PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Bonus Feat: Tactics

Lysander
2009-06-22, 11:55 PM
Roy might like this one. Instead of being a big dumb fighter a player with this skill is a master of planning and foresight.

Tactics
You can anticipate eventualities and discuss strategy with allies. If you spend at least one hour discussing tactics with an ally from then on you are able to coordinate when fighting, knowing what the other will do and wants you to do without even speaking.

During combat the fighter and any ally can act as if connected with a Telepathic Bond spell. However no actual speaking, communication, or magic is taking place. It is merely perfect teamwork.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-06-23, 08:37 AM
If you spend at least one hour discussing tactics with an ally from then on [...]

I hope you don't mean an hour of talking grants a permanent telepathic bond effect. That'll make Rary jealous. :smallwink:

You might want to specify how long it lasts exactly (one combat? Any combats within the next X hours? Any combats against X monster(s) for the next Y days?) rather than leaving it so open-ended.

Lysander
2009-06-23, 09:02 AM
I hope you don't mean an hour of talking grants a permanent telepathic bond effect. That'll make Rary jealous. :smallwink:

You might want to specify how long it lasts exactly (one combat? Any combats within the next X hours? Any combats against X monster(s) for the next Y days?) rather than leaving it so open-ended.

I think it should last for one entire day, but there must be a new conversation for every environment they enter.

So if they're traveling through a desert that one conversation is good for ambushes, animal attacks, and natural hazards in the desert. But if they come across a castle or a cave and enter, there would need to be another conversation about the castle or the cave before entering.

Maybe the conversation time should be reduced to ten minutes. Most of the time the DM should assume it happened "off panel", if the characters were together and able to speak.