PDA

View Full Version : I received my OotS books.

Lufia
2009-06-22, 06:00 AM
I remember someone whose nickname I forgot complaining about his order taking far, far too long.

Well, here I am on the other end of the wide spectrum of postal service speed. I got confirmation that the package was posted on the 16th and received it today. That's the fastest I have ever gotten international mail. O.o

Apparently, crossing the Atlantic is easier than crossing the Canadian border.

Well, I'm off to read said books, now. :smalltongue:

Orkl
2009-06-22, 07:39 AM
Took less than 2 weeks for me to get them, so I can't complain too much either! :smallsmile:
And I live in Finland, if anyone's keeping score.

Andore Mordre
2009-06-22, 08:11 AM
About a week, week and a half.

Florida, US.

King of Nowhere
2009-06-22, 08:40 AM
Both times I ordered it took almost a month. I'm from Italy

Adomorn
2009-06-22, 11:15 AM
Just 2/3 weeks both the times i ordered them :3
And i live in italy :P

Edit: oh another italian xD

someonenonotyou
2009-06-22, 11:36 AM
I just got sod it didnt take long just about two weeka

nysisobli
2009-06-22, 07:48 PM
bought them from my local gaming store 10 minutes lol

Ted The Bug
2009-06-22, 08:13 PM
I got em fast, but it doesn't matter. They are worth the wait.

Cerrakoth
2009-06-22, 08:18 PM
I order mine from ebay stores, which saves me alot of money on the p&p (Uk resident). The moneys still going to Rich, just from a supplier rather than direct, I recommend this to everyone( I get it within the week as well)

NerfTW
2009-06-22, 08:20 PM
I remember someone whose nickname I forgot complaining about his order taking far, far too long.

Well, here I am on the other end of the wide spectrum of postal service speed. I got confirmation that the package was posted on the 16th and received it today. That's the fastest I have ever gotten international mail. O.o

Wow, that was fast, but the poster you're remembering ordered right during the mom/grad/dad corridor (technically well before father's day, but I wanted to make a Simpsons reference), when the postal service in the U.S. is swamped with gifts and cards.

Fish
2009-06-22, 10:58 PM
I bought mine from my local rogue. Er, gaming store.

Mitth'raw'nuruo
2009-06-23, 04:48 AM
it took me a little of two weeks in Iraq.

It took me about a week in Pennsylvania...

And for the record. If you have not read SOD yet; you need to. It is as improtant as reading such classics as The Bible; Wurthing Heights, All Quite on the Western Front, Pygmalion, and the collected words of Lord Bryon and/or Richard Lovelace.

Mannryu
2009-06-23, 07:56 AM
It took me like 3 weeks, ordering it in gaming shop. If i ordered it in a bookstore, it'd take 10-15 days.
And I live in middle Europe.

Morty
2009-06-23, 08:13 AM
It took me like 3 weeks, ordering it in gaming shop. If i ordered it in a bookstore, it'd take 10-15 days.
And I live in middle Europe.

And how much did you pay for shipping? My only option would be to buy it on eBay or somesuch or from Apegames.

Tundar
2009-06-23, 08:55 AM
IWell, I'm off to read said books, now. :smalltongue:

Happy reading. This comic gets alother better on paper.

foahra
2009-06-24, 06:24 PM
oh really?!?!?!

I just got sod it didnt take long just about two weeka

Adeen
2009-06-24, 06:28 PM
It came to me in like 5 days (with just regular standard USPS priority mail) but I suppose that's cause I'm in Salt Lake City

Morgan Wick
2009-06-24, 11:18 PM
I bought mine from my local rogue. Er, gaming store.

You know, not that long ago I wouldn't have gotten that reference.

awibs
2009-06-25, 03:29 AM
I still haven't gotten my copy of OPCs. It's been since January, and I've been writing back and forth with APE games, who have basically and politely said that I can go fork myself for all they care, and that I'm neither getting another copy shipped nor a refund, nor are they going to pursue it with the post office. It's my problem, although I'm apparently welcome to continue throwing money down the hole trying and trying again to order it from them, and they will continue claiming that they have shipped it even though it never comes. I HAVE pursued it with the post office, with tracking number - they have no idea. My neighbors haven't received it either. I was fortunate enough to buy my copy of SoD off amazon, from a responsible seller. Miraculously, I am able to get items shipped by all kinds of various and sundry sellers all the time, just not from APE games, which means obviously the problem lies with me, my mailbox, the typing of my address (triple checked in the APE case) and my local post office. I am hoping sincerely that either one day the Giant will decide to work with a more reliable printer, or someone will eventually put their copy of OotPCs on amazon.

Eloel
2009-06-25, 04:01 AM
2 days to VA - bought from hieroglyph books(sp?) over Amazon. (bought otoopcs & sod, so otoopcs actually is there in amazon.)

JoseB
2009-06-25, 06:21 AM
I still haven't gotten my copy of OPCs. It's been since January, and I've been writing back and forth with APE games, who have basically and politely said that I can go fork myself for all they care, and that I'm neither getting another copy shipped nor a refund, nor are they going to pursue it with the post office. It's my problem, although I'm apparently welcome to continue throwing money down the hole trying and trying again to order it from them, and they will continue claiming that they have shipped it even though it never comes. I HAVE pursued it with the post office, with tracking number - they have no idea. My neighbors haven't received it either. I was fortunate enough to buy my copy of SoD off amazon, from a responsible seller. Miraculously, I am able to get items shipped by all kinds of various and sundry sellers all the time, just not from APE games, which means obviously the problem lies with me, my mailbox, the typing of my address (triple checked in the APE case) and my local post office. I am hoping sincerely that either one day the Giant will decide to work with a more reliable printer, or someone will eventually put their copy of OotPCs on amazon.

Whoa, that's quite unfortunate... I have always ordered my OotS books from APE games, and I have unfailingly had excellent service from them O.o

Also, without exception, the books made it in a very reasonable time to the Netherlands (where I live) as well as to Japan (where I sent a set of all the books as a gift for a friend).

Your experience is really peculiar. Maybe it depends on who you are dealing with on the other side (APE games)? I don't know.

awibs
2009-06-26, 04:12 AM
2 days to VA - bought from hieroglyph books(sp?) over Amazon. (bought otoopcs & sod, so otoopcs actually is there in amazon.)

It was there a few months ago, when I nearly bought it and should have, then I couldn't find it for the life of me from any seller for awhile, right when I was super frustrated with APE games. Since then I hadn't checked for a few weeks until this comment inspired me to look - and there are some used copies floating around again now! Thanks!

Incidentally, Jose B - I live in metro Chicago. APE seems to be *better* at international shipping than within their own country. Although you are absolutely right; one bad employee can make a whole company look worse than it really is.

The Rose Dragon
2009-06-26, 04:53 AM
I got SoD as a birthday present from my adopted British sister living in China. It took two weeks for it to arrive from England.

Also, totally not worth the hype, IMHO.

Dread Cthulhu
2009-06-26, 04:57 AM
I got mine in a few weeks, and I'm in England. I was amazed at how quickly it came.

Then, by how well they wrapped it.

Then, by the actual book.

sam79
2009-06-26, 03:27 PM
Apart from Awib's unfortunate case, this thread is really quite encouraging. I ordered my Order of the Stick books yesterday from APE. As I live in the UK, I had resigned myself to a wait of at least a month, but it looks like I could be getting them sooner than that, with any luck!