PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 non-optimizied lv. 50 challenge

JeenLeen
2009-06-22, 12:34 PM
My DM has proposed an odd challenge to the party.

We are fairly optimized, about to hit epic.
He wants to pit us against a Level 50 person as unoptimized as possible. He's thinking of running a straight Lv. 50 Fighter without a charge build, but I think he can do worse.

I was wondering of your ideas for a Lv. 50 so unoptimized that a team of four Lv. 21-24 can take him (with difficulty, perhaps.) A plausible character is preferred, but humour is appreciated.

Relevant House-rules: No more than 3 base classes. To enter a new PrC, you must first finish the old one. Some of the more broken spells are banned, but Cleric/Druidzilla and Batman Wizard still work. All books open.

I'm thinking Bard entering Green Star Adept, myself, with some level dips into Fighter. Or level 50 commoner.

Adumbration
2009-06-22, 12:37 PM
50th level Wizard. Make it an Orc. With starting Intelligence of 4. And never, ever buy anything that might improve your intelligence, and use all your level points in Strength, 'cause that's what orcs do. Also spend all his wealth in gathering all the spells in every book, never to use them.

Flickerdart
2009-06-22, 12:37 PM
Level 50 Wizard with 8 INT would work. Lvl 50 Monk, too.

Ent
2009-06-22, 12:40 PM
Try to keep adding +0 BAB classes so he has no to hit.

Lert, A.
2009-06-22, 12:41 PM
Level 50 truenamer with no stat-boosting items.

SurlySeraph
2009-06-22, 12:43 PM
How about an Epic Commoner (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3003461#post3003461)? You could give him an adamantine rake, lederhosen woven from the hair of gods, and a wheat field the size of Sigil.

Flickerdart
2009-06-22, 12:48 PM
Level 50 truenamer with no stat-boosting items.
53 skill points, 30 INT from level ups alone. +73 to the Truename check against CR21 enemies? He'll make it every time, even Quickened.

ImmortalAer
2009-06-22, 12:55 PM
39 Wizard/1 Barbarian/10 Green Star Adept

And you took the Barbarian class level first, and have no Starmetal.

Get weaker than that, I dare you.

Lert, A.
2009-06-22, 12:56 PM
53 skill points, 30 INT from level ups alone. +73 to the Truename check against CR21 enemies? He'll make it every time, even Quickened.

Did I forget to mention that this build was to use a Flesh Golem as the base creature?

EDIT: option 2

Assuming that the Druid Shapeshift variant is a supernatural ability (not specifically defined in PHB2), a Shapeshift Druid in metal full plate armor.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-06-22, 01:21 PM
You can definitely do worse than a Fighter. After all, there's always CWar Samurai.

ericgrau
2009-06-22, 01:32 PM
commoner 20 / expert 20 / wizard 10, with int and strength as dump stats?
Gear: all cursed. He still has a 25 BAB (or 10 BAB + 15 EAB, but w/e), but the poor gear and stats should kill his damage.

If you actually try then it'd be hard to do poorly with any class. The magic items alone would make him strong.

sofawall
2009-06-22, 01:35 PM
39 Wizard/1 Barbarian/10 Green Star Adept

And you took the Barbarian class level first, and have no Starmetal.

Get weaker than that, I dare you.

Someone Mind Switched into a sandwich?

I think it goes: Manifest Astral Seed, kill yourself. Take a sandwich, PAO it (NPC caster?) into a rabbit, Mind Switch with it, and destroy the astral seed. Then, dispel/wait out the PAO. You are now a sandwich. Enjoy your 0 int.

(This is all assuming I remember the sequence right. I know it involved PAO, Mind Switch, Astral Seed and a sandwich/rabbit.)

The Gilded Duke
2009-06-22, 01:39 PM
I'm actually more of a fan of C War Samaurai because of the wonderful things you can do with it and imperious command.

Weakest level 50 encounter

Human Monk 1/ Ghost (LA 5) Evolved Undeadx44 (LA 44)

Has 44 spell like abilities all at CL 50 with save dc based off of it's charisma of 88 +

And 1 HD.

Turn Undead.

Indon
2009-06-22, 01:41 PM
Lvl 50 Monk, too.

Eeew. Too many monk abilities scale with HD - the guy would have defenses that would pretty much require high-level spellcasting cheese to beat, even if you did nothing but take Toughness for every feat.

Hmm... toughness...

A level 50 fighter who took nothing but Toughness and Epic Toughness, spending all their stat gains on Con, would be hilarious to fight. You could easily be looking at 30 Con for 50d10+500 HP from HD alone.

Then you take Toughness 19 times (11 times class, 8 times for level 20 human) for 57 more HP. Then you take Epic Toughness 25 times (15 epic class feats, 10 standard), for 750 more HP.

So you're looking at 50d10+1307 HP - and like a 2d6+3 (Greatsword, str 14) attack (at +50/+45/+40/+35/+30/+25/+20/+15/+10/+5, so it'll be funny if the party ever gave him a chance at a full attack, too).

Flickerdart
2009-06-22, 01:43 PM
Eeew. Too many monk abilities scale with HD - the guy would have defenses that would pretty much require high-level spellcasting cheese to beat, even if you did nothing but take Toughness for every feat.
Enervation offers no save or SR. You'd only need, on average, 20 vanilla Evernations to kill this guy, something a 21st level Wizard should have in droves.

Eldariel
2009-06-22, 01:44 PM
Enervation offers no save or SR. You'd only need, on average, 20 vanilla Evernations to kill this guy, something a 21st level Wizard should have in droves.

Enervation has SR. Orbs don't offer SR.

Indon
2009-06-22, 01:46 PM

Enervation is a ray, and epic monk AC bonus continues to increase (though admittedly, it would only be 6 points higher).

Edit: Also, you need to bear in mind that Monk special ability DC's are increased by their class levels - you'd be fighting a Monk whose Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm abilities actually worked.

kc0bbq
2009-06-22, 02:40 PM
So you're looking at 50d10+1307 HP - and like a 2d6+3 (Greatsword, str 14) attack (at +50/+45/+40/+35/+30/+25/+20/+15/+10/+5, so it'll be funny if the party ever gave him a chance at a full attack, too).You don't gain BaB after level 20, and the epic attack bonus doesn't give you more attacks.

Or am I missing something?

Indon
2009-06-22, 02:50 PM
You don't gain BaB after level 20, and the epic attack bonus doesn't give you more attacks.

Or am I missing something?

No, I was missing something. That makes more sense, honestly, and makes my Toughness Warrior much less intimidating.

Edit: In fact, said warrior would have a full attack routine of +37/+32/+27/+22.

quick_comment
2009-06-22, 02:58 PM
Level 50 fighter?

Forcecage. End of fight.

Indon
2009-06-22, 03:03 PM
Level 50 fighter?

Forcecage. End of fight.

You don't need that much cheese against my fighter - you can beat him in a hard-fought straight-up battle doing only HP damage.

Eventually.

Deepblue706
2009-06-22, 03:04 PM
Level 50 fighter?

Forcecage. End of fight.

If he can afford items that someone who has 40% of his levels could get using WBL, there's a chance that a forcecage alone isn't going to do much.

Flickerdart
2009-06-22, 03:05 PM
Enervation has SR. Orbs don't offer SR.
Does it? Huh.

Anyways, any Undead laughs at a Monk's reliance on Fort saves. Likewise for anything with DR or incorporeality. Those are easy enough to get at high levels.

quick_comment
2009-06-22, 03:08 PM
If he can afford items that someone who has 40% of his levels could get using WBL, there's a chance that a forcecage alone isn't going to do much.

Well yeah, but he is unoptimized. At level 50, everyone becomes a wizard.

Indon
2009-06-22, 03:11 PM
If he can afford items that someone half of his level could get using WBL, there's a chance that a forcecage alone isn't going to do much.

Man, it is really hard to go wrong with epic WBL.

My fighter'd have to at least get +12 Con bracers, of course, for 1.4 million gold. Mmm, 300 more HP.

He could also potentially become an actual challenge for a normal level 20ish party with a +10 Cloak of Resistance, +10 armor with +9-equivalent SR, +10 Amulet of Natural Armor, a +10 Ring of Protection, and a Greater Ring of Universal Energy Resistance. (A total bill of somewhere around 6-7 million gold)

Deepblue706
2009-06-22, 03:12 PM
Well yeah, but he is unoptimized. At level 50, everyone becomes a wizard.

Well, forgive me for getting the impression that 'optimization' was purely a build-related sentiment, and lacking it means to completely shun items as well.

But really, there's no point in saying "It's level 50" and then saying it's pathetic because it's a Fighter, or something, and then deny it to have magical items. While Spellcasters don't have that problem, anything else does. Perhaps it shouldn't have access to all of the game-ending equipment (and maybe he just spends half of his wealth on the upkeep of his fortress), but if the fight is to be interesting in the least, you have to account for the DM finding ways to justify a bitch-slap to the obvious Fight-Enders.

Edit: to clarify my point, you could say it's a level 50 Wizard who got polymorphed into a chicken before the fight. It's still level 50. But that's not a fight if he doesn't find another way to cast.

Edit again: I think I'm kind of in a state of delirium at the moment. Had a migraine earlier and I think the medicine is interacting with my ability to think. Uh...right. Better to leave the more ranting aspects of my argument ignored, eh? In any case, I'm withdrawing until I can stop the room from spinning.

quick_comment
2009-06-22, 03:33 PM
Well, forgive me for getting the impression that 'optimization' was purely a build-related sentiment, and lacking it means to completely shun items as well.

Not shun items, but getting at will disintegrate, teleport or MDJ is certainly a form of optimization.

With the WBL of a level 50 character, you can basically get slotless at will items that let you command word a vast number of spells. That character is basically a sorcerer.

Indon
2009-06-22, 03:59 PM
The epic WBL chart only goes up to level 40, but extrapolating it out at the rate it increases near the end of the chart (that is to say, not extrapolating it exponentially as wealth tends to do all the other levels) to level 50 provides a WBL of roughly 26.5 million gold.

Heliomance
2009-06-22, 04:42 PM
The Survivor PrC from Savage Species? Does diddly-squat for your offensive capabilities - including having 0 BAB - but does really quite a lot for your defense.

Draz74
2009-06-22, 05:02 PM
How about a Wilder, with only utility powers, no attack powers?

Hmmm. Even easier if you do, for example, Wilder 15 / Lurk 15 / Sorcerer 15 / Survivor 5, weakening your guy drastically with multiclassing.

You can take some attack abilities, just to keep things interesting. Things that don't scale well, like Melf's Acid Arrow.

Then you take Toughness 19 times (11 times class, 8 times for level 20 human) for 57 more HP. Then you take Epic Toughness 25 times (15 epic class feats, 10 standard), for 750 more HP.

Nitpick: Toughness is actually not a Fighter Bonus Feat.

kc0bbq
2009-06-22, 05:15 PM
Nitpick: Toughness is actually not a Fighter Bonus Feat.No DM would be able to look a player in the eyes and say that they can't have toughness as a fighter feat. Now, whether or not they can do it with a straight face is up to them.

Kylarra
2009-06-22, 05:25 PM

Hmm... toughness...

A level 50 fighter who took nothing but Toughness and Epic Toughness, spending all their stat gains on Con, would be hilarious to fight. You could easily be looking at 30 Con for 50d10+500 HP from HD alone.

So you're looking at 50d10+1307 HP - and like a 2d6+3 (Greatsword, str 14) attack (at +50/+45/+40/+35/+30/+25/+20/+15/+10/+5, so it'll be funny if the party ever gave him a chance at a full attack, too).
Switch all the normal toughness for improved toughness. >_>

erikun
2009-06-22, 08:17 PM
Someone Mind Switched into a sandwich?

I'm pretty sure you retain your INT as a sandwich. That, and you'd need a pretty good INT and powers to pull it off to begin with.

I'm surprised nobody has linked to Nup-Nup. :smallamused:

--

Anyways, time for my submission. My recommendation is an old one I've wanted to use as a DM before: Bob the Commoner. Well, Bob the Ultracommoner, in this case.

Bob has some pretty unimpressive stats: 8 in all abilities, except for Constitution, which is an 18. Seeing as how it's his highest stat, Bob decided to put all bonus ability points into Constitution, too. This boosts him up to 30 CON, which is rather impressive, although all it really does is keep him around longer to show off his unimpressiveness.

As a commoner, Bob has proficiency in Chicken Throwing. Needless to say, this isn't the weapon he uses. Bob likes his crossbow, and Bob likes his crossbow bolts. As such, Bob has spend his entire WBL on magical crossbow bolts of various enchantments. Too bad Bob doesn't keep them organized, or else he could be dangerous. We'll just give him a Bag of Holding this time, to hold all those bolts.

Commoners get 2 + INT modifier in skill points, thus leaving Bob with a whole 1 skill point each level. Craft: Basketweaving seems like a popular choice, but I think Concentration is more appropriate, given his high Constitution. It allows him to focus really, really hard. Too bad he doesn't really have anything meaningful to focus on.

Next, onto feats. A level 50 commoner would have 14 feats available - 1 as human, 1 at first level, and 12 from leveling up. As fun as Toughness x14 would be, perhaps I could suggest the Chicken Infested feat instead? With Chicken Infested, Bob has a 50% chance to pull out a chicken from any storage device - such as, say, a bag of holding. :smallamused: Oh, this is just too amusing to pass up.

In order to properly use Chicken Infested and Bob's proficiency at chicken throwing, we would unfortunately need to give Bob some combat skills. We want Bob to be "effective", because every time he tries to draw a crossbow bolt, he has a 50% chance to draw a chicken instead - and throwing one chicken every other round just isn't wacky enough. Normally, Bob would attack with his crossbow twice every three turns: one move to pull a bolt out of his bag of holding, one move action to load it into his crossbow, and one standard action to fire. Quick Draw and Rapid Reload reduce the first two to free actions, allowing an actual full attack (all two of them). Manyshot and Rapid Shot allow for additional attacks, meaning additional bolts needed, meaning additional pulls from the bag of holding.

Bob has a +21 to hit with his crossbow (+25 BAB, -4 nonproficiency, -1 Dex, +1 magical bolts) and a +24 to hit with his chickens (+25 BAB, -1 Dex). Rapid Shot grants one extra attack at a -2 to all attacks, while Manyshot allows an extra 4 attacks at -8. Thus, Bob can make a total of 7 attacks, at +11/+11/+11/+11/+11/+11/+6 attack bonus with the crossbow.

Ignoring Manyshot's implied restriction to bows, all these attacks should work with thrown chickens too, at +3 to any of the above values. Thus, Bob spends his round pulling at item out of his bag of holding, either throwing a chicken (50%) or firing a randomly generated magical crossbow bolt at the target (50%). And he does it 7 times. At an attack value of someone 40 levels below himself.

For extra humor, spend the extra feats on stuff like Weapon Focus (Chicken), Improved Critical (Chicken), and anything else that will apply. Toughness for the remaining, though.

EDIT: And I just realized that the DEX restrictions on Rapid Shot/Manyshot keep them out of Bob's reach. :smallmad: Darn you rules, spoiling my fun!

Flickerdart
2009-06-22, 08:19 PM
Chicken Infested is a Flaw, not a Feat. Nice try though, but you're giving him more feats with it.

erikun
2009-06-22, 08:21 PM
I don't think the +6 HP from two more Toughness is going to matter much. :P If anything, it let's him throw chickens for another round, which is amusing if nothing else.

Chronos
2009-06-22, 09:14 PM
Switch all the normal toughness for improved toughness. >_>Switch all of the Epic Toughness for Improved Toughness, too. ET only gives 30 HP; IT at that level will give 50.

Indon
2009-06-22, 09:25 PM
I thought Improved Toughness wouldn't stack? But, yes, taking that once would be good.

Plus, if I'd optimize for health from feats, I'd have to switch all my non-epic general feats into Incarnum feats anyway - Azure Toughness to get 3 HP per Essentia invested, then a bunch of other Incarnum feats to get more Essentia, then one feat that grants 2 HP per Incarnum feat (so each Incarnum feat effectively gives 5 HP).

A human gains 8 such feats, and at level 50 a character's Essentia max is well over 6, so you could gain 30 HP from taking the following feats:

Azure Toughness, Cerulean Reflexes, Cerulean Fortitude, Cerulean Will, Cobalt Charge, Sapphire Sprint, Incarnum-Fortified Body.

And then you take Improved Toughness as your eighth non-epic general feat (Azure Toughness qualifies as a valid prereq for Imp. Toughness), provided you can't take it as a fighter feat.

Alleine
2009-06-22, 09:29 PM
If you want someone to be even worse, then spend some money having Greater Bestow Curse cast upon them to reduce ability scores, give them a 25% chance to act, or penalties to pretty much every die roll.

Indon
2009-06-23, 10:44 AM
Okay, hacked up an NPC:

Harrison Norris
Neutral Human
Level 50 Fighter (created using 10-11-12-13-14-15 stat array)

Str- 14 (+2)
Dex- 13, +5 from Manual, +12 from items; total 30 (+10)
Con- 15, +12 from stat increases, +5 from Manual, +12 from items; Total 44 (+17)
Int- 12 (+1)
Wis- 11, +5 from Manual; total 16 (+3)
Cha- 10 (+0)

HP: 50d10+1680 (avg. 1955)
AC: 10 + 3 (Dex) + 18 (Full Plate) + 14 (Tower Shield) + 10 (Amulet) + 10 (Ring) + 10 (Whip) = 75
Flat-footed AC: 62
Touch AC: 33

Fort:12+15+17+10=54
Ref:6+15+10+10=41
Will:6+15+3+10=34
Spell Resistance: 27

Attacks:
+39/+34/+29/+24 Whip for 1D3+1D6+6 Nonlethal damage. (Crits 19-20x2)
+57/+52/+47/+42 Longbow for 1D8+1d6+6 Nonlethal damage. (Crits 19-20x2)

Speed: 40
Initiative: +10

CR: 20 (roughly)

Special abilities:
-When Harrison is the subject of a ranged attack of any kind, he may make a DC 20 Reflex save (DC is increased by the enhancement bonus of the weapon administering the attack) to nullify it with his shield. This ability does not require an action.

Tactics: Harrison pursues his target with cold, inevitable determination. When he sees his prey, he begins running after them. He will sprint after his target for up to 5 minutes to catch them (He need not make a constitution check to continue running until he has been running for 52 rounds continuously). If Harrison reaches whip range of his target, he will attack with his whip until his opponents are incapacitated or he has been Forcecaged.

If Harrison can not reach his target, he will take out his bow and fire until his opponents are incapacitated or they clearly have Wind Wall up.

If Harrison is Forcecaged or otherwise physically imprisoned, he will take out his Adamantine Dagger and chip away at the object if it can be damaged, otherwise (particularly in the case of Forcecage, an ability he has intimate familiarity with), he will wait with his shield and Rod of Invulnerability out for the imprisonment to expire.

Only physical imprisonment will contain Harrison - he will pass through Prismatic Sphere, Prismatic Wall or any other effect that can be physically moved through, especially if it requires Fortitude saves to bypass. Harrison additionally does not fear falls of any height or any form of trap.

Harrison does not carry many actively magical items because he does not consider it to be fair, but if faced against quarry whom he does not believe to be fighting fairly, he will at the soonest opportunity purchase a number of Rods of Epic Cancellation, Epic Absorption, and Epic Negation and use them to destroy and debilitate the magical effects and items of his quarry.

DM advice: If you wish to make Harrison more difficult, grant him a special ability which allows him to not automatically fail a saving throw or miss an attack on a 1 - raise his CR by at least 5 if you take this option.

Increase Harrison's CR by 3 if he is carrying epic rods of Absorption, Negation, and Cancellation. When he carries such rods, he carries 1d3+1 of each type.

Build option breakdown:

His 8 pre-epic general feats (which grant 80 HP at level 50):
Azure Toughness, Cerulean Reflexes, Cerulean Fortitude, Cerulean Will, Cobalt Charge, Sapphire Sprint, Incarnum-Fortified Body, Improved Toughness

His 11 pre-epic fighter feats (Which grant 0 HP at level 50):
Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical: Whip
Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical: Longbow

His 25 epic feats (Which grant 750 HP at level 50):
25xEpic Toughness

Items - 25.6 million gold worth, limited to 3 items above 10% of total.
Weapons:
+10 Defending Merciful Whip - 2.8 million gold
+10 Merciful Composite (+2) Longbow - 2.4 million gold
Adamantine Dagger - Negligable
Armor: +10 Mithral Full Plate of Great Spell Resistance (27) - 3.6 million gold
Shield: +10 Mithral Tower Shield of Exceptional Arrow Deflection - 3.2 million gold

Ring 1: Ring of Protection +10 - 2 million gold
Ring 2: Ring of Universal Energy Immunity - 2.1 million gold
Amulet: Amulet of Epic Natural Armor +10 - 2 million gold
Arms: Bracers of Epic Health +12 - 1.4 million gold
Cloak: Cloak of Epic Resistance +10 - 1 million gold
Gloves: Gloves of Epic Dexterity +12 - 1.4 million gold
Boots: Boots of Swiftness - .2 million gold

Other:
Manual of Bodily Health +5 - .1 million gold
Tome of Understanding +5 - .1 million gold
Manual of Quickness of Action +5 - .1 million gold
Cabinet of Feasting - .3 million gold
Rod of Invulnerability - .6 million gold
Rod of The Path - .3 million gold
Roughly two million gold (banked in Sigil, which he can presumably get to by jogging somehow).

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-06-23, 10:52 AM
I wish I could jog to sigil.

Flickerdart
2009-06-23, 10:59 AM
Epic Resilience is the feat that makes someone not fail saves on a 1.

Grynning
2009-06-23, 11:56 AM
This seems like a great opportunity to make the Senor Vorpal Kickasso type character, dipping 1 level into each base class. While the making the actual character sheet would be a huge headache, the results would be interesting...

Indon
2009-06-23, 12:44 PM
I had a bit of time to spare, so as an additional aid to GM's, I present Harrison Norris facts:

-Harrison Norris can hustle for a solid day, covering 64 miles and taking 255 nonlethal damage, all but 92 of which he has already recovered from during the jog (the remaining damage takes almost two hours).

-Harrison Norris' attempts to run and rest in cycles effectively work out to moving 75% faster than a hustle (covering 112 miles in a day and taking 92 damage).

-Harrison Norris can walk for 29 hours before he can even start to get tired. Once he starts to get tired, he can walk for 300 more hours at minimum, after which he can recover after 36 hours.

-Harrison Norris uses the long-term evasion and pursuit rules in the SRD. He always wins.

-Harrison Norris is generally unaffected by tornadoes.

-Harrison Norris will drown or can be smothered within 15 minutes, but he can never suffocate as a result of running out of air, as he will recover from the suffocation more quickly than the lack of oxygen can harm him.

-Harrison Norris can go without water for at least 16 days, and without food for over a year, but he carries a feast everywhere he goes so it doesn't matter.

-Harrison Norris can swim in acid, lava, or acidic lava.

-Harrison Norris enjoys making wizards and other spellcasters spend thousands of gold containing him in Forcecages. He uses the time to peacefully reflect upon his rich and full life.

-Once, after running a sorcerer out of spells, he found he could not harm the sorcerer while he had Stoneskin up. So he repeatedly grappled the sorcerer, climbed up a cliff, and threw them both off the cliff until the sorcerer died.

-If a doppleganger takes the form of Harrison Norris, shoot them both.

Arakune
2009-06-23, 04:01 PM
I had a bit of time to spare, so as an additional aid to GM's, I present Harrison Norris facts:

-Harrison Norris can hustle for a solid day, covering 64 miles and taking 255 nonlethal damage, all but 92 of which he has already recovered from during the jog (the remaining damage takes almost two hours).

-Harrison Norris' attempts to run and rest in cycles effectively work out to moving 75% faster than a hustle (covering 112 miles in a day and taking 92 damage).

-Harrison Norris can walk for 29 hours before he can even start to get tired. Once he starts to get tired, he can walk for 300 more hours at minimum, after which he can recover after 36 hours.

-Harrison Norris uses the long-term evasion and pursuit rules in the SRD. He always wins.

-Harrison Norris is generally unaffected by tornadoes.

-Harrison Norris will drown or can be smothered within 15 minutes, but he can never suffocate as a result of running out of air, as he will recover from the suffocation more quickly than the lack of oxygen can harm him.

-Harrison Norris can go without water for at least 16 days, and without food for over a year, but he carries a feast everywhere he goes so it doesn't matter.

-Harrison Norris can swim in acid, lava, or acidic lava.

-Harrison Norris enjoys making wizards and other spellcasters spend thousands of gold containing him in Forcecages. He uses the time to peacefully reflect upon his rich and full life.

-Once, after running a sorcerer out of spells, he found he could not harm the sorcerer while he had Stoneskin up. So he repeatedly grappled the sorcerer, climbed up a cliff, and threw them both off the cliff until the sorcerer died.

-If a doppleganger takes the form of Harrison Norris, shoot them both.

Now that's funny.

Flickerdart
2009-06-23, 04:34 PM
Harrison Norris should get that 4E ability where you can get anywhere by walking for 24 hours. It'll save him some time in the long run.

Indon
2009-06-23, 04:42 PM
Harrison Norris should get that 4E ability where you can get anywhere by walking for 24 hours. It'll save him some time in the long run.

Harrison Norris has this ability, but he will never use it, because he enjoys the scenery.

Edit: I'm really enjoying this concept.

Edit again: One more fact.

Harrison Norris knows you love him.

Heliomance
2009-06-23, 04:56 PM
How did you build all those abilities into him?

Indon
2009-06-23, 05:16 PM
How did you build all those abilities into him?

The last couple are jokes.

The first list are pretty much things he can do by RAW as a result of his extremely high hit points, constitution, and hit die.

For example, for the rules regarding running out of oxygen (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/environment.htm#suffocation), you make a Fortitude save at increasing difficulty every 15 minutes or take 1d6 nonlethal damage. But it doesn't say you can't heal that nonlethal damage back, and a 50 HD character heals 50 nonlethal damage every hour (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/injuryandDeath.htm#nonlethalDamage). So while he can be drowned or suffocated through smothering using the drowning rules (in which his 44 con will only give him 130-150 rounds of survival), he can not die, or even be significantly harmed, through merely running out of oxygen.