PDA

View Full Version : [Eberron, DND3.5] Where did Humans come from?

Coidzor
2009-06-22, 09:09 AM
I've been over the Eberron campaign setting a few times but all I've been able to work out is that the humans came from somewhere and toppled the remmnants of the Hobbo civilization that was doddering along after the Daelkyr came out and started trying to kill and/or mutate everything.

I have yet to figure out where humans are supposed to have come from in order to get to Khorvaire to settle it though.

Am I really just that bad at reading or is it intentionally left vague?

DiscipleofBob
2009-06-22, 09:15 AM
From what I've read, humans migrated over from Sarlona, first settling in the Lhazaar Principalities.

Sinfire Titan
2009-06-22, 09:16 AM
IIRC, Humans immigrated from Sarlona with the Klashtar.

mohdri
2009-06-22, 10:13 AM
Sarlona, correct, but not with the Kalashtar. The first humans migrated to Khorvair about 3,000 years before the current campaign setting date (998). The kalashar didn't reach Adar (in southern Sarlona) until about 1800 years before 998.

"Secrets of Sarlona" has a decent history section in the beginning of the book, implying reasons for the migration, and a little detail about the human "sorcerer-kings" and the nations there before the Kalashtar and Inspired came.

And no, you really aren't that bad. It is left really very vague in the ECS book, intentionally or not, I don't know.