-03, 02:40 PM
Frigei moves to B2 to get a clearer shot and fires a bullet at the fire elemental. [roll0] [roll1]

Oops, forgot to add the +2 to the d20, can I roll again? :p

Some abysmal rolling going on here lol

Altaria87
2009-07-03, 03:01 PM
OOC:
*doesn't allow* Hey I may be nice, but we all know you just got a 6 :smalltongue:
Also Quarion is up

Pyron
2009-07-03, 06:10 PM
Quarion takes a side step to [E1] and takes aim at the Fire Elemental

Altaria87
2009-07-04, 05:55 AM
As the bullet from Frigei's sling whizzes straight past the trapped elemental, Quarion's arrow just manages to hit it, doing what seems like a bit of damage.
The Fire Elementla and the Ranger both attempt again to break free of their bonds, and like Leog just before them, fail at the task.
---
OOC:
New map is Here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-1-Map-127343055)
Dirok is up

Kobold-Bard
2009-07-04, 06:09 AM
Dirok

Having removed the arrow from his shoulder, and satisfied that he is a safe distance away Dirok pulls up the Crossbow from his side, take steady aim, and releases a bolt straight at the ranger ho injured him.

-----------------
Attack the Ranger in E4 (I don't really mind if that's not the one who attacked me).

Altaria87
2009-07-04, 06:17 AM
Dirok's crossbow bolt goes flying into the Ranger, drawing his blood for the first time.
The enemy Wizard, now slightly dazed, attemps to cast a spell, but the plants around him prove too much and cause him to loose concentration. Afterwards he finds the act was too strenuous and collapses to the floor.
---
OOC:
Enemy Wizard is now unconscious and dying
Rashid and Ashnen are up

madtinker
2009-07-04, 07:54 AM
A smile curling on his lips, Rashid takes aim at the wounded ranger (E4) to finish him off.
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Stats;

HP 11/11, AC 15
Weilding shortbow 1d20+2, 1d6, 16 arrows
FF AC 13, Touch AC 12
Saves; Fort +0 Ref +4 Will -2

Jatyu
2009-07-04, 09:42 AM
Ashnen continues to struggle against the grip of the vines, but just as they start to snap, new growth emerges and binds him. Getting truely annoyed at these plants, Ashnen calls out to Frigei "Dammit druid, call off your plants!"

Altaria87
2009-07-04, 10:40 AM
Rashid's aim comes through again and the bow-wielding Ranger is hit, and giving into the pain, falls to the ground bleeding.
---
OOC:
-The Ranger on E4 is now unconscious and dying

iamthetest
2009-07-04, 02:33 PM
Loeg continues to struggle against the plant life.

(7 rounds of raging remain)

Philaenas
2009-07-04, 03:04 PM
"I heard you Ashnen!" Frigei dismisses the entangling plants, releasing his comrades (and enemies) from their grasp. He then takes another shot at the fire elemental.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Pyron
2009-07-04, 06:27 PM
Quarion

Quarion takes another shot at the Fire Elemental.

Altaria87
2009-07-05, 09:04 AM
After Frigei's plants recede, the Elemental's increased mobility allows it to dodge another sling bullet from Frigei. Quarion's arrow then hits but instead of doing damage is simply incinerated by the heat.
The Fire Elemental then moves up to Rashid and slams into him:
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2] fire
However Rashid skillfully dodges the attack
The non-unconscious Ranger, seeing their loss is a forgone conclusion, throws both his daggers directly over where the Wizard was standing, into Leog.
Dager 1:
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Dagger 2:
Attack: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Both the daggers bounce harmlessly off Leog's armour
---
OOC:
-New map is Here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-1-Map-127343055)
-Dirok, Rashid and Ashnen are up

Kobold-Bard
2009-07-05, 12:22 PM
Dirok

"Oh no you don't you little sneak" says Dirok as he locks another bolt into his crossbow and takes aim at the ranger.

As his bolt flies past it's cowardly target Dirok lets out a bitter curse in Infernal while reaching for a new bolt

------------------------
Attack Ranger in G5.

Attack: [roll0] :smallmad:

madtinker
2009-07-05, 12:26 PM
Flinching at the heat from the elemental, Rashid takes a five foot step backward, and attempts to finish the firey foe.
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Jatyu
2009-07-05, 08:22 PM
Ashnen moves to F5 and attacks the ranger at G5.

-----------------
Rolls:
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Altaria87
2009-07-06, 10:33 AM
As Dirok's bolt flies past his target, Rashid's is dodged by the Fire Elemental, Ashnen's strike is also doged by the remianing Ranger.
---
OOC:
-Left-hand Ranger and Wizard are still unconscoius and dying

iamthetest
2009-07-07, 06:14 AM
attack:
damage: [roll]2d6+9+2

Loeg, now freed from the insidious vines, turns on his heel (5 foot step from E3 to F3) and attacks the fire elemental with all of his fury. Unfortuneately his swing is wide.

Philaenas
2009-07-07, 01:50 PM
Frigei is getting frustrated with all the shots going wide and he puts all his energy in the following shot, directing it at the fire elemental.

[roll0]
[roll1]

edit: omg, how can one roll so badly...

Pyron
2009-07-07, 06:43 PM
Quarion

"We should had brought more water..." Quarion snides, dropping his longbow (free action) to draw his long sword (move action). In a flurry of steel and glinting lights, he sought to distract the elemental enough to grant Leog an opening.

Standard Action: Aid Other (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#aidAnother) [roll0]
* I should only need to hit an AC 10. If that works, then Leog gets an +2 to attack.

Altaria87
2009-07-08, 10:33 AM
As Frigei's bullet is incinerated in the Elemental's body, Quarion gives Leog some aid.
The Elemental then slams it's body into Leog.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] Fire
However th eElemental cannot get through Leog's armor
The Ranger then moves up to G1, draws a Shortsword, and swipes at Rashid with it.
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Rashid is hit directly and is hurt quite badly
---
-New Map is here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-1-Map-127343055)
-Ashnen gets an AoO on the Ranger
-Dirok, Rashid, Ashnen, Leog, Frigei and Quarion are up (everyone inbetween is unconscious...)

Altaria87
2009-07-08, 10:35 AM
Ranger Crit Confirm:
[roll0]
Extra Damage: [roll1]
However despite the Ranger's great hit, he fails to hit any important body parts.

Jatyu
2009-07-08, 09:30 PM
Rolls for AoO
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

----------------
OOC: Well that failed. Why are our rolls horrible and the enemies roll max attack and damage.

Altaria87
2009-07-11, 02:13 PM
OOC:
Dirok is up...

Altaria87
2009-07-12, 08:42 AM
Crud, just read Kobold's thingy.
Dirok moves to C2 and fires a Crossbow bolt at the fire elemental
The bolt is again burned by the Elemental's body.
---
-Rashid, Ashnen, Leog, Frigei and Quarion are up

madtinker
2009-07-12, 06:40 PM
Rashid, seeing the surrounding enemies, takes a step back, away fromt he fire elemental. Dropping his bow, he whips out his rapier and in a stabbing, slashing furry, lays into the ranger, focussing on his every move (declaring +1 dodge bonus against ranger, AC now 16).
Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Jatyu
2009-07-12, 07:55 PM
Skirting around the Fire Elemental Ashnen Moves to H1 and attacks the ranger.
Attack:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

iamthetest
2009-07-13, 03:40 PM
Loeg, peeved at his ineffectiveness, seeks to end the elemental's sentience.

attack: [roll0] (+6str, +2aid)

Philaenas
2009-07-15, 02:41 PM
Frigei is getting very fed up with his bullets missing all the time and charges the ranger in E4 in a sudden rush...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Pyron
2009-07-15, 04:12 PM
Quarion

Quarion takes a short step from E1 to F1, in an effort to flank the element. In that step he takes a slash towards the elemental.

[Edit: Forgot the +2 for flanking. The 13 should be a 15.]

Altaria87
2009-07-17, 10:37 AM
As Rashid's attack on the Ranger misses, Ashnen finally hits home, causing a lot of damage to the Ranger, Leog's attack at the Elemental still narrowly misses. Frigei attempts to run close to the main fight.
Quarion's blow of the Rapier, however, sends the Elemental to the floor, as its existence slowly seeps away.
The Ranger then swipes at Quarion with his Shortsword:
[roll0]
[roll1]
The sword hits home and Quarion is wounded
---
OOC:
New Map is here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-1-Map-127343055)
Fire Elementals are immune to flanking, but quite frnakly, I want to end this battle as quickly as you do, and next encounter (which will be the last one before plot advancement) so I'll allow it for this once.

Altaria87
2009-07-17, 10:41 AM
Dirok once again takes aim at the bloodied Ranger
[roll0]
[roll1]
The bolt hits and sends the Ranger unconscious, slowly bleeding to death.
---
OOC:
I'll take it that you finish off the dying.
You can finally have naother RP segment, remember your listen and spot checks though :smallbiggrin:

madtinker
2009-07-17, 10:54 AM
Search the bodies! Dibs on a better bow and arrows!
Search
Boy, am I thirsty!
Drink potion of Cure light wounds heal [roll]1d8

madtinker
2009-07-17, 10:57 AM
I said, heal [roll0]

Philaenas
2009-07-17, 03:13 PM
"Finally, this encounter is concluded... The rangers may have some items of need. However, where there is one enemy, more might be lruking about. I'll have a quick scout in the direction they came from!"

spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]

edit: The rolling is truly unbelievably bad... Also, that potion will heal 1d8+1 HP :)

Altaria87
2009-07-18, 03:38 AM
You find among your opponenets' weapons:
1 longbow with 20 arrows
2 daggers
1 shortsword
1 light mace
2 suits of leather armour
You also find:
30 gp in total
2 flasks of alchemist's fire
A Potion of Cat's grace
And a Spellbook with Material Components pouch

Pyron
2009-07-18, 12:40 PM
Quarion

"Yes... we should at least replenish our ammunition with their own." (OOC Translation: I would like to take arrows.)

Quarion examines the gash that came from the ranger's steel blade. He mends the wounds with makeshift bandages from the fallen wizard's robes. His curiosity drifts for a moment, wondering if the wizard is carrying a spellbook.

He hesitates calling on his magic, because he believes that his comrade's wounds are more severe. "Who needs aid?"

Rolls:
Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

[OOC: I'm not sure how to handle out--of-combat healing for characters for these PbP games. I guess I'll wait for other characters to speak either IC or OCC with what they think they'll need, then I'll roll for healing in another post.]

[OOC: Also shouldn't the wizard be carrying a spellbook. I noticed it's not listed on the item sheet.] ... what's this dust?

madtinker
2009-07-18, 12:56 PM
Snatching a handful of arrows (handful=5), Boy that potion didn't do much for me. Quarion, are you a healer? Can you do something more about this? He gestures to his bleeding torso.

Altaria87
2009-07-22, 01:43 AM
No-one sees or hears anything.
---
OOC:
-SO anyone gonna claim more loot, or should we get to the second (and last) encounter of this little part?

madtinker
2009-07-22, 10:46 AM
Well, as long as noone else wants it, I can probably use this grace potion. Who wants to carry the rest of it back to base?

Pyron
2009-07-22, 06:18 PM
Quarion

Quarion will burn two scrolls to cover healing, before collecting the spell book, components and 10 arrows.

Rashid: [roll0]
Myself: [roll1]

OOC: I am only holding onto the spell book unless Dirok's player wants it.

Altaria87
2009-07-25, 02:51 AM
OOC: Anyone have anything left to do? because if not, I'll get to the encounter
Oh and I'm pretty sure Dirok would want the spellbook

Kobold-Bard
2009-07-25, 06:38 AM
Dirok

"KYASHTHARDEK LTREJ'TRALWACVIKKIIAL".

Anyone versed in the tongues of the Lower Planes would recognise the Abyssal curse. Roughly translated (and edited for a PG13 environment) it came out as "I am glad that such a frustrating encounter has reached an acceptable conclusion".

Pulling a glass tube from his robes he removed the stopper and drained the colourless liquid before returning the vial to his robes and speaking to Quarion.

"It would seem that those items would be of more use to me, if you are willing to give me them."

CLW: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

I'll also take the Alchemist's fire seeing as I can't use armour and no-one else has claimed it (I think.)

Philaenas
2009-07-25, 08:08 AM
Frigei returns from his short foray and announces that he has seen no other nearby threats. However he does add that this of course does not say there are none and proposes that they all should scout around and search for more potential enemy presence.

"These items are all of no use to me, seeing as they were not made with an eye to the ways of Mother Nature. If all of you are done searching through them, we may well be on our way to scout for danger!"

Altaria87
2009-07-28, 02:02 AM
Almost everyone has said something, so time for the secodn fight.

Quarion manages to see a slight movement in the bushes and react to it in time to see three men, one in Wizard's robes, one hefting a Greataxe, and one with a Holy Symbol of Zarus showing around his neck, and a fire elemental come out of it.
[OOC: Map is here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-2-Map-131175686)]
Initiative:
Dirok: 6
Rashid: 8
Leog: 7
Frigei: 9
Ashnen: 11
(Couldn't get to Quarion's Myth-Weavers, but IIRC he has a +1 modifier): 4
Enemy Wizard: 18
Enemy Barbarian: 16
Enemy Cleric: 7
Fire Elemental: 25
(OOC: The dice hate you all... so much)
So Initiative is:
Fire Elemental
Wizard
Barbarian
Ashnen
Frigei
Rashid
Cleric
Leog
Dirok
Quarion

Luckily, Quarion gets a surprise round all to himself

Pyron
2009-07-28, 07:51 PM
"Not to alarm you, but we have more company."

Quarion speaks, then utters an elvish incantation. Casting Bless.

(Remember, that's a +1 to hit for one minute)

Altaria87
2009-07-29, 01:26 AM
I'm sorry about this, I'm at my Grandma's and can't access my Paint file, so I'll update this evening.

Altaria87
2009-07-29, 01:17 PM
The Fire Elemental charges straight into Rashid, ramming him with it's flaming body:
[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] fire.
The Elemental slams into Rashid, but doesn't cause much damage.
The Wizard skirts around the side of the trees and shoots a Magic Missile at Quarion:
[roll3]
The bolt of force homes in on Quarion, and causes him a minor injury.
The Barbarian charges right into Ashnen swinging his Greataxe:
[roll4] for [roll5]
Ashnen manages to swerve out of the way of the massive swing.
---
New map is here (http://altaria87.deviantart.com/art/Battle-2-Map-131175686)
Ahsnen, Frigei and Rashid are up
Rashid needs to make a DC11 reflex save

madtinker
2009-07-29, 01:25 PM
Rashid's reflex save [roll0]

Altaria87
2009-07-29, 01:28 PM
Rashid manages to avoid bieng set on fire though.

Altaria87
2009-08-05, 12:28 PM
OOC: Sorry about the delay guys, have been busy, if someone could volunteer to be the DM while I'm away it would be good, just finish off this encounter, then if I'm still not back, throw another one at the party, thanks.
Incidentally it appears Frigei's stalling, so initiative whoever was after him.

Philaenas
2009-08-05, 02:42 PM
Isn't Ashnen up first?

Altaria87
2009-08-05, 02:53 PM
[OOC] oops, sorry about that, memory blank, anyway, you might as well do your move then :smallsmile:

Philaenas
2009-08-06, 01:30 PM
Frigei decides to go for the enemy team member who seems to be hanging back. He moves to A5 and slings a bullet towards the cleric.

[roll0]
[roll1]

OOC: incidentially: dice, please love me this time?

Philaenas
2009-08-06, 01:31 PM
OOC: booja, a threat :smallbiggrin:

confirmation

[roll0]
[roll1]

Philaenas
2009-08-06, 01:32 PM
OOC: sorry dudes, tried to post too soon, seems to screw up rolls....

[roll0]
[roll1]

madtinker
2009-09-02, 02:42 PM
OOC: Umm...I think it's my turn, don't know how I missed it.:smallredface:

Attack fire elemental with rapier, declaring dodge against him.
[roll0]. damage [roll1]

Since they're immune to critical hits, no point in rolling again.