PDA

View Full Version : Good News Nameless!

Nameless
2009-06-22, 05:03 AM
So I finally went to the GP’s today to see if I really do have Marfan Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfan_syndrome). And… I don’t! Well, at least he said he doesn’t think I have it, although I may need a genetics test to sure. Either way, even if I do have it, it doesn’t seem to be affecting my heart which is the main thing I was worried about.
I do still however have a mild case of Pectus Carinatum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectus_carinatum) at the top of my chest which is a symptom of Marfan Syndrome. Another symptom I have is the top of my inner mouth is quite high. I also have quite thin wrists. Apparently, the best way to see if you have Marfan Syndrome is if you can do these (http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v15/n7/images/5201851f3.jpg), which I can. I also have long fingers and toes, but the only difference is, is that people who do have the syndrome seem to have quite a dramatic curve where the joints are, while mine are quite discrete. Also, my nails seen to grow funny and very quickly. I’ve had a lot of people come up and ask me if I file them or do anything to them.
My arms aren’t especially long though and I'm not freakishly tall but my bones are quite thin and I can't seem to put on any muscle or weight.
So in other words, although I have a lot of the symptoms, some of them seem to be slightly different and I don’t have the syndrome. I asked the doctor why I have these things and he just said he had no idea, but I seem to be healthy.
I only wish I knew I had these things a few years ago so I had something to say to my PE teacher about why I ran out of breath so quickly or why I wasn’t getting fitter like most of the other students.

All in all though, I'm happy. :smallsmile:
Hurray!

axarts
2009-06-22, 05:15 AM
Good news!
Hurrah!
:smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2009-06-22, 05:34 AM
Uh-oh! I can do those! :smalleek: Might have to get a check up. Also, Yay! Nameless doesn't have the disease thingy!

Nameless
2009-06-22, 05:37 AM
Uh-oh! I can do those! :smalleek: Might have to get a check up. Also, Yay! Nameless doesn't have the disease thingy!

Genetic disorder. :smalltongue:

And thanks. :smallbiggrin:

dish
2009-06-22, 06:32 AM
That's very good news - especially the bit about the heart.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-22, 07:00 AM
Yay Nameless!

I am also very thin, and can do the second of the hand things, though I am in no way double jointed, or any other wierd finger things, it actually creeps me out when people do that. However, I'm damn sure I don't have that genetic disorder, and you don't wither, which is good!

Oh, and you have pretty hands. :smallcool:

Nameless
2009-06-22, 08:50 AM
That's very good news - especially the bit about the heart.

Yeah, I'm very relieved about that. :smallsmile:

Yay Nameless!

I am also very thin, and can do the second of the hand things, though I am in no way double jointed, or any other wierd finger things, it actually creeps me out when people do that. However, I'm damn sure I don't have that genetic disorder, and you don't wither, which is good!

Oh, and you have pretty hands. :smallcool:

Another way to check is to hold you hands up to the sides and measure the distance between the tips of your finger to the other.
If it's longer then your body, then you might have it.
Another way to check is to stand in front of a mirror and see if you look like this:
http://www.positiveexposure.org/img/billy.jpg

Eon
2009-06-22, 08:53 AM
That's good Yeah!

Fredthefighter
2009-06-22, 08:54 AM
Congratulations on your good health buddy. *Thumbs up*

banjo1985
2009-06-22, 09:09 AM
Congrats Nameless, it's always good to know there's nothing serious wrong with the old ticker.

The other bonus is, if your trim physique is just natural you can eat shed loads of cake without putting on weight, huzzah! :smallbiggrin:

OverdrivePrime
2009-06-22, 09:21 AM
Congratulations, Nameless! It's always good to learn that you've got one less thing to worry about. I just got some very relieving news from my own doctor, so I can definitely sympathize. :smallsmile:

Dirk Kris
2009-06-22, 09:30 AM
So Nameless is prettier and skinnier than me, and he doesn't even have a disease I can use as an excuse?
...dammit all to hell.

Oh well, Nommi-Name, glad you are well. Let the cyber-pseudo-stalking continue!
*noms*

Nameless
2009-06-22, 09:39 AM
Thanks everyone, yeah it's good to know I haven't got any serious problems. :smalltongue:

*noms Kris*

Recaiden
2009-06-22, 10:33 AM
It's good that you don't have the disorder, especially your heart, but did you have to bring up something I have a lot of the symptoms for? Actually, only a few. Keep being healthy.
* noms Nameless *

Fin
2009-06-22, 10:39 AM
Excellent news Nameless both for you and your descendants (considering the disorder is genetic!) Also is that you in the pool in that picture?

Logalmier
2009-06-22, 10:42 AM
Another way to check is to hold you hands up to the sides and measure the distance between the tips of your finger to the other.
Another way to check is to stand in front of a mirror and see if you look like this:

Or if you look like this:

http://pe.elmstreet-online.com/shop1/catalog/images/NC49100_Voldemort.jpg

What? He was always described in the books as having skinny elongated fingers.:smalltongue:

Nameless
2009-06-22, 10:43 AM
It's good that you don't have the disorder, especially your heart, but did you have to bring up something I have a lot of the symptoms for? Actually, only a few. Keep being healthy.
* noms Nameless *

Sorry. :smallfrown:

Excellent news Nameless both for you and your descendants (considering the disorder is genetic!) Also is that you in the pool in that picture?

Oh no, that's a random person who actually has a serious case of the syndrome. I seem to have toned down symptoms of it for some reason.
Though the only symptom I have around my jaw is the roof of my gum is quite high up. The rest of my face is fine.

Evil DM Mark3
2009-06-22, 10:47 AM
Good news!

I can do a, but not b and look nothing like the picture so no conerns here.

SDF
2009-06-22, 11:13 AM
Hah, I can wrap my thumb and pinkie around about a 1/4th of my arm, but my hands are HUGE, I can palm two basketballs at once. I'm tall and skinny (6'1'', 155) but not gaunt, and am in the middle of the BMI for my height/weight. I also, have perfect vision and can run a marathon like no ones business. But, when you think about it everyone probably has partial symptoms for thousands of disorders.

It's not lupus!

Coidzor
2009-06-22, 12:02 PM
Glad your heart's working good...

Sorry to hear that the attempts to clone you have been stymied so far... Here's hoping they don't have to draw off copious amounts of blood and tissue samples from which to create an army of the damned. in order to get to the bottom of who and what you are.

It's not lupus!
Lupus was the name of his stuffed wolf toy from when he was a child. As he grew up though... Lupus stopped talking and went silent more and more until one day, little House put away Lupus forever....

Icewalker
2009-06-22, 12:04 PM
Wow, yeah, that comes pretty close to describing me, but a little less extreme. Tall, thin, long fingers, and I can do both of those, although barely. My vision is fine though, and I've never really had problems with bones or any other such thing, so I'm pretty sure I don't have it, I'm just shaped in a way that borders on several of the symptoms. Interesting stuff.

Nameless
2009-06-22, 02:53 PM
Wow, yeah, that comes pretty close to describing me, but a little less extreme. Tall, thin, long fingers, and I can do both of those, although barely. My vision is fine though, and I've never really had problems with bones or any other such thing, so I'm pretty sure I don't have it, I'm just shaped in a way that borders on several of the symptoms. Interesting stuff.

I know a few people who have some symptoms, but none who have the syndrome.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-22, 02:57 PM
Thaaaaat's great, Nameless!
::tacklehugnomkiss::
I've very glad you're healthy.

Now I can oggle you with peace of mind.

Nameless
2009-06-22, 03:14 PM
Thaaaaat's great, Nameless!
::tacklehugnomkiss::
I've very glad you're healthy.

Now I can oggle you with peace of mind.

oggle
v. 1. To stare at the breasts or ass of a woman with out their knowledge. see also "learing"

I don't have bewbs and I'm not a women. .-.

*huggles back*

Rutskarn
2009-06-22, 03:26 PM
Congratsi.

Good News Nameless! would be a great name for a late-80s-early-90s sitcom with a sappy song intro.

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-22, 03:28 PM

Oh Jesus. :smalleek:

Crimmy
2009-06-22, 05:17 PM

That's what they made you believe.:smallamused:

kpenguin
2009-06-22, 05:20 PM
Congratulations on not having a genetic disorder, but...

Three words:

NAMELESS
HAS
BOOBIES

Search your feelings... you know it to be true...

Coidzor
2009-06-22, 05:27 PM
...Wait, so what's it called if you're doing everything that ogling is, but you're not doing it without the woman's knowledge? As in, not even trying to be subtle.

...And I'm glad I missed namelesses' bewbs when s/he started getting naked in the You thread... (http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/?action=view&current=Hammerfall-Bloodboundchipmunkd.flv)

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-22, 05:37 PM
Why'de you post a link!!!

Nameless
2009-06-22, 05:41 PM
...Wait, so what's it called if you're doing everything that ogling is, but you're not doing it without the woman's knowledge? As in, not even trying to be subtle.

...And I'm glad I missed namelesses' bewbs when s/he started getting naked in the You thread... (http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/?action=view&current=Hammerfall-Bloodboundchipmunkd.flv)

I took my jumper off! It only exposed my shoulders. :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2009-06-22, 05:41 PM
Why'de you post a link!!!

Photographic evidence.

Plus, a lot of people out here seem to have Nameless fetishes... :smallamused:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-22, 05:43 PM
Plus, a lot of people out here seem to have Nameless fetishes... :smallamused:

>>
I have no idea what you're talking about, good sir.

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-22, 05:49 PM
Maybe it's the huge scythe.

Nameless
2009-06-22, 05:51 PM
Maybe it's the huge scythe.

No one make a joke here.
Please.
NO ONE.

:smallannoyed:

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-22, 05:59 PM
I ment you're weapon you sick freak.:smalltongue:

Crimmy
2009-06-22, 05:59 PM
No one make a joke here.
Please.
NO ONE.

I never thought of one.
Ever.

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-22, 06:19 PM
Did you ever split anyone in two with your scythe?

Nameless
2009-06-22, 06:25 PM
I ment you're weapon you sick freak.:smalltongue:

Indeed, I have a sick mind.
And I'm not just talking sexualy.

>>
I have no idea what you're talking about, good sir.

Rabbit is my not-so-secret E-lover. <3

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-22, 06:26 PM

While I'm not THAT thin, the other test is exactly equal.

Crimmy
2009-06-22, 06:46 PM
*snip*

Rabbit is my not-so-secret E-lover. <3

Really?
Whoa!
Those are new news for my news knowledge!

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-22, 07:26 PM
Really?
Whoa!
Those are new news for my news knowledge!
Here's news for you:
RABBIT LOVES EVERYONE

...But Nameless is the prettiest!

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-22, 07:28 PM
Here's news for you:
RABBIT LOVES EVERYONE

Sadness! D':

Crimmy
2009-06-22, 07:34 PM
Here's news for you:
RABBIT LOVES EVERYONE

I imagined as much. Yet, Nameless does have a 5 star rating.

MADNESS! :smallfurious:

Fixe'd it for you.

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-22, 07:40 PM
How can I compete with a stripping angel of death. :smallfrown:

Crimmy
2009-06-22, 08:05 PM
You can't, and that's the fun of it.

As a matter of fact, I'd love to quote that for siggie, since it's very much true.

Logalmier
2009-06-22, 08:08 PM
How can I compete with a stripping angel of death. :smallfrown:

You don't. I'd give up if I were you. And there's the fact that your avatar looks like a girl, but maybe that's just me.:smalltongue:

Alleine
2009-06-22, 08:08 PM

*huggles back*

Well, we can have dreams too ya know.

Also, I'm very glad that you don't have it. But some of the symptoms listed seem more like the symptoms of simply being tall rather than having a genetic disorder :smalltongue:

*noms nameless*

Anuan
2009-06-22, 11:41 PM

...Ahem. *adjusts foot-high purple-banded tophat, checks fobwatch* Oh dear, it appears it's Time to go somewhere I'm appreciated.:P

Also, Nameless; congrats on not having the bad stuffs :smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-22, 11:54 PM
...Ahem. *adjusts foot-high purple-banded tophat, checks fobwatch* Oh dear, it appears it's Time to go somewhere I'm appreciated

Psssh. Anuan is a favorite, too <3
Mad Hatter Love <3

Anuan
2009-06-23, 12:11 AM
Hurrah! Appreciation! *appreciated dance*

Em Blackleaf
2009-06-23, 12:13 AM
This is good news! Especially the heart thing. *huggles*

You just get to be skinny. Most boys are. Which is totally unfair. :smallannoyed:

:smalltongue:

Coidzor
2009-06-23, 12:21 AM

You just get to be skinny. Most boys are. Which is totally unfair. :smallannoyed:

What? :smallconfused:

...Crimson, your only option now is to seduce Nameless away from Rabbit.

Em Blackleaf
2009-06-23, 12:38 AM
Are you talking about the "good news" thing or the "boys are skinny" thing?
Because I was kinda talking to the original post.

But, boys are usually skinny. At least when they're teenagers/young adults.
My brothers are both twigs, anyway.

J.B. Ganning
2009-06-23, 12:40 AM
Mmmm, and now I have something to get checked up on since I carry most, if not all, of those symptoms.

Coidzor
2009-06-23, 12:43 AM

Indeed... We fatten up once we have longterm relationships though. :smallfrown:

Nameless
2009-06-23, 02:57 AM
Also, I'm very glad that you don't have it. But some of the symptoms listed seem more like the symptoms of simply being tall rather than having a genetic disorder :smalltongue:

*noms nameless*

I'm not that tall, I'm almost 5 ft 11.
*noms face*

Thanks, yeah I'm glad. My friend kept trying to scare me.
*hugs back*

*looks at everyone elses convo*
>.>
<.<
^.^

*runs away*

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-23, 08:49 AM
*Sets thread on fire but not Em and Rabbit*

dish
2009-06-23, 09:11 AM

Oi, what about the rest of us? The innocent are being burned along with the guilty here.

Nameless
2009-06-23, 10:35 AM

You're mean. D':

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/blogs/thelede/posts/0306fat.jpg

I do see where you're coming from though. The irony is, men are supposed to be heavier then women.

CrimsonAngel
2009-06-23, 11:28 AM
*runs into thread and saves everyone*

Crimmy
2009-06-23, 12:34 PM

...Crimson, your only option now is to seduce Nameless away from Rabbit.

Not.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/blogs/thelede/posts/0306fat.jpg

I do see where you're coming from though. The irony is, men are supposed to be heavier then women.

Sure, throw it all on the big boy from my family :smallmad:

:smallamused::smallsmile::smallbiggrin:

Boy are not usually skinny. Maybe not fat, but neither are they skinny.
Also, twigs as in:
http://www.hainaultforest.co.uk/Twig-Beech.JPG

or:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xqU1RoaNqas/SHrXZDUEOjI/AAAAAAAAABA/lRM-j5opcrI/S220/Twig.PNG
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/avatars/AQ/NPCs/Twig1.JPG???