PDA

View Full Version : use bardic music for things

yilduz
2009-06-22, 10:33 PM
I was wondering if there were any feats that give you abilities or anything for spending bardic music things. Kind of like divine feats with turn/rebuke undead.

ZeroNumerous
2009-06-22, 10:35 PM
If I recall, Lyric Thaumaturge can do things with Bardic Music. Failing that, you could pick up Dragonfire Inspiration from Dragon Magic.

EndlessWrath
2009-06-22, 10:45 PM
If I recall, Lyric Thaumaturge can do things with Bardic Music. Failing that, you could pick up Dragonfire Inspiration from Dragon Magic.

Not an expert on Bardic feats or PrCs...

I find Lyricist Thamaturgist is a strong choice.

The Lyricist Thamaturgist is a PrC that focuses on the Arcane Spellcasting capability of the Bard and increases number of spells known, Increases number of spells you can cast.. and adds to its caster level.

Furthermore it has an ability thats a trigger effect.

Any spell you cast with a sonic subtype will allow this effect (requires 5th level of the class. sonic blast or something like that.)
Spend a bardic music attempt to add Damage based on caster level to the spell. You also gain levels as if you were a bard.. increasing your bardic music as per normal.
So 8th level bard 7th thamaturgist.. can use this 15 times/ day

its in Complete Mage.

Hope that helps. if i find anything else i would.
~Wrath

Eldariel
2009-06-22, 10:46 PM
I was wondering if there were any feats that give you abilities or anything for spending bardic music things. Kind of like divine feats with turn/rebuke undead.

What are you trying to do? There are tons; most notably Metamagic Song [RoS] for casting, Snowflake Wardance [Frostburn] for combat and enhancers such as Haunting Melody [ECS] for the actual song. Then there are few other songs you can learn from other classes, such as Sublime Chord [CArc] (especially Song of Arcane Power is awesome), Virtuoso [CAdv] (it has few good ones), and then stuff like Seeker of the Song [CArc], which sucks.

Then there are tons of alternative class features across books that allow Bards to trade their songs for other songs. End result is a great variety of songs available, and other uses for your Song-uses. Just need to know what you want.

Yukitsu
2009-06-22, 10:47 PM
Metamagic song lets you use them pretty much as a cleric uses divine metamagic, with the caveat that you can't boost it past the highest level you can cast.

Lyric spell lets you burn those into castings of spells instead of spell slots.

yilduz
2009-06-22, 11:36 PM
What are you trying to do?

Nothing specific. Just looking for anything that can make the class a bit more interesting.

Thank you for what has been posted so far. I'm looking into those, some seem pretty interesting already. :smallwink:

Devils_Advocate
2009-06-23, 03:11 PM
The Eberron Campaign Setting presents several Bardic Music feats. They can be taken normally or used to replace one of the normal forms of Bardic Music.