PDA

View Full Version : Candy Land D20, minds needed!

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-22, 01:59 PM
Races
*Gummy bears
*Sour Patch Kids
*M&Ms
*m&m Minis
*Chocolete Santas
gingerbread people
*Nerds
Animals
*Peeps
*gummy dinos
*gummy sharks
*Sour octopuses
*Easter bunnies
*Marshmallow Peeps
*Animal crackers
*Sweedish fish
*Caramel Turtles
Monsters
*Chewed Gum golem
*s'mores golem.
*misshpen oozy beast
*Jellotinous Cube
*Wax Lips
*Tooth-Goblin
*Tooth-Orc
*Gum Blob
Weapons
*Candycane=Hooked Quaterstaff(for tripping)
*Pretzel=Quaterstaff
*Toothpick=Longsword?
*Lollipop=Mace
*Candy corn on a lollypop stick=Spear
*Chocolate coins,cookies=shields.
*Licorice rope=Whips
*Licorice=Blowgun
*Fruit by the foot= Sling
*Gumball=Sling bullet
*Tooth-Axe=Axe
Misc
*Carmel=Blood
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just some of the things in candy land, and i need people to help make it a reality! please help me make this!

Gingerbread People-Carrrion Humanoid
Gingerbread people:
• Large size. -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
• Speed- 25 ft: Gingerbread people are fast for there size
• Str+4, Con+2, Int-2, Dex-2
• Gingercunning: This ability grants a Gingerbread Person a +2 racial bonus on search checks to notice unusual gingerwork, such as sliding walls, gingerwork traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe ginger surfaces, shaky ginger ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t ginger but that is disguised as ginger also counts as unusual gingerwork. A Gingerbread Person who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual gingerwork can make a search check as if he were actively searching, and a Gingerbread Person can use the search skill to find ginger work traps as a rogue can. A Gingerbread Person can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a normal candy can sense which way is up.
• +2 racial bonus on appraise checks that are related to ginger or hard candy items.
• +2 racial bonus on craft checks that are related to ginger or hard candy.
• Soggy: If a Gingerbread person comes in contact of water, they become soggy and enemies get a +4 bonus damage, goes double for milk.
• Automatic Languages: Candy and Gingerbread. Bonus Languages: Giant, Undercandy, Gummy, Chocolate, Icing
------------Monsters---------------------------
Chocolate bunnies
small-large magical beast
abilities
str: 10+size mod
dex 15+size mod
con 15+size mod
Int 3
wis 3
cha 14

A chocalate bunny is a common magical beast found in candy land. they are gentle beasts that spend their days grazing on the plastic grass of the vast feilds. druids or clerics of the chocolate domain sometimes traing bunnies as gaurdians or beasts of burden.

combat:
chocolate bunnies usually prefer to run than fight, hiding in brightly colored grass and hording their eggs. when cornered they will attack with their sharp pointy teeth and powerful legs.

special abilities/qualaties
messy hands: any who has delt short range or unarmed combat to chocolate bunnies gets chocolate smeared on thier hands, they take a -2 on dex checks until they wipe it off (full round action)
vorpal incentive: for some reason all who fight/hunt the chocolate bunnies feel the need to decapitate them. upon first inititive all must roll a will (DC 10+hd) or become obsessed with only attacking hte bunnie's head (and taking all penalties for specific damage thusly)

Variant
SOLID CHOCOLATE BUNNY

the solid chocolate bunny is a dire animal, hardier, stronger and meaner than its less regal counterparts the solid chocolate bunny is a force to be reckoned with
traits to add to a normal chocolate bunny
*add +5 hd
*damage reduction 5
*power attak
*+5 to con

notes:
nests: bunnys nest in green or brightly colored plastic grass. they typicly dig burrows where they keep a small assortment of valuble/semi-precious goods they find
eggs: for some unknown reason a wild bunny's nest will always have at least 2D6 chocolate eggs in it. the reasons are a mystery as the bunnies seem to care for the eggs, but its clear they did not lay them themselves. a sybiotic relationship with Peeps has been theorized.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
small Celestrials
UmpaLumpas
hp: 10d8 (72)
str 10
dex 20
con 10
int 13
wis 25
cha 17

they appear as short elven bronze skinned workers.

Umpalumpas are servents to the god Wanka and are givers of light and wisdom, freely giving advice to wayward travelers (be the road physical or spiritual) unfortunatly they eat chocolate to survive, therefore many worshipers of Wanka offer up their dead (if they are a chocolate race) or a portion of their chocolate hunt to slate the thirst of the wise Umpas.

Umpas can be summoned with a summon monster IV spell.
Umpas usually have at least 15 ranks in craft chocolate, and craft sugar.

Umpa character's take classes in Bard.

there is also a orange varity that is larger, fatter, and slightly less skilled at music than the normal varity, subtract 5 from dex, and add 3 to con and 2 to str. for organe Lumpas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gods-
Willy Wonka: Greater Power
Symbol: Golden wrapper/swirly lollipop
Domains: Candy, Magic, trickery,
Favoured Weapon: Chocolete Lollypops

The Dentist: god of teeth and fillings
Symbol: Dentures
Domains: Healing, Trickery, death
favored weapon: Denture pick

Suger-Free: God of anti-suger
Symbol: Splenda pack
Domains: Trickery
Favored weapon: Posion

WampaX
2006-02-22, 02:04 PM
These are just some of the things in candy land, and i need people to help make it a reality!
I am making the Gingerbread People as we speak, please help me make this

Gingerbread People-Carrrion Humanoid

Did you see the Giant's Gingerbread Golem (http://www.giantitp.com/Func0018.html)?

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-22, 02:12 PM
Yes i did indeed see it, lo i do not understand the whole open game content deal, and i do not wishesth the get sued. On the upside, gingerbread people are done!

I think M&Ms should be the equivilent of humans, anyone else think so? So m&m minis will be halflings?

Jothki
2006-02-22, 04:42 PM
I'd dump all the brand names. Best to stick with generics, I would think.

ReluctantDragon
2006-02-22, 05:32 PM
I'm sorry, I felt the need to respond. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought suddenly, gingerbread men, running around a specific area, all trying to get that huge lollipop artifact. Then it mixed in with Chutes and Ladders and they all had a tumbling skill and climb skill. Wow.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-02-22, 06:08 PM
An excelently disturbing melieu!!!

You won't get sued for Open Game stuff, that's the point. Use it!!!

BTW, for a tired old brit, what are "s'mores"?

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-22, 06:12 PM
you take a marshmellow, roast it, when its golden shelled, shmoosh it between two gram crakers, and add chocolete. Viola! you made you'r first s'more!

Seffbasilisk
2006-02-22, 07:27 PM
Add chocolate before squishin' 'tween 2 grahm crackers. The hot marshmallow melts it a little.

and when I read the title, I thought it said 'Candy Land D20, mines needed!' and I was thinking 'we're putting explosives in the peppermint forest?'

Edmund
2006-02-22, 07:56 PM
Just a quick thing: Candy canes might be better off as swords, and lollipops should be axes. Oh! And maces should be that rock candy on a stick garbage. Blech.

Ah! A thought. There should be taffy bows. with candy-corn arrows.

SpiderBrigade
2006-02-22, 08:03 PM
Seff, that's the Candyland D20 grim'n'gritty variant you're thinking of, with the mines. Which would admittedly be a lot of fun, too. Lots of deadly-serious gingerbread men fighting to the death over politics, or something.

Also, Altair: I think he means getting sued for using trademarks like M&Ms, etc. I'll have to check their labelling but I'm pretty sure they're not OGL compliant ;-)

Seffbasilisk
2006-02-22, 08:33 PM
That would be so awesome. ;D

'One draws a peppermint rapier, one draws a lolly-pop axe. Squaring off they charge at each other screaming 'to the Death!''

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-22, 11:21 PM
Yeah, true. Blunt axes!

MrNexx
2006-02-22, 11:39 PM
Yeah, true. Blunt axes!

Dude, you ever just sucked on one for a while? They can get a bit of an edge on them...

pincushionman
2006-02-23, 11:19 AM
M&M's and Nerds aren't exactly antrhopomorphic...But I can see Nerds as familiars (for some odd reason...).

Other candy ideas:

"Turtles" (carmel blob covered in chocolate, with pecans sticking out to mimic legs and a head)
Gum drops and spice drops
Fireballs (and Atomic Fireballs - C'Mon, it's just asking to be used!)
Pixie Stix
Good N' Plenty (sounds like high-quality rations to me!)
Wax Lips (...da** I hate wax...I must insist that these be monsters of some kind)

And I'll seccond the "licorice whips" idea...in fact, sometimes they are labeled as such.

I'll think more later.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-23, 07:59 PM
Pixie sticks and Candy canes= Trees

Leperflesh
2006-02-23, 09:48 PM
Brittish people don't know what 'graham crackers' are.

Stand clear, everyone: I'm fluent in The Queen's English!

A 'graham cracker' is a square, brown sweet biscuit. It has a fine texture, and tastes a bit of honey. They're more crumbly than a digestive biscuit, but not as crumbly as hobnob.

-Lep

Yuki Akuma
2006-02-23, 09:53 PM
I knew what graham crackers were...

Although I'll admit I didn't know they tasted like honey.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-23, 11:07 PM
Poisenious vegitables/fruits! other than that i'm thinking one thing, spells. Purify Food and drink will heal you, so a clerics called a. . . baker? i dont know. . .

Guancyto
2006-02-24, 03:01 AM
Hmm.

I see Baker as being more an Artificer or Effigy Master. I could also see a lot of PrCs like Master of Canes (Master of Chains), Glucomancer (Geomancer), Acolyte of the Skein (For all the weavers in the setting), etc.

You might be able to have all Rouges in the setting be outsiders from the Plane of Makeup, and then have the Paraelemental Plane of Paper and Pencil be feared for its Dual Lists, and the Black Guards protect the palace of licorice or something.

pincushionman
2006-02-24, 11:09 AM
I knew what graham crackers were...

Although I'll admit I didn't know they tasted like honey.
Honey grahams do. Other varieties might be flavored with, say, cinnamon.

They also taste very good with homemade frosting. Mmmm...

fireinthedust
2006-02-24, 11:20 AM
Ah good, no one posted this before me!

Willy Wonka: Greater Power
Symbol: Golden wrapper/swirly lollipop
Domains: Candy, Magic, trickery,
Favoured Weapon: ?

Spells: don't forget prismatic spray, and all the prismatic/rainbow colours! you draw a card and travel to that square on the board.

Gingerbread t Flesh, Flesh to Gingerbread: used most often by witches on little children, this spell turns fleh and blood creatures into non-animate gingerbread people.

Artifact: Deck of many colours: a powerful artifact of transportation used in the ancient days of Candyland, the deck of many colours allows the user to draw it and be ransported to the next nearest tile of the appropriate colour. The cards disapear after each use and reappear at the bottom of the deck.

Major NPCs: the witch with the gingerbread house is a must. And the various candyland npcs.

As a Canadian, could we have the gingerbread men be termed gingerbread people, or persons of Gingerbreadness? I think we should recognize te distinctive character of each and every candy, and not discriminate based on gender/ingredients.

Also: at te local bakery we have the regular faces, but they also put faces in sugar: big bird, ernie and burt, barney, that sort fo thing. Should we have subraces, or should the extra sugar be magic items that grant powers of some sort (like magic masks)?

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-24, 01:20 PM
As for the tile part, this is going to be a d20 game, much like D&D, exept well. . . candy. yes i do agree that The witch is a "good" npc, who turns candies into people and then cooks them.

As for gingerbread men and gingerbread people? I dont get it, are you saying gingerbread men should be inanimate?

Suger, just pure suger is there food, so glucomancer could, in fact, be a healer.

fireinthedust
2006-02-25, 12:14 AM
nonono, but that the gingerization of the individual should not assume gender in language.

Gingerbread in this context is either animate (for people) or inanimate (for Gingercunning... which is easily the coolest ability ever to have; bless you, sir, bless you!). So Gingerbread-to-Flesh deals with the inanimate gingerwork kind.

In fact: would GingerCunning grant a gingerbread person the Heal Injury skill to determine the remaining hit points and health condition of the gingerperson/person of gingerliness they're looking at?

Maybe instead of Goblins and Orcs we could have characters made of teeth and enamil: they come out of the hills to crush and destroy houses, people, whatever, driven by their hunger to consume the people of the lands below?

Psi-Crystals should be made of Rock Candy sugar; maybe different colours grant different item creation powers, like the shards of Eberron setting.

Illithids could be exactly the same, but their de-braining should take a really-really-really long time (sucking on the head)

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-25, 10:14 AM
Ah, i get it now! Ginger,the stone and the people people of this game(thankith for thy blessings). So yes, they would be able to get a +2 on healing and seeing health.

Yes yes, teeth monsters, along with candy monsters, can probily be a hard nemisis.

Sci-Candy idea, great! So about this ebberon special crystal thing?

Illithids? Yeah, well i dont realy thing candy HAVE brains. . . I mean, when was the last time you had a brain in candy? Well. . . mabye Crillithids(suck carmel out of you) So then blood is carmel, BRILLIANT!

As for races and monsters, we need people to do so! C'mon!

Nero24200
2006-02-27, 12:27 PM
One of the evil-alinged gods
The DENTIST

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-02-27, 04:42 PM
Dude, yeah and Suger-free god! and the national board of health!

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-03-05, 10:01 PM
Wait, shouldent this be in the community world-building forum?(or whatever its called)

MrSeth
2006-03-05, 10:04 PM
*headslam*

This topic... is undeniable proof that the spirit of Bob Herzog is alive, well, and possessing gamers the world over.

Tilian
2006-03-05, 10:23 PM
Seff, that's the Candyland D20 grim'n'gritty variant you're thinking of, with the mines. Which would admittedly be a lot of fun, too. Lots of deadly-serious gingerbread men fighting to the death over politics, or something.

Anyone else reminded of an old Perry Bible Fellowship comic?

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3364/pbf051adsweeto4io.jpg

(hosting on imageshack as PBF isn't always kid-safe)

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-03-06, 08:29 AM
Smeone already showed us that comic. Also yes im posessed, but not by that guy.

Ing
2006-03-06, 09:41 AM
Chocolate bunnies
small-large magical beast
abilities
str: 10+size mod
dex 15+size mod
con 15+size mod
Int 3
wis 3
cha 14

A chocalate bunny is a common magical beast found in candy land. they are gentle beasts that spend their days grazing on the plastic grass of the vast feilds. druids or clerics of the chocolate domain sometimes traing bunnies as gaurdians or beasts of burden.

combat:
chocolate bunnies usually prefer to run than fight, hiding in brightly colored grass and hording their eggs. when cornered they will attack with their sharp pointy teeth and powerful legs.

special abilities/qualaties
messy hands: any who has delt short range or unarmed combat to chocolate bunnies gets chocolate smeared on thier hands, they take a -2 on dex checks until they wipe it off (full round action)
vorpal incentive: for some reason all who fight/hunt the chocolate bunnies feel the need to decapitate them. upon first inititive all must roll a will (DC 10+hd) or become obsessed with only attacking hte bunnie's head (and taking all penalties for specific damage thusly)

Variant
SOLID CHOCOLATE BUNNY

the solid chocolate bunny is a dire animal, hardier, stronger and meaner than its less regal counterparts the solid chocolate bunny is a force to be reckoned with
traits to add to a normal chocolate bunny
*add +5 hd
*damage reduction 5
*power attak
*+5 to con

notes:
nests: bunnys nest in green or brightly colored plastic grass. they typicly dig burrows where they keep a small assortment of valuble/semi-precious goods they find
eggs: for some unknown reason a wild bunny's nest will always have at least 2D6 chocolate eggs in it. the reasons are a mystery as the bunnies seem to care for the eggs, but its clear they did not lay them themselves. a sybiotic relationship with Peeps has been theorized.

needs to be cleaned up a bit but i think it's pretty good.

Ing
2006-03-06, 03:36 PM
ok some planar stuff

small Celestrials
UmpaLumpas
hp: 10d8 (72)
str 10
dex 20
con 10
int 13
wis 25
cha 17

they appear as short elven bronze skinned workers.

Umpalumpas are servents to the god Wanka and are givers of light and wisdom, freely giving advice to wayward travelers (be the road physical or spiritual) unfortunatly they eat chocolate to survive, therefore many worshipers of Wanka offer up their dead (if they are a chocolate race) or a portion of their chocolate hunt to slate the thirst of the wise Umpas.

Umpas can be summoned with a summon monster IV spell.
Umpas usually have at least 15 ranks in craft chocolate, and craft sugar.

Umpa character's take classes in Bard.

there is also a orange varity that is larger, fatter, and slightly less skilled at music than the normal varity, subtract 5 from dex, and add 3 to con and 2 to str. for organe Lumpas

Freeman333
2006-03-06, 04:05 PM
Possibly the most delicious D20 mod ever. Anyone familiar with Kinder Surprise? A German-made treat, vaguely represented by WonderBalls here in the 'States. A chocolate shell with a toy inside--tasty and entertaining, perhaps the perfect food.

For our purposes here, this could be the equivalent of a bag of tricks or other randomly-determined magic item; a character cracks open (or eats, though that may be considered cannabilism in this world) the shell and rolls d% to determine what useful item is found inside.

Renloth
2006-03-06, 04:52 PM
Kinder is making its way into stores in the US.

I know what you mean though, absolutely wonderful stuff. My extended family in Germany always sends us tons of Kinder chocolate around Christmas time.

Ing
2006-03-06, 09:17 PM
flesh to stone= chocolate to hard candy. heheh

instead of poison pellets to make water toxic, pop rocks and soda.

OH OH OH I GOT IT, instead of regular elves have Kebler Elves. like the guys who live in the trees and make snacks.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-03-07, 08:09 AM
The guys who make the cookies?

Murky_Pool
2006-03-07, 03:07 PM
Anyone ever play Transport Tycoon on the PC

That had Candy Land settings with things like cola mines (oil wells), candy stick forests (I think) and other silly things.

If you can hadle the occasional detour from sweets you could use the Clangers soup mines, just watch out for the Soup Dragon (no, not the band)

Ing
2006-03-07, 04:10 PM
think of the elemental planes.
Elemental Plane of FRYER: inhabited by such things as Leftover Chicken Golems, Pultrygysts, ExtraCrispsy beasts, Mcnugget hordlings. and ruled by Colonol Sanders god of FRY

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-03-07, 05:15 PM
Yeah and umm. . . Plane of flesh(Hell for the Players)

lost_my_NHL
2006-03-07, 05:56 PM
Alignments: Sweet v Bitter, Sour v Salty

Sour Sweet: like sour patch kids

Sour Bitter: something tart, like unsweetened superconcentrated cranberry juice

Salty Sweet: lots of foreign candies are salty and sweet. so is licorice

Salty Bitter: Something purely dislikeable. I shudder to venture into this realm. Just thinking of the combinations of those two tastes... (shudder)

Sizes-------

medium would be like a small gingerbread character, 2-2.5 inches high. This would mean that a mini candycane would be like a greatsword or a quarterstaff, or a toothpick would be like a spear. a toothpick with a gumdrop would be a waraxe. A single strand of a twizzler twists would be a whip/ spiked chain.
Turtles would be medium [long] creatures.
Peeps woudl be medium creatures
Wax lips would be medium [long] creatures

Then small would be 1.25 inches high, like a sour patch kid, a hershey's kiss, or a swedish fish, and if it held a toothpick, it would be a longspear.
Animal Crackers would be small [long or tall] creatures

tiny would be about half-an-inch, like an M&M or a gummy bear.

diminutive would be the size of a nerd (maybe caltrops or sling bullet?)

fine would be an individual grain of salt or smaller

this would mean Large would be about 4 inches high, so a full-size gingerbread man could use a toothpick as a rapier, or a toothpick with a gumdrop on the end as a mace.

Huge would be about 8 inches high, e.g. some chocolate santas and bunnies, so a full size candy cane would be a greatsword for them, or a spherical lollipop would be a mace

Gargantuan would be about 16 inches tall, like those giant chocolate bunnies. They might even weild rolling pins like a greatclub.

And Collasal would then be about a yard tall. Those giant translucent tubes of candy you see in stores, filled with hershey kisses? They come in gargantuan and colossol sizes. I'm thinking either a quarterstaff or a greatclub. Also, giant pixie sticks are like a... whip/ spiked chain?

These figures are for a bipedal creature.

I would suggest having chocolate Santas and Bunnies be like monstrous spiders or tojandas: have a stat block for sizes tiny to Collossol.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-03-07, 07:31 PM
Awsome, were keeping that!

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-03-10, 11:06 PM
Oh we still need people to make the races!

Phasm
2006-03-11, 05:17 AM
You need Peeps! As an animal/monster, methinks, not as a PC race. They're too squishy for much combat ;D Maybe as wild game, or a replacement for domestic animals?

"Tonight, we feast on roast Peep!"
"YAAAAAY!"
"My favorite!"
"Can I have the head, Daddy? Can I? Pleasepleaseplease?"

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-03-11, 10:01 AM
K i added it to the list

Furanku_S
2006-03-11, 10:57 PM
Peeps should be mounts! Everyone who's ever Peep jousted can attest to this ;D

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-03-12, 12:20 PM
Peep jousted?? what did you take prezles and stick them in each other and then ram them into each other so they die??