PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] routing compertion

oxinabox
2009-06-22, 04:14 AM
a gaming club i'm in is having a routing/game breaking compertion.
I'm not yet sure on the rules as it hasn't been formally announced.
Thgeres going to be multiple divisions.
In this case i'm looking the WotC, all 3.5 books.
And there going to be a PvP 1vs1 tournament to decide the winner.
see my Plan For burrow spring attacks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6327775#post6327775)

Right now i'm thinking tempates (listed are some of the more noteworthy features)
Lolth touched: - con +6, str +6 LA +1
Voidmind: (Bulk immunities inc mind effecting) AC +4, spell resisance equal to 10 +HD (which i'll have few seeing as i have bulk templates), STr +2, dex +2, con +2, int +2, cha -2, LA +1
Black dragonspawn: fly speed, str +2, con +2 cha +2; LA +2, casts as a lvl 1 sorcerer. LA +2,
half minotaur - Size +1 (and all the changes that implies) str +4 con +2 int -2 wis +2 , +10 to all speeds. LA+1

Race:earth mephing: burrow speed, LA+1
total LA: +6.
I'll count up the total bonuses when I do a full write up.

Do I get Feats from levels i have fropm LA. or only from HD?

Emy
2009-06-22, 04:16 AM
Do I get Feats from levels i have fropm LA. or only from HD?

HD

minimum character limit

oxinabox
2009-06-22, 11:25 PM
Heres a
Lolth-touched voidmind wildren.
just the effective Race (total ECL 3), after the templates have been added.
This needs to be applied to base rolled (or point buyed) stats.

Stat Bonuses:
str +10
dex 0
con +12
int +2
wis 0
cha -4

LA +3
HD 0

Skill bonuses:
hide +4
move silently +4
bluff +4
escape artist +4
intimidate +4
listen +2
spot +2

Feats:
Alertness (included above), Combat Reflexes, Great Fortitude (included bellow).

Misc:
medium sized. Outsider
Speed: walk 20 ft, burrow 10 ft. No speed penalty from armour.
Darkvison 60 ft
Scent
Languages: common, dwarven, badger.
No change in appearance other than 4 small holes in head (hidden by fur)
(this is explicitly stated. So obviously the tactical somehow always escapes notice…[please explain])

Protection:
Fort save: +2
+4 natural AC
Stability: +4 to resist trip or bulrush
Damage Reduction: 5/magic
Spell Resistance of 10 + HD

Immunities:
Immune to effects that only effect humanoids.
Immunity to Acid, Ability Damage, Ability Drain, & Energy Drain.
immune to Mind-affecting Effects (!)
Immune to Fear

Attacks (/special actions)
• Fury: for 1 round str +4, AC -2, must have taken damage. Stacks with rage.
• Cone of Slime – Can shoot a 30’ Cone of Acid Slime, 1/day as a Standard Action. Does 1d6 per HD Acid damage (max 20d6) (Ref˝) –and– if takes damage, receives a –2 penalty on Will saves & is Stunned for 1d4+1 rounds (FortNeg). DC is my Constitution-base (very high).
• 2 claw attacks (1d4 +str)
• Gain one 1d6 Tentacle attack with +5’ reach. Tentacle has Improved Grab (so it automatically starts a Grapple without provoking an Attack of Opportunity). It can grapple creatures up to its own size. The Voidmind has a +4 Racial bonus on Grapplechecks. If the tentacle establishes a Hold, it Constricts for 1d6. The tentacle can act independently, so the Voidmind may make its other attacks normally while it Constricts.

Other
Mind Flayer Host – The three Mind Flayers that created the Voidmind have a bond with it:
- always know where it is and if it is hurt
- can use its senses as a Standard Action if it is within 5 miles
- can use Dominate Monster (no save) on it any range. While
using this ability, the Mind Flayer can use its own Psionics
through the Voidmind’s body.

No change in appearance other than 4 small holes in head (hidden by fur)
(this is explicitly stated. So obviously the tactical somehow always escapes notice…)Can someone explain this?

Now compair that to any ECL 3 race:
Gnolls (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Gnolls_%28Race%29)
Lizardfolk (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Lizardfolk_%28Race%29)
Almost completely eclipses them.
I haveall there bonuses and special attack and more.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-06-22, 11:40 PM
Mineral Warrior (http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e) is a superb template at only +1 LA, and gets a burrow speed that has a lot of potential. For example, start as a Shadow Creature Kobold Barbarian (55 ft. base land speed), take Dragonwrought for later and get Dash (CW) for a 60 ft. land speed. Acquire Mineral Warrior after that to get a 30 ft. burrow speed. Take Improved Speed from the Draconomicon to get +10 ft. to all of your movement modes, for a 40 ft. burrow speed. That way you can Bugs Bunny around and pop out to swing, then dive back into the hole and burrow around some more. Get a reach weapon so even if they ready an action to hit you, you can pop out outside their reach.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention, Draconomicon page 66, top right under 'Epic Feats' says, "These feats are available to characters of 21st level or higher. Dragons of at least old age also can choose these feats even if they have no class levels." A Dragonwrought Kobold is a dragon, and according to Races of the Dragon page 39, they advance by age categories just like true dragons, age 41-60 years is their 'old age' category. A Dragonwrought Kobold who's at least 41 years old can take epic feats as though they were an epic level character. Furthermore, on that same page just beneath their maximum age it goes on to explain that dragonwrought kobolds do not suffer aging penalties to their physical ability scores. Take feats like Fast Healing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#fastHealing) and Damage Reduction (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#damageReduction), if you get hit just burrow down and fast heal to full.

Doc Roc
2009-06-22, 11:42 PM
What kind of stuff is allowed? Things like Pun Pun? The Shaedling? Or only original works? Or what?

oxinabox
2009-06-22, 11:46 PM
Rule haven ben anounced.
Theres going to be divisions:
Core 3 only (which i think could be awesome fun)
And i'm assuming All 3.5 WotC (cos It will be popular)
chatagories are decided based on people saying they was to be in a chatagory i think it's a $5 entery, winner takes all. not sure. but i'm not in it to win, just to have fun, and surprise people.

I'm assumning pun pun wouldn't be allowed, so what's the point playning if it is?.

EDIT:
Mineral warrior.
I Like.
Applicable outsiders too.
but if i had that then i wouldn't need to be an outsider

Reach weapon Great Idea!