PDA

View Full Version : My N64 stopped working

Eldrys
2009-06-21, 08:55 PM
So I was sitting at home Saturday, re-playing Majora's mask, when the screen just went black. The little red light in the front of the box is still on, but there's just no picture. I checked and it's not the game. Will someone please tell me what to do, I really hope I don't have to replace my N64 (there are so many memories:smallfrown:)

Jack Squat
2009-06-21, 08:57 PM
Do you still get sound?

Have you tried a different A/V cable?

Mando Knight
2009-06-21, 09:04 PM
If all else fails...

The kid can still save the world (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms), just not with you using the three-pronged controller.

Because Wii would like to play.

thubby
2009-06-21, 10:21 PM
you can find emulators if your poor 64 has kicked the bucket.

KataraAltinaII
2009-06-21, 10:28 PM
kick it. [or hit it hard]
no joke.

mine does that sometimes, and often times, a good whack is all it takes to get it running again.

Mando Knight
2009-06-21, 11:31 PM
you can find emulators if your poor 64 has kicked the bucket.

Yep. It comes in a white box, is about the size of a couple of DVD cases, and will let you play any Zelda game except for the ones released on the Game Boy or the DS.

Nevitan
2009-06-22, 12:34 AM
My 64 stopped working a few weeks ago too. It didn't die mid-game though, it simply didn't turn on one day. :smallfrown:

Em Blackleaf
2009-06-22, 01:23 AM
This has been a serious reality check for me. I didn't realize the possiblity of an N64 not working. :smalleek:

Now I'm worried about mine. >_>

Actually, there's nothing I do for you but offer *hugs* and cry with you. :smalltongue: But I can agree with the emulator idea, if you can't fix it.

I hope you can fix it!

SMEE
2009-06-22, 01:31 AM
Sounds like that the expansion pack might have bitten the dust. Try to turn the N64 on without it and see.

banjo1985
2009-06-22, 04:09 AM
Cable at the back is a possibility. I too would be surprised if it's teh actual system that stopped working, those things always seemed indestructible. Just about the only advantage of cartridge gaming I think.

thubby
2009-06-22, 06:10 AM
Cable at the back is a possibility. I too would be surprised if it's teh actual system that stopped working, those things always seemed indestructible. Just about the only advantage of cartridge gaming I think.

that and the idea that assaulting your technology could actually fix it (blowing in cartridges, pushing harder to ensure they're in, etc.) is rather comforting.

KataraAltinaII
2009-06-22, 10:07 AM
that and the idea that assaulting your technology could actually fix it (blowing in cartridges, pushing harder to ensure they're in, etc.) is rather comforting.

I'll second this. see my post up above.